Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

Using the code, my starter bundle comes up free, but it wants me to pay over $7 in tax on my free bundle. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose I could get it and put in a refund ticket for the tax, but I'd rather not.

Same thing happened to me, but it never actually asked me for any payment information. Order is still showing that I paid the sales tax, but it didn't charge me.

• 3WC said:

Using the code, my starter bundle comes up free, but it wants me to pay over $7 in tax on my free bundle. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose I could get it and put in a refund ticket for the tax, but I'd rather not.

Same thing happened to me, but it never actually asked me for any payment information. Order is still showing that I paid the sales tax, but it didn't charge me.

Thanks. I wish I had tried that. Now it just tells me that the coupon is not valid. I think I'll try again in an hour or two.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909
    edited November 2020

Gracefully the countess strode down the hallway... CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK

Yes, the Caged Belle outfit is very silly, but silly is fine with me!

I've actually been eyeing Lilith 7 for a while now so I'm very excited to have gotten her for free. She does not disappoint, she's wonderful!

Freebie credits:
    Gloves by Noone: https://www.deviantart.com/noone102000/art/Latex-Gloves-FREEBIE-815732532
    Stockings and Garters by DigiDotz: http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/daz-clothes/242-sweet-temptation-lingerie-for-g8f
    Key by Porsimo: http://www.sharecg.com/v/90303/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Medieval-keys
    Chain by Bionic Rooster: http://www.sharecg.com/v/54375/gallery/11/Poser/10ft-Easy-Pose-Chain
    Steel Collar by Architect: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/slave-collar-for-victoria-4-x/75321
    Steel Shackle by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/modular-madness---darkest-dungeon/80254
    Pose by OneSix: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/glamour-pose-15/78360
    Brazier & Flame by MatCreator: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/mc-nites-haven/75648

HDRI by Greg Zaal & HDRI Haven: https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=indoor&h=mutianyu

quickie124B lilith.png
    870 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited November 2020
    Hylas said:

What Starter Bundle did everybody get? I went for Lilith 7, doing a render now, will share when it's done. I wanna see everybodys free Starter Bundle renders!

I owned the pro bundle version of nearly all of them and the couple of them I didn't have I wasn't really interested in. Really wish they would have done store credit instead. Or even X amount to go toward Daz Originals. Instead of a selection of starter bundles that many of us already own the pro bundles versions of. Oh well, gift-horse/mouth, I guess. I probably should be happy that we got anything.

I'm glad that you are excited about it though and I'm happy that you got something you wanted. I hope you show us some renders. :)

EDIT: Looks like you did show us a render. Nice! Yeah, Lilith 7 is fantastic. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • No I am not a PC member, does not explain why other non members are able to get it and I can't. Refreshing the page does not work, still shows a price for each item, including when in the cart, even tried going the next payment step and still shows a price. Also, the bi weekly freebies are not showing up as free on that page, though they do after adding them to the cart.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Yeah, I went through all the starter bundles and either bought the pro bundle or bought the individual items I wanted, didn't see anything I wanted at all.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

Yeah, I went through all the starter bundles and either bought the pro bundle or bought the individual items I wanted, didn't see anything I wanted at all.

Can I have your free one then?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

No I am not a PC member, does not explain why other non members are able to get it and I can't. Refreshing the page does not work, still shows a price for each item, including when in the cart, even tried going the next payment step and still shows a price. Also, the bi weekly freebies are not showing up as free on that page, though they do after adding them to the cart.

Which items are you trying to get free? Some items are only free for PC+ members.

• 3Diva said:
    Hylas said:

What Starter Bundle did everybody get? I went for Lilith 7, doing a render now, will share when it's done. I wanna see everybodys free Starter Bundle renders!

I owned the pro bundle version of nearly all of them and the couple of them I didn't have I wasn't really interested in. Really wish they would have done store credit instead. Or even X amount to go toward Daz Originals. Instead of a selection of starter bundles that many of us already own the pro bundles versions of. Oh well, gift-horse/mouth, I guess. I probably should be happy that we got anything.

I'm glad that you are excited about it though and I'm happy that you got something you wanted. I hope you show us some renders. :)

EDIT: Looks like you did show us a render. Nice! Yeah, Lilith 7 is fantastic. 

I already owned all of the Pro bundles. So, despite all the store change problems I have suffered through there was NO BENEFIT to me. It almost seemed like DAZ is saying we don't care about our loyal customers because we know you will still shop here no matter what.

• It's the Megapack 5, Foxhole Props, Cowbell...I did get the Cowbell and for free, it's the other 2 I can't get. I was surprised to have the Callie bundle with the code for free, so that was nice.  So what's the verdict, am I suppose to be able to get the other 2?

edited November 2020

It's the Megapack 5, Foxhole Props, Cowbell...I did get the Cowbell and for free, it's the other 2 I can't get. I was surprised to have the Callie bundle with the code for free, so that was nice.  So what's the verdict, am I suppose to be able to get the other 2?

Oh, bummer... they don't go free for me anymore, either. Looks like something has changed again...

Post edited by Hylas on
  • gniiialgniiial Posts: 207
    edited November 2020

Maybe the new shop system is also a fix to prevent this bug?!

I mean it's a bug, if these freebies are actually for PC+ Members?! And, i have to say, a week back you could have made PC+ for a whole year, for 20 $ or less?! Don't know anymore, but with a promo code it was possible to get a lot of stuff from the darker parts of the year and i appreciated it with a year PC+. That it would shrink to not even 2 bucks a month... man i did not even think about it! And when i count now, i have made 12 a month minus the around 2 a month i payed for. So in my caculation i made 100 bucks, just by hitting the shop at the right time, with the right discount and the right cupon code. 
    And let's not forget, the more people would have these monthly features, the more would a company see that what they are doing is something the people appreciate and maybe, just maybe do more about that freebie section?! The membership has already many great features, but i would guess if everybody would say "i get one too for the year", they would even do more to also appreciate the customers decision. 

I can just talk about me here, i'm not making money, i like freebies too, but for real, you only get so far with them and have most of the time the trouble fixing them, working them up with own textures and shaders... and this is time consuming like hell. Imagine a sale like two or three weeks back, with uncountable items, that scale to 40-80 cents an item (even bundles). But part of that was the PC+ membership, that saved a lot of money to get there. And since we can transform nearly every item to any figure now... wonderful world! 

Post edited by gniiial on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

What starter bundles are you guys talking about? Was there a sale or a purple banner thingie?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited November 2020
    I got G1 Teens starter bundle. There was coupon code on sale page yesterday and today there is also same one. It is free because of site changes lately and working with a bit of trouble. Anyway thanks DAZ just really wished for it. Got base characters cheaply before a year and now I have got very nice clothes for them too.
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • McGyver said:

What starter bundles are you guys talking about? Was there a sale or a purple banner thingie?

On the front page, see the Pardon Our Dust sale, you get 1 time use coupon *SPECIAL-GIFT  *for a free gen 2 or3 bundle

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I see it now, I guess I missed it when I looked at it earlier. Thanks folks!

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,739

Just for curiosity, but Mega Pack n. 1 has never been go for free? I've started to collect mega pak from the 2nd.

It was free the 1st time around but it looks like that was a bug they fixed since then.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited November 2020

Seems like it has been about 3 weeks since the biweekly freebies have been changed

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Seems like it has been about 3 weeks since the biweekly freebies have been changed

Yes, I think they skipped last week because of the store issues.  They weren't showing as free until they were put in cart at the beginning of last week.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited November 2020

I think that they are skipping this week as well nothing up as of yet in the reg freebies!

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • I thought they changed to Tuesdays?

I think that they are skipping this week as well nothing up as of yet in the reg freebies!

The weekly new free item comes with the PC items on Wednesday.

We're wondering about the Biweekly Freebies

I thought they changed to Tuesdays?

Right, this is about the biweekly freebies at https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

We're wondering about the Biweekly Freebies

It's been over 3 weeks since we got new biweekly freebies and it is beginning to look we may not get any this week either.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

Maybe they are waiting for the store to get sorted out.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151
    edited November 2020
    3WC said:

Maybe they are waiting for the store to get sorted out.

Maybe they could add many more freebies for Black Friday / Cyber Monday...

Post edited by DarkS474 on
  • moonglowmoonglow Posts: 44
    edited November 2020

Charlie Judge SAID : "It's been over 3 weeks since we got new biweekly freebies and it is beginning to look we may not get any this week either."

Charlie, you have to outsmart the IT guys. Here are 5 bi-weekly "freebies" products I picked up yesterday for $0.00. They ALL showed regular prices BUT after I entered them into the cart, then opened the full cart, they ALL showed the $0.00 pricing. I ordered and downloaded. (see graphic). My sugestion, go get 'em today while they are hot.

smileyyescool

Screenshot_2020-11-19 Daz 3D 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D.png
    1651 x 540 - 69K
    Post edited by Chohole on