[Released] ManFriday's Render Queue 3 [Commercial]

123457»

Comments

• hugepatreonhugepatreon Posts: 4

walter said:

hugepatreon said:

Sure, I tried attaching the script here but the site wont let me, so I will upload it to renderosity and notify you when it gets approved.

Thanks so much, that'd be amazing! And it will help me a lot in my work.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/97672/script-save-each-timeline-frame-as-separate-file

Here you go the save timeline script :)

• walterwalter Posts: 10

hugepatreon said:

walter said:

hugepatreon said:

Sure, I tried attaching the script here but the site wont let me, so I will upload it to renderosity and notify you when it gets approved.

Thanks so much, that'd be amazing! And it will help me a lot in my work.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/97672/script-save-each-timeline-frame-as-separate-file

Here you go the save timeline script :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this! You are the best!

• JJJJ Posts: 5
    edited May 30

Hi, I have two major bugs with Render Queue 3: 

1. If I select for example 3 scenes (each with 3-5 cameras) and choose "Fully render scene" and "All visible cameras" in the settings for all these scenes, the queue is rendering all cameras from the first scene, but for the others just the perspective view. This bug is permanent. 

2. If I select just 1 scene (with 3-5 cameras) and choose "Fully render scene" and "All visible cameras" in the settings for this scene, the queue sometimes, saves just the first render of the first camera, then the queue renders all the other cameras too, but doesnt save them in the same folder. They are renedered according to the queue, but they simply doesnt exist in the destination path. This is so annoying...

Render Queue 1.0 there werent any problems. But with Daz 4.22 on Win11 it doenst work anymore for me.

Post edited by JJ on
  • walterwalter Posts: 10

JJ said:

1. If I select for example 3 scenes (each with 3-5 cameras) and choose "Fully render scene" and "All visible cameras" in the settings for all these scenes, the queue is rendering all cameras from the first scene, but for the others just the perspective view. This bug is permanent. 

2. If I select just 1 scene (with 3-5 cameras) and choose "Fully render scene" and "All visible cameras" in the settings for this scene, the queue sometimes, saves just the first render of the first camera, then the queue renders all the other cameras too, but doesnt save them in the same folder. They are renedered according to the queue, but they simply doesnt exist in the destination path. This is so annoying...

Render Queue 1.0 there werent any problems. But with Daz 4.22 on Win11 it doenst work anymore for me.

Yeah, same. The render queue 3 is full of bugs, but Manfriday seems to ignore any bug report, saying on his end it does not happen. When everyone got the same bugs, they just take it as there is not much to do about it. I bought this when it was released, and I thought the bugs were going to be fixed, but it's still the same. Animations, which were the main feature, are completely broken.

This script is missing two important things. One is setting a minimum time on their script, so Daz waits for this no matter what before starting rendering. The actual method does not allow time for smoothing to load. You can only set the "Maximum time," not the minimum. I've done a lot of testing, and even if you set the maximum at its max, it will start rendering as soon as the scene loads, not giving any time for the scene to breathe. So no wonder why it breaks stuff. Forget about having scenes with several or smoothing modifiers with high values.

Secondly, being able to restart after a scene has ended, not after each render as it does now. With this feature, animations would work as intended, as you need to restart the scene after an animation. Restarting an animation after each render is nuts... they would never finish. And with the actual method, if the next scene is loaded without restarting, the VRAM in many cases will be exhausted and throw Iray bugs.

I've been trying to make this work for almost a year, but I gave up, and I'm back using Render Doctor, which works much better than this. Even the first render queue was much better.

• JJJJ Posts: 5

walter said:

JJ said:

Yeah, same. The render queue 3 is full of bugs, but Manfriday seems to ignore any bug report, saying on his end it does not happen. When everyone got the same bugs, they just take it as there is not much to do about it. I bought this when it was released, and I thought the bugs were going to be fixed, but it's still the same. Animations, which were the main feature, are completely broken.

This script is missing two important things. One is setting a minimum time on their script, so Daz waits for this no matter what before starting rendering. The actual method does not allow time for smoothing to load. You can only set the "Maximum time," not the minimum. I've done a lot of testing, and even if you set the maximum at its max, it will start rendering as soon as the scene loads, not giving any time for the scene to breathe. So no wonder why it breaks stuff. Forget about having scenes with several or smoothing modifiers with high values.

Secondly, being able to restart after a scene has ended, not after each render as it does now. With this feature, animations would work as intended, as you need to restart the scene after an animation. Restarting an animation after each render is nuts... they would never finish. And with the actual method, if the next scene is loaded without restarting, the VRAM in many cases will be exhausted and throw Iray bugs.

I've been trying to make this work for almost a year, but I gave up, and I'm back using Render Doctor, which works much better than this. Even the first render queue was much better.

My current workaround is to use the default settings without restarting Daz3D after each render. If I leave everything as default, I can easily render 5-7 scenes with 3-7 cameras without major performance losses. This also includes the waiting times/decay times.

With significantly more scenes it could become problematic because of the known Daz3D cache problem. 

Maybe ManFriday has mainly tested with default settings?

I would be very happy if the product would work fully, then it would have the benefit of the previous version + the possibility to render animations with restarts.  I would easily fork out $50 for that.

PS: I haven't had the smoothing problem yet because I haven't rendered any animations. Maybe it will be necessary to leave out clothes XD.

• arrrtiearrrtie Posts: 13

JJ said:

Same problems here. I was *so* excited to see an update Render Queue. I'm also using Daz 4.22 on Windows 11, and the product just doesn't work. For such an expensive software update, I'm a little frustrated that it looks like it hasn't been addressed. I'll give it some time, but I might need to refund this one </3. Back to 1.0 for now.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,468

arrrtie said:

JJ said:

Same problems here. I was *so* excited to see an update Render Queue. I'm also using Daz 4.22 on Windows 11, and the product just doesn't work. For such an expensive software update, I'm a little frustrated that it looks like it hasn't been addressed. I'll give it some time, but I might need to refund this one </3. Back to 1.0 for now.

You only have 30 days from date of purchase to request a refund. Don't wait too long. There have been no updates to this product for a long time, and ManFriday has not been active in this forum thread lately. I think the chance of a quick resolution to your problem is very small. I hope I am wrong.

• arrrtiearrrtie Posts: 13

barbult said:

arrrtie said:

JJ said:

You only have 30 days from date of purchase to request a refund. Don't wait too long. There have been no updates to this product for a long time, and ManFriday has not been active in this forum thread lately. I think the chance of a quick resolution to your problem is very small. I hope I am wrong.

I only bought it two days ago, so I'll give it another week or two to see if *anything* happens, and head for refund road from there. Thanks for confirming that this product has been sort of abandoned as it looks though, I use render queue as an essential part of my workflow for my income, so I don't have a lot of time to hope for updates. 

edited June 10

By the way, I'm unable to reproduce either of the errors the JJ reported. I created 4 scenes, each of which had 3 cameras. I made sure all three cameras had their visible "eye" on in the scene pane. I tried lots of combinations - saving as PNG, saving as JPG, scenes saved with one of the visible cameras selected, scenes saved with Perspective view selected, scenes saved with Top orthographic view selected scenes where all 4 scenes had cameras with the same 3 names, scenes where all 4 scenes had unique camera names, scenarios overriding the rendered image size. In all cases, all images from all visible cameras were rendered and saved correctly.

I'm using DS 4.22.1.150 Public Build on Windows 10.

Question: Are you people who are having the problems listed by JJ restarting Daz Studio after a certain number of renders? I did not have Render Queue 3 restart Das Studio in my tests above. If you read through this thread, you will see reports of problems that occurred after Daz Studio restarted. I haven't tried that scenario.

Post edited by barbult on

Aha! Yes, I can reproduce the errors reported by JJ if I configure Render Queue to restart after a certain number of renders. This appears to be the same error reported by deepblueXXXX in this thread back in March. ManFriday responded to that report, so is eveidently aware of the problem. We can hope that he is working on a fix.

• So, I have been using Render Queue since shortly after it first came out.  It has severed me well and depite the varites of updates and whathave you from Daz, it's always been my go to for the 'production' of the volume of images I create. 

Until this week.  For some reason, when I load a series (3 to 5) renders to the queue (just as I have always done), the 'RENDER' button does not become prominent (selectable) so I can NOT start the render queue.  Is there some known glitch or bug that has come up with the latest edition of DAZ or could it be some sort of setting I've somehow clicked on?  

Any ideas from the 'superusers' or better yet, the creator?

Thanks.

UnderTheBlackHat said:

So, I have been using Render Queue since shortly after it first came out.  It has severed me well and depite the varites of updates and whathave you from Daz, it's always been my go to for the 'production' of the volume of images I create. 

Until this week.  For some reason, when I load a series (3 to 5) renders to the queue (just as I have always done), the 'RENDER' button does not become prominent (selectable) so I can NOT start the render queue.  Is there some known glitch or bug that has come up with the latest edition of DAZ or could it be some sort of setting I've somehow clicked on?  

Any ideas from the 'superusers' or better yet, the creator?

Thanks.

Were they already rendered in the queue? Once rendered, they render queue will not render the same entry again unless you double click on the entry and check the box to "Fully render scene" (or whatever render choice you want). Then the Render button should become active. You will need to check the box for "Fully render scene" for each scene in the render queue list that you want to render.

I am using the latest DS beta 4.22.1.161, so I don't think there is any DS change that caused your problem, Render Queue is working as normal for me.

• barbult said:

Were they already rendered in the queue? Once rendered, they render queue will not render the same entry again unless you double click on the entry and check the box to "Fully render scene" (or whatever render choice you want). Then the Render button should become active. You will need to check the box for "Fully render scene" for each scene in the render queue list that you want to render.

I am using the latest DS beta 4.22.1.161, so I don't think there is any DS change that caused your problem, Render Queue is working as normal for me.

Well, I must thank you, I have no idea why I didn't notice before, but you were correct... I had done that sequence at a lower resolution as a test and now, the system seemed to have made that correction as you said.  It was simply my not noticing that the Queue had unchecked the 'Fully Render Scene' box for me... I feel silly, however, I must thank you for the quick and insightful assitance.  Issue solved it seems.

Thank you again.

UnderTheBlackHat said:

barbult said:

Well, I must thank you, I have no idea why I didn't notice before, but you were correct... I had done that sequence at a lower resolution as a test and now, the system seemed to have made that correction as you said.  It was simply my not noticing that the Queue had unchecked the 'Fully Render Scene' box for me... I feel silly, however, I must thank you for the quick and insightful assitance.  Issue solved it seems.

Thank you again.

You're welcome. Users are here in the forum to help each other. I'm glad it was such a simple fix.

• M-CM-C Posts: 104

Hi guys!

I'm a big fan of the Render Queue and I am using it very regularly.
    But for some reason it suddenly started to ignore any smoothing modifiers in my scene as long as I don't activate "interactive update" for them.
    This hasn't been the case previously and I am wondering if this is due to any changes in DS itself and if it could be fixed by an update.
    I'm using the latest beta of DS (4.22.1.161)

edited June 30

M-C said:

Hi guys!

But for some reason it suddenly started to ignore any smoothing modifiers in my scene as long as I don't activate "interactive update" for them.
    This hasn't been the case previously and I am wondering if this is due to any changes in DS itself and if it could be fixed by an update.

I'm using DS 4.22.1.161 beta and I don't see a smoothing problem with Render Queue 3. Are you using Render Queue 3 or the earlier Render Queue version? Are you using a large enough value the the scene settling time in the Render Queue 3 settings? I use 60 seconds. 
    I like to use Raw Twiggant when testing smoothing. I attached 3 renders:

• manual render with smoothing turned off on clothing
    • manual render with smoothing turned on
    • Render Queue 3 render with smoothing turned on.

The manual render with smoothing and the Render Queue 3 render with smoothing look the same. They are obviously different than the first render without smoothing.

Twiggant clothing manual render no smoothing.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Twiggant smoothed clothing manual render.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Twiggant smoothed clothing Render queue.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • M-CM-C Posts: 104

barbult said:

M-C said:

Hi guys!

I'm using DS 4.22.1.161 beta and I don't see a smoothing problem with Render Queue 3. Are you using Render Queue 3 or the earlier Render Queue version? Are you using a large enough value the the scene settling time in the Render Queue 3 settings? I use 60 seconds. 
    I like to use Raw Twiggant when testing smoothing. I attached 3 renders:

• manual render with smoothing turned off on clothing
    • manual render with smoothing turned on
    • Render Queue 3 render with smoothing turned on.

The manual render with smoothing and the Render Queue 3 render with smoothing look the same. They are obviously different than the first render without smoothing.

Thank you for trying to help Barbult! It's really appreciated.
    Well, technically smoothing works but it only does so if the interactive update is activated wich I prefer not to do because it slows DS down to a crawl. Of course this is no big deal since I can activate it after posing characters and right before the final saving. I'm just not used to doing so.
    To answer your questions... I am using Render Queue 3 and I allready tried increasing scene settling time up to 90 seconds before posting here. Unfortunately it didn't help.
    Since no one else seems to have the problem it must be something on my end. Strangely enough, I didn't change anything to my DS installation other than updating the beta. This is why I assumed it has something to do with it.
    Guess I have to do further testing.
    Anyway, thank you for trying.

@M-C I just want to confirm that I did not have Interactive Update turned on in my tests above. I wonder if you could have some kind of plugin conflict. You could try disabling all but the basic DS plugins, restart DS, and see what happens. (You can use the Daz sample script to do that http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start) I had a conflict in the past between UltraScenery 2 and LAMH. I uninstalled LAMH and the problems I had with UltraScenery 2 went away. That was not a smoothing problem, but a slow performance problem, though. If the only thing that you changed was updating the DS beta, I don't see why that would cause a conflict of non-Daz plugins, though. So that idea is probably a long shot. Do you have Octane Render or the Heat plugin installed? Those have both caused strange problems for people, but I haven't heard them being blamed for smoothing problems or Render Queue 3 problems.

Do you also have a General Release version of DS installed? Does Render Queue 3 do smoothing correctly in that version? If so, check About Installed Plugins and see if there is a difference in what plugins are installed. You could also check for any differences between Render Queue 3 settings in the two DS versions, if one version works correctly and the other doesn't.

Grasping at straws here: Do you have other updates waiting in DIM, that you haven't installed? Maybe something else that is outdated could be conflicting. Is your graphics driver up to date to at least the minimum version required? Is the smoothing problem related to all products you try to render, or maybe just certain items? Have you tried a simple test with a single character with just a couple clothing items like my test, or have you only queued large complicated scenes?

• First of all, I love the product! Incredibly useful, works great. I've only noticed one major issue so far.

For some reason, when I use the option "render all visible cameras..." it just won't save the files. It will open up the scene, render it, and then just not save it. This seems to happen all of the time, or at least almost all of the time. Are other people having the same issue? If not, I don't know if there's some kind of conflict or other issue that would be causing problems.