BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►New Year Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ♥♦♣♠ .. ELEMENTS .. ♠♣♦♥

124»

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@dragonfall1221 - very nice.

@mtnmen - another nice one.

@mermaid010 - I agree with Sandy, looks like a bunch of cables exactly the way they shouldn't look like. Very well done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

My 3rd entry : Element of Painting.

The image is meant to look like a painting.
    It's entirely Bryce made and took 10 hours to render.

title : Berries on trees.

Berries_on_trees.jpg
    793 x 396 - 58K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Took a literal interpretation of the theme - some acrylic paperweights I think I saw somewhere.
    Cubes modeled and textured in Modo, table and back cabinets also modeled in Modo with Bryce textures.
    Left hand "mech" is from the Modo Bashing Kit and the telephone is from the content that come's with Modo.
    Periodic Table on back wall is by Todd Helmenstine posted at Sciencenotes.org.

Illuminated by 2 spots and 2 radials, both ranged to the scene.
    Rendered at 32RPP with True Ambience enabled, Ray Bounces set to 8, just under 7 hours.

Great images by all and thanks for looking!

b_blocks.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 275K
  • Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

@dragonfall -- An interesting and original interpretation of Fire.
    @mtnmen -- Nice! You brought to memory those original Superman shows with George Reeve. There really was smoke coming out of his fist when he did this!
    @mermaid10 -- re 2nd entry, This is very cool; I love that kind of complexity.
    @adbc -- What a fascinating image! Quite beautiful.
    @dan -- Great detail in your submission.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited February 2015

Thanks Adbc, Horo and Asterlil

Adbc - wow beautiful render, looks more like an oil painting, very subtle.

Dan- great idea- very nicely done.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@dan : very nice image
    @asterlil and mermaid : thanks.

edited December 1969

@adbc - that's a nice one.

@Dan - great render, I love the details.

edited December 1969

Thank you Horo !

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@Mtnmn - I'm reminded of an episode of Superman, where a jungle temple statue had an eye made of diamond stolen, putting the natives on the warpath against "the white man". Superman, as Clark Kent, did a sleight of hand with some coal, sticking it into a natural pool of water, and crushing it into a diamond, (somehow perfectly faceted and the same size as the missing jewel), to convince the natives that it was not stolen, but lost in the pool, in order to mend the division between the races, and "save the day". Was that your inspiration? That looks like the sleeves of Superman's outfit.

@Horo - I keep showing people your canyon on page four of this thread. Nice! My Mother asked where you took that picture, (she's 86 and has a hard time comprehending digital possibilities).

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Hello all, glad to be back.

Three metaballs,two cylinders and a couple of small squished spheres.
    I like the way metaballs blend different materials.

Title
    Blood,Sweat and Tears.

blood_sweat_and_tears.png
    1114 x 635 - 2M
  • dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - Thank you
    @mtmn - Thanks! I love Carbon, especially the heat glow on the skin. Very cool
    @adbc - thank you. I like Elements of painting. It kinda makes me wish I could dive into it through my screen
    @Horo - thank you! and thank you for posting Kine_Magik's indepth Instancing tutorial on your website (I know, years late, but better late than never). I'll never have to drive myself crazy placing plants again ^_^
    @Dan Whiteside - I laughed out loud at your entry. The scientist in me approves
    @asterlil - thank you

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I think this is number three for me. I know it's not a winner, (nor are my other two), but I made this just for this theme, so I'm uploading it anyway. With all of the WONDERFUL entries I've seen you real artists submit, mine are sure to land in the last three places. Hey ... someone has to lose.

This one is called "Element Tree". (Get it ... Elementary? To further add to the joke, I made it from "A Lemon Tree")

I was worried that the Helium and Argon might yank the tree out of the ground, but they floated off, along with all the other gases. Fortunately the weather here is cool enough that the Rubidium stayed solid, and in the tree, but the Mercury melted to the ground at the base of the tree.

The material for many of the elements were made from image files of the actual elements or their ores, with a higher contrast grey-scale copy of the image used for bump. I used Paint Shop Pro to make those material images, and used its "seamless tile" function to make them, well, seamless materials. Other materials I used are already provided in Bryce. I didn't have time to do all of the elements, but, had I tried, the tree would have been unable to support them, and would have died.

I also used Paint Shop Pro to make the grey-scale letters applied to the symmetrical lattices for each element.

Since I rendered in the default BMP format, I also used Paint Shop Pro to convert the file to a JPG for uploading purposes as the only "after-work".

Yes, it's true. Mere air, wind, earth, water, and fire were not enough elements for me. I require an element of comedy, or at least sarcasm.

ElementTree.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 922K
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Thanks to Mermaid, adbc, Horo, Dragonfall... for your great comments...

@Mermaid... I love your Cyber Network...Really great.
    @adbc... I love Berries on a Tree... You succeeded... It looks just like a painting, complete with brush strokes...
    @Dan Whiteside... Thank you for the literal interpretation... "Building Blocks". indeed...
    @Tapioca Tundra...Blood Sweat and Tears is gorgeous...I am trying to find the metaballs... it's really great.
    @C Tippettes... I so appreciate your sarcastic humor...and using A-Lemon-Tree ...how funny...Great!

Asterlil and C Tippettes... I am so glad that you got it and especially that you remembered the George Reeves' Superman series... and even specific episodes... I even remember Lois' Studebaker... Gawd, I'm old...

This has been a great showing of talent... again... Beautiful stuff from all you artists...
    Steve

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mtnmen for your comment

C Tippettes – really nice entry, chin up even if the judges don’t pick our entries we are all winners :-)

Getting my 3rd entry in at the last minute. I forgot February has only 28 days.:)

I love the cloudscapes from David and used one again Cloudspaces 5 xFrog trees and freebies from archive 3D. TA render 4Rpp, Soft shadows, Boost Light 10hours.

Serenity

Good Luck everyone :-)

elem4rpp.jpg
    600 x 600 - 90K
  • Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

I had an idea for a second submission, involving the "noble gases" group of the periodic table, but I could never settle on a visualization, even for good old neon. My handling of human models is still crappy. And now that the clock has run out I can talk about it. ;-)

Good luck everyone! As Mermaid just said, we're all winners, really

edited December 1969

@Tapioca Tundra : simple stuff can be beautiful !
    @CTippets : nice render , love the tree
    @mermaid010 : I like your 3rd entry especially the light and shadows, very realistic
    @mntnmen : thanks for your comment

edited March 2015

CTippetts said:
    @Horo - I keep showing people your canyon on page four of this thread. Nice! My Mother asked where you took that picture, (she's 86 and has a hard time comprehending digital possibilities).

I know what you mean. When I showed my very first render to my mother, she was amazed how good a photo camera I have.
    Nice tree with the letters in it. A bit much of haze, perhaps.

@TapiocaTundra - that's a very nice render.

@dragonfall1221 - you're welcome. I also read through it in full yesterday. What Kine_MagiK sais is timeless - at least as timeless as Bryce.

@mermaid010 - oh, that's beautiful.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well done all wo entered this time. I will collect the images up and make the judging thread later on today.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

brilliant renders from everyone, and best of luck for this challenge :)