BJ Camera Manager (Commercial)

13»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973

bluejaunte said:

I will let them know... plugin publishing really seems borked. Release day was a mess as well angel

Maybe it would be better if Daz actually tested the package content and functionality before telling you it was fixed. wink
    You can commiserate with PA Alvin Bemar. He has suffered many Daz plugin installation package problems. He makes great plugins, but you can almost always count on the installation package failing through no fault of his.

• KerseyKersey Posts: 58

Don't know if I'm the reason for the new package, but it was empty when I tried to install it 2 days ago. I asked support to fix it and QA then uploaded with a new package, which is empty too. Now it seems to be broken (empty) for everyone who updated with the new package in DIM.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,888

Try again guys? I can confirm that at least the manual download from my account now has all the files in it.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 557
    edited February 22

I downloaded it just now using DIM and the plugin works!

It shows a package size of 915 kB

When installerd this expands to 2.3 MB

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,127

Looks good -

camera plugin.jpg
    502 x 532 - 26K
  • KerseyKersey Posts: 58

It works now. Lovely. Looking forward to work with it.

@bluejaunte I have a request if you decide to do another update sometime. I would like the Hide Cameras button to be a toggle (Hide/Show). My reason is that I frequently use ManFriday's Render Queue 3 with the option to "render all visible cameras". When cameras are added by BJ Camera Manager, they are automatically hidden (not visible). That means that rendering all visible cameras results in nothing being rendered. If I could toggle my cameras back to visible with a single Camera Manager button, that would be nice.

Right. Sounds like a good idea. In the meantime you could probably find some script that shows/hides all camera.

bluejaunte said:

Right. Sounds like a good idea. In the meantime you could probably find some script that shows/hides all camera.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to find a similar script that could easily modify to toggle the camera visibility, so I could turn them all back to visible On.

In doing that search, it also occurred to me that if BJ Camera Manager Hide Cameras set Visible in Viewport to Off instead of Visible to Off, that would probably also solve my initial problem. If I understand correctly, your goal was to prevent the camera wireframes from appearing in the viewport as scene clutter. Visible in Viewport would achieve that, while leaving the overall Visible "On" for Render Queue 3 to recognize for rendering the scene from the visible camera(s).

This is just something to consider if there is a future update. Either option, Hide Cameras toggle or using Visible in Viewport, would make me happy, but with the script I modified, I'm good for now. BJ Camera Manager is a helpful plugin.

Didn't even know that existed. How does the user set it back to visible though, after a script/plugin set it to invisible?

edited February 26

bluejaunte said:

Didn't even know that existed. How does the user set it back to visible though, after a script/plugin set it to invisible?

Visible in Viewport is a standard setting in the Parameters pane Display section. It is not just for cameras, either. It can be toggled on or off by script, or a user can simply open the pane and toggle the control there.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 212733.jpg
    590 x 368 - 59K
    Post edited by barbult on

Oh that thing... right, right.