Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

I want to make a copy of a disc, but I cannot remember what software came with my desktop for burning cds/dvds/blurays. Also I do not remember if it has light scribe ability or not. Sometimes it is hard to read my computer when I sit about a yard away from it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,979
    edited October 2012

..OK more Magento stoopidity.

Went offline to do a bit of system maintenance in prep before reinstalling Genesis Essentials and Generation X and when I returned to the forums I discovered I was logged off. Worse, when I clicked on "Login" link at the top of the page I only got the store login instead of the forums one.

I thought this issue was fixed a month or so ago.

So in twenty minutes or so I'll be offline again thanks to the stoopid store timeout. >:(

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Went offline to do a bit of system maintenance in prep before reinstalling Genesis Essentials and Generation X and when I returned I was logged off. Worse when I clicked on "Login" link at the top of the page I only got the store login instead of the forums one.

So in twenty minutes or so I'll be offline again.

Happened to me from the day that DAZ shut down all the servers. Nothing has fixed it yet, not even Chohole's do it like this tip.
    edited December 1969

I cannot copy the DVD. I tried but the disc will not allow it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Went offline to do a bit of system maintenance in prep before reinstalling Genesis Essentials and Generation X and when I returned I was logged off. Worse when I clicked on "Login" link at the top of the page I only got the store login instead of the forums one.

Happened to me from the day that DAZ shut down all the servers. Nothing has fixed it yet, not even Chohole's do it like this tip.
    ....grrrrrrrrr, nearly five months, and one of the most basic of website operations is still seriously borked. Just when I felt things were finally looking up.

...well, I may have found the reason for why Genesis stopped working. When I went to reinstall Genesis Essentials, I noticed the default install path pointed to a local desktop folder rather than the standard 4.x one. When I was going through the various mapped folders I no doubt saw this and deleted the path it thinking it was a mistake.

Now I have an issue where all this content which is taking up space will not be auto-uninstalled when I reinstall the file as it will be looking in the "proper" location for a previous install. Not sure how to undo the bad install so I don't risk any future conflicts.

edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

....grrrrrrrrr, nearly five months, and one of the most basic of website operations is still seriously borked. Just when I felt things were finally looking up.

...well, I may have found the reason for why Genesis stopped working. When I went to reinstall Genesis Essentials, I noticed the default install path pointed to a local desktop folder rather than the standard 4.x one. When I was going through the various mapped folders I no doubt saw this and deleted the path it thinking it was a mistake.

Now I have an issue where all this content which is taking up space will not be auto-uninstalled when I reinstall the file as it will be looking in the "proper" location for a previous install. Not sure how to undo the bad install so I don't risk any future conflicts.Umm... I hate to say this but ALL DS4.X content NEEDS to be in the My Library folder that the DS4.X Installer creates in your My Documents Folder. No matter What a content installer defaults too. All Genesis and DS4.X content go into My Library, it and nothing else, ever.

EDIT: Except for Plugins, they should find the Install path of DS4.X by default.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

'I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts sitting in a row'

Mornings peoples! I went to bed at like 430am now I'm awake at 1130am, what's going on here?

edited December 1969

Not bad... Are you going 3d? I always despised 3d tv... They are starting with the crappiest 3d and are holding off on releasing the more refined one, as they can get lots of money by moving up in increments. I also think it not good for ur eyes being exposed to 'forced 3d' especially on a daily basis. But pretty cool nonetheless.

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    Umm... I hate to say this but ALL DS4.X content NEEDS to be in the My Library folder that the DS4.X Installer creates in your My Documents Folder. No matter What a content installer defaults too. All Genesis and DS4.X content go into My Library, it and nothing else, ever.

EDIT: Except for Plugins, they should find the Install path of DS4.X by default.

...the odd thing, it worked while I had that particular directory mapped to 4.5. Again I don't know how the installer chose that particular path as that was the directory I installed everything from, not to. What's worse is most of the Genesis content I installed that evening went there as well.

Need to find the uninstallers for all the misplaced content as when I run the install it will only look in the correct location for an existing file.

OK on another front...

...first, I have 4.5 Pro installed, but am unable to find the Autofit tool in the tabs menu.
    ...is the PokeAway utility really useful? (it's only 50¢ during the PC sale)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Not bad... Are you going 3d? I always despised 3d tv... They are starting with the crappiest 3d and are holding off on releasing the more refined one, as they can get lots of money by moving up in increments. I also think it not good for ur eyes being exposed to 'forced 3d' especially on a daily basis. But pretty cool nonetheless.

3d was not a feature that I looked for. I wanted something that can play amazon and Netflix streaming.

edited December 1969

Oh I see! This be for your puta. Cool!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oh I see! This be for your puta. Cool!

My current tv cannot be used as a second monitor. I am trying one more thing to see if that will work. If not I will try to save up for the TV. :)
    edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the odd thing, it worked while I had that particular directory mapped to 4.5. Again I don't know how the installer chose that particular path as that was the directory I installed everything from, not to. What's worse is most of the Genesis content I installed that evening went there as well.

Need to find the uninstallers for all the misplaced content as when I run the install it will only look in the correct location for an existing file.

OK on another front...

...first, I have 4.5 Pro installed, but am unable to find the Autofit tool in the tabs menu.
    ...is the PokeAway utility really useful? (it's only 50¢ during the PC sale)

Autofit, Auto runs when a Gen4 item is loaded to or Fit To the Genie figure, no tab needed. Also works when you have the other supported shapes like A3 and D3 (for genesis) installed. But only for Gen4 clothing.... weird huh?

I SOO need PokeAway!! Yes, it helps very much.
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Mornings peoples! I went to bed at like 430am now I'm awake at 1130am, what's going on here?

That's a big bunch of coconuts, maybe counting them helped you sleep. Seven hours is good in my book.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

That's a big bunch of coconuts, maybe counting them helped you sleep. Seven hours is good in my book.

It's very odd for me though... Usually I would go into the arvo... But then again, I usually stay up a bit after work too... But I was tired, and driving home from work was like being drunk I was so tired.

edited December 1969

Jader, hows your tribe going with their new tools?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jader, hows your tribe going with their new tools?
    Only four smart propped so far. For M4 at that. But go check Pen's thread and you will see why. That chick want's new clothes.
    edited December 1969

LOL what I meant was is it what you were after when you requested it? Now that you got it..

Pendraia is amazing with clothes! One minute we were talking about the rarity of tribal clothes, the next minute I'm in convo with pen, uploading photos of clothing, then she started a new thread and I'm seeing a drawing turn into 3d!!! She's totally beating me progress on my boots, lol :) Good thing about it is that the items so far can be made in variant differences, so many characters could use the same outfit but not look like they all in uniform. I sooooo excited :cheese:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

...slept 9 hours last night. Felt really good.

..last week with all the playing around with 4.5 to relieve the stress of the day job I think I got an average of about 5-1/2 hrs. It does feel good to work with 3D CG again.

Update:

Found the installers so running all of them first before reinstalling. Seems not only the Genesis essentials and Stph4, but also GenerationX V4/M4 & A3/H3 body shapes and the stuff from the special Genesis Content Bundle that was offered to PC members.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    LOL what I meant was is it what you were after when you requested it? Now that you got it..

Pendraia is amazing with clothes! One minute we were talking about the rarity of tribal clothes, the next minute I'm in convo with pen, uploading photos of clothing, then she started a new thread and I'm seeing a drawing turn into 3d!!! She's totally beating me progress on my boots, lol :) Good thing about it is that the items so far can be made in variant differences, so many characters could use the same outfit but not look like they all in uniform. I sooooo excited :cheese:

Umm... Brog not speak ingrish. This is Brog for YES!!
    Brog_Spear.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

...slept 9 hours last night. Felt really good.

..last week with all the playing around with 4.5 to relieve the stress of the day job I think I got an average of about 5-1/2 hrs. It does feel good to work with 3D CG again.

Update:

Found the installers so running all of them first before reinstalling. Seems not only the Genesis essentials and Stph4, but also GenerationX V4/M4 & A3/H3 body shapes and the stuff from the special Genesis Content Bundle that was offered to PC members.I saw your Directory Path post, I think that might be some of it KK. I was waiting to see if Mike or Richard another helped you first.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:

Umm... Brog not speak ingrish. This is Brog for YES!!

lmao

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:
    I must watch the news one day.
    tend to just hear it on SAFM or Nova going to work or on my Android Adelaide Now rss feed, get Daz store feeds too!News is over rated. If they are not telling me a tornado is about to kill me I can and do ignore it.

Awe no way! You ignore News7 ?!? Lol it's always ran by complete nutters who can't spell and are constantly re-hiring. The last two crew teams died putting together their broadcasts. First terminated and second zombified then shot by Alice !

Also. Perhaps ur glasses would be useful, I totally prefer my desktop!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Zombie-Night-At-Coca--Cola-Field-164883596.html

And after the game - fireworks!

:lol:

edited December 1969

...well I have Genesis back. Ended up having to reinstall a whole bunch of stuff that went to the wrong folder.

Got GenerationX to kind of work to the point I was able to set up the basic Stph4 morphs with Genesis. Now I just need to figure out how to apply them to the characters I am working on and include the NPMs

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well I have Genesis back. Ended up having to reinstall a whole bunch of stuff that went to the wrong folder.

Got GenerationX to kind of work to the point I was able to set up the basic Stph4 morphs with Genesis. Now I just need to figure out how to apply them to the characters I am working on and include the NPMs

Just load a new genesis with the latest genx morphs then copy figure ( the one without the genx and with the morphs you've already been setting up and working on) then paste figure on the new genesis. This will set all the dials the same as the old genesis had set up. All done in parameters by pressing the little preferences/settings icon on the top bar of the parameters box. (Top right corner)

edited December 1969

I havent got daz open atm, so It's all from memory lol...

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Just load a new genesis with the latest genx morphs then copy figure ( the one without the genx and with the morphs you've already been setting up and working on) then paste figure on the new genesis. This will set all the dials the same as the old genesis had set up. All done in parameters by pressing the little preferences/settings icon on the top bar of the parameters box. (Top right corner)
    ...so basically ti won't work if I already have a character in progress.

edited December 1969

It will work, you just need to copy all the settings from your outdated WIP genesis to a fresh genesis that will contain all your added genX transfered morphs. Its rather simple. Bare with me all I'll load up daz and take some screenies :)

edited December 1969

Ok, for some reason Daz is blocking my print screen. :S

1 Load up your WIP outdated genesis.
    2 Load up a fresh genesis.
    3 Select WIP Genesis in parameters select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Copy>Copy Figure.
    4 Select Fresh genesis which has your new GenX morphs loaded select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Paste>Paste Figure.

Your fresh genesis will now have all the settings your WIP had... Excluding textures.

This discussion has been closed.