Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

Thank you, Greybro. I will check it out when I get my current project(s) finished. Streaming and rendering, you know.... I did see your tutorials in the store. I'm still mired in the basics, but always on the lookout for the next thing I need to learn. There's so much to learn. That poster at the top, "The Blind Eye Looks Within" caught my eye, too. Your stuff is stellar, and I have to say that it's nice when a PA is so personable/approachable. I went with a certain much cheaper version of facial creation software. I made some interesting things with it, but it doesn't even compare to that one you're using. One more tool to go on the list of things I still wish I had. I still have to learn all the other tools I have managed to get my hands on. I debated getting it before, but as you said, the price is a bit intimidating. However, seeing what you do with it has convinced me. It's now just a matter of when. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Thanks Wanderer. I feel the same. There's always something to learn. BTW, if anyone wants to check out my officially unreleased short Sci Fi Western......

The Blind Eye Looks Within - Workprint from Brent Bowers on Vimeo.

Still grinding. In other news, I got a new full time job and will be having a less time to render in the immediate future.
    Dusty

Congrats! Hope it's a good one. 

edited March 2018
    Wanderer said:

Less than half the money I used to make and more hours. But it's not in IT thank the good Lord. I'm done with bankers and their ilk forever. Maybe in this new job I can interact with some decent human beings for a change. I'll be driving a delivery route and more or less managing myself. Lots of alone time in the vehicle to think about all the renders I'm not making or maybe learn spanish or something. I've been off contract for a year last week so I welcome it. I thrive on structure.

Also, I'll be in a position to make an immediate impact on this new company. That's exciting to me.

Post edited by Greybro on
    edited March 2018

Wonder Woman: W.I.P.
    Wonder Woman

Post edited by Greybro on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    Greybro said:
    Wanderer said:

Less than half the money I used to make and more hours. But it's not in IT thank the good Lord. I'm done with bankers and their ilk forever. Maybe in this new job I can interact with some decent human beings for a change. I'll be driving a delivery route and more or less managing myself. Lots of alone time in the vehicle to think about all the renders I'm not making or maybe learn spanish or something. I've been off contract for a year last week so I welcome it. I thrive on structure.

Also, I'll be in a position to make an immediate impact on this new company. That's exciting to me.

Congrads on the new job first of all but pooh on the not having time to do your art!!!

We are sure going to miss you around here till your return (I hope)

That is exciting. Well, we all make choices. Sounds like at least you're moving in a better overall direction. Audio books can be your friend, not unlike Google. You'd be amazed at how much a difference they make. Love your Linda Carter WW.... that is so.. frickin'.. awesome it isn't funny! Keep it up! Just do yourself a favor - if your health permits, get plenty of exercise to help offset time sitting and the strain that may be placed on your lower back. Swimming pool time and walking are good at the very least, especially walking in the pool - constant resistance. I used to have a very long daily commute. Lack of balance forced me to leave it.

Greybro said:
    Wanderer said:

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats on the new job!  Its always hard to balance income versus stress level.  I think its a wise choice if this is a better fit for you, the health problems that stress can cause are just not worth a bigger pay check most of the time.  I'm sad you won't have as much time to render though!

Another Facegen character, this time based on my own daughter, Summer.

Blast Girl

Well the month of grunt work has paid off, literally. Today I laid down $2,600 for my back taxes. Disaster averted. Back to freelance on Monday. I had some fun in the warehouse and driving the delivery route but unlimited hours for a tiny salary is not for me. I earn as much in 4 hours per day, 5 days per week working for myself as this guy paid me for essentially unlimited hours some weeks running up 57 hours. If you're think that's not exactly legal you're on the right track. Turning in my notice on Sunday.

Oh she is gorgeous! 

Glad disaster has been averted!   Taxes suck.  My husband just went back to being self employed last year.  Tax time was not fun.

I actually make more money doing the self employeed thing but it's irregular and I just needed to knock out about 3K of taxes going back to 2016, which I was able to do working in a warehouse and driving a delivery van for a month. I gave the guy my noticed today and agreed to drive for 2 more weeks for him. Then things will be back to normal artwork wise.

Not being around to peruse this site daily has saved me $$$$$. Not telling how much $$$. If you kind of miss the opening day hype it's a bit different rolling in after the fact and looking at a new shape or promotion a week or so after it's release.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

I've just been looking through this thread and seeing your awesome renders and how you have progressed.  Very nice work!

themidget said:

I've just been looking through this thread and seeing your awesome renders and how you have progressed.  Very nice work!

Thank you.

The producer I'm working with on my new album is a guy I've known since High School. His name is Gabriel "Gabe."

After multiple Attempts, I've finally got a semi life-like character via Facegen. This one is from Genesis 2's chasis.

Gabe

Gabe

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Greybro said:

Well the month of grunt work has paid off, literally. Today I laid down $2,600 for my back taxes. Disaster averted. Back to freelance on Monday. I had some fun in the warehouse and driving the delivery route but unlimited hours for a tiny salary is not for me. I earn as much in 4 hours per day, 5 days per week working for myself as this guy paid me for essentially unlimited hours some weeks running up 57 hours. If you're think that's not exactly legal you're on the right track. Turning in my notice on Sunday.

GOOD! working 50-60 hours is pointless, as an artist's time is MUCH more valuable and should not be spent working for some worthless company/boss...Othewise the degenerate f^<k would have already paid you a decent enough wage to begin with!...Sorry, but I'm extremly passionate about this!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Sorry the job didn't work out for you but happy you were able to address your taxes. I love your render of the coming out the door. That DOF is awesome and so is the character's stance. 

Greybro said:

GOOD! working 50-60 hours is pointless, as an artist's time is MUCH more valuable and should not be spent working for some worthless company/boss...Othewise the degenerate f^<k would have already paid you a decent enough wage to begin with!...Sorry, but I'm extremly passionate about this!

You are of course entirely correct. I had an ulterior motive in helping out as well. I wanted to see if that type of work was something I could swing at 48. Turns out, I was able to handle it. As as result I'm going to be purchasing a bread route territory which is extremely lucrative. I couldn't have made this move with knowing for sure I could handle the physical aspect of it.

This won't stop my art by any means.

Novica said:

Sorry the job didn't work out for you but happy you were able to address your taxes. I love your render of the coming out the door. That DOF is awesome and so is the character's stance. 

Thank you. I'm a suck for DOF camera angles.

Carrying on with some more Gabe renders.

Standup

Full

LOve the Cello render!  Beautiful pose and lighting! 

Its always nice to know you still got it lol.

Thanks. That's an old Poser product from Darkworld called, "Contrabasso"

LOve the Cello render!  Beautiful pose and lighting! 

Its always nice to know you still got it lol.

Late Summer

Man, between you and themidget, I'm becoming more and more convinced I've got to get Facegen to learn. Sorry about the job. Glad you're able to do what you love and that the disaster was averted. As always, I love to see your work.

Wanderer said:

Man, between you and themidget, I'm becoming more and more convinced I've got to get Facegen to learn. Sorry about the job. Glad you're able to do what you love and that the disaster was averted. As always, I love to see your work.

Yeah FaceGen will never disappoint.

Hey, you may have missed it. That whole job ordeal was an experiment to see if I could hack a tough phyiscial job before investing in a bread route. Everything went well and I start the new business on Thursday. It's all grand!

Oh yeah? I'm sorry I missed that part, BUT I'm very happy to hear that things are definitely looking up. That must be exciting! Just keep making art, whatever you do!

I'm going to be sharing some of the funnier moments from my transition to IT coder at a computer monitor to Bread Distributor as I cannot imagine a more opposite direction to move in from that old career. Sometimes it makes for fun little anecdotes, many of which might feel a bit like inside jokes. In any case it's still all Daz Studio and Comic Life 3 so perhaps some may find it interesting. It's fun to make.

Bread Kingdom 00

Page 01

Bread Kingdom 01

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am really liking this @Greybro thus far, can not wait to see more of the TASTY CAKEEEE!!!