Free to see, DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Even in the cart?

It's ok, just I needed an update.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130
    ed3D said:

~  and  the Biweekly Freebies _  ain't Free ??  ~  thanx  ~ 

_  and in Check-Out  Free  _  thanx  ~

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

earlier on, i could put the megapack and the foxhole in the cart, but the 0$ cart couldn't be checked out. meanwhile this seems to have been fixed - but in the same time, the foxhole disappeared, gives a 404. so i checked out with the megapack - grab what you can as long as it works - and i guess tomorrow the foxhole will be kinda back. right? right?

• Crios said:

Purchased for free  Platinum Club Anniversary 2020 Mega Pack 4 and Garden Flowers - Fushia Bushes, following JackyBrown instructions

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16978/an-attempt-of-a-limited-time-freebie-message-only-email-alert-thread/p78

For Neo City Mini Kit i've some issue with the surfaces in DAZ, simply there aren't surfaces. Someone has the same issue?

Which format did you download ?

I've downloaded 3 Kitbash3D freebie mini-kits (OBJ versions) so far, but I only ever tried the first. It was far too hi-poly for my poor old laptop. So I used Blender to split it into separate export each building as a separate OBJ, after which it was useable in Poser, but I can't say I was over-impressed.

I think it had separate material zones, which would be the Poser equivalent of DS surfaces.

So is OBJ the best format to download freebies from Kitbash3D and/or Cubebrush? I've been trying to figure this out for ages...

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2020
    LaPartita said:
    Crios said:

Purchased for free  Platinum Club Anniversary 2020 Mega Pack 4 and Garden Flowers - Fushia Bushes, following JackyBrown instructions

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16978/an-attempt-of-a-limited-time-freebie-message-only-email-alert-thread/p78

For Neo City Mini Kit i've some issue with the surfaces in DAZ, simply there aren't surfaces. Someone has the same issue?

Which format did you download ?

I've downloaded 3 Kitbash3D freebie mini-kits (OBJ versions) so far, but I only ever tried the first. It was far too hi-poly for my poor old laptop. So I used Blender to split it into separate export each building as a separate OBJ, after which it was useable in Poser, but I can't say I was over-impressed.

I think it had separate material zones, which would be the Poser equivalent of DS surfaces.

So is OBJ the best format to download freebies from Kitbash3D and/or Cubebrush? I've been trying to figure this out for ages...

I think that 'best' is a matter of personal opinion - my personal opinion is simply that OBJ suits my purposes. Since 2009 I've been creating meshes (not many, and not too complex) in Blender, exporting them as OBJs and importing the OBJs into Poser. I've got used to the idiosyncracies and annoyances, and I still mainly use Poser. So if a model's not available in Poser format my second choice is always OBJ. I really know nothing about any other formats so I don't use them.

P.S. I think I've downloaded Cinema3D and/or Lightwave formats in the past when no OBJ was available... but I imported them into Blender, exported them as OBJs, and imported them into Poser.

I really am a sort of one-trick pony ! laugh

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited November 2020
    Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-2020-mega-pack-5
    https://www.daz3d.com/foxhole-props

New PC+ freebies are up.

I can make them go free (as a non-member) in the cart but I'm having trouble checking out the cart.

I reported it in the sales thread.

I also can't check out a cart only filled with regular bi-weekly freebies, so I think the store currently just has trouble with 0$ carts. Let's hope it gets resolved soon!

Take further discussions on this subject here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/116146/limited-time-freebies-discussion-thread

Looks like they've got the gumbies hard at work again. I think the freebie and checkout problems are probably just colateral damage caused by shrapnel from bashing the galleries back into a working state, which doesn't seem to be working

First rule of first line maintenance - bash it !

P.S. How long will this current pair (foxhole props and mega pack 5) remain (assuming they ever become...) free ? Merlin's Zweihänders have Poser versions, something I can actually use

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,739

But Mega Pack 5 and PC Freebiees still don't work? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,395
    Crios said:

I thought mega pack was working now. Is it broken again this morning?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909
    Leana said:
    Crios said:

I missed the window when it supposedly worked, it's broken now.

The Mega Pack currently also doesn't go free if I put it in the cart together with a non-free item. I've reported it.

Hylas said:
    Leana said:
    Crios said:

I missed the window when it supposedly worked, it's broken now.

The Mega Pack currently also doesn't go free if I put it in the cart together with a non-free item. I've reported it.

Now resolved for me:

Hylas said:

First of all, there's a new PC+ freebie: https://www.daz3d.com/more-cowbell-for-genesis-8-male

Second of all, I could make all three items (Megapack 5, Foxhole Props, Cowbell) go free as a non-member by putting them in a cart with one bi-weekly freebie. I don't know if it matters, but I put in the bi-weekly freebie last.

edited November 2020

Got 'em !

I already had the i13 and. foxhole things in the cart, the former showing free, the latter not.

Stuck the other two in my cart et voila - all free. Checked out, all good ! Even got a new-fangled order number with too many 4digit groups separated by dashes*

But when I go to my downloadale products I get that a Oops ! chameleon, so I can't be 100% certain...

Edit: just downloaded successfully (the gumbies were obviously still at work a few moments ago)

*The new global format imposed on subsidiarys (i.e. everybody) by the InstaGooTwitFace Group (formerly Umbrella Corporation)

Untitled.jpg
    911 x 547 - 70K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

What do you mean with "my downloadable products"?

Your product library?

Or DIM?

There are still hiccups with some products where the DIM files are missing.

edited November 2020
    Kerya said:

Your product library?

Or DIM?

I mean "My Downloadable Products", i.e. my Product Library - same same according to DAZ.

The "Go to My Downloadable Products" link opens your Product Library. By 'your' I mean 'my', obviously.

There are always hiccups with the DAZ site. It's a feature ! wink

Untitled.jpg
    1047 x 668 - 158K

I've managed to download it all with DIM.

Kerya said:

Your product library?

Or DIM?

I mean "My Downloadable Products", i.e. my Product Library - same same according to DAZ.

The "Go to My Downloadable Products" link opens your Product Library. By 'your' I mean 'my', obviously.

I never tried that one ... are you able to go to your Product library from your account?

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files

edited November 2020
    Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

Your product library?

Or DIM?

I never tried that one ... are you able to go to your Product library from your account?

Yes, that's the way I usually do it. I only use the link from the 'Order Successfuul' page on the rare occasions that I have the inclination to try the thing (sorry, I meant asset*) straight away.

*I'd totally fogotten about wheelbarrows until today ! "Why didn't you list that among our assets in the first place"

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

Thank you, 3dcheapskate.

And, thank you, Daz 3D, for the awesome freebie bonus.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited November 2020
    Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

Your product library?

Or DIM?

Yes, that's the way I usually do it. I only use the link from the 'Order Successfuul' page on the rare occasions that I have the inclination to try the thing (sorry, I meant asset) straight away.

This link is visible when I use store credits but it's missing when I use Paypal.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Noah LGP said:
    Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

Your product library?

Or DIM?

Yes, that's the way I usually do it. I only use the link from the 'Order Successfuul' page on the rare occasions that I have the inclination to try the thing (sorry, I meant asset) straight away.

This link is visible when I use store credits but it's missing when I use Paypal.

That sounds like a website/store bug - the way you pay should have no effect on the way you get at your downloads.

edited November 2020

(deleted - I thought I was editing this post, but the result is the next post)

• earlier on, i could put the megapack and the foxhole in the cart, but the 0$ cart couldn't be checked out. meanwhile this seems to have been fixed - but in the same time, the foxhole disappeared, gives a 404. so i checked out with the megapack - grab what you can as long as it works - and i guess tomorrow the foxhole will be kinda back. right? right?

I've occasionally seen this 404 appear when I use a correct URL on this DAZ site, most recently My Product Library yesterday. Simply refreshing the page usually fixes it. I've always assumed it's something to do with CloudFlare.

: where's the roll-eyes-smiley when you need it :

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

earlier on, i could put the megapack and the foxhole in the cart, but the 0$ cart couldn't be checked out. meanwhile this seems to have been fixed - but in the same time, the foxhole disappeared, gives a 404. so i checked out with the megapack - grab what you can as long as it works - and i guess tomorrow the foxhole will be kinda back. right? right?

I've occasionally seen this 404 appear when I use a correct URL on this DAZ site, most recently My Product Library yesterday. Simply refreshing the page usually fixes it. I've always assumed it's something to do with CloudFlare.

: where's the roll-eyes-smiley when you need it :

oh i'm used to the occasional 404 too. the foxhole was different tho, didn't appear even with refreshing and all. but at some point later i finally grabbed it ^^

the roll eyes smiley had a burnout because it was used too often recently, so it went off the grid devil

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554
    edited November 2020

I've been trying to grab freebies, however not even the bi weekly freebies are showing up free for me, so I can't get those, the foxhole or the mega pack 5.

Anyone know why none of this is working for me?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I've been trying to grab freebies, however not even the bi weekly freebies are showing up free for me, so I can't get those, the foxhole or the mega pack 5.

Do they show as free if you refresh the cart?

• I've been trying to grab freebies, however not even the bi weekly freebies are showing up free for me, so I can't get those, the foxhole or the mega pack 5.

Did you check the price in your cart? For me they show up with a price on the product page but go to free in my cart.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Are you supposed to be a PC+ Member? Your "roles" is showing up as not having PC+ status, so you might need to put in a support ticket if you're supposed to have an active PC+ membership. You might be having the same issue as this person: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6183196/#Comment_6183196

3Diva said:

Are you supposed to be a PC+ Member? Your "roles" is showing up as not having PC+ status, so you might need to put in a support ticket if you're supposed to have an active PC+ membership. You might be having the same issue as this person: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6183196/#Comment_6183196

Even without being a PC+ member she should be able to get the biweekly freebies for free.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    Kerya said:
    3Diva said:

Even without being a PC+ member she should be able to get the biweekly freebies for free.

Of course, but as far as I can tell several people have reported on and off that the regular freebies aren't free (again on and off). Her account not showing her as PC+ Member though it might explain why she isn't seeing the Foxhole or Mega Pack 5 as free.

edited November 2020

What Starter Bundle did everybody get? I went for Lilith 7, doing a render now, will share when it's done. I wanna see everybodys free Starter Bundle renders!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Using the code, my starter bundle comes up free, but it wants me to pay over $7 in tax on my free bundle. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose I could get it and put in a refund ticket for the tax, but I'd rather not.