files missing, but they are showing in DAZ

2»

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

yes

• and back to square one-try moving the futalizious files, this is the data file....when I skipped/replaced in previous attempts, it broke Dicktator...I swear Im not as stupid as this is making me look :(      I just dont have clue why its not working

daz location4.PNG
    1018 x 779 - 61K

Choose "Let me decide for each file" and choose the newer version.

• goddessxtc said:

PerttiA said:

I'm not familiar with the program you are using to extract a zip file, if you can just drag and drop the folders to "My Daz 3D Library" or if you need to extract them.

I think I love you!!!!!    Got Dicktator, now going to try the futalicios...

Of course it didnt work-duplicate files/  I had previously tried skipping/replacing  and that broke the dicktator...  Tried moving the data file from futa and :(        Thankful Dicktator is working.

daz location4.PNG
    1018 x 779 - 61K

Have you looked at forums in Renderotica, if the products have same files, the problem is bound to have been discussed there.

• goddessxtc said:

PerttiA said:

Have you looked at forums in Renderotica, if the products have same files, the problem is bound to have been discussed there.

Just did, and didnt see anything, will continue searching...hopefully someone has an answer-I cant be the only one with both products...And thank you again for your patience and help...

• goddessxtcgoddessxtc Posts: 63
    edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

One last question...Can I make a seperate file and load the futa content into that?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Yes, you can create another Content Library, but first check that you have the latest versions of both - There are also Tutorials and readme's at the product pages.

• PerttiA said:

Yes, you can create another Content Library, but first check that you have the latest versions of both - There are also Tutorials and readme's at the product pages.

You are an angel!  reading up now!!!

• PerttiA said:

You are an angel!  reading up now!!!-LOL I cant get that to work...the dicktator files still disappeared...however on the bright side, the reinstall of windows and wiping all the crap that has accumulated over time has totally help render time...Thats one bonus....Cant believe Im the only one that this has happened to :(

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

A little late to the thread, but ... I strongly recommend setting up a dedicated library for 3rd party stuff. Heck... as I hinted at above I sometimes also work with "naughty stuff" and ended up with a library dedicated to those assets. Makes life a whole lot easier.

It's as easy as:

• Press 'F2' to open the settings, then open the 'Content' tab: now click "Content Directory Manager".
    • In this new window you'll find several sections, but only 2 will matter: "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser formats".
    • Be sure that you add a new folder to both these categories because there's plenty of overlap (and it also makes things easier).

This should also make it easier to keep control over archives which you extract somewhere.

• ShelLuser said:

A little late to the thread, but ... I strongly recommend setting up a dedicated library for 3rd party stuff. Heck... as I hinted at above I sometimes also work with "naughty stuff" and ended up with a library dedicated to those assets. Makes life a whole lot easier.

It's as easy as:

• Press 'F2' to open the settings, then open the 'Content' tab: now click "Content Directory Manager".
    • In this new window you'll find several sections, but only 2 will matter: "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser formats".
    • Be sure that you add a new folder to both these categories because there's plenty of overlap (and it also makes things easier).

This should also make it easier to keep control over archives which you extract somewhere.)

well, I thought the nightmare was over...I actually had both installed and working yesterday...Wake up too this..  The dreaded black exclamation on all the futa files, and a few of the dicktator-dicktator is still working-thank god, dont want to have to try and install that again.    I just did as you said and add 3rd party folder.  It also created the same folder in poser automatically.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 095918.png
    500 x 571 - 75K
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 104308.png
    315 x 583 - 27K
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 110341.png
    684 x 276 - 20K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272
    edited October 2023

If go for setting up a Library for 3rd-parties' products,  it should have the root path of its own which is at the same level as your main Daz Library, rather than a 'nested' folder in it...

SNAG-2023-10-13-0004.png
    879 x 534 - 40K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

If go for setting up a Library for 3rd-parties' products,  it should have the root path of its own which is at the same level as your main Daz Library, rather than a 'nested' folder in it...

I cant see your screen shot :(    And Im an idiot, clearly an idiot.  And I apologize sincerely!   Does it go straight into formats?  This just not working in my over taxed, stressed out brain...   And thank you for helping me!

Screenshot 2023-10-12 113437.png
    513 x 214 - 18K

"3rd party" cannot be inside "My Daz 3D Library"

• PerttiA said:

great, where do i put it? does it go directly into Daz studio formats?  

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,272

goddessxtc said:

crosswind said:

I cant see your screen shot :(    And Im an idiot, clearly an idiot.  And I apologize sincerely!   Does it go straight into formats?  This just not working in my over taxed, stressed out brain...   And thank you for helping me!

NP ! The attached screenshot just disappeared for a moment....

SNAG-2023-10-13-0005.png
    806 x 201 - 21K

goddessxtc said:

PerttiA said:

great, where do i put it? does it go directly into Daz studio formats?  

How many drives do you have, just C: or do you have more? 

• goddessxtc said:

ShelLuser said:

It's as easy as:

This should also make it easier to keep control over archives which you extract somewhere.)

well, I thought the nightmare was over...I actually had both installed and working yesterday...Wake up too this..  The dreaded black exclamation on all the futa files, and a few of the dicktator-dicktator is still working-thank god, dont want to have to try and install that again.    I just did as you said and add 3rd party folder.  It also created the same folder in poser automatically.

Those mean there is no thumbnail, not that there is not Daz Studio file. Those are the actual user-facing files, from the /People folder, not assets, from the /data folder (which would not be visible in the content pane if the isntalaltion and content directories were correct)?