Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,264

richardandtracy said:

Well, this is a mixture of oldies - the Millenium Dragon which I got in 2007 as part of a bundle, Jim Burton's Glamorous Vickie 3 (Dec 2004) and some Iray volumetric fire & the icy background HDRI bought in the last few days of sales. GV3, being TriAxed with autofit clones is wearing G3F hair & G8F clothing.

Feels very retro, reminiscent of NVITWAS type images without going that far.

Regards,

Richard

Very nice Richard! I love nostalgia! So... what was that about Traix on Victoria 3? Did you make the clone, or use a clone to add the Triax... ? Interested!

I use a Lot of V3 and M3 clothing on my newer figures. I'd love to bring my older figures to Traix and have them work with modern clothing, etc.,

Say, I have some free aniBlocks for your dragon if you want them: dB Animation Kits for MilDragon and M4

I'm pretty sure that Millennium Dragon 1 and 2 have the same rigging

@sid - Cool! 

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,705

I am so enjoying seeing renders of old and new stuff. Am also trying to keep from adding to my wishlist, or buying, with another sale going on. 

Dartanbeck, I love your new Rosie video!

edited November 2023

These are from October:
    Two PC+:
        Colorful Toon Street
        Predatron Marigolds
    and two freebies:
       Alliance Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) 
       Faces of Teens

oct 2023 C2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    oct 2023 C.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by luci45 on

luci45 said:

I am so enjoying seeing renders of old and new stuff. Am also trying to keep from adding to my wishlist, or buying, with another sale going on. 

Dartanbeck, I love your new Rosie video!

Thank you So Much! :)

Wow. That looks really nice, luci45. I was wondering about that Colorful Toon Street. Looks great, as do the rest of the products. Thanks for the demonstration!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,139

luci45 said:

These are from October:
    Two PC+:
        Colorful Toon Street
        Predatron Marigolds
    and two freebies:
       Faces of Teens

Those are wonderful luci45... I thought the Toon Street wouldn't be realistic enough for me so I passed on buying it... Now it's on my wishlist... Thanks for making it look so nice.  Well done!

Llola Lane said:

luci45 said:

These are from October:
    Two PC+:
        Colorful Toon Street
        Predatron Marigolds
    and two freebies:
       Faces of Teens

Those are wonderful luci45... I thought the Toon Street wouldn't be realistic enough for me so I passed on buying it... Now it's on my wishlist... Thanks for making it look so nice.  Well done!

You know, that's exactly how I felt too!

• Dartanbeck said:

richardandtracy said:

Well, this is a mixture of oldies - the Millenium Dragon which I got in 2007 as part of a bundle, Jim Burton's Glamorous Vickie 3 (Dec 2004) and some Iray volumetric fire & the icy background HDRI bought in the last few days of sales. GV3, being TriAxed with autofit clones is wearing G3F hair & G8F clothing.

Feels very retro, reminiscent of NVITWAS type images without going that far.

Regards,

Richard

Very nice Richard! I love nostalgia! So... what was that about Traix on Victoria 3? Did you make the clone, or use a clone to add the Triax... ? Interested!

I use a Lot of V3 and M3 clothing on my newer figures. I'd love to bring my older figures to Traix and have them work with modern clothing, etc.,

Say, I have some free aniBlocks for your dragon if you want them: dB Animation Kits for MilDragon and M4

I'm pretty sure that Millennium Dragon 1 and 2 have the same rigging

The Generation 3 & 4 characters are parametric rigged. With Genesis the rigging changed to TriAx, and things like autofit clones and morph autofollow became possible. I stumbled on a way to convert the parametric figures so they could have such things, and documented it in a freebie tutorial here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/655676/tutorial-making-triax-figures-from-old-parametric-characters/p1 . The net result is my GV3 can wear V3, V4, M3, M4, A3, GND2, G3F, G3M, G8F and G8M clothing when previously was limited to only that designed for GV3. The process doesn't improve the rigging of V3, which has to be said is poor by current standards, but the biggest advantage of autofit clones is possible, and that makes up for a lot.

I'll take a look at the ani-blocks. Thanks. Not sure if I will be able to use them. Finding time for still images is hard enough, but animations.. Phwee. Not often.

Regards,

Richard.

LOL!!! I hear that! I'm animating so much I keep forgetting to sleep!

Cool info! Thanks!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,440
    edited November 2023

Now, I do have to admit that in this case I had Lyoness's new "Tinsley's Outfit Bundle" thrown at me and asked to put it on a horse, but I think it still fits the general theme of using the new releases.

Gallery Link

Alas, the base product does not come with horse support (I had to work to do that), but I suspect that putting it on humans is a little more useful to most users:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

Matt_Castle said:

Now, I do have to admit that in this case I had Lyoness's new "Tinsley's Outfit Bundle" thrown at me and asked to put it on a horse, but I think it still fits the general theme of using the new releases.

Gallery Link

Alas, the base product does not come with horse support (I had to work to do that), but I suspect that putting it on humans is a little more useful to most users:

Gallery Link

I think these are just lovely.  Plus I thought that Jade could benefit from a sporty jersey since she is just an athletic girl.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,174
    edited November 2023

This and the other rendering thread (how come it fell off to page 2? ;( ) are my favorites in the Commons. It's always such a joy to see how others are using their buys and discover new products that I absolutely don't have to have but want anyway.

I was going to pick something "older" that I haven't used yet, but it turns out I got After the War last week, on that mad discounts day that brought it down to $0.72 (seriously, it was a steal, especially that it's Stonemason and Iray). The sunflower is from last month's sale. As a bonus, that would make it go into the other thread, I used After Rain 2 which I got almost exactly 1 year ago and never got around to using. Now I definitely want to play with it some more.

mousep-sh.jpg
    2014 x 2900 - 2M
    Post edited by joanna on

Wow! Nice Joanna!!! 

• sidsid Posts: 417

joanna I have so much of dreamlight's things, but somehow missed After Rain 2. Looks great here. Think I'm going to get it and have a play too.

Here's some bits and pieces that were a combo sale of punchcard and thanks-giving vouchers and extra Daz Orginal discount from the last couple of days.

https://www.daz3d.com/short-classy-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/steel-riveted-furniture-and-poses-for-genesis-9-81-and-8 - these poses work well for the gentleman with minor adjustments

https://www.daz3d.com/iron-ridge-horse-pasture - nice, my main complaint is the way the grass intersects with the ground, so I've added some other grasses to try cover the bases

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-ethan-clothing-set-for-genesis-9 - used necklace, also the top but with extra gravity in the sim and replaced shaders. I love love love the pants in this set, but you can't shrink the ankles if you want a barefoot pose (I have since purchased Meshgrabber so maybe that will help in future?) . So the pants are from another set.

I now have a cart with oodles of $1 items from stacking all the discounts with the Daz+ one today. Monk robes may need to feature heavilly in the next few renders...

Very nice! But... um... is he pissed? Did I do something?

He really has some 'tude, sid. I love the render.

joanna, so poignant. I agree, these two threads are great. I am so glad people are sharing renders of old and new products.

Matt_Castle, that is pretty amazing bit of fitting onto the horse. The pose is oddly believable. Nice outit too. 

Thanks for nice comments. I almost didn't buy the toon street. Glad I did as I like the colors and the stylized look with the older figures. 

• (Test render)

I picked up https://www.daz3d.com/krampus-demon-for-genesis-3-male when it was in the 99 cent sale the other day. I don't recall seeing it before then but the main promo had a lot of personality. I thought that Krampus would make a cool centaur, so that's the first thing I tried, with Centaur 3. I wasn't sure how well they would fit together. I needed the Draft Horse morph at 100% plus dialing down the Krampus morph a lot to make the centaur/man join match. Since it was a test I just grabbed a random polearm, belt (to conceal that join), and ground from my runtime and used one of my own photos for the backdrop. Pose is from https://www.daz3d.com/quixotry-s-poses-for-centaur-7-male-and-female & lighting is Sickleyield's Good To Go! set (from her other store) which is one of my go-to lighting sets.

• (Test render)

I picked up https://www.daz3d.com/krampus-demon-for-genesis-3-male when it was in the 99 cent sale the other day. I don't recall seeing it before then but the main promo had a lot of personality. I thought that Krampus would make a cool centaur, so that's the first thing I tried, with Centaur 3. I wasn't sure how well they would fit together. I needed the Draft Horse morph at 100% plus dialing down the Krampus morph a lot to make the centaur/man join match. Since it was a test I just grabbed a random polearm, belt (to conceal that join), and ground from my runtime and used one of my own photos for the backdrop. Pose is from https://www.daz3d.com/quixotry-s-poses-for-centaur-7-male-and-female & lighting is Sickleyield's Good To Go! set (from her other store) which is one of my go-to lighting sets.

Krampus the Centaur.jpg
    392 x 555 - 186K

luci45 said:

He really has some 'tude, sid. I love the render.

Me too! It's awesome!

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

(Test render)

Very Cool!

Congrats on the Great Deals!

Fun, Yes?!!! :)

Lawrence is one of my favourite Gen9 faces and all the Linday poses have so much sass, I love them! (Kinda sad I didn't get Leather Chairs and Poses as well while I had the coupon)

sid said:

Lawrence is one of my favourite Gen9 faces and all the Linday poses have so much sass, I love them! (Kinda sad I didn't get Leather Chairs and Poses as well while I had the coupon)

i didn't know that was Lawrence. I just bought him today (for $7!) because his skin looks real without being blotchy, like so many of the darker PBR-skin males. And he's very handsome guy!

Yeah, he looks Fantastic! Too bad about the chairs and poses. You know, when it comes to Linday, I don't always wait for a sale! LOL

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,233
    edited November 2023

The weekend after Thanksgiving traditionally means that I can start thinking about Christmas. The main items here - the Christmas Dining Room, the hair and the outfit - I picked up in the last week or so, though the absurd cut of this dress necessitated the use of one of the scarves, which was a PA sale find that was still awaiting a test.

https://www.daz3d.com/christmas-dining-room
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-camira-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/toa-divine-for-genesis-3-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-scarf-knots-collection
    https://www.daz3d.com/always-a-lady-for-genesis-3-female

ReflectionsOfChristmas.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 962K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

That's Awesome!!!

So long in the forums, and I still don't know how to properly tag people. Anyways...

• Thank you, Dartanbeck
    • Sid, I completely forgot that I had it. I think when I first bought it, I didn't have any specific use in mind, so I never got around to it. I do think it's a great product. The rain fog is really nice, and so are the puddles. And render settings give nice color schemes.
    • Luci45, I hope this thread and the other thread never die. They're also great to have a peek on how the products use outside of promos, and I always appreciate it.
    • Paulawp, your scene has that warm, Christmassy feel to it; I can almost hear the sleighbells jingling... 

Death of Little Things

I got Cartoonized for Genesis 9 just yesterday, and since I've been waiting patiently for it to go on sale, I wanted to be impatient in using it. Combined it with elements of Death 9 HD Pro Bundle (because I love that character and I love that with all the discounts I got that day, the bundle was more than affordable, so I could get her soon after the release). Other new items are Kniphofia Plants - Red Hot Poker Flowers which was a Daz+ freebie the other week and HS Edgy Elite Hair (last day of October, so I don't recall if it's this month's sales or last month's).

Other items (including details from the pro bundle) and a tiny bit of a story about Death of Little Things in the gallery.

A very cute Death joanna. I always loved Death's family in the Discworld books, Death's adopted daughter and the mouse.

Dartanbeck, I probably will pick up that pose set today, I'm addicted!

luci45, do a lawrence render for us! It is a really great set of materials. I usually lengthen his body and adjust the torso proportions a bit, but that's just a personal preference.

This was supposed to be a 'quick' render to try out Baki and Sci Fi Power Room, but even with the extra lighting I put in there it still needed to render overnight! (It's a nice environment tho, moody and generic enough for illustration work)

Also picked up with the punch-card/thanks-giving voucher I picked up Gold Leaf Builder and Twist Hair (which I love, love, love - but there's no hand holding, you're gonna need time to pose it). I gave the pants from the Ethan clothing set a try this time, but Baki's long torso distorts them a bit and I couldn't see a quick way to fix.