Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.69, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

MelanieL said:

alexhcowley said:

Quick trivia question: where can I find the installer for DIM so I can copy it across to my offline render PC and install the latest DAZ studio beta?  It's not in the same directory as all the other download files.

Incidentally, I've unticked the "delete package once installed" option in DIM so it should still be lurking around somewhere.

Thanks,

Alex. 

In your Product Library here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_50873 (of if you are wanting the Mac version here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_50875

Belated but profuse thanks.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,395

OK who broke it It no longer saves the display order

Every time I open it now the display order is set to busiest first instead of A-Z like it used to

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

I have no issues with the display order staying where I left it when I closed DIM. I am uninstalling from one drive to a new one, and the 'Installed' tab is set to 'Install Date : Oldest First' and 'Ready to Install' to 'Name : A to Z'. The 'Ready to Download' tab is generally set to 'Order Date : Recent First'.

My only issue has been that if I don't stop, close down, and reboot the computer, some files of only less than a 50 mbs can take over an hour to uninstall and yet zips through reinstalling. Which might be a good thing, my mouse hand last night felt abused and terribly in pain. At first it was some poses, but late yesterday it was some packages that changed colors of products. And two of the oldest files that had damaged contents really caused a big issue at the beginning. Those I deleted the .zip files and downloaded fresh files.

My DIM is version 1.4.1.69 on my MacBook Pro with OS Sonoma 14.5.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Robert Freise said:

Every time I open it now the display order is set to busiest first instead of A-Z like it used to

Sounds as if something is blocking acess or reverting changes to the .ini file in (for Windows)

%appdata%/daz 3d/InstallManager/UserAccounts/

memcneil70 said:

I have no issues with the display order staying where I left it when I closed DIM. I am uninstalling from one drive to a new one, and the 'Installed' tab is set to 'Install Date : Oldest First' and 'Ready to Install' to 'Name : A to Z'. The 'Ready to Download' tab is generally set to 'Order Date : Recent First'.

My only issue has been that if I don't stop, close down, and reboot the computer, some files of only less than a 50 mbs can take over an hour to uninstall and yet zips through reinstalling. Which might be a good thing, my mouse hand last night felt abused and terribly in pain. At first it was some poses, but late yesterday it was some packages that changed colors of products. And two of the oldest files that had damaged contents really caused a big issue at the beginning. Those I deleted the .zip files and downloaded fresh files.

Security sioftware (or OS security settings)? Some kinds of anti-ransomware protection can cause issues, though mainly with installing through Daz Studio (and other, unrelated tools that change their files)..

edited July 1

Richard Haseltine said:

Robert Freise said:

Sounds as if something is blocking acess or reverting changes to the .ini file in (for Windows)

OK that would have to be due to either Win11 update ot the last DIM update which is when this started

Nothing else on the machine gets changed/updated other than the Nvidia graphics driver

Post edited by Robert Freise on

Robert Freise said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Robert Freise said:

OK that would have to be due to either Win11 update ot the last DIM update which is when this started

Nothing else on the machine gets changed/updated other than the Nvidia graphics driver

Can you tell if the .ini file is being updated? Have you checked your security software's logs to see if it is doing anything with that file?

Richard Haseltine said:

Robert Freise said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Robert Freise said:

Can you tell if the .ini file is being updated? Have you checked your security software's logs to see if it is doing anything with that file?

Shows to have been modified yesterday

No security software issues

OK I just opened it and everything was as it should be don't know if it matters but I don't have anything to download at this time 

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

Security sioftware (or OS security settings)? Some kinds of anti-ransomware protection can cause issues, though mainly with installing through Daz Studio (and other, unrelated tools that change their files)..

I have Malware Bytes and it has never had an issue with any DAZ product, or DIM function. Right now the product that is that is cramping uninstall is MMX Resource Saver Shaders Collection 5 for Iray 2 of 2, 1 of 2 slowed everything down from before that. And it was like third or fourth from the beginning of my morning. This particular one is 413.1 MBs. 1 of 2 is 463.7 MB in Ready to Install. (I have noticed a large range of size changes from package sizes to installed sizes in more modern products.)

Could how products are packaged affect how they may be uninstalled? Or is it just more difficult to extract files with a lot of lines inserted all over my Runtime? As opposed to a product with a Prop with just Textures? (Over-simplification I know.)

memcneil70 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

memcneil70 said:

I have Malware Bytes and it has never had an issue with any DAZ product, or DIM function. Right now the product that is that is cramping uninstall is MMX Resource Saver Shaders Collection 5 for Iray 2 of 2, 1 of 2 slowed everything down from before that. And it was like third or fourth from the beginning of my morning. This particular one is 413.1 MBs. 1 of 2 is 463.7 MB in Ready to Install. (I have noticed a large range of size changes from package sizes to installed sizes in more modern products.)

Could how products are packaged affect how they may be uninstalled? Or is it just more difficult to extract files with a lot of lines inserted all over my Runtime? As opposed to a product with a Prop with just Textures? (Over-simplification I know.)

Well, lots of files are lots of operations (so if there was a delay for each step, such as a security check, that would tend to add up).

Well, the MMX file is now at 97%, so I will be back in action soon. 

Thanks Richard.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

..IM losing saved password again   The Remember Me box is checked but have to keep reinserting the password from  my password locker everytime it opens.  

kyoto kid said:

..IM losing saved password again   The Remember Me box is checked but have to keep reinserting the password from  my password locker everytime it opens.  

Which suggests an issue with the .ini file thats tores details of settings. Is it also losing other settings and options, or just the password?

Last night I left DIM with the 'Installed' tab set to 'Install Date : Oldest First' yet this morning when I woke it up, it was set at 'Status : Busy First'. Thankfully I had some coffee in me before I uninstalled brand new purchases, just to reinstall them into the same drive they were already in. 

memcneil70 said:

Last night I left DIM with the 'Installed' tab set to 'Install Date : Oldest First' yet this morning when I woke it up, it was set at 'Status : Busy First'. Thankfully I had some coffee in me before I uninstalled brand new purchases, just to reinstall them into the same drive they were already in. 

I've had mine change from A-z to Busy First several times 

Yeah Robert, I am tired of this. Maybe one of the wonderful script writers could come up with a program for DIM that would transfer all your runtime from one drive to another when you outgrow your existing one? I don't know how many folks I have seen on the forums ask about this over the years. Often from when it was accidentally set-up on the C: drive or on a 1Tb drive. But with files getting larger all the time, drives are being filled up faster now. Of course it may not be possible.

Daz Studio doesn't care about anything that would be chnaged by transferring the content (the CMS would need a bit of help), only DIM cares about absolute locations.

Yeah, that is what I am worried about. Not a programmer and so I am doing it the hard way. But on the upside I am reminding myself of some great products that I have bought in the past and enjoyed. It is just some of the pose and shader packs (not all) that are driving me nuts. 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

I really wish there was at least a minimal degree of intelligence to those [expletive deleted] ads. No one benefits in any way from showing me an ad for the product I just started downloading.

murgatroyd314 said:

I really wish there was at least a minimal degree of intelligence to those [expletive deleted] ads. No one benefits in any way from showing me an ad for the product I just started downloading.

Don't like the ads period

Interesting thing is I don't get them on my desktop just on my laptop 

memcneil70 said:

Yeah, that is what I am worried about. Not a programmer and so I am doing it the hard way. But on the upside I am reminding myself of some great products that I have bought in the past and enjoyed. It is just some of the pose and shader packs (not all) that are driving me nuts. 

Sorry, I misread your question - if you have the zips still you can update the install directory then seelct everything (or everything using the old path if you have already installed some stuff - you can use the filter box for this) and choose the right-click Reinstall using Current Directory command (I can't recall the exact wording off hand, but that is close enough to identify it)

Robert Freise said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Don't like the ads period

Interesting thing is I don't get them on my desktop just on my laptop 

What ads?

edited July 5

There are two one at the top and one at bottom

DIM Ads.jpg
    4624 x 3472 - 2M
    Post edited by Robert Freise on

OK, notifications rather than ads (yes, they are often promoting products - though not always - but they are not external ads such as the ones that ran on the forum and gallery, which is what I thought was meant).

Well they're annoying and they slow DIM down to a crawl on the laptop and it's slow enough as it is. At least they don't appear on the desktop PC

Robert Freise said:

Well they're annoying and they slow DIM down to a crawl on the laptop and it's slow enough as it is. At least they don't appear on the desktop PC

I can't see how they would slow DIM down, the one at the top is just text and the other (which appears only after starting to download) is pretty small, and doesn't switch that often to require a fresh download of a smallish image.

• At that, you can turn the lower one off by mousing over the upper right corner of the ad and clicking at the little underscore symbol that comes up, and hide the ad display that way for the rest of the DIM session.

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

At that, you can turn the lower one off by mousing over the upper right corner of the ad and clicking at the little underscore symbol that comes up, and hide the ad display that way for the rest of the DIM session.

or until you start a fresh lot of downloads, at least.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

At that, you can turn the lower one off by mousing over the upper right corner of the ad and clicking at the little underscore symbol that comes up, and hide the ad display that way for the rest of the DIM session.

Not for the rest of the session, just until the next time you click to start a download. And the option doesn't become available until about 6 seconds after the downloads start. 

edited July 15

Not sure how I missed this feature of DIM before but I know about it now! I found Content Path Shortcuts on the 'Install' tab. I have no idea why or how it changed from F: My DAZ 3D Content to E: My DAZ 3D Library, but it did. I thought I should alert folks to this. This issue has caused me three days of massive uninstall and reinstall of the affected products. Mary

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 03.59.54.png
    614 x 72 - 35K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on