Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Giovanni - a spectacular image!

• giovannigiovanni Posts: 11
    edited February 2017
    barbult said:
    giovanni said:

having fun with ultra scatter

Hey, that's nice! It is also very on topic with the latest news.

thank you i am making more on my devient site

new renders soonhttp://giovanni-palumbo.deviantart.com/?rnrd=193502

gio plant closeup.jpg
    1908 x 962 - 2M
    Post edited by giovanni on
    edited February 2017
    PhilW said:

Giovanni - a spectacular image!

soon more to come part two of that scene

http://giovanni-palumbo.deviantart.com/?rnrd=193502

lost in space.jpg
    2500 x 1141 - 3M
    edited February 2017

i used ultra scatter here on the palm trees

and redoing the trees on the globe for atlas

The Queen In Her Bath.jpg
    2500 x 1196 - 3M
    THE-GIANT-OF-ALEXANDRIA_2.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 504K
    edited February 2017

I have just realised that you are THE Giovanni, whose work I have admired for many years on Rendo!  It was the Greek mythological images that did it.

Post edited by PhilW on
  • PhilW said:

I have just realised that you are THE Giovanni, whose work I have admired for many years on Rendo!  It was the Greek mythological images that did it.

lol thasa me lol

GIOVANINO OR GIOVANNI

MOST OF THE MYTHOLOGICAL IMAGES ARE AT DEVIENT SITE UNDER ( ROME AND GREECE GALERY FOLDER

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    giovanni said:

having fun with ultra scatter

oh that is cool. 

• thanks to ULTRA SCATTER  HOWIE FARKES

I created this scen in daz studio

now we have what i used in past in vue software

i hope he can make the paint option we have in vue

to pain the instancis on top of surfaces

The Day Of His Return.jpg
    2500 x 1141 - 3M
    giovanni said:

thanks to ULTRA SCATTER  HOWIE FARKES

Yes, the ability to paint instances would be very cool.

• PhilW said:
    giovanni said:

thanks to ULTRA SCATTER  HOWIE FARKES

Yes, the ability to paint instances would be very cool.

YES i think that would solve lots of issues especialy memory

this way we can control how many instances we have in scene and control placement extreemly acuratly

• Here's another view of the forest scene that was built using UltraScatter.

There are 19 separate scatters in this scene - for large trees, small trees, grass, ferns, ground covers, leaves etc

super good stuff i bought this and ultrascatter

will you add a (paint feature) for instances to paint flowers or grass on a surface on parts only we paint them on etc.

i am using this feature in vue 10

and would be super nice to have in daz ultra scatter

i created thses renders using ultrascatter thanks again for super great tools by you

The Day Of His Return.jpg
    2500 x 1141 - 3M
    gio planet.jpg
    2500 x 1141 - 2M
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited March 2017

Hm... Anybody else getting an instant crash to desktop? I just purchased UltraScatter and I'm trying to use it with TerraDome 3. I tried to scatter one of StoneMason's tree and it crapped out instantly.

I also tried it with a simple prop (a plate) and got another CTD. The log file doesn't record anything except that the UltraScatter script loads successfully. 

Anybody else have an issue like this? This tool looks so awesome...

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • Hm... Anybody else getting an instant crash to desktop? I just purchased UltraScatter and I'm trying to use it with TerraDome 3. I tried to scatter one of StoneMason's tree and it crapped out instantly.

I also tried it with a simple prop (a plate) and got another CTD. The log file doesn't record anything except that the UltraScatter script loads successfully. 

Which version of DS (help>About Daz Studio)? What are your system specs?

Hm... Anybody else getting an instant crash to desktop? I just purchased UltraScatter and I'm trying to use it with TerraDome 3. I tried to scatter one of StoneMason's tree and it crapped out instantly.

Which version of DS (help>About Daz Studio)? What are your system specs?

Hi Richard. Thanks for the reply.

My DAZ is the newest (4.9).

System Specs are...

Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz
    System Memory: 16GB DDR3
    Graphics Cards: 2x GeForce GTX 970 4GB

• 4.9.3.166? How many instances were you creating? Was the simple prop in a scene on its own or still in Terradome?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited March 2017

Further to Richard's question above, if a large number of instances have been created then the optimisation parameter on the render tab should be set to memory otherwise you will run out of it very quickly (the normal setting is speed).

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Further to Richard's question above, if a large number of instances have been created then the optimisation parameter on the render tab should be set to memory otherwise you will run out of it very quickly (the normal setting is speed).

Cheers,

Alex.

I unerstood the crash to be on creating the instances, not at render time.

4.9.3.166? How many instances were you creating? Was the simple prop in a scene on its own or still in Terradome?

Correct. I was attempting to create 20 instances, but the I also tried to create as low as 1 and got an instant CTD. 

The simple prop was on a scene in its own, but it still asked me fore a node. I selected itself (didn't know what else to do) and got a CTD.

Further to Richard's question above, if a large number of instances have been created then the optimisation parameter on the render tab should be set to memory otherwise you will run out of it very quickly (the normal setting is speed).

Cheers,

Alex.

Yes, that's correct. The UltraScatter window opens and I'm able to select all the options. However, the moment I hit "Scatter" DAZ crashes. 

• 4.9.3.166? How many instances were you creating? Was the simple prop in a scene on its own or still in Terradome?

Correct. I was attempting to create 20 instances, but the I also tried to create as low as 1 and got an instant CTD. 

The simple prop was on a scene in its own, but it still asked me fore a node. I selected itself (didn't know what else to do) and got a CTD.

You need to select the thing you are scattering across - UltraScatter is for placing isntances on an objects surface. Scattering an item on itself mght well confuse DS, though it shouldn't crash it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

4.9.3.166? How many instances were you creating? Was the simple prop in a scene on its own or still in Terradome?

Cheers,

Alex.

Yes, that's correct. The UltraScatter window opens and I'm able to select all the options. However, the moment I hit "Scatter" DAZ crashes. 

Did you find the manual for Ultra Scatter? It gets installed to /Scripts/UltraScatter/Resources/UltraScatter_ReferenceGuide_v1.0.pdf in your content library if you installed with DIM. In my case, since I installed with Daz Connect, it is in \data\cloud\1_33477\scripts\ultrascatter\resources\ultrascatter_referenceguide_v1.0.pdf. It is a mandatory read if you want to understand UltraScatter.

edited March 2017

You need to select the thing you are scattering across - UltraScatter is for placing isntances on an objects surface. Scattering an item on itself mght well confuse DS, though it shouldn't crash it.

Sorry to cause confusion. I only did that only once. But I've tried scattering simple items across the a small TerraDome terrain multiple times. It has crashed instantly whenever I press "Scatter."

barbult said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Did you find the manual for Ultra Scatter? It gets installed to /Scripts/UltraScatter/Resources/UltraScatter_ReferenceGuide_v1.0.pdf in your content library if you installed with DIM. In my case, since I installed with Daz Connect, it is in \data\cloud\1_33477\scripts\ultrascatter\resources\ultrascatter_referenceguide_v1.0.pdf. It is a mandatory read if you want to understand UltraScatter.

Thanks, I've read the manual. The problem is that when I press "Scatter," DAZ crashes to the desktop instantly. :(

I scattered 100 Stonemason Japanese Red Maple trees on the TD3 Promo - SnakeCharmer scene. It worked fine. I also scattered 20 Japanese Red Maple trees on the TD3 Promo - Outpost54 scene. It also worked fine. I used JapaneseMaple01 from the Iray folder. Are these theStonemason trees you are using?

edited March 2017
    barbult said:

I scattered 100 Stonemason Japanese Red Maple trees on the TD3 Promo - SnakeCharmer scene. It worked fine. I also scattered 20 Japanese Red Maple trees on the TD3 Promo - Outpost54 scene. It also worked fine. I used JapaneseMaple01 from the Iray folder. Are these theStonemason trees you are using?

They were, but even a simple "beach ball" prop caused a crash. I'm stuck because the error log shows nothing at all. Pretty frustrating. I supposed I'll try to reinstall the script!

EDIT:

I'm a dope and forgot DAZ usually gives you more information after a crash. Here's the exception report. Anyone know what this means?

Also found this hidden in the crash log (but, oddly, only visible when I click "preview" but not in the log itself):

Now I at least having something to go on, but I don't know what any of it means. :-\

Attach your scene here and I'll try it.

edited March 2017
    barbult said:

Attach your scene here and I'll try it.

Thanks, but, sadly, there isn't anything to send you. It isn't limited to any one scene. It happens in any new scene I open and any object I choose. It must be a problem with how the script is running with my DAZ. 

P.S. Tried reinstalling the script, but no dice. :(

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262

Hi Leonides, you're not alone in having trouble with UltraScatter.

Ever since I bought UltraScatter I get the exact same error notice on my Windows 7 PC: ACCESS VIOLATION ....... DzNode::IsVisibleInRender() when I press the 'Scatter' button.

However, on my Windows 10 laptop it just works fine, no trouble at all.

I've tried every trick I could think of to get it to work on the PC without success, there must be something on it that's incompatible with UltraScatter, but I have no clue what it could be.

Besides running on differtent OS's, nearly all software installed on both computers is the same, and everything works like it should on both, except UltraScatter.

Strange......

• Please make bug reports, using a simple case as an example, and atach the crash report zips.

Hi Leonides, you're not alone in having trouble with UltraScatter.

Ever since I bought UltraScatter I get the exact same error notice on my Windows 7 PC: ACCESS VIOLATION ....... DzNode::IsVisibleInRender() when I press the 'Scatter' button.

However, on my Windows 10 laptop it just works fine, no trouble at all.

I've tried every trick I could think of to get it to work on the PC without success, there must be something on it that's incompatible with UltraScatter, but I have no clue what it could be.

Besides running on differtent OS's, nearly all software installed on both computers is the same, and everything works like it should on both, except UltraScatter.

Strange......

Hi Erik - Quite strange. I'm actually using Windows 10, so I don't believe it's the OS.

Please make bug reports, using a simple case as an example, and atach the crash report zips.

Hi Richard - Thanks, I've done so. Please see the attached file. 

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_170312-204246.zip

To submit a bug report, you need to fill out the form here and attach the zip file you created. You need to give step by step instructions for how to recreate the problem that caused the error. Use the simples example you can find that causes the problem. Give all the details of your system. Daz tech support does not read the forums, so you need to send them what you've already described in this thread. Participants here are just other users and volunteers trying to help where possible.

I found the problem! The culprit is Octane Render. 

I removed the Octane Render plug-in and Ultra Scatter miraculously worked perfectly. This is odd because I wasn't ever trying to render anything...