The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Fell at least this exported nicely. Exported this freebie out as an FBX and the rig was nearly perfect. Only the toes on the feet did not have any weighting (Which makes for some odd posing XD ), which is more or less the same troubles i have with my raptors and their "Big Toe" after the Auto-Weights get applied =P

Surprisingly, the arms and fingers were rigged beautifully when I imported it. That's very rare!

elf.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hey that looks good :)

edited December 1969

wahhh, paid now for a pc month. it reset my counter as of today.

i can't catch a win.

Aw, no fair. Think the monthly freebee fantastic vehicles are so teh cute though :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Had to post this. Posted in another thread , in another forum, but I think it could count as a snow bikini

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=40919_CcoLqgJe8SsdUbndtAGS&board_id=1

edited December 1969

Big laugh from me :lol:

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Cinema has better modeling tools than both Carrara and Hexagon, but falls short when compared to Modo and Lightwave.

I'd look at VertexPusher's Cinema tutorials - his series on MoGraph was AMAZING.

C4D's stability is one other bonus.

@ps1borg: No not at all - I just don't have the practice ^_^
    Cinema's the second time I've rigged anything, the first being Carrara whose tools would randomly stop working, or affect stuff it shouldn't, and were very much clunky.
    I can't personally agree that LW is easier than it looks, unless of course you want to compare that to Maya or 3DSMax in which case yes Lightwave is easier than it seems.

yes C4D looks and feels like a well put together program, but you have to get the studio version to have all the features included in LightWave and Modo. which is a shame because I liked the interface but I'm not spending 3k for it. going through the Modo youtube vids now, its on sale till the 31st ($717 u.s) which makes it cheaper than C4D prime right now.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    dilemma. this is the year i was gonna save every penny to buy a car.

but, i wanna stop for dinner and a cannoli tonight. and take a taxi home, cuz bad weather is starting.

picked out a car to help me focus :)

...this is more my speed...

Dont drive but do appreciate chrome goodness :)

sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
    vroooommmmm

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Had to post this. Posted in another thread , in another forum, but I think it could count as a snow bikini

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=40919_CcoLqgJe8SsdUbndtAGS&board_id=1

fashion statements. :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

yes C4D looks and feels like a well put together program, but you have to get the studio version to have all the features included in LightWave and Modo. which is a shame because I liked the interface but I'm not spending 3k for it. going through the Modo youtube vids now, its on sale till the 31st ($717 u.s) which makes it cheaper than C4D prime right now.

Well that depends on if you want to buy the program once and pay for upgrades if/when you feel like it, or do it via subscription.

Studio is about $3,600 like you said, but with their Service Agreement it's around $620. If an update is released during the year you are subscribed you get it for free. And no you do not get locked out of your license if you don't or can't pay by the next renewal ^_^

It's like the Platinum Club here I guess =P
    Only reason I haven't subscribed is I haven't gotten around to it yet.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

but, i wanna stop for dinner and a cannoli tonight. and take a taxi home, cuz bad weather is starting.

vroooommmmm

Buses go better with chrome drop

PB104.jpg
    1500 x 938 - 264K
    edited December 1969

Oooh soo pretty! And is our dear Millennium Dragon too X3

dragongold1fb.jpg
    960 x 600 - 558K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Render DROPS to all. Rezca nice Stuff, Ps1borg nice Bus chrome, I think the rear building needs some window love but still nice.

Now todays Complaint: Wooly got screwed by his roomy, KK can not catch a break 3D wise, Misty really needs that car, Kulay needs more than I can remember, I need my Brother to get his BUTT off his shoulders. He was the one who got Drunk X-Mas Eve and showed it not me. Not speaking to me now because I spoke the truth. Big Jerk.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Oooh soo pretty! And is our dear Millennium Dragon too X3

hehe a glowy midas touched draggy - fire and water is always so evocative hey :lol:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Rareth said:

Well that depends on if you want to buy the program once and pay for upgrades if/when you feel like it, or do it via subscription.

Studio is about $3,600 like you said, but with their Service Agreement it's around $620. If an update is released during the year you are subscribed you get it for free. And no you do not get locked out of your license if you don't or can't pay by the next renewal ^_^

so with a service agreement the software is only $620 for studio this is yearly right? thats not bad, how often are there updates

going through the coffee mug tutorial in the modo manual, so far so good, some bits I like better than C4D, and some bits I don't. so right now I am at the 6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other point of the decision process regarding which interface I like better..

edited December 2012

Rareth said:
    Rezca said:
    Rareth said:

so with a service agreement the software is only $620 for studio this is yearly right? thats not bad, how often are there updates

going through the coffee mug tutorial in the modo manual, so far so good, some bits I like better than C4D, and some bits I don't. so right now I am at the 6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other point of the decision process regarding which interface I like better..

MAXON typically has an update every year. They haven't steered off that tradition yet.
    One of the nice things Cinema and Lightwave has that Modo doesn't is a large plugin community. One of my favorites is InterPoser Pro - which seems to be a bit more sophisticated than Poser Fusion for LW and Maya (At least in my experience). Cinema's cloth seems a bit lacking compared to Blender's and Maya, but that's only from what I've read.

Teaser video for VP's MoGraph training: http://vimeo.com/39669832
    That tornado and the card trick were two of my favs.
    Course, when I look at the text halfway through I always get surprised. Goes from regular text into a heart oO A solid one too - not just the text arranged in the outline of one

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

vroooommmmm

Buses go better with chrome drop

and Roçinanté sailed on her final flight to Cygnus
    ... :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

and i just used up two hours of my life points at cheezeburgz :)

kai.jpg
    500 x 549 - 49K
    squir.jpg
    498 x 498 - 59K
    bunny.jpg
    500 x 375 - 41K
    hammie.jpg
    412 x 512 - 50K
    edited December 1969

phasers to stuns lolz?

dinner.jpg
    500 x 332 - 41K
    who.jpg
    500 x 300 - 59K
    spock.jpg
    500 x 342 - 32K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Hey Woolyloach, please post a short message saying that you arrived safely at your new living arrangements.

I wanted to install some bikinis last night but I got sick. I'll install them now. I still haven't installed all of my V4 items after I reinstalled Windows XP. I would upgrade to Windows 7, but my computer is too old. It has a 64 bit processor though.

Bye

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I got a message from WL last night that he got moved into his new quarters and is okay.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

As Annie noted, I'm pretty much moved into my temporary place. Some stuff has been left in the old room as it's not temperature senstivie and can just sit there until the electric is restored. All 3 guitars, 2 laptops, my Android tablet, and the sensitive recording gear is safely ensconced in a space in the temporary place. I took time off work this morning to make a pass over my stuff, which is why I haven't posted until now.

The damage isn't as bad as I feared.. apparently the firemen showed up in a couple of minutes and put the thing out in record time. The breaker bod, the drywall around it, the living room ceiling drywall and a pile of dishonored housemates memorabilia are (literally) toast. About 1/2 the food in the fridge is gone, but the frozen stuff stayed frozen so the total loss there (for me) is about $100. The outer walls are intact and not badly damaged so the house is still OK for security and keeping things out of the worst of the weather. I have some blurrycam pics of the ripped up ceiling I'll post when I can find the USB cable for the camera.

There's some smoke damage and a bunch of the living room furniture needs cleaning., but the landlady's insurance will cover that as well as smoke cleaning clothes and such. My stuff doesn't smell too bad but it's going to need a washing run!

The plan is to restore electric to the place first, then clean it, then move me back in while they finish up all the drywall work and repair/replace/clean the furniture that survived. With luck, since things are moving so fast, I'll be back in my old place in a week or so!!! :)

The source of the fire? So far it appears to have started in the breaker box. From what my landlady has discovered, Dishonored Housemate decided to try to "fix" the dead breaker in the middle of the night after being told to leave it alone, caused something to arc and fuse, and THAT eventually overheated and started the fire. It's considered an "accident" so insurance is going to cover all the structural and furniture damage.

No idea where Dishonored Housemate will end up, and I'm fresh out of sympathy for him.

So that's how things stand. I have a warm place to sleep and eat, a TV and Internet, my gear is safe, and things proceed at a fast clip. The only minor issue is that I'm in a place where 4 of us share the same bathroom and getting a shower is logistically complex (heh). The kitchen is small so I'm only going to cook on weekends, I'll be eating out a lot until I get back into the old place. Fortunately there are tons of places that serve low-carb food, so I'm not going to take a health hit.

I'll update as things change!

edited December 1969

uh oh 5.2 magnitude quake in the mid-atlantic ridge

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

the end of the world might've been off by a few days.

edited December 1969

Bikini drop..

snow-bikini.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 651K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE ...

Good to hear everybody seems to be atop everything (^_^)d.

Installed some snow, installed some bikinis, installed some skyboxes... then got distracted installing Aiko3, Mulberry, Lotus for A3 and Neyjour's Funky Blue for Lotus (the very first outfit that got me into DS in the first place, waaay back in DS-1.3 days ~_~), and playing around with modern shaders >_<. Ah well, there's always tomorrow -_-.</p>

edited December 1969

first Modo model and render test.

Mode-test1.JPG
    720 x 480 - 153K
    edited December 1969

One thing I liked about Cinema when I first started using it was the manual built in. Right click on virtually anything, any setting or dial that you can adjust, and it brings up the subject in the help manual, often with images accompanying it.

Ooh and pretty render by the way =)

Ahh that's another thing, is that Cinema's UV Mapping tools and model painting tools are quite old. Better than Carrara's by an immense amount, but quite a ways behind Modo.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    One thing I liked about Cinema when I first started using it was the manual built in. Right click on virtually anything, any setting or dial that you can adjust, and it brings up the subject in the help manual, often with images accompanying it.

Ooh and pretty render by the way =)

Ahh that's another thing, is that Cinema's UV Mapping tools and model painting tools are quite old. Better than Carrara's by an immense amount, but quite a ways behind Modo.

my biggest gripe right now with Modo is the default viewport camera does not point at 0,0,0 but else where, hoping there is a setting to fix that, manual is 1800+ pages...

edited December 1969

pretty renders. still wishing for a Vray for Poser.

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    WOOLY STATUS UPDATE ...

Good to hear everybody seems to be atop everything (^_^)d.

Installed some snow, installed some bikinis, installed some skyboxes... then got distracted installing Aiko3, Mulberry, Lotus for A3 and Neyjour's Funky Blue for Lotus (the very first outfit that got me into DS in the first place, waaay back in DS-1.3 days ~_~), and playing around with modern shaders >_<. Ah well, there's always tomorrow -_-.</div>

:luv: :luv: :luv: Aiko3 :luv: :luv: :luv:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

As Annie noted, I'm pretty much moved into my temporary place.

Who is Annie? I think I missed her post.

Thanks for the update. I never heard of a circuit breaker catching fire before. What is ironic is that the circuit breaker is supposed to prevent electrical accidents. Glad you are safe now. Talk to you later.

Bye

This discussion has been closed.