The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

tee hee hee - woah noooes http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=77673
    "eat me". omgee. "bite me" wouldn't sound so ... fatalistic

Perhaps is on the menu at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe :lol:

edited December 1969

Now downloading FCPro trial to make sure everything installs OK...taps foot...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,986
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    dilemma. this is the year i was gonna save every penny to buy a car.

but, i wanna stop for dinner and a cannoli tonight. and take a taxi home, cuz bad weather is starting.

picked out a car to help me focus :)

...this is more my speed...

Dont drive but do appreciate chrome goodness :)

sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
    vroooommmmm

Buses go better with chrome drop

...and whitewalls add that extra bit of class.

(this is why I need to learn modelling)

cont_trailways_super_gldn_eagle.jpg
    600 x 390 - 43K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

That's a serious Bus, would love to take a trip on it sometime just to stand in the bendy bit as it goes around a corner. It would be what, 40 feet long? *wild guess*

edited December 2012

...actually the Super Golden Eagle (built for Trailways by a German firm) were about sixty feet long.

The one interesting thing is in spite of their extreme length, they actually had a better turning radius than a standard 40 - 45 foot bus.

We used to have 55 foot bending buses here in Portland but they were built by Ikarius of Hungary and suffered from numerous quality control issues. Also due to the ADA, they had to be lift equipped and the only place to install the lift was at the first rear door which meant the driver had to lock the parking brake, get out of the driver's seat, and go back to operate the lift, a very time consuming process that often resulted in buses being very late. The whole experience soured our transit commission on this type of bus so bad that they won't even consider looking at other (and better built) models. There are also "low rider" versions that use a simple extendible ramp instead of the more complicated electric/hydraulic lift.

Meanwhile in Seattle to the north about two thirds of the fleet are articulated buses, including "trackless trolley" versions.

It was actually more fun to stand instead of sit in the bending section as it also articulated up and down so the bus could negotiate hills.

Our light rail trams also are articulated but the turns and grade changes are not as extreme as a bus deals with. The articulated section is also longer than on a bus (and doesn't have the "squeezebox" look) as it contains the car's centre wheel bogie.

edited December 2012

Awesome. A lot of the trams in Melbourne are articulated, just not around our neighbourhood because tourists love to ride the old cast iron bone shakers for some reason so we aren't allowed to have them :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Win for me, refurbished old compy running latest software, should be good for a few years more. Is it wrong to not to want new hardware all the time?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Complaint about bieng conned.

Just bought Interjection booster for M5 SSS textures... And It's indeed called M5 Textures, but it certainly is NOT they use V4 UV's!! I only got it for M5! OMG It's even said in the description that it's all for M5 and Hitomi, yet what is supposed to be M5 is V4. I'm so pissed off.

edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    Awesome. A lot of the trams in Melbourne are articulated, just not around our neighbourhood because tourists love to ride the old cast iron bone shakers for some reason so we aren't allowed to have them :lol:

...while the new trams are more comfortable, the old ones have more character. I used to ride these daily when I lived in New Orleans Uptown as I lived less than a half block off of St Charles.

Fig. 1 A St Charles Streetcar. When I lived there in 1977, the fare was fifteen cents as the transit system (buses included) was still operated by "Public Service", the local electric utility. They were built in the 1920s and are total beasts being built from solid steel. If anything smaller than a bus or large truck tangled with one, the streetcar usually won.

Fig. 2. The old "hood looking North on Napoleon Ave (Google Screen Capture). The building in the foreground with the overhead door used to be a fire station when I lived there (I believe now it is a restaurant), the building next to it is the apartment house I lived in, and the intersection just beyond the building under renovation (which used to be a popular bar for Tulane students) is St Charles. This short distance from St Charles was the difference between paying about 800$ - 1,000$/ month (in the late 70s mind you) and 150$/month (for a nice two bedroom flat).

Pay phone calls back then were still only 5¢, so the old saying "It's your nickel" had a bit more meaning.

1507_Napolean_NO.jpg
    792 x 503 - 308K
    New_Orleans_Street_Car.JPG
    500 x 375 - 54K
    edited December 2012

The old green trams might be atmospheric but get real hot - unbearably mind bending hot - and don't cool down so locals avoid them on a warm day. The new Trams are kinda stealth transport, real quiet and camouflaged looking, but the aircon doesn't work so well most of the time for some reason, prolly the heat :) eta yes same ol' gentrification round here, except we are being built out by skyscraper apartment blocks rather than conversions.

gy.png
    261 x 173 - 88K
    green.png
    272 x 176 - 100K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint about bieng conned.

Just bought Interjection booster for M5 SSS textures... And It's indeed called M5 Textures, but it certainly is NOT they use V4 UV's!! I only got it for M5! OMG It's even said in the description that it's all for M5 and Hitomi, yet what is supposed to be M5 is V4. I'm so pissed off.

You can't lock the M5 UVs ?

edited December 2012

You set the uv set on each body part, but every texture on that body part must be the same UV. It's the very important SSS Strength textures that are V4UV instead of M5 for M5. Thus you get distortions and breakages in your textures. It's the same as using a V4 UV Diffuse texture on a character with M5 UV's selected. It goes horrible.

I attached pics of the SSS M5 Strength textures (which aren't made for M5 UV at all, they belong to V4 UV, which doesn't make sense) in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14101/ raising the issue.

To my knowledge you cant have textures on an individual body part different UV's to each other.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Oh I see, M5 model and V4 maps. Everything DSON seems to default to V4, perhaps a NVITWAS apocalypse is imminent :lol: You can always return the maps hey :)

edited December 1969

True, and it would be my first return. I'm very disapointed that it is falsely advertised, that it passed QA team and that it's hand painted beautifully along side the accompanied M5 UV'd related textures, yet it was done using V4... How could you miss it? Its so darn obvious. I've got the first Interjection as well, which supports M4, V5 and of course V4 and its brilliant! Yet M5 is left with incorrect textures, which has been sold for quite some time now.

edited December 1969

Aw. Bet is some kind of SNAFU, The returns thing goes real smooth, is there a sale ending? Takes a day or two to get the credit.

edited December 1969

Well it's 30% off atm... I sent a query to the PA of the product and also filed a bug report. So I'll see if a fix will be made withing the 30days, else I'll just go the refund. Hitomi is really no use to me, and all I wanted it for was M5... I already have V4 from the first interjection pack.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Complaint: IHOP (International House of Pancakes) Restaurants are only in the US. All 50 states and Washington D.C. This would actually make them the National House of Pancakes. When I pointed this out to the day shift manager, I was told that the food items were the "International" part. You know, Belgian waffles, etc. I still find this misleading. McDonalds is more properly international and they don't even use it in their name.
    Non-complaint: I like to eat at IHOP and Hardees mostly, although I like to spend an hour in the morning with an elderly gent having coffee at McDonalds. Then off to Hardees for a bracing breakfast of artery-clogging goodness. My big bro gifted me with $50 IHOP GC. Now added to the $25 IHOP GC and $25 Cracker Barrel GC I got $100 of free food for Christmas. Score!! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Oh great score. Had a big day with gift cards at the apple App Store but kinda cheated cos I saved up gc's from Christmas 2011 to use as well :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: IHOP (International House of Pancakes) Restaurants are only in the US. All 50 states and Washington D.C. This would actually make them the National House of Pancakes. When I pointed this out to the day shift manager, I was told that the food items were the "International" part. You know, Belgian waffles, etc. I still find this misleading. McDonalds is more properly international and they don't even use it in their name.

Wouldn't Texas count as a second country?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

:lol: Nope. not since December 29, 1845.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,148
    edited December 1969

I got a book from Amazon but it is not what I expected. It is still good, but not what I expected.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Non-complaint: I like to eat at IHOP and Hardees mostly, although I like to spend an hour in the morning with an elderly gent having coffee at McDonalds. Then off to Hardees for a bracing breakfast of artery-clogging goodness. My big bro gifted me with $50 IHOP GC. Now added to the $25 IHOP GC and $25 Cracker Barrel GC I got $100 of free food for Christmas. Score!! :cheese:

yummy IHOPs Boysenberry pancake syrup.
    i used to like going there cuz it felt like being on a mini vacation.
    can't even get there by bus naos.

edited December 1969

is M5 ticklish? where's his tickly bits?

my doggie doesn't have a thumper spot. weird, eh?

not a belly to rub around. wanna be home. freckle bellies

edited December 1969

Does oil ruin shoes? or just give them some bad smell? Anyway who is going around smelling people's feet?
    Oil somehow got spilled on my shoes. Not car oil but cooking oil. OH by the way I need an oil change.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Give us time... :smirk:

edited December 1969

Does oil ruin shoes? or just give them some bad smell? Anyway who is going around smelling people's feet?
    Oil somehow got spilled on my shoes. Not car oil but cooking oil. OH by the way I need an oil change.

hopez the trans-fat doesn't osmose through feets :blink:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Nice, free food! :cheese: :cheese:

edited December 1969

I washed the shoes with shampoo and mouth wash. I also wear socks while wearing the shoes.

edited December 1969

oh the let down. a prezzie on my desk was shaped slim rectangle like a Whitman's or Russel's chocolates box. tore the wrapping off ... wasn't anything edible or remotely chocolaty.

ooo won 10 bucks on a take5 scratchoff. i spent 2 bucks on scratchies this morning, ahead 8 bucks. when i cash it in i'll spend another 2 bucks on scratchies, so i'll be ahead 6 bucks.

edited December 2012

I washed the shoes with shampoo and mouth wash. I also wear socks while wearing the shoes.

gargle blaster mouthwash? minty fresh?

:idea: a dish washing liquid might be better to break down the oil into oblivion molecules.

if living cells just constantly divide, does that mean the first cell is still here?

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.