Ultimate PBRSkin Manager (Commercial) ** 2 additional utility scripts available here **

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105

Yes of course they will. As I told before, this skin manager will be updated when necessary to correspond the best to the new habits of the PA, and to warranty it is optimal and useable on all PBRSkin figures (even when they are "not totally" PBRSkin).

I just have to confirm my intuition that it is better to "embed" at least one of them, maybe the two direclty in the main PBRSkin Manager script rather than adding these two new scripts separately. This way, if a PA forgot to convert the nails or the eyesocket, a popup will tell you what surfaces are not PBRSkins, and will ask you if you want to apply PBRSkin on eyesocket (nails will be automatically converted for a script reason). And then the script will go on, whatever your choice for eyesocket (yes or no).

• V3Digitimes said:

Thanks !!!

it is released today : https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pbrskin-manager

I like this interface a lot... would it be possible to make a version that manages PBR properties on other things?  

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it :)

for your question, well. yes, it is technically possible. But is there a real interest for other types of surfaces? Because for materials in a scene, except figures, you have object surfaces, and today 99% (or more?) of the objects use Iray Uber and not PBRSkin.... This is why I wonder what it could be useful for? Or then it would be an interface similar to the one of Ultimate Iray Skin manager which is dedicated to iray uber (the shader used by objects): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/238401/ultimate-iray-skin-manager-commercial  ; ??? (if in your head this is the case, please jump to the other thread, I'm gonna make all possible efforts not to mix the two shaders in the forum).

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

V3Digitimes said:

It seems that for some of 8.1 figures, or some materials for those figures sold recently (not Daz ones which are OK, but PA ones), some “Eyesocket” surfaces were not properly converted to PBRSkins by their authors, resulting in the script telling you that not all the skin surfaces are PBRSkins (which is basically true), and preventing it to launch.
    Just had exactly that issue with Judy Love. Thanks for the heads-up.

You're welcome!  When the product was created there were almost only Daz Originals, and of course they have not this issue. I saw this appearing super recently. This will be the priority of the next update.

Is it ok, did you manage to solve the issue with the dse you can download on this thread? (or if you are comfortable with DS, maybe you simply applied PBRSkin shader on Eyesocket). Once done, the manager will eat your figure as a chocolate cake!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Very nice utility!   I have not messed much with the PBRSkin Shader except to take a quick peek at at.  So I thought I would drop this image here for an example (Not good in the surfaces rooms so dont judge! LOL)

This is Aisling for G8F she has an iray shader.  I applied the PBRSS to her then opened the script. I got this is in less than 2 minutes of fiddling with dials.  I feel like its pretty darn close to the original. I did use Chevybabes Natural Eyes II for her because the PBRSS made her eyes go completely white. 

Left is PBRSS  right is the original iray shaders.

PBR.jpg
    1300 x 935 - 450K

Hey, thank you so much for sharing :) Indeed the results between the two skins are pretty close! This can be set even closer maybe, either via the tone settings or via a slight gamma change on either  Base color or translucency color map  (2.5?).  But I am super happy to read that it took you less than two minutes to reach this and that it helped you.

When you transfer a skin like that from Iray Uber to PBR skin you can keep the eyes surface as iray uber (well except the eyesocket which must be converted), this is what is happening even in Daz original figures  from what I saw on V81 (if I remember well) and other figures, skin surface are pbrskin, but eyes remain iray uber.

Good job for a shader conversion :)

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122

Thank for this delicious product.  I've been using it all day, I the interface, it makes PBR Skin fun to play with.

One minor thing, On the gloss/bump tab the D.L.S.  Roughness Mult, seems to have an upper limit of 1.0, it does not have this limit in the vanilla interface and pressing the "Remove Limits..." button at the bottom seems to have no effect.  I find the ability to push this value higher than 1.0 useful, because I can change a high gloss on the model to a lovely velvety diffuse.  Thank you again. 

@chou-vert : Thank you very much for the feedback!!!

I'll have a look at the limits. Some were deliberately pushed above their natural limits because doing so could enhance the results. For this specific one, you are right. This limit will be patched and will be included in the next update (the one allowing eyesocket not being a PBRSkin), which should be submitted pretty fast. This limit escaped me and my testers, well done :)

Just by curiosity because of your name, are you French?

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited March 2021

Love the product so far except for one thing... smiley

The detail normals: The horizontal / verticle tiles aren't supposed to be the same for all of the texture maps. 

Because the texture maps differ in size, the detail normal horizontal / verticle differs as well. 

For instance, on Victoria 8.1 the setting on the face is 25 / 25, and on the legs it's 65 / 65, and the arms is 38 / 38, while only the torso is 70 / 70. Right now, the PBRSkin Manager is setting everything to the torso default of 70 / 70.

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122

Thank you for your quick attention to this.  Alas, I'm not French (yet) just an extreme francophile. Oh, and I love cabbage.

@Leonides02 : you are right, the tile should be different from each surface. I was aware of that. The thing I can try to do is to see if there is a way to have a multiplier for the tiles (so that you take the initial tile and multiply all the surfaces by the same value, this way you keep the proportional tiles, but you don't have access to the exact value. Maybe with a check box (allowing either to be absolute, or relative).

@Chou-Vert : this explains everything!

V3Digitimes said:

@Leonides02 : you are right, the tile should be different from each surface. I was aware of that. The thing I can try to do is to see if there is a way to have a multiplier for the tiles (so that you take the initial tile and multiply all the surfaces by the same value, this way you keep the proportional tiles, but you don't have access to the exact value. Maybe with a check box (allowing either to be absolute, or relative).

This is a good idea!

In that case the defaults would be...

Head / Lips / Ears @ 0.36

Neck @ 0.5

Arms @ 0.54

Legs @ 0.93

(I think?)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337

Would it be possible to have automatic conversion of iray materials on the characters without PBR shader to convert them to PBRskin?

I'd rather use the default that the author of the figure used. The idea would be head = initial head * dial, neck = initial neck * dial, arms = initial arms * dial, etc... For the checkbox between absolute and relative I'm not sure I can do it because I don't know how I could be taken into account by the load and save functions. I think the best is the multiplier only, this whay when you reload the multiplier (the dial) applies and respects the initial differences of tiles. Yes, I will try this first.

Also, this is more of a feature request...

Is there any way to allow the Colors to exceed the max default limits?

I often brighten textures by setting the color to (for example) 1.5, 1.5, 1.5.

Unfortunately, the script sets this as 51, 51, 51.

V3Digitimes said:

You're welcome!  When the product was created there were almost only Daz Originals, and of course they have not this issue. I saw this appearing super recently. This will be the priority of the next update.

Is it ok, did you manage to solve the issue with the dse you can download on this thread? (or if you are comfortable with DS, maybe you simply applied PBRSkin shader on Eyesocket). Once done, the manager will eat your figure as a chocolate cake!

The .dse her worked just as advertised. The only issue was that the forum software changes the names of the attached files to some cryptic mess and converts images to .webp.

edited March 2021

No there is no way on the short term since you access colors via the color widget of Daz (I don't think you can do that with it) . If you want to brighten the texture via color, though, you can change the gamma of the base color (the closer you go to 1, the more clear it is in general). If your figure has an heavy translucency weight, then you may have to lower this translucency and eventually change the gamma of the translucency color map (except if this one is the same as the base color map).

I can have a look if I can introduce a base color multiplier dial next to the base color, but not sure it will work, and I'm afraid people could be confused about its usage.

I'll try to see, it can be an interesting feature.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

@Ascania : indeed, not handy :(... Anyway this week end I will work on the integration of these new features as well as the users request directly in the main script if possible.

V3Digitimes said:

@Ascania : indeed, not handy :(... Anyway this week end I will work on the integration of these new features as well as the users request directly in the main script if possible.

Maybe just zip them up and put them here that way. That way at least DAZ will only rename and convert the zip container.

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 144

Daventaki said:

Very nice utility!   I have not messed much with the PBRSkin Shader except to take a quick peek at at.  So I thought I would drop this image here for an example (Not good in the surfaces rooms so dont judge! LOL)

This is Aisling for G8F she has an iray shader.  I applied the PBRSS to her then opened the script. I got this is in less than 2 minutes of fiddling with dials.  I feel like its pretty darn close to the original. I did use Chevybabes Natural Eyes II for her because the PBRSS made her eyes go completely white. 

Have to say, I prefer the original. Too much skin detail lost in the PBRSS render

edited March 2021

@Ascania: Yes good idea, I'm gonna do that!

@Romulus71 : don't see this as an optimisation, just see this as what it is: an attempt to get similar results in 2 minutes after a conversion from Iray Uber.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Can this be used for non DAZ figures?  

No it does not. Well, or maybe : if you force the change of the figure name (not label, name) by script, to give it the name of a Genesis figure, and if your surfaces are the same as the surfaces of any of the supported generations. But it's a lot of ifs....

V3Digitimes said:

No there is no way on the short term since you access colors via the color widget of Daz (I don't think you can do that with it) . If you want to brighten the texture via color, though, you can change the gamma of the base color (the closer you go to 1, the more clear it is in general). If your figure has an heavy translucency weight, then you may have to lower this translucency and eventually change the gamma of the translucency color map (except if this one is the same as the base color map).

I can have a look if I can introduce a base color multiplier dial next to the base color, but not sure it will work, and I'm afraid people could be confused about its usage.

I'll try to see, it can be an interesting feature.

Thank you for all your hard work. I'm very grateful. I'm loving the product so far, as well! smiley

Great thanks! So happy you love it :)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Romulus71 said:

Daventaki said:

Have to say, I prefer the original. Too much skin detail lost in the PBRSS render

Yes I agree and I think this is what the biggest disatisfaction is with the PBRSS is it seems to "soften" the textures (You can notice this with the lip textures too)  But I think as we get more textures built specifically with the PBRSS I think we will see an improvement on these issues.  And got to remember that was two minutes of playing via someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing LOL. 

I feel the same, I hope that the texture maps will be more optimized for the new shader in the future....

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    edited March 2021

Daventaki said:

Romulus71 said:

Daventaki said:

Yes I agree and I think this is what the biggest disatisfaction is with the PBRSS is it seems to "soften" the textures (You can notice this with the lip textures too)  But I think as we get more textures built specifically with the PBRSS I think we will see an improvement on these issues.  And got to remember that was two minutes of playing via someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing LOL. 

Still waiting to be convinced to puchase this product. More examples needed.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Just to be clear, this is not a new shader, the result you will be able to obtain will mainly depend on both PBRSkin and the texture maps included in your figure. This is simply a tool allowing you to tweak skins clearly, easily, efficiently. Now it can't go beyond where PBRSkin can go with the figure maps of a given figure (or just a bit by pushing the limits).