Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,705

paulawp (marahzen), I love you Tahnksgiving mirror scene. So many cool subtle things. I also went to your gallery and enjoyed it a lot. Will go back soon.

sid, that's another beauty - things I wouldn't think of buying you made look great! I will do a Lawrence render.

joanna, your Death of Little Things is beautiful.

• I enjoy seeing all the renders so much! smiley I've put more than a few items in my wishlist or directly in my cart after seeing renders here... wink

Dartanbeck Thanks for sharing animations too! It's inspiring me to try my hand at animating sooner than later. Rosie looks good on her new board! yes

richardandtracy Amazing how you fit newer things to V3 and love showcasing her. Millenium Dragon looks pretty interesting!

joanna Both your renders are so sweet! heart

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,234
    edited November 2023

I had these two characters looking for something to do, and Trashed Underpass was the second thing on my long list of new stuff to test - so this happened. Most of these new items I picked up in about the last week, but a couple of them date back to last month.

https://www.daz3d.com/trashed-underpass
    https://www.daz3d.com/i13-relationship-phases-pose-collection
    https://www.daz3d.com/paulyn-tied-bun-hair-for-genesis-8
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kay-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/savage-hunter-for-genesis-2-male-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/dystopian-hd-outfit-textures-for-genesis-8-and-81-males
    https://www.daz3d.com/alaric-hd-for-genesis-8-male

(The guy isn't Alaric, but I did borrow Alaric's hair items.)

ABadIdea.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 702K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • sidsid Posts: 417

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I had these two characters looking for something to do, and Trashed Underpass was the second thing on my long list of new stuff to test - so this happened. Most of these new items I picked up in about the last week, but a couple of them date back to last month.

I just wanted to say the light in this is so good. It's super daylighty!

• paulawp (marahzen)  The lighting is really nice indeed, and the whole story-telling composition works for me. But I also love the "I had these two characters looking for something to do" process of coming up with the render! laugh

Spamming the thread with two pics  (I'm on long service leave and there's been too many sales!).

(I wish I had re-positioned his arms so they didn't look so t-rexy!)

My best find during the sales is Mesh Grabber. How does this not come with Daz! How did I not get it earlier?

I threatened monks. I should have realised the robe didn't have any seams in the gemotry, so it's not the generic, retexturable robe of my dreams, but I think it and the textures made for it were 81 cents each, so I'll keep them. I wasn't able to fit the rope belt to Gen9 in the small amount of time I played with it, if anyone has tips let me know. I've added neck pieces to both pictures from other outfits.

I'm really into atmospheric effects, but the rendering times are punishing. The burning ash is KA Forest FX, which I like better than the confetti firebugs I've used previously, but It just does the one floating thing out of the box (plus fog). Also picked up Iray Light Volume, which is easy to use, but I'll probably need to leave a render go for a week when I use it. The second picture I let go for an afternoon and still feel like it has a long way to go!

paulawp (marahzen) , I love this one too - the lighting, the composition with the big piece of wall in sunlight and the the characters in mostly shadow with little bits of light, and the ambiguous (to me anyway) situation.

sid, these are weird and wonderful. Your single figure renders are so awesome, with props, details, and environment adding to the figure. The light and fx are perfect in this one. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,174

Thank you, sid. Discworld was a little bit of an inspiration as I remember the scene where Rincewind is hanging at the edge of a world and is disappointed that Death himself didn't come for him. Instead, some minor Death's apprentice arrived.
    And that overnight render is stunning! Well-worth the time with the colors and how the light plays with all the textures. Well done!
    You also reminded me that I have the monk's outfit and textures for it. I have KA forest and Iray Light Volume... I should use both much more often than I do. They're great products.

luci45 - thank you. I like playing around and putting non-cute characters (like death) in cute scenes. I sense that Cartoonized will see a lot of mileage in my renders. ^^

SapphireBlue - thank you. I was definitely in mood for some cute and sweet.

paulawp - Love the warm colors and the lighting of your underpass scene. Makes me think of an adventure movie.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,264

Gorgeous Renders folks! Loving this!

edited November 2023

Please excuse the grain. Had to fish this one out of the temp folder, as Daz crashed while rendering. For some reason the crash also messed up the lady's hair and I couldn't re-sim it anywhere near the same! Part of my ongoing efforts to try work out how to render low-light in iRay

I caved in and got https://www.daz3d.com/leather-chairs-and-poses-for-genesis-8-and-9

And https://www.daz3d.com/thickener-plug-in which I've been wanting to try forever

(Also used, but might be pre current sales: https://www.daz3d.com/far-east-hall, Death 9 with Hikari's head, an Uncanny Valet's Gopnick and hair from artstation, retextured Ravage and Tangle outfit which is retextured and I did a poor job of applying Thickner to, but I think the plugin has possibility!)

Post edited by sid on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,139

sid said:

Please excuse the grain. Had to fish this one out of the temp folder, as Daz crashed while rendering. For some reason the crash also messed up the lady's hair and I couldn't re-sim it anywhere near the same! Part of my ongoing efforts to try work out how to render low-light in iRay

------

I caved in and got https://www.daz3d.com/leather-chairs-and-poses-for-genesis-8-and-9

And https://www.daz3d.com/thickener-plug-in which I've been wanting to try forever

(Also used, but might be pre current sales: https://www.daz3d.com/far-east-hall, Death 9 with Hikari's head, an Uncanny Valet's Gopnick and hair from artstation, retextured Ravage and Tangle outfit which is retextured and I did a poor job of applying Thickner to, but I think the plugin has possibility!)

Intersting sid... I bought the https://www.daz3d.com/thickener-plug-in a while back and still haven't given it a try... I bought it mostly to thicken blankets (which I have not tried... yet) ... but... I like what you did with the outfits.  Well done.  

edited November 2023

double post... sorry... posting had spinning wheels so it posted above twice... grrrrrr  ... I.. DIDN't DO IT!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 483
    edited November 2023

The FH Sci-Fi Jacuzzi Room was a recent freebie. Grabbed it because who doesn't like hot tubs?

Natalya Hot Tub.png
    1733 x 1241 - 3M
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,821
    edited November 2023

I'm not 100% happy with this render and I might post an improved version sometime later, but here goes nothing.

Recently purchased items are:

The Kings Armor by Jerry Jang - most fantasy products that take inspiration from medieval Europe shy away from overtly Christian elements, for understandable reasons. But something about all the ostentatious crosses here tickles me (I'm not a Christian myself, if it matters.) In any case, I don't actually love how this product is constructed. But I got it for very cheap when it showed up in the Lightning Deals, so I really can't complain.

Cloud Effects by Fuseling - I added the lens flare and a tiny bit of extra haze in post, but the ember and mist effects are all made with this product. I like how the sparks interact with the DOF.

Curly Vibes Hair by Hair Studio - love this new PA, I already have several of their items and they are just brilliant!

23-05 good knight.png
    1000 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • MWHelena-MunicipalBuilding-01-sm.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 2M
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 335
    edited November 2023

Got the old Temple of Sand kit by AntFarm cheaply today in the "eastern and Egyptian" sale category. I had pretty much already strip-mined every "Egyptian" or vaguely-fantasy-middle-eastern kit from the store that I wanted, but somehow I had missed seeing this kit entirely--there's a lot of older stuff like that. Appears suddenly and surprises me.

This kit would surprise you too, if you encountered it in the desert the way Cai here is. I had no idea of the SCALE of the thing until I added her to the scene. That fallen lamp is taller than she is!

temple _of_sand.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

More Thickner/Dforce testing. Even with a smoothing modifer it looks like I need way more geometry.

From the Thanksgiving discount where a punch of stuff came down to about a $dollar is the Dark Hunter armour, retextured. Only the tunic has dforce.

The cloak and net is homemade with a plane/dforce/Thickner/random textures. I need to learn how to make more than a square plane

The architecture is https://www.daz3d.com/hellenic-agora-1

This thread is risky for my wallet as I've said before. I've added Temple of Sand, to the wishlist, columbine - looks really cool, all those tiny tiles! And I can never have enough atmospheric effects, Hylas - your pic looks great, so the Cloud Effects have been added to the list as well. I downloaded that freebie too, Blando Calrissian but no idea what to do with it.

I've been meaning to try Ultrascenery, and apparently I own it and two lots of Australian plants, so in the sale I just needed to buy the extra plugin that makes the aussie plants work. Ultrascenery appears very easy to make 'go', took about 15 minutes to make this environment. It's very resource hungry, and I found it challenging to light and compose my image without being able to use the iray preview.  Apparently there is an option to just fill to camera view, so I might try that for the next few experiments. I love how the scenery falls off with a fog setting.

More KA Forest effects, dress is retextured Peasant dress, which I've auto fitted to GEN9 and could not get to sim correctly around the ankles, so I stuck a plant in front of them.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,234
    edited December 2023

sid said:

I've been meaning to try Ultrascenery, and apparently I own it and two lots of Australian plants, so in the sale I just needed to buy the extra plugin that makes the aussie plants work. Ultrascenery appears very easy to make 'go', took about 15 minutes to make this environment. It's very resource hungry, and I found it challenging to light and compose my image without being able to use the iray preview.  Apparently there is an option to just fill to camera view, so I might try that for the next few experiments. I love how the scenery falls off with a fog setting.

More KA Forest effects, dress is retextured Peasant dress, which I've auto fitted to GEN9 and could not get to sim correctly around the ankles, so I stuck a plant in front of them.

Nice! There are lots of tips and tricks on using Ultrascenery - come join us over in UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial] - Page 11 - Daz 3D Forums. What I do to arrange lighting with USC is make invisible most of the instances (mainly leaving just the trees) and then I can usefully use iray viewport. (I am running an RTX 3090 and 64GB RAM, but I seem to recall that this worked with my 3060.) 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 518

Wow, @sid, you're posting all kinds of cool renders! Thanks, I enjoy viewing your work. :)

edited December 2023

Thanks Shimrian. I had four months off work and Daz has been my only art therapy this year, so I've been really trying to learn how to use it for finished illustration rather than just lighting reference! Even if I go back to digital and traditional painting I think Daz and Gensis 9 will up my game a lot. It's been heaps of fun having some very good sales, this thread, and no pressure smiley

I'm camped out on that other thread, paulawp. We've got one RTX 2080 Ti and 32GB RAM, which I thought was good a few years back when we built, but it seems to find Ultrascenery punishing. I'll try toggling the instances like you suggest.

Post edited by sid on
  • sid said:

Thanks Shimrian. I had four months off work and Daz has been my only art therapy this year, so I've been really trying to learn how to use it for finished illustration rather than just lighting reference! Even if I go back to digital and traditional painting I think Daz and Gensis 9 will up my game a lot. It's been heaps of fun having some very good sales, this thread, and no pressure smiley

I'm camped out on that other thread, paulawp. We've got one RTX 2080 Ti and 32GB RAM, which I thought was good a few years back when we built, but it seems to find Ultrascenery punishing. I'll try toggling the instances like you suggest.

I remember doing umpteen renders of a given scene trying to fine-tune shadows until someone showed me this ... I'm usually doing this because I groove on sun-sky and I'm rotating the dome and/or fiddling with the day/time to get just the shadows and effect I want. Here I've made invisible all of that understory stuff that isn't part of the big picture of working out where I want these trees' shadows to fall and mainly just left the tree items visible. Happy USC-ing! laugh

/end thread hijack

USC-hiding.jpg
    1785 x 857 - 499K
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 335
    edited December 2023

sid said:

I have a reasonably beastly render machine and Ultrascenery is one of the only things that reliably brings it to its knees. I love it, but I can't use it very often. The load, and the fact that I can't get it to show me where it's going to put all the trees makes it very tricky to pose buildings and other props in-scene (oops, there's a cypress tree in the middle of the house that wasn't visible in Texture Shaded viewport!), means I tend to use it only when I don't have any lower-overhead sets that will do the same job.

And, to keep this vaguely on-thread, attached is a story render from a couple of years ago which was part of a long and painful sequence in an Ultrascenery swamp. Cypress knees everywhere AND rain props!

panel46.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,174

sid said:

First of all, great render!

Second, I've got RTX 2060 (which was supposedly a top gaming setup back when I bought it in the pandemic... T.T), and I use US often, so here are two tips: definitely limit it to "camera only" when you create your US and when you need to quickly check the light on your character other than HDRIs, switching off US's visibility and doing the preview only of the character/props helps. Of course, it won't help with overall lighting, but it might give you a better idea before trying to do a preview with US visible.

Thank you all for the tips! I am going to try them all. My priority is to work out how to make a clearing next, which I saw some tips for in the thread.

I love the silhouettes columbine. I don't know if you putting them in the warer came frome the same place as me in my render above where I was looking for a bit of clear space, haha.

Coming over from Blender and Cycles I had a huge collection of HDRIs and just about always use them with Iray, but you get some great results with sun-sky paulawp, I'll have to give it a try.

edited December 2023

I did a couple renders of Lawrence earlier this week. I like this one the best. 

dForce Comfy Pajama Set for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 
    Top Fade Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 Male(s) 
    Lawrence 9 HD  
    Ron's Vintage Backgrounds and Overlays  

lawrence 2.jpg
    1464 x 1830 - 785K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 2023
    Nov 2023 F.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 350K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Lawrence makes even PJs look good!

luci45 said:

I did a couple renders of Lawrence earlier this week. I like this one the best. 

dForce Comfy Pajama Set for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 
    Top Fade Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 Male(s) 
    Lawrence 9 HD  
    Ron's Vintage Backgrounds and Overlays 

Nice natural portrait luci45

Thanks. The G9s have beautiful eyes.