Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• moonglow said:

Charlie Judge SAID : "It's been over 3 weeks since we got new biweekly freebies and it is beginning to look we may not get any this week either."

Charlie, you have to outsmart the IT guys. Here are 5 bi-weekly "freebies" products I picked up yesterday for $0.00. They ALL showed regular prices BUT after I entered them into the cart, then opened the full cart, they ALL showed the $0.00 pricing. I ordered and downloaded. (see graphic). My sugestion, go get 'em today while they are hot.

smileyyescool

I have them. Those are a repeat of the weekly freebies that were in the PC anaversary sale. Jack put them back in case somebody missed them.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    moonglow said:

Charlie Judge SAID : "It's been over 3 weeks since we got new biweekly freebies and it is beginning to look we may not get any this week either."

Charlie, you have to outsmart the IT guys. Here are 5 bi-weekly "freebies" products I picked up yesterday for $0.00. They ALL showed regular prices BUT after I entered them into the cart, then opened the full cart, they ALL showed the $0.00 pricing. I ordered and downloaded. (see graphic). My sugestion, go get 'em today while they are hot.

smileyyescool

I believe those are PC+ Freebies which are different than the regular biweekly freebies.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675
    moonglow said:

smileyyescool

Those are the PC+ freebies. This week Jack added a few extras that were originally available in June sale i think.

• Charlie, 3Diva, and Wolfwood ,

Thanks for the information. I didn’t have them and when they showed full price on product page (even with reset and cache clearing) I thought it was something new since they don’t show up in the “low to high” store setting either. My bad – sorry ‘bout that (but good for me hee hee). It was odd that the cart showed different pricing and that fact that if they were June sale or PC anniversary freebies that they are still available. This is why I only have 39 posts. Ha!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    moonglow said:

Charlie, 3Diva, and Wolfwood ,

Thanks for the information. I didn’t have them and when they showed full price on product page (even with reset and cache clearing) I thought it was something new since they don’t show up in the “low to high” store setting either. My bad – sorry ‘bout that (but good for me hee hee). It was odd that the cart showed different pricing and that fact that if they were June sale or PC anniversary freebies that they are still available. This is why I only have 39 posts. Ha!

lol Don't let that stop you from posting. :) 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited November 2020
    moonglow said:

I think that they are only free for PC+ members which may be why they  didn't show as free on the product page.  And like Diva said your thoughts are most welcome. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180
    moonglow said:

smileyyescool

Thank you!  I only had two out of the five items!

Dana

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675
    3Diva said:
    moonglow said:

lol Don't let that stop you from posting. :) 

+1

• Going on FIVE, (count em - 5) weeks since the "Biweekl;y" frebies have changed !!!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2020

Going on FIVE, (count em - 5) weeks since the "Biweekl;y" frebies have changed !!!

Time is merely a construct of the human interpretation of one apparent aspect of the limited perceivable effects of chronodynamic forces upon the particular portion of the multiverse which humanity occupies and as such, these narrowly observable effects have been greatly misunderstood. 
    Or so I've been told...

To be honest I'm not entirely sure one should trust the proclamations of a random stranger in the park wearing a bedpan on his head and reeking of vermouth and pee... mostly pee...

Five weeks is a bit long, but maybe pee guy was right and DAZ is run by a collective of space aliens which exist in a realm in between time and space...

He didn't name DAZ in particular, but he kept saying stuff about "soon", and "DAZ Soon" is legendary in its out of sync interpretation of the human understanding of the word "soon"... so if one does the math it's clear that DAZ is run by space llamas... or possibly space octopuses... 

Clearly even the terms "weekly" and "daily" have their own meanings in Dazian.

Hopefully when they realize humans have a different perception of time, it'll be new stuff.

Or we will have all died of old age...

It's hard to say.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • 2 new freebies posted at Most-Digital-Creations...

Free G8F Mini Dress 7 (NOTE: Free download with email sign-up for their newsletter):
    https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_mini_dress_7.php

Free Sci-Fi Window (NOTE: It's located inside the Gift Box at the very bottom of this page): 
    https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_all_products.htm

2 new freebies posted at Most-Digital-Creations...

Free G8F Mini Dress 7 (NOTE: Free download with email sign-up for their newsletter):

Free Sci-Fi Window (NOTE: It's located inside the Gift Box at the very bottom of this page): 

I gave up on those "free download with email sign-up for their newsletter"!  I've been signed up for years.  They just didn't work for me anymore, so I don't bother.  To obad, some of them are nice items.

Dana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    DanaTA said:

I gave up on those "free download with email sign-up for their newsletter"!  I've been signed up for years.  They just didn't work for me anymore, so I don't bother.  To obad, some of them are nice items.

Dana

They don't work how? You don't get an email when you put in your email adress and hit subscribe?

(Hey, luckily this IS the discussion thread.)

Kerya said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

They don't work how? You don't get an email when you put in your email adress and hit subscribe?

(Hey, luckily this IS the discussion thread.)

Since I'm already on the mailing list...have been for many years now...it just does nothing.  I can't remember the exact error or whatever, I just know that it wasn't worth the hassle.  If I remember correctly, I even emailed him about it and got an unsatisfactory response.  Something about not being able to do anything about it.  So, I gave up.

Dana

Dana

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102

By the way, it worked for me to get a "Free with purchase" PC+ item with the free holiday item in my cart. The whole cart was free. Try it out.

• 3WC said:

By the way, it worked for me to get a "Free with purchase" PC+ item with the free holiday item in my cart. The whole cart was free. Try it out.

too late blush

• If anyone is wondering why they are not updating the bi-weekly freebies, I think I know why. When they updated the store and other aspects of the site, some of which they are still working on, there have been a number of freebies even for those not a PC member this past month, some really nice one's, including bundles and coupon's to get freebies. Also take into consideration Christmas freebies are coming up and they give some pretty great gifts. Might have to wait for January to get back the regular bi-weeklys.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405
    3WC said:

too late blush

yup.. tried too crying

• Dana I think the reason you are having trouble at mostdigitalcreations is because it's been updated so the subscription freebies, you put in yoru email and also that code thingy to make sure you're human. then click submit.

As for the Daz Holiday freebies, was that only suppose to be 2, cause there's nothing there at all today.

Dana I think the reason you are having trouble at mostdigitalcreations is because it's been updated so the subscription freebies, you put in yoru email and also that code thingy to make sure you're human. then click submit.

As for the Daz Holiday freebies, was that only suppose to be 2, cause there's nothing there at all today.

I don't know which timezone you are in ... up to now we had

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-myles-beard-for-genesis-8-males on the first day

and

https://www.daz3d.com/turk-light on the second.

Today is the third, and the store is usually changing somewhere around 8:39 my time (Germany), now it is 8:00 ...

And now it is time for a little gnome:

https://www.daz3d.com/lil-gnome

CUTE!

• I got those two and maybe it's a timezone thing, I live on the east coast and I know Daz is in the States, so no more then a 5 hour time difference, I kept checking all day.  It's ok now cause I have the little gnome. He's adorable.

• Going on FIVE, (count em - 5) weeks since the "Biweekl;y" frebies have changed !!!

We finally got some new "BiWeekly" freebies: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• Kerya you should get an award for all you do here, especially for those who rely on the freebies you tell us about.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130

~  plushie cat , but it's iRay  _  have Daz | Studio 4.6  ~ 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

ed3D said:

I only use 3DL so things like plushie cat ,either use a shader on it or paint your own texture for it .

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130

carrie58 said:

ed3D said:

I only use 3DL so things like plushie cat ,either use a shader on it or paint your own texture for it .

~  alrite then , thanx  ~

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 2020

Just out of curiosity, was the Cute Christmas Reindeer https://www.daz3d.com/cute-christmas-reindeer a limited time freebie or was it supposed to be part of the Christmas freebies?
    It's not a big deal, but it's showing as 30% off, not as a freebie.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

As far as I'm aware, all of the Christmas freebies so far have been free only for a couple days. I've had one or two freebies remain in my cart for a few days and lose their free status before I completed the order.