The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    By the way, I hope Ledhead is doing okay... hope the news about the protrusion, is good.

I really thought about how to state that and the sad thing is, that is the best I could do... every way I started to write that, it sounded like I was wishing the lump good health... It's a good thing I never became a doctor, my bedside manner is terrible.

Either way, I hope Ledhead is doing well and in good spirits...

+1.

+2.

+3

I must admit you guys kinda choked me up. Thanx for showing your concern for me.

I had my autopsy done yesterday (ok it was a biopsy). I had such anxiety before they did anything. Crap like that just freaks me out. Not knowing what to expect or how much pain is involved. Talk about easy. I would rather have that done than take a crap in the morning. They did tell me not to lift anything heavy for the next 24 hours, so I asked them if they had a young nurse in training that could come home with me and help when I pee.

They told me it would be a week before I would know the results, so it probably will be after Christmas. I'll keep you all in informed. I want to say I love you guys, but hell, I don't even know you. Once again thank you. Damn I am kind of choked up.

Can absolutely empathise, I'm one amongst many that will be having a good thought for you the next few days :)

edited December 2012

Rezca said:
    I don't drink wine myself, but...

A new Nightwish item, Imaginaerum wine, will be launched during 2012. Originating from Central Spain, this wine is brave and robust by style. The label of the bottle is based on the song “The Crow, The Owl And The Dove” from the Imaginaerum album. Further information and news about the wine can be found at http://www.nightwishwine.com/ . The wine is produced in co-operation with Tuomas Meriluoto, a Finnish Master of Wine.

Tuomas Holopainen:
    “It is my personal passion for wine and this perfect marriage of music and lovely earthy delight that made us want to come up with a wine of our own. Whether it’s a romantic moment by a campfire, an occasion to celebrate Life itself or some serious Byronesque drinking, Imaginaerum Wine is what you need.”

I had to listen to some Nightwish 'cos I thought there was a swan as well, and there is playing right now:

A swan of white, she came to me
    The lake mirrored her beauty sweet
    I kissed her neck, adored her grace
    But needed nothing... (I think that's what it says)

eta why would a spellchecker change nightwish to nightwing?

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    ... eta why would a spellchecker change nightwish to nightwing?

Paid for by DC Comics? ;-)

ETA: ditto the glad tidings re biopsy process (^_^)d

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 2012

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    ... eta why would a spellchecker change nightwish to nightwing?

Paid for by DC Comics? ;-)

Oh noes, I'm in a Meatloaf song , and eeeeow :lol:

And then you took the words right out of my mouth
    Oh it must have been while you were kissing me
    You took the words right out of my mouth

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Been discussing world building with a friend most of the morning.

Fer cryin' out loud, don't tell me you ordered one of those Terraforming machines I keep seeing them selling on The Home Shopping Network... Those things suck, they barely could terraform a parking lot. I keep getting those every year from at least one of my friends and they can't even get a coating of algae going on an asteroid... Never get the Harbor Freight one either... that one doesn't even have a class M setting... How can you terraform something if it's got no earth setting!? It's actually good if you breathe methane dioxide though and okay for sulfur ketones too... but no earth setting.
    I'm oxygen biased... sorry if anyone here breathes other gases.

I'm bored... I waiting for Poser to finish a horribly bad promo render I'm making...
    ..big LOL

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    By the way, I hope Ledhead is doing okay... hope the news about the protrusion, is good.

I really thought about how to state that and the sad thing is, that is the best I could do... every way I started to write that, it sounded like I was wishing the lump good health... It's a good thing I never became a doctor, my bedside manner is terrible.

+1.

+2.

+3

I must admit you guys kinda choked me up. Thanx for showing your concern for me.

I had my autopsy done yesterday (ok it was a biopsy). I had such anxiety before they did anything. Crap like that just freaks me out. Not knowing what to expect or how much pain is involved. Talk about easy. I would rather have that done than take a crap in the morning. They did tell me not to lift anything heavy for the next 24 hours, so I asked them if they had a young nurse in training that could come home with me and help when I pee.

They told me it would be a week before I would know the results, so it probably will be after Christmas. I'll keep you all in informed. I want to say I love you guys, but hell, I don't even know you. Once again thank you. Damn I am kind of choked up.

Can absolutely empathise, I'm one amongst many that will be having a good thought for you the next few days :)
    ...add me to that list.. Do your best to have a good holiday in the meantime.

edited December 1969

My efforts with Genesis today:

CFF.jpg
    533 x 713 - 118K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 2012

@ps1borg:
    Hehe yup that's what it says :)
    Is from the same song that the design on the wine is from too.

A crow flew to me
    Kept its distance
    Such a proud creation
    I saw its soul, envied its pride
    But needed nothing it had

An owl came to me
    Old and wise
    Pierced right through my youth
    I learned its ways, envied its sense

Don`t give me love
    Don`t give me faith
    Wisdom nor pride
    Give innocence instead

Don`t give me love
    I`ve had my share
    Beauty nor rest
    Give me truth instead

A dove came to me
    Had no fear
    It rested on my arm
    I touched its calm, envied its love

(repeat ch.)

A swan of white she came to me
    The lake mirrored her beauty sweet
    I kissed her neck, adored her grace
    But needed nothing she could give

Love the song a ton, but it's not the sort I'd listen to over and over.

eta I have no idea. =P
    Also Swansong was a song of theirs (Lulz spellcheck approves of it) and they mention Swansong as a term in a few of their other songs, like Slaying the Dreamer.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Also some cats.

Couch_Party_1_by_edwardvb.jpg
    1024 x 1088 - 293K
    le_trois_mousquetaire_by_sulgherudc-d30j9dq.jpg
    600 x 677 - 118K
    edited December 2012

Rezca said:
    Also some cats.

Furry cuteness of the wow kind, you can tell they want to grow up to rule the world :)

Oh PS yes it is a real good song, I'm not much of a drinker either :)

edited December 1969

Gentle rain and coolness in our garden tonight, there are thick low clouds lit orangey-purple from the city lights drifting over rooftops. And quiet, not even the shriek of a car alarm or octosquirrel causing a stir, only a swell of city traffic distantly, like a receding tide :)

edited December 1969

"There is a professor in my noodles!!"

Daww such a cute raptor X3
    He seems a bit annoyed though...

oh_look_theres_a_professa_in_my_noodles__by_raptor85-d4yn626.jpg
    663 x 900 - 173K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

i still don't understand rendering for lines per inch vs dots(or pixels) per inch.

even when people try to explain, it's like, say what?

As I understand it, lines per inch is a setting for halftones - as opposed to pixels, which are used by screens, and dots, which define the physical spacing of ink drops. I believe the advice is to make your PPI about twice your LPI, the LPI will generally be much lower then the pronter's DPI as it takes an area of several ink dots to allow for the required variation in size to get a proper halftone screen that can show a decent number of levels of grey. That didn't help at all, did it?

say what?

when i do the autoset for lines per inch to 'best', it resamples resolution from 72 to 800

Actually, it isn't being resampled - the pixel count stays the same. But it is setting the PPI to twice the LPI, 800 and 400 respectively, which is a very high number. What are you trying to do?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

+1.

+2.

+3

...add me to that list.. Do your best to have a good holiday in the meantime.

Adding another echo.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

i still don't understand rendering for lines per inch vs dots(or pixels) per inch.

As I understand it, lines per inch is a setting for halftones - as opposed to pixels, which are used by screens, and dots, which define the physical spacing of ink drops. I believe the advice is to make your PPI about twice your LPI, the LPI will generally be much lower then the pronter's DPI as it takes an area of several ink dots to allow for the required variation in size to get a proper halftone screen that can show a decent number of levels of grey. That didn't help at all, did it?

say what?

when i do the autoset for lines per inch to 'best', it resamples resolution from 72 to 800

Actually, it isn't being resampled - the pixel count stays the same. But it is setting the PPI to twice the LPI, 800 and 400 respectively, which is a very high number. What are you trying to do?

I've never gone over 300dpi... 800?!? God! Why would you need 800? Unless your designing an image to be printed and stuck to a huge Jet Airline (In which I don't think those prints are even clear when your close up to them.)

I use 300dpi with my digital paintings which are really quite big. 72dpi is generally default for photos I think.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

A jet airline? Who can read those when the plane is flying? It is for people waiting at the gate but they are not very close to the plane.

edited December 1969

Posters and such have lower resolutions, since they are intended to be viewed from a distance. The high setting would be for a very high-quality art book, I'd think.

edited December 1969

Posters and such have lower resolutions, since they are intended to be viewed from a distance. The high setting would be for a very high-quality art book, I'd think.

I thought so. You are so smart. Did you get a degree in being a moderator?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2012

Spyro said:

say what?

I've never gone over 300dpi... 800?!? God! Why would you need 800? Unless your designing an image to be printed and stuck to a huge Jet Airline (In which I don't think those prints are even clear when your close up to them.)

I use 300dpi with my digital paintings which are really quite big. 72dpi is generally default for photos I think.

the lines per inch seems to change the document size inches.

i making a book of renders for createspace. :)

... or does it? dang, i'm confused again.

so a render at 1920x1080 300dpi = 6.4 x 3.6 inches.

then, going into the lines per inch box, setting it to best 400 lines
    the inches stay the same
    but the pixels resample to 5120 x 2880 and 800dpi.

the createspace printers only go to 300dpi. not sure about the lines per inch.

using a render at zazzle, ... the image templates from zazzle seem to be 400 lines per inch, unless the 400 is a default value and not from the template.

pathetically confused

resolutionZ.jpg
    893 x 672 - 213K
    resolution2.jpg
    793 x 335 - 68K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 2012

there was an old George Carlin joke.

something about .. "on the plane.'
    "screw that, i'm getting in the plane"

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow. All gone now.

Been discussing world building with a friend most of the morning.

Sun is out so need to hit the road soon for a bit o' shopping before the next bout of wet (or maybe white) stuff hits.

SadieTeenLeelaFlutterbyQueen drop

lots and lots of cuteness :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,104
    edited December 1969

I have not read any of your thread at all :red:
    but Jaderail linked your poem so I just had to lipsync it
    squirrel poem reading
    and no ps1borg, I have not delved into that Mimic tute yet (must, too lazy :red: )or that little critter would have been talking better.

edited December 1969

I assume it's already far too late for this offer... =P
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/12/17/3d-world-advent-giveaway-day-17-download-daz-studio-4-5-pro-and-buccaneer-basic-for-genesis-for-free/

Well... Even if it was a one-day only thing, they do have this up now:
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/12/19/3d-world-advent-giveaway-day-19-watch-any-tutorial-on-the-cmivfx-website-for-free/

Of course, that's only useful for those few who might find use for something there ^_^
    They do have some neat videos on Blender and Cinema 4D though, Houdini as well.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I assume it's already far too late for this offer... =P
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/12/17/3d-world-advent-giveaway-day-17-download-daz-studio-4-5-pro-and-buccaneer-basic-for-genesis-for-free/

Well... Even if it was a one-day only thing, they do have this up now:
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/12/19/3d-world-advent-giveaway-day-19-watch-any-tutorial-on-the-cmivfx-website-for-free/

Of course, that's only useful for those few who might find use for something there ^_^
    They do have some neat videos on Blender and Cinema 4D though, Houdini as well.

I got the Buccaneer basic for free with that coupon. Yippies!

edited December 1969

Can I call someone a dare devil if they are reckless and an adrenalin junkie? Such as Micheal the fifth was such a dare devil because he kept trying to prove that he cannot get hard. Then RawArt introduced severed man . . . . .

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Well, at least you won't have to worry about old school vampires...

Or having someone sit close enough to give you a cold or flu. :)
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    "There is a professor in my noodles!!"

Daww such a cute raptor X3
    He seems a bit annoyed though...

Just kept meaning to say I see your Avy as a cardinal. I know it isn't, but still...
    CISD_CARDINAL.jpg
    1024 x 734 - 84K
    edited December 2012

using a render at zazzle, ... the image templates from zazzle seem to be 400 lines per inch, unless the 400 is a default value and not from the template.

pathetically confused

As far as I know, LPI is not stored in the image file - PPI is, though, and that's what you should take as your guide. As far as I can see from your screenshot the Zazzle template also uses 300PPI. So your bare render (which is assigned a value of 72PPI when you open it in PS, at least if it's a DS render - DS doesn't set a PPI value) is, if it's 1920 by 1080, about 6.5 by 3.5 inches at print resolution. How big do you want it to be? There's not much point in upsampling it a lot, if you need it bigger, as that will make a high-resolution but blurry image; there are plugins for PS that claim to do a better job of upsampling, but you are never going to get as sharp a result as rendering at the desired size in the first place.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

ESSSPRESSS-SOOO !!!

vavazooooom!
    mooooozavav!
    vavazooooom!

edited December 1969

Move over Barbie and Ken! Victoria and Micheal 5 and friends are much better. at least I don't have to rebuy Vicky every time I want a new dress for her and her friends. (maybe I want to put Mike 5 in a dress but actually I want to put freak 5 in a cocktail dress.)

This discussion has been closed.