BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►New Year Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ♥♦♣♠ .. ELEMENTS .. ♠♣♦♥

Comments

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

@yellow Pen:

Both images are very successful. Beautiful work.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your nice comment Drachenlords :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And Yay, Chohole is now back, after the house move from hell and an over 2 week wait to get the internet reconnected.

The good news is my broadband is now the high speed variety.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Welcome back :-)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

Great to see you back - and with the faster broadband, you can also type faster :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Great to see you back - and with the faster broadband, you can also type faster :lol:

Doesn't seem to make any difference on Skype. I still get too many typos if I try to increase my typing speed.

Murphy's law said that if I had to move in January then I was taking a chance with the weather, but did it have to throw 3 inches of snow at us, followed by torrential icy rain and high winds, when we doing a DIY move, which had been made worse already by having to use a substitute (and of course smaller) van as the original loan of a van fell through at the last minute.. Where we were moving from we could only park on the other side of the road, so everything was carried across regardless of weather when we got even the slightest let up in the rain. We all ended up soaked to the skin, and of course himself and I couldn't change into dry clothes, as they were all packed ready to move. We ended up bringing the last stuff up in the car on the next day, when it snowed again. Stuff to go (I guess you always find things you don't need when you move) was taken to the dump on Friday, by car again, and then cleaned the old house at the weekend, having had to ask the old landlord if we could hang on to the keys till Monday.

Not quite sure why we bothered, as it appears he is now gutting the old house. not before time I might add.

I did feel really sorry for the poor guy who came to reconnect the telephone line as he was a trainee and his supervisor sat in a warm Van and watched him gingerly inch his way up the telegraph pole in the wind and weather. We watched out the window, didn't look fun. Telephone was connected according to schedule, but there was a problem with the internet cable, hence why we didn't get that back till yesterday. the guy who did that one was very fast and efficient, but did say that the outside cabinet up the road is a mess where they are connecting the new fibre cable to the old copper wiring which comes to the houses. Just have to hope that it stands up to the strain I guess.

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

You moved during a retrograde Mercury!! :ohh:

edited January 2015

This image is called "Earth, Air, Fire, Water."

Editing post to add that the only post-processing was to give the junk a small wake.

elements.jpg
    800 x 600 - 217K
    Post edited by Bonito Lil on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Sandy: Nice looking space scene.

@yellow Pen: Two new images are nice, I especially like the color in the second image.

@Pam: Sounds as though you had a real challenge getting from point A to point B. Murphy was on vacation during our last, and hopefully our final, move. Being up on a pole in the weather you described is NOT fun. The pole is usually icy, you're cold, hands are cold and stiff, and things usually don't go as planned. Plus, with the boss watching, it gets to be a mess.

@asterlil: Welcome to the forum. You created a real nice image.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

really nice renders from everyone so far in this challenge :)

@ Chohole, Welcome back :)

edited December 1969

@GussNemo, thank you. I'm not so much new as cryogenically well-preserved, having joined a few years ago but unaccountably didn't get involved. Nice people here.

@drachenlords, I really like the image about phosphorus; it's a good composition, with dramatic lighting.

@CTippetts -- love your sense of humor.

@ yellow pen, the headless horseman is, I think, my favorite of your three submissions.

@mtnmen, nice complex image! Using the zodiac as a sort of diadem is a nice touch. The picture makes me think of Shiva dancing (have you seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hYq3Y9IoU ?)

edited December 1969

@asterlil - very nice scene.

edited December 1969

Lightened a little and sharpened in PS while I was there as the original turned out too dark.

Fighting the Elements

fighting-the-elements-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 642K
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@yellowpen... Sleepy Hollow... very nice image...love the horse coming at me like tha... and the Fireghosts are lovely...
    @asterlil... Earth Air Fire and Water is very nice...love the clouds
    and thanks for the great comment and the link to the very cool animation...
    @fishtales...
    he looks like he really is fighting the elements... very nice image...
    Steve

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Sandy: He just needs a rain slicker and umbrella. Scene does look nice.

edited December 1969

@Sandy - great idea, nicely done.

edited January 2015

thank you all for your nice comments :-)

and, welcome back Chohole. I missed you :-)
    and I have a question to you; may I change my first entry, Sauron's Eye? I've changed the tower a little bit... if yes, should I delete the first and replace it with the new one, or shold I place the new One into a new Post?

Nice new Images here again :-)

Post edited by Yellow Pen on
    edited January 2015

I finally have something for this challenge. There's water, air, earth and ad the unpredictable element weather. The trees were made in Arbaro.

Title: Air and Water
    Resources used: High Resolution Terrains - Set 1 for materials only.

Air+Water-C.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 383K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo

Lovely real looking terrain.

edited December 1969

@Horo, That's a lovely composition. I had never heard of Arbaro. How easy or difficult is it to work with? Do you need to be a mathematician or a programmer to figure it out?

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited February 2015

Good renders everyone !
    Time to submit what I've come up with.
    first image : element of design
    Title : Minimalistic Living

Minimalistic_living.jpg
    787 x 393 - 59K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited December 1969

My second entry
    element : Air, fire, water and earth
    Title : it must be hot down there

It_must_be_hot_down_there2.jpg
    787 x 393 - 65K
    edited December 1969

@Sandy - thank you. Have you noticed the rain?

@asterlil - thank you. I find Arbaro quite simple to use, at least much simpler than ngPlant which I find a bit bewildering.

@adbc - two very nice renders.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Sandy - thank you. Have you noticed the rain?

I do now :-)

It is very subtle so is getting lost in the noise in the dark area but I can just see the light lines converging towards the rainbow in the distance.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

and I have a question to you; may I change my first entry, Sauron's Eye? I've changed the tower a little bit... if yes, should I delete the first and replace it with the new one, or shold I place the new One into a new Post?

You can do either. This thread allows one to show the progress you are making on a render, so it doesn't have to show only the final render. However, you need to clearly mark which one is the final render so the correct version will be added to the final judging thread.

(pros and cons: If you replace instead of add a second one, that would eliminate the (unlikely) chance of the wrong version getting selected by accident... but I don't think that's ever happened yet, probably not a concern. If you post a second version, people can compare it to the previous version you posted, if you want them to see the difference; for example sometimes people post multiple versions and ask which version people like better because they can't decide between them.)

edited February 2015

aaaaaaah.... thank you Sean :-)

So I Post my new one here.
    I think this is better than my first entry, but I'm not so sure; so I ask you all what you are thinking, whitch one is better?

@ Chohole: this here is my first entry then.

Title: Sauron's eye 1

the_eye_of_Sauron_a.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 444K
    Post edited by Yellow Pen on
    edited December 1969

@ Horo : thank you !

edited December 1969

@yellow Pen - in my opinion, the new one here. I compared them in full size side by side. The tower is more detailed and the glow in the valley more pronounced.

edited December 1969

@yellow pen, what Horo said. :-)

edited December 1969

thank you Horo and Asterlil :-)

Ok, then I set it as my first entry.