The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

So, in light of having posted something miserable...

...I shall now post something funny to make up for it =P

cake__by_mayvore-d5noye6.jpg
    835 x 1271 - 458K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2012

Skiriki said:
    So. Where I've been:

1) I got addicted to that stupid pony game. Hardcore. Expect me to stay absent until my brain is too fried with ponies, this will usually take a week longer.
    2) At the same time I was helping a friend of mine move out, and return to the States.
    3) Then I lost my pony game save file in a fatal crash which crashed my tablet as well. Much swearing.
    4) And now I have fever and I'm seeing ponies everywhere. I'll go back to bed.

game addiction... it happens to the best of us! great to hear from you! Hope you get well soon :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Well the one time I think I'll listen to the raidio on the way home.... I get this.
    The first thing that is said on the channel we were listening to was some shooting at a school in Connecticut. Twenty something kids shot dead, and I didn't continue listening after that - so I dunno if any teachers were shot too or if there was any motive for it.

It's pretty sad that no one is safe anywhere. It used to be something like this took place every few years, now it seems to be almost once a week. We are living in a society where certain people have no control over their emotions and seemingly lose any good moral conscience that would keep them from committing such acts. They seem to have lost all thought that is natural and spiritual about how precious and beautiful life can be.

I feel I would never be able to do something like this. I would bawl my eyes out if I ever ran an animal over with my car. I always worry about hitting a squirrel or someone’s pet. If something tragic happened in my life, I would hope I would be able to cope with it. It seems a lot of these people plan this stuff out, so it is not temporary insanity, it is complete insanity. What makes them do something like this? I feel that that would become a spiritual discussion which would then turn into a religious debate, so I will leave that subject alone.

Society is certainly reaching a dark and ugly place which can make each of us wonder why and leave us on edge at times when in public. The wife and I were in Vegas one time and on our way back from dinner at night there were people all over begging for money. Whether it was for drugs, alcohol or something to eat, I was not going to take out my wallet. I felt sorry for them, but my wife’s welfare is certainly more important and getting back to the hotel was first and foremost. My Marine Corps training had me cocked and ready to bust someone’s head if they got too close.

All I can say is try to be cognizant of your surroundings. Even then some nut case can come from nowhere and take your life away in a heartbeat. I have begun carrying a gun a while back when I go out in public. Whether I would be able to get to it in time or not when faced with such a situation is certainly questionable, but I can guarantee you that if I was able to get gun in hand, I’d empty my clip into any son-of-a-bitch that decided to go on some shooting rampage. I certainly hope that never happens, but I would rather take that person’s life than see him take other people’s lives.

Sorry about the rant, but this is such an awful tragedy and I get so frustrated that we can’t do anything to keep it from happening again.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    So, in light of having posted something miserable...

...I shall now post something funny to make up for it =P

hehe cracked me up :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

brr brr cold snaps

...Natasha, first, we keel moose and squirrel.
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Our local news isn't even broadcast from here anymore... Our weather man lives in Canberra!

Furthermore, our major taxi company is now ran by Melbourne! To call our taxi, you must speak to a melbs robot :-P

...welcome to the Wonderful World of Outsourcing. Where I live, we've been watching it take away jobs for the last ten to fifteen years.

If a business believes they can do it cheaper there than here, you bet your bottom line that is what they will do.

edited December 2012

...Friday Complaint:

I really hate where my company is located. Not only does it involve a long commute each way with multiple transfers, but just to get into the industrial park where they are located is a real pain in the arse.

Basically it is much more suited for those who drive rather than those who take transit and walk.. The park has only one entrance on the south end (the transit station is of course to the north). Even this is not good route as there are no sidewalks and one must either take about a ten to fifteen minute walk from the nearest bus stop along a busy roadway that has a lot of heavy lorry traffic or walk through warehouse car parks dodging bad motorists and large lorries pulling in and out of loading bays.

The "shortest" route entails climbing a rocky embankment and stepping over several siding tracks which I have always been apprehensive about. Well tonight my worst fears happened as when I stepped across one rail my foot slipped on a wet tie and i went down. Fortunately I fell forward and only managed to bruise my bad knee and hurt my shoulder. Had I fallen to the side or backwards,I most likely would have cracked my head on one of the rails and not be here writing about this tonight.

The only alternatives are to either wait for a bus that runs only limited times during the day (which because of my schedule and the long walk to the south entrance I would miss and have to wait another 35 minutes for the next one). Or take about a 45 minute to hour long round about walk, much of it along streets that have and heavy traffic and no walkways.

So here I sit with a sore knee and shoulder, and no health coverage, (because it is all in the hands of he private insurance companies), after a day working for a company that decided to try and save a few zlotys on taxes by moving out to a horrible and fairly inaccessible location (unless one has a car).

The kicker was before the move they told us it would be right off the light rail line.

...well, they were right on the "off" portion.

OK, now for the Friday Non Complaint.

Tomorrow starts an "eleven day" weekend where I don;'t have to get up early to drag my poor aching bones out to the bus stop at 6:30 in the morning for a two hour commute to a poorly located workplace until after the holiday.

Who knows, maybe I'll finally win the Megabucks Lotto so I can make the vacation "permanent".

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Aw. Send In The Clones Pro for Poser makes computer say no. Cannot add the item to shopping cart is no I guess :(

edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Our local news isn't even broadcast from here anymore... Our weather man lives in Canberra!

Furthermore, our major taxi company is now ran by Melbourne! To call our taxi, you must speak to a melbs robot :-P

...welcome to the Wonderful World of Outsourcing. Where I live, we've been watching it take away jobs for the last ten to fifteen years.

If a business believes they can do it cheaper there than here, you bet your bottom line that is what they will do.

A lot of media product out of New York and LA is made on the Australian Gold Coast, or in Sydney, or in Auckland New Zealand so yes absolutely see what you mean. Some Aussie product is made in Korea :lol:

eta it was my last day at work yesterday, next job starts mid january. So don't want to work right now ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

x post from the RRNot thread, just cuz

jungle.jpg
    1000 x 418 - 84K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

I once outsourced my Forum posting to squirrels, but I started doing it myself again, because Skiriki didn't like squirrels.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I once outsourced my Forum posting to squirrels, but I started doing it myself again, because Skiriki didn't like squirrels.

Oh, wrong!

I like squirrels.

In my cooking pot.

Nah, the treerats are OK as long as they don't come to my apartment.

edited December 1969

Least squirrels aren't cannibalistic :-P

Love the fuzzy cuteness! I just hate spiders, roaches, Earwigs....... actually I generally just dislike all insects... Except maybe butterflies and lady Beatles. OH and those fireflies are awesome... (Seen them in person I have not)

Foxes are quite entertaining on a night shift... I have seen many lil foxlings, they little and fuzzy.

I did see one of those gliders once on my night rounds... I wanted to pet him, I called him Bob.

edited December 1969

We got possums instead of squirrels. There were possums in our trees at night for a for few years, teh cute until a couple of owls came along and ate them all :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Love the fuzzy cuteness! I just hate spiders, roaches, Earwigs....... actually I generally just dislike all insects... Except maybe butterflies and lady Beatles. OH and those fireflies are awesome... (Seen them in person I have not)

Foxes are quite entertaining on a night shift... I have seen many lil foxlings, they little and fuzzy.

I did see one of those gliders once on my night rounds... I wanted to pet him, I called him Bob.

Flying Foxes that live in the Botanic Gardens come to eat the fruit off our trees in late summer, shadows in the night sky that make a swooshing sound when they fly past.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

who were the critters that eat the fermenting tree berries?

edited December 2012

Breakfast - Good Mornins

do you make your waffles round or square? cant decide which tastes better

dainties2.jpg
    931 x 515 - 174K
    dainties.jpg
    925 x 501 - 171K
    wafls.png
    909 x 263 - 595K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

Flying Foxes that live in the Botanic Gardens come to eat the fruit off our trees in late summer, shadows in the night sky that make a swooshing sound when they fly past.

Borg - You a fellow Aussie...

Have you ever came across fireflies? Maybe not in melbs, but anywhere in your travels?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

Borg - You a fellow Aussie...

Have you ever came across fireflies? Maybe not in melbs, but anywhere in your travels?

Up around Byron Bay Lismore way yes. Glow Worm Tunnel caves at Clarence in the Wolgan Valley is a real sight as well. The only things that glow in the dark around these parts are fish in the Yarra river :lol:

edited December 1969

I heard about the glow worm tunnel! I must go see it some time :)

You see fireflies alot in films and games, always wanted to see them in real life :)

edited December 1969

The fishermen are glowing when they catch them :-P

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Squirrels are opportunistic meat-eaters. Over here... well... if they happen to come across a nest which isn't related to them by blood and mommy is not around... Nom nom nom nom.

who were the critters that eat the fermenting tree berries?

Waxwings? We had flocks of 'em cruising around the neighborhood when temperature hit -20 C. They have eaten rowans bare, I guess the next ones to go are rose bushes and hawthorn, and when it gets cold enough, maybe they'll give chokeberries a go too.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

You see fireflies alot in films and games, always wanted to see them in real life :)

I'll catch some this summer and mail them to you. No guarantee they will still flash their butts at you by the time you get them, but at least you could say you've seen them. I'll fly them first class if you pay for it, I just hope they don't get too drunk and ask the pilot if they could fly the plane because they have the experience. They can be ornery little bastards.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh sleepy. More coffee!

We have fireflies here in Austin in the late Summer. I love sitting outside, watching them as I relax with an ice cold beer! A simple pleasure of life..

Much to do this weekend! I'm finally downloading the PPro 2012 SRs and updaters, those will get done next, then I need to assemble my new computer chair, then I need to go out and buy cables to connect my music gear to my multitrack recorder, then I need to buy a new cookpan to replace the slowly dying 2 quart deep pot, then I need to play with Vicy, read the PPro 2012 manual, go through more of "Poser for Newbies" and experiment with the Shaderworks Library Manager I installed this morning!

And cook breakfast, I'm starving! Sausage in the frypan, food soon-ish I hope.

Laundry tomorrow. Urgh. No rest for the weary..

edited December 1969

Serenity, firefly class

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Spyro said:

I'll catch some this summer and mail them to you. ...
    Thanks for the offer, but please don't - introducing foreign species is an ecological nightmare. They should get stopped by Customs as being "illegal animal imports".

A bit like introducing a tentasquirrel to a wooly loach - the loach just sits there all goggly eyed and with his jaw hanging open in awe and amazement, shortly before the tentasquirrel reaches out and EATS 'im! ... ;-)

edited December 1969

What do you want, pencil-neck?

grumpy-face.jpg
    500 x 333 - 78K
    edited December 1969

You think you're so dern cute...I got my eye on you...

grouchy.jpg
    420 x 290 - 14K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Cool - the shop just crashed with Magneto "Error log record number: 690005316499" >_<. Is it working for anyone else atm?</p>

Post edited by M F M on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Cool - the shop just crashed with Magneto "Error log record number: 690005316499" >_<. Is it working for anyone else atm?</div>
    Dead as a dodo. At least I now know it's not just me, which is somewhat comforting. If little else we can be united in our misery!
This discussion has been closed.