Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

The Blind Eye Looks Within official One Sheet. BTW, this film debuets tomorrow night at the Mad Monster party horror con in Charlotte, NC at 7 pm. If you happen to be there grab me and say, "Hi."

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Greybro said:

NVidia GeForce GTX 770

Is it updated to the newest version?  The only reason I'm asking is that its the message I kept getting with my older video card and it was too old to update.  But yours doesn't sound as old as mine.

edited February 2018

The final version of this one.

Yankee

Post edited by Greybro on

Real life has slowed me down. Back to fantasy rendering world NOW! The Edward 8 Pro Bundle is DOPE! That is all!

Long Live The King

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    Greybro said:

Real life has slowed me down. Back to fantasy rendering world NOW! The Edward 8 Pro Bundle is DOPE! That is all!

Wow what an amazing render Greybro he looks so royal!!!

Greybro said:

Wow what an amazing render Greybro he looks so royal!!!

Thank you. That's pretty much out of the box on well everything but I setup that camera. That's about it. :)

edited February 2018

The Les Garner/ Sixus 1 created Brento Hair The Brento character is made by myself using Facegen.

The Tree Swing

Really great shot of Edward the king there.  And love that hair, nice character too he looks very real world.

Really great shot of Edward the king there.  And love that hair, nice character too he looks very real world.

It looks like a much younger. leaner me. :)

Greybro said:

It looks like a much younger. leaner me. :)

I know the feeling! I have a couple renders that might actually have been me at one point lol.  Beautiful eyes!

Battle Queen

Wow that's gorgeous.  What outfit is that?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,149

Your last two fantasy renders are awesome.

Thanks Ya'll. Thats The Warrior Queen outfit.

I don't know how I missed that one.

Oh, heck. I got DForce to work on one of my machines!

Click Bang

Caster Lives

My first decent looking FaceGen character on the G8 Chassis!

Caster Lives

edited March 2018

Nova frequents a nearly deserted neighborhood grocery as the skeleton crew preps for restocking overnight.

Nova Shops At Night

More FaceGen work with G8

Working up new characters for my comic strips is one of my fav DS related activities. This is Clara from the strip called, "CAPTAIN Watson, Actually." This panel is from her introduction where she smashes her foot over the captains heavy floor art, again. Rest assured she'll have a few choice words for him. The outfit which is called, "Helena Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s),"  which was free in the March Madness though I did buy a cheap texture addon for it. How much do I love bring forward clothing for old figures? Ahhh, it warms the heart. The hair is Vidal Braids for Genesis 2 Female(s) updated with the amazing Ultimate Hair Shaders for IRay, and the base is of course Monique 7. She's posed in FG's Dean's office which really turned out to be a great and veryh complete cheap environment, also from the MM.

Clara

Ouch!  That looks really heavy!  Great looking model and fantastic expression on her face. 

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

The facegen characters are coming out fantastic, i too am loving the new update and back to playing some. I really like the guy with the beard! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Great work with the facegen program Greybro they really do look like real people!!

I also love your comic character she is beautiful!

Great work with the facegen program Greybro they really do look like real people!!

I also love your comic character she is beautiful!

Thank you. 

The facegen characters are coming out fantastic, i too am loving the new update and back to playing some. I really like the guy with the beard! 

Thanks. FG is great fun!

More FaceGen fun!

Leap For It!
    Leap For It

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

Man, I really like your work and you have some epic stuff in here. But this one is my all-time fave.... That doesn't look like Swidhelm's famous (but now aging) version, or is it? Did you tweak it if so? No, it cannot be. Do you mind sharing where you got it? Did you do that one yourself? I didn't see if it was already mentioned. If so, I apologize. I don't usually pry, but this is so awesome. You've got a lot of great stufff in here. I don't know enough to be able to say why, just that I like it. Of all the stuff you've done, I have to say your work in facegen is really cool. Actually makes me really consider giving it a go myself because you've inspired me. I've only just started getting active on the forums recently, and there you are. So, hello and keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more. I feel like I'm getting an education just looking at your art.

Greybro said:

Ripley's Run
    This one actually won two different contests and was recognized here at Daz. I'm a huge fan of the franchise. BTW, this is my final post of the year. Try not to sink into a deep depression over that sad fact! 2017 will be better in every possible way.
    Ripley's Run

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited March 2018
    Greybro said:

Long Live The King

He looks very regal, wonderful job!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2018

Thanks Wanderer. Very kind comments indeed. To be entirely honest I am not 100% sure where I got that Alien. From time to time, I'll go back through the old Poser runtimes to find something cool to bring forward to DS and setup for IRay and I think that is the case here.

FaceGen inspires me on an ongoing basis. It was one of my most useful expensive purchases I've ever made. The price originaly turned me off but once I got it I realized the value of it.

One of my favorite things to do just for fun is to go back to an live action film of mine and final behind the scenes photos that will allow me to create a Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 version of that person as the character from the film. Let me give you a small example. So, I give you my web series pilot that never got off the ground. It's called Respawner. You can watch it here.

Respawner from Brent Bowers on Vimeo.

This was the first thing I ever wrote and directed so be gentle with your expectations. Anyways, we took a lot of behind the scenes photos. Utimately by photoshoping ad few images shot at entirely the from angles for FG, such as this for example. I eventually was able to create a reasonable likeness to the lead actress. By the way, in the image below the entire set is built of primatives in Daz Studio. I have a 3 part series of tutorials on this subject elsewhere but if you ever see anything you'd like to know how I created it in any of these, I'm always glad to share the how to's!

Alexa from Respawner

Leap

Wanderer said:

Man, I really like your work and you have some epic stuff in here. But this one is my all-time fave.... That doesn't look like Swidhelm's famous (but now aging) version, or is it? Did you tweak it if so? No, it cannot be. Do you mind sharing where you got it? Did you do that one yourself? I didn't see if it was already mentioned. If so, I apologize. I don't usually pry, but this is so awesome. You've got a lot of great stufff in here. I don't know enough to be able to say why, just that I like it. Of all the stuff you've done, I have to say your work in facegen is really cool. Actually makes me really consider giving it a go myself because you've inspired me. I've only just started getting active on the forums recently, and there you are. So, hello and keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more. I feel like I'm getting an education just looking at your art.

Greybro said:

Ripley's Run
    This one actually won two different contests and was recognized here at Daz. I'm a huge fan of the franchise. BTW, this is my final post of the year. Try not to sink into a deep depression over that sad fact! 2017 will be better in every possible way.

Thanks. That is a fantastic character and outfit. I feel like the tiny contribution I made to this render was minimal.

Novica said:
    Greybro said:

Long Live The King

He looks very regal, wonderful job!