object not rendering with 3Delight

MEtaLpREsMEtaLpREs Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I am trying to get this scene to render, if I use any render setting other than 3Delight it renders correctly but when I use 3Delight the object in the scene just appears as being all black, no color, no texture. I don't think this is a lighting issue because the lights render fine on the other settings. BTW this is using an imported Maya file, but I tried converting it to several other formats and I get the same result.

using Daz Studio 4.5 Pro

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, the other render options are not really renders as such, they use OpenGl and display what you see in the viewport.

Are there any lights in the scene? DS has a default light which is in the camera position, but if there are any other lights in the scene, that is removed. Try creating a distant light in DS4.5, and see if that works.

Can you post a screensot showing your scene, and the scene tab so taht we can see what is in it.

• MEtaLpREsMEtaLpREs Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

right now there is only 1 object that is an area of blocks and a distant light pointed directly at it that is fully lighting it.

render.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 32K
    viewport.jpg
    1600 x 861 - 150K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Select the Object in the Scene Tab and then open it in the Surfaces Tab, pick one of the mat zones and Post a screen grab of all the settings. I'm sure when can figure out what the Issue is. Even if it is not in Surfaces but I really wish to check that first.

edited December 1969

this is all the surface options

scene2.jpg
    1600 x 864 - 163K
    scene.jpg
    1600 x 861 - 161K
    edited December 1969

Thank you but I asked for just one ZONE to be picked so I could read the settings on each area. The way you did it I get Multi in many of the settings. In the Surfaces tab just select the top area listed not all of them at one time.

edited December 1969

yea as soon as I posted that I realized that I had done that, completely my fault.

surface2.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 155K
    surface1.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 162K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Looks like 3Delight is rendering it correctly, according to the settings...

Your light source is not 'on', not strong enough or pointed the wrong direction, so it is rendering as it should with an Ambient color of black at 100% strength.

Turn off the ambient strength (drop the slider to 0)

edited October 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Looks like 3Delight is rendering it correctly, according to the settings...

Your light source is not 'on', not strong enough or pointed the wrong direction, so it is rendering as it should with an Ambient color of black at 100% strength.

Turn off the ambient strength (drop the slider to 0)

So illumination is set to "on", double checked that it is pointed in the right direction, even tried the "point at" option and selected the object, set the ambient strength to 0 on all parts
    rendered the image again and got the same result as before, just solid black.
    anything else I can try?

Post edited by MEtaLpREs on
    edited October 2012

One your Light is not Pointing at the Object properly I think. Two with Ambient set to Black and 100% it will be Black (change Ambient to white and 0%) When you load a Distant light it points across the default load plane at zero elevation. You can do the LOOK through the Light trick to make 100% sure the light is pointed at the object. I think your light is Behind the object at this time. The light and Camera both need to be on the same side of the object.

This is default load for a distant light, see how it is across the plane? It will need adjusted to point at the object.

Help.png
    335 x 357 - 28K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I changed the ambient color to white, set the ambient strength to 0, chaged the distant light to a white spotlight so it can clearly be seen pointing directly at the object, I render the image again and got the same result of the object being solid black like before.

newlight.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 75K
    edited December 1969

Is that a Free object from a Site? If so I will download it and test it. I just need a link to the Item.

edited December 1969

I don't have a download link for the object and can't really upload it anywhere at the moment, thanks for the help though I guess I will just keep messing with it for a bit before I give up on it.

edited December 1969

Your last Screen image shows just the upper left of the object with light falling on it. When you hit the Render button are you looking through a CAMERA or the default Perspective view? You will need a CAMERA. Some versions of DS did not create a Camera you had to do it yourself. The Perspective view will not render properly, a camera must be used. I wish I was more help.

edited December 1969

so with all the previous settings still at what they "should" be at, I created a camera and as you can see the scene is being viewed from the camera not a perspective view, i used a spotlight as opposed to the direct light so it would be clear where the light is and is not striking the object. when I render you can see that it still is rendering solid black only.

render2.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 34K
    render1.jpg
    1600 x 861 - 114K
    edited October 2012

Did you CHANGE the Surfaces setting as well before you rendered? Ambient at White and 0% for the render? That is my only guess, without being able to test the object myself that is my only idea. It should work, I use many none standard objects in my art.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

yea I changed the surface settings to ambient white with 0% ambient strength for that render. I am pretty much out of options and sliders to try I think the object itself may have some sort of issue

edited December 1969

MEtaLpREs said:
    yea I changed the surface settings to ambient white with 0% ambient strength for that render. I am pretty much out of options and sliders to try I think the object itself may have some sort of issue
    You could be 100% right, sorry.
    edited December 1969

wow, all that effort and trial and error and it was in fact the file, I just exported a new copy of the file from maya and its working perfectly in DS.

edited December 1969

Well then, happy rendering.

• spindzele020spindzele020 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Hello, I am new user and I have the same problem. Only I am sure that file is not corrupt. It seems that it doesn't render texture. Maybe it is problem with OpenGl, I can render on 2 level settings and only when I unchek OpenGl. Is it problems with some kind of settings or my Graphic card is outdated. BTW it still performs really well in other programs.

edited December 1969

What problem exactly are you having?

What does it say about your graphics card in Help > Troubleshooting > About Your Video Card?

edited December 1969

I can not render with 3Delight an can't figure out why. I can render when I put inseting tab 1 or 2 level of Quality. Below is information about Graphic card.

Hardware_Features.jpg
    531 x 630 - 121K
    edited December 1969

I can not render with 3Delight an can't figure out why. I can render when I put inseting tab 1 or 2 level of Quality. Below is information about Graphic card.

The fourth quality option in the Render Settings pane is for 3Delight, are you saying that you cannot use it?

You video card is only used to display the items in the Viewport, and is not used for Software Rendering (3Delight) at all, so the video card is not the problem.

What OS are you using, and is it a desktop or laptop system. What happens when you set the slider to 3Delight, does it render or not?
    Does it say anything in the log file, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

edited December 1969

I have Windows 7 64 bit

Hardware.jpg
    879 x 627 - 268K
    woman6.jpg
    871 x 1159 - 59K
    edited December 1969

Ups , forgot tu mention that I am using desktop computer and ven I pres View log file nothing shows up. I atached last render with slider to 4 level and I got something vierd. Veeeeeeeel with Maya was easier to render, but slover.

woman_9.jpg
    671 x 893 - 61K
    edited December 1969

This is render with second level seting. Note that I unceket openGl, becose if I chek it it turs completely black. Aded pink blobs for modesties sake :D

render.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 549K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

I suspect that tdlmake is not running, or is completely missing. Either that or something has corrupted your shaders or replaced them with incompatible versions - did you, for example, try installing the stand alone version of the Elite Human Surface Shader?

The log file is in C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4 for Windows 7 and Vista - you will need to enable the display of hidden files and folders through the Control Panel Folder Options applet to see that.

edited December 1969

About instaling "... stand alone version of the Elite Human Surface Shader.." WAT??? and where , I will try everuthing , but as I am new DS user Ifeel like scrambling in dark. Below is image of folder content

data.jpg
    667 x 566 - 214K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

No, installing a stand-alone shader might have replaced a working version with a bad version so it's good that you didn't. The log file is there in your screenshot, so try doing a 3delght render, then open the log and scroll to the end to see what, if anything, it says it had trouble with.

edited December 1969

I think I cannot open it when I click nothing is hepening no log file is opening ( Troobleshooting > View log file). I thot that seperate windows wil show, or maybe I am dooing something wrog