Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think its a good choice for a lot of people, there are really good life skills to be learned in the military.  My husband was in the Navy.  It was good for him too. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Is it me or is it just hot? This is my snow day image.

Da King

Enchanted Muticia

Enchanted Muticia

The Wrong Guide

Greybro Orc

Viki O

Love the Wrong Guide.  The colors are perfect for the mood. The orc and the armour are stunning.  I haven't had a chance to render the orc yet although I did do the armour yesteday.  Stunning set for sure.

Wish I was on the beach right now...

Love the Wrong Guide.  The colors are perfect for the mood. The orc and the armour are stunning.  I haven't had a chance to render the orc yet although I did do the armour yesteday.  Stunning set for sure.

There were some little issues with the armor I found and I think an update has already been issued. Had to get the Orc via manual download because it would never fully install from Connect. I've seen this with a few of JC's creatures. It must have something to do with the packaging because the files are all there in the manual zip.

Evolving the character

Greybro said:

There were some little issues with the armor I found and I think an update has already been issued. Had to get the Orc via manual download because it would never fully install from Connect. I've seen this with a few of JC's creatures. It must have something to do with the packaging because the files are all there in the manual zip.

Ah I don't use Connect I use DIM or I manually install.  And the armour is promo work so it was installed manually.  Just got it yesterday though so I am guessing the fix was already done.

I like the color of her bikini better in the second one, it sets of her skin better.  I'm not commenting on anything else that may or may not have evolved.  Might just be the angle lol.

This one kind of went off in a Kardasian direction I'm afraid but it was fun. I rebuilt the character from different photos.

A fun little client graphic I got commissioned to do this afternoon based on some very specific ideas he had.

1/2 of a new commission comp type image to represent a script. This one took me about 9 hours to create since I had to track down period items and to avoid paying $69 for the subjects and my clients uncle/s specific plane, I found a free stl which I was able to convert to an obj and import. Then flexing know-how  gleaned from editing some DS tutorial videos, I was able to create and assign surface and setup my on textures for entirely in DS. My confidence in what this software can do is really at an all time high. It's amazing. Anyways, I give you the WW2 period of this work in it's raw form.

Seearching for Heroes

Searching for Heroes

Nice!  I LOVE the last picture, very very well done.

Nice!  I LOVE the last picture, very very well done.

Thank you. It was the rare lucrative commission. I even wrote off the $70 I spent on the WW2 Soldier costume since I will no doubt have use of it again.

Haha lucrative is good! 

edited February 2018

Haha lucrative is good! 

I make more off of commissioned graphics by far than I ever did over those laborious eBook covers. :) This kind of work is not available all the time but when it is, it's nice.

Post edited by Greybro on

Another commisioned composition.

edited February 2018

Another client commissioned image. I think I have at least one DForcesimulation on the guys jacket but the rest failed here.

Post edited by Greybro on

Another character workup for a commission piece.

Those look good.  Have you tried the Cloth Dforce preset utility yet?  It actually works pretty darn good. I've had far less explosions and crashes when I use it.

Those look good.  Have you tried the Cloth Dforce preset utility yet?  It actually works pretty darn good. I've had far less explosions and crashes when I use it.

I haven't. I tried following some of the Mada tutorials but came up the the simulation failing. The error was can't find an open cl. No idea what that means.

Speedy Environment Build

Speedy Environment Build

Greybro said:

I haven't. I tried following some of the Mada tutorials but came up the the simulation failing. The error was can't find an open cl. No idea what that means.

What kind of video card to you have?

NVidia GeForce GTX 770

• Nice stuff! Love the prolific output for sure. Keep it up.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Wow Greybro!! Some really great renders and commissioned works!!1

Thank you all!