[Released] ManFriday's Seamster (clothes rigging for Daz Studio) [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

evilded777 said:

Here's the error.  Happens as soon as I type in the project name field. THen happens again each time I type in the field. Creates folders (but not what I want... clearly I have Gen 8 Male selected, it always makes Gen 8 Female folders), never creates the project files, just the folders.

Thank you for supplying this info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. I can see the assertion in my code and the only reason it can be triggered is if an invalid figure is selected, but since you supplied Genesis 8 Male, that shouldn't happen. Yet it does.

The only explanation I have is that for some reason the "last used figure" information in the Windows Registry is invalid. This would be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\ManFriday's Seamster\last_genesis_figure. Does the problem go away if you delete that key with regedit?

Thank you for your patience!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

Leana said:

evilded777 said:

Daz Studio Serial #? Isn't that an ancient, relic that is not relevant?

Entering the Serial Number is still required to activate some of the program's features.

I have to correct you here -- while many Daz Studio plugins require a serial number, and serial numbers are still functional in Daz Studio, none of my plugins use serial numbers and do not require them to work correctly.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403
    edited May 23

ManFriday said:

evilded777 said:

Here's the error.  Happens as soon as I type in the project name field. THen happens again each time I type in the field. Creates folders (but not what I want... clearly I have Gen 8 Male selected, it always makes Gen 8 Female folders), never creates the project files, just the folders.

Thank you for supplying this info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. I can see the assertion in my code and the only reason it can be triggered is if an invalid figure is selected, but since you supplied Genesis 8 Male, that shouldn't happen. Yet it does.

The only explanation I have is that for some reason the "last used figure" information in the Windows Registry is invalid. This would be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\ManFriday's Seamster\last_genesis_figure. Does the problem go away if you delete that key with regedit?

Not sure if that's relevant to reproduce the problem, but judging by the path in the screenshot, OP seems to be using the beta.

ManFriday said:

Leana said:

evilded777 said:

Entering the Serial Number is still required to activate some of the program's features.

I have to correct you here -- while many Daz Studio plugins require a serial number, and serial numbers are still functional in Daz Studio, none of my plugins use serial numbers and do not require them to work correctly.

I meant DS features in general, not features from your plugins.

Post edited by Leana on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

ManFriday said:

Leana said:

evilded777 said:

We are referring to the Daz Studio serial number here, not a plugin serial number. If the Daz Studio serial number is not entered, Daz Studio runs as a non-Pro version and does not have all the features that may be needed for your plugin to work. I have heard that if Daz Studio is installed with DIM, DIM automatically enters the serial number from user account, but I'm not positive about whether that is accurate information.

Leana said:

Not sure if that's relevant to reproduce the problem, but judging by the path in the screenshot, OP seems to be using the beta.

I'm using Seamster in Daz Studio public build (beta) 4.22.1.136 without any problems. 

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,065

ManFriday said:

background said:

This will be very useful and a definite purchase, so long as it is not limited to G9

G8 and 8.1 are supported too!

Genesis 1 is supported?

Imago said:

ManFriday said:

background said:

This will be very useful and a definite purchase, so long as it is not limited to G9

G8 and 8.1 are supported too!

Genesis 1 is supported?

No, only 8, 8.1 and 9.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    edited May 27

ManFriday said:

evilded777 said:

Yes this seems (no pun) to have fixed the issue. Remark about shoes withdrawn. I'm gonna actually follow the PDF.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,065

barbult said:

No, only 8, 8.1 and 9.

Ah, I see. Nothing for me, then. frown

• KarenKaren Posts: 85
    edited June 28

Hi,

I have to leave my opinion, since I put Seamster to a test. I aboslutely love it. It is such a nice tool für creating clothes and especially RFNs - It makes every step much easier.

If there was the possibilty to choose the import size of the objects for RFNs, it would be perfect.

And maybe if I could load the clothes from scene into Seamster to continue working on the weight maps, so I don't have to remember to save the figure, before closing the scene.

Otherwise, I am totally thrilled heartsmiley

Post edited by Karen on