How is it Daz3D can reactivate a platinum account that I cancelled in August without my request for

edited January 2013 in The Commons

I just got an email telling me my credit card was charged for a platinum club subscription I cancelled in August 2012. I was issued a new billing date of 1-1-2013 that I did not request. I made it clear in August that I no longer wanted the subscription at that time or at any time in the future.

How is it that Daz3d can just arbitrarily charge me for it then? I called the 1-801-495-1777 number and demanded my money back and I asked how is it that Daz can just charge me like this without an authorization from me. The representatives I talked to told me that they cannot refund me but must email another department. I asked for a time frame but the representatice would not/could not provide me with one.

What this means to me is that the act of my trusting my account details to Daz was a huge mistake. I am very concerned about this and apparently I am victim to the when Daz gets around to correcting an unauthorized charge to my debit/credit bank card. To my way of thinking this is unacceptable. I'm not sure how to purge my details from Daz without cancelling the card to prevent any future unauthorized payments taken by Daz from my account. This a huge inconvenience to my husband and myself.

My concerns and justified demand for charge reversal have been met with apathy and incompetence.

In the meantime Daz has taken USD $69.95 from me and there is nothing I can do about but to wait.

Post edited by adamr001 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,923
    edited December 1969

The Sales department needs to deal with the refund - the person you spoke to probably wasn't able to do it (not everyone has access to user accounts, of course). If you haven't already, please open a support ticket marked for Sales, giving as much information as you can about the telephone conversation.

When you take out a subscription it creates an enduring authorisation, separate from the card details (which aren't, in any event, stored in a form DAZ can access) - to cancel a subscription you need to follow the steps here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What surprises me, is that you actually got someone on the phone today...as it is a holiday for many places, including my bank.

The real reason they may not have been able to do any more than they did, is because there was nobody else in the office. Richard may know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that there are well under 100 employees at DAZ (probably under 50), and for the most part, they do have a pretty 'normal' holiday schedule...meaning if the banks and Post Office are closed, so is the DAZ office.

It's not going anywhere/doing anything tonight...so calm down a little and go at it again tomorrow, when everyone should be back in the office.

• edited December 1969

The problem is that I did cancel this subscription properly in August of 2012 when it was suppossed to terminate. I was charged after that cancellation and then refunded.

I am boggling that I would be charged again. How many times do I need to cancel the same subscription? How many times do we need to go through with this? I haven't even been to this site since August when I cancelled before.

Do I really need to cancel my card to rest assured that Daz isn't going to charge me again out of the blue in the future? This is like the proverbial bad penny and the whole situation has ruined my holiday. I should not be stressing over this but I have to because I need the money back that Daz took without authorization for something i cancelled months ago and did not nor would not reorder because PC has nothing new to offer me that I don't already have.

I have two tickets in with Daz about this so far. The charge should have never been made because the subscription was cancelled and cancelled properly.

I am calling my bank tomorrow and my husband is beyond upset and will be seeking further advisement from the bank as to what we can do to safeguard from this kind of thing with Daz in the future.

• edited January 2013

IN AUGUST 2012:

Request #108830
    I was NOT to be charged again for Platinum Club

Rose Sxxxxxx
    August 06, 2012 01:00

I checked a few days ago to be SURE I wasn't to be charged again for Platinum Club. My account said I had no reccuring charges. Please refund the 69.95 back to my account immediately.
    Daz no longer offers anything at all I'm interested in. There are no bundle specials anymore or anything that justifies this expense. So give the money back because I did not order the club this time.
    Thank you

Rosie Sxxxxxx

Comments
    User photo
    Britney
    DAZ 3D

I have cancelled your PC Membership. I have also refunded your latest renewal fee. Please allow 3-4 business days for this refund to be processed.

Transaction 4558292229 has been successfully ACCEPTED by the system.

Below is a summary:

Transaction ID: 4558292229
    Payment Method: XXXX----
    Amount: USD (69.95)
    Customer Name: Rose Sxxxxxx

August 06, 2012 16:24

AND THEN TODAY...

Order Confirmation
    Dear Rose Sxxxxxx,
    You may download your electronic purchases by logging in to your My Account and visit the My Downloadable Products page.
    Your Order #100486473
    placed on January 1, 2013 1:23:13 PM MST
    Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Platinum Club Annual Membership
    Subscription type:
    Annual
    Subscription start:
    05/29/12 1444 1 $69.95
    Subtotal $69.95
    Grand Total $69.95

Billing Information: Payment Method:
    Rose Sxxxxxx
    PO Box 33947
    San Diego, Alabama (ADDED BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHEN DAZ RELOCATED SAN DIEGO TO ALABAMA?), 92163
    United States
    T: 000-000-0000 Credit Card Profile: MasterCard - ---- (xxxx-----)
    Credit Card Type: Mastercard

I have filed tickets #123264 and #123269

This expenditure is not in my family's budget. The money should be refunded immediately. We did not order this.

Post edited by nightsidestudio_0dc8e91a7a on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

Ada933 said:
    IN AUGUST 2012:

Request #108830
    I was NOT to be charged again for Platinum Club

Rose Sxxxxxx
    August 06, 2012 01:00

I checked a few days ago to be SURE I wasn't to be charged again for Platinum Club. My account said I had no reccuring charges. Please refund the 69.95 back to my account immediately.
    Daz no longer offers anything at all I'm interested in. There are no bundle specials anymore or anything that justifies this expense. So give the money back because I did not order the club this time.
    Thank you

Rosie Sxxxxxx

Comments
    User photo
    Britney
    DAZ 3D

I have cancelled your PC Membership. I have also refunded your latest renewal fee. Please allow 3-4 business days for this refund to be processed.

Transaction 4558292229 has been successfully ACCEPTED by the system.

Below is a summary:

Transaction ID: 4558292229
    Payment Method: XXXX----
    Amount: USD (69.95)
    Customer Name: Rose Sxxxxxx

August 06, 2012 16:24

AND THEN TODAY...

Order Confirmation
    Dear Rose Sxxxxxx,
    You may download your electronic purchases by logging in to your My Account and visit the My Downloadable Products page.
    Your Order #100486473
    placed on January 1, 2013 1:23:13 PM MST
    Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Platinum Club Annual Membership
    Subscription type:
    Annual
    Subscription start:
    05/29/12 1444 1 $69.95
    Subtotal $69.95
    Grand Total $69.95

Billing Information: Payment Method:
    Rose Sxxxxxx
    PO Box 33947
    San Diego, Alabama (ADDED BECAUSE IM NOT SURE WHEN DAZ RELOCATED SAN DIEGO TO ALABAMA?), 92163
    United States
    T: 000-000-0000 Credit Card Profile: MasterCard - ---- (xxxx-----)
    Credit Card Type: Mastercard

I have filed tickets #123264 and #123269

This expenditure is not in my family's budget. The money should be refunded immediately. We did not order this.

:ohh: not good. Me thinks it's time to head for the banks and get all those CC numbers changed, fast!

And while they may cost more in 'nickel and diming' charges, I've found the non-reloadable gift cards a great way to shop online. Nobody can put a charge on the card if there are no funds left on it.

edit to clarify: I do not believe that Daz3d would have done this intentionally. Dec was a busy, negative month, for the internet.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • hello_281345hello_281345 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To cancel your PC Membership, you must go to your My Subscriptions section on your Account Page, click edit, then click Cancel. If you are paying via credit card, this will be all you need to do. If you were paying via PayPal, you must also cancel your PayPal subscription on your PayPal account or you will continue to be charged via PayPal.
    If you have completed the following and have still been charged, please submit a help request to our Sales team, here,

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

We apologize for any mix up or confusion. Thank you for your patience.

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

It happened to me too, today. I had my PC subscription on a month-to-month basis and I suspected it to a few months ago. Today I got charged for it twice without me entering any order. This is quite disturbing.

• EfindelEfindel Posts: 8
    edited January 2013

Looks like it happened to me as well... cancelled a while back (not sure how long ago now, but multiple months), got charged today. No biggie for me, since I was on monthly, so it was only $8. Still, though, another data point for whoever might look into this.

Update - looked at my order history, and it's not mentioned there, even though I got an email today saying it was renewing. Not sure if the system is renewing it, but it hasn't gone through yet, or whether the email thing was a false alarm. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Post edited by Efindel on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Something weird is going on. I have a yearly subscription to the PC. I used to able to see when it expired (I think in April, but I'm not sure). Now I can't seem to find that information. Also, under "My subscriptions" there's a $7.95 "last order amount" listed. That should not be. I have never been a monthly member. It says "Start" and "11/30/-1" and "Monthly."

What's going on? I tried to cancel it, but when I click "edit" I get a "fatal error" message. It doesn't appear to have actually charged my credit card, but how do I make sure it doesn't (short of cancelling that credit card).

If I just do not renew my yearly PC membership, will that work to cancel it?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,470
    edited December 1969

A system is only as good as its design and its operators. A double whammy is disasterous.

I'm so glad I essentially opted out of the PlatinumClub a loooong time ago, and I never keep my credit card details here anymore I re-enter them every time. Too many "improvements" at DAZ that have given me a case of unsecurities. When I do buy anything anymore it's a quick in & out and hope and pray that some monster doesn't eat my connection, my money or my download.

• edited December 1969

DAZ_CREEK said:
    To cancel your PC Membership, you must go to your My Subscriptions section on your Account Page, click edit, then click Cancel. If you are paying via credit card, this will be all you need to do. If you were paying via PayPal, you must also cancel your PayPal subscription on your PayPal account or you will continue to be charged via PayPal.
    If you have completed the following and have still been charged, please submit a help request to our Sales team, here,

Please refer to the above post. I have posted the email there where the subscription was cancelled in August 2012.

While I appreciate the response from Admin, I find part of the problem here is that no one I've talked to is able to do anything about this. I have provided all this prior ticket and all information that should be needed.

I wouldn't be nearly as upset if someone would just simply reverse the charges. At this point, I am thinking I need to contact someone with authority over this kind of thing. When I cancelled in August 2012 all avenues to charge me again should have been eliminated. This is pure negligence.

All my attempts to solve this so far are still met with apathy and the inability and unwillingness to do more than send an email. Whom this email is being sent to I have no idea.

I feel violated. I can't even contact anyone to request all of my CC info is expunged. My husband feels we are the victims here and should not have to be further inconvenienced by changing billing information with other accounts that use our CC just because Daz's system is flawed.

I hope people think twice or three times before entrusting CC info for online subscriptions. I would have never thought this kind of thing would happen with Daz. Buyer beware I guess.

For anyone looking who may be able to read the entire complaint I've made a fresh ticket to try and get this resolved as the other two tickets have not yet been addressed. I won't stop calling until this is addressed. new ticket number is 123373

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846
    edited December 1969

Ada933 said:
    DAZ_CREEK said:

Please refer to the above post. I have posted the email there where the subscription was cancelled in August 2012.

While I appreciate the response from Admin, I find part of the problem here is that no one I've talked to is able to do anything about this. I have provided all this prior ticket and all information that should be needed.

I wouldn't be nearly as upset if someone would just simply reverse the charges. At this point, I am thinking I need to contact someone with authority over this kind of thing. When I cancelled in August 2012 all avenues to charge me again should have been eliminated. This is pure negligence.

All my attempts to solve this so far are still met with apathy and the inability and unwillingness to do more than send an email. Whom this email is being sent to I have no idea.

I feel violated. I can't even contact anyone to request all of my CC info is expunged. My husband feels we are the victims here and should not have to be further inconvenienced by changing billing information with other accounts that use our CC just because Daz's system is flawed.

I hope people think twice or three times before entrusting CC info for online subscriptions. I would have never thought this kind of thing would happen with Daz. Buyer beware I guess.

For anyone looking who may be able to read the entire complaint I've made a fresh ticket to try and get this resolved as the other two tickets have not yet been addressed. I won't stop calling until this is addressed. new ticket number is 123373

I have contacted the Customer Service Manager directly to have this looked into for you and pointed out the post here with the ticket number. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please feel free to PM me directly with any more information you feel may be necessary and I will be sure to follow up with you. Again I am so very sorry :(

• DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

For those of you who have been charged, when you believed you were cancelled. Please submit a help request to sales. We can get this resolved for you.

• CurtCurt Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting about this. I could have overlooked it for several days. I also cancelled several months ago and have not reactivated my account. I have no intention of reactivating until DAZ makes numerous changes that they do not seem inclined to do. When I cancelled the account I removed my payment information also but it looks like they retain it despite my efforts to remove it. Under my Saved Profiles it reads:
    Add a Credit Card Profile
    "No Profiles saved yet. Create one now."
    I fully intend and demand a refund as well. Another black mark in my book for DAZ!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me what happens in February when my PC subscription comes up for renewal? I still wish to renew but annually and noy monthly and not with my C/C.

I paid by C/C last year, but removed my details about 2 months ago. Also the card expires at the end of this month.

Will the payment be refused, does anyone know?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Best to ask CS, via a support ticket. Someone I know has just changed from montly to Annual, paid with store credit (ie bought a gift cert) and was helped by Customer support to make sure it all went through OK.

• SilvheSilvhe Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Removing your c/c details doesn't help, they still can access and charge it.
    I've canceled my membership back in november and until now all is ok, but I'll not hesitate a mere second to file a fraud report to my c/c company if they attempt to take money from my card

edited December 1969

But the card will have expired so surely the C/C company will refuse payment.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Yes, I think so
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    wilmap said:

Yes, I think so

If a subscription fee has been charged to the card that will remain valid until the subscription is cancelled - it doesn't need the card details to make the next payment. That's why it is important that the membership is actually cancelled, rather than the card details deleted.

edited December 1969

But I don't want to cancel my subscription I want to pay annually using a GC.

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    wilmap said:

Yes, I think so

If a subscription fee has been charged to the card that will remain valid until the subscription is cancelled - it doesn't need the card details to make the next payment. That's why it is important that the membership is actually cancelled, rather than the card details deleted.
    But when the card expires they change the CVV code (or whatever it is called) and they need it to approve the payment? Just guessing, I'm far from being an expert in this area...

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    Silvhe said:
    wilmap said:

Yes, I think so

But when the card expires they change the CVV code (or whatever it is called) and they need it to approve the payment? Just guessing, I'm far from being an expert in this area...

I believe that the payment remains valid, and can continue to be taken, though I switched my last CC subscription to direct debit before CVVs became common

edited January 2013

Looks like I will have to do as chohole suggested and contact CS before it expires and sort something out

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,382
    edited December 1969

I used a CC a while ago for Membership renewal and ticked the box no that asked if I wanted the card details saved, do I need to have this card cancelled to insure that its not used by Daz for anything. I'm still a PC member monthly and wish to use the Giftcard method of paying for my membership. How can I be sure that Daz arn't going to use this card for membership fee's this month.

edited December 1969

On your account dashboard, click on "My Subscriptions" At the left of that panel it asys "edit" click on that, on the next screen it should tell you waht the current payment method is, and also offers you an option to change the payment method..

If you have a save credit card profile as your payment method it will show it there..

edited January 2013

Under my Payment method it says Credit Card (saved Profile) I don't seem able to find a way to remove this method, and from what I'm reading here the only way to do so is to cancel my membership.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

I also have under my Payment method a Credit Card (saved Profile) plus a Change Payment button, but this doesn't do anything, so I can't change it.

edited January 2013

Yes I am raising a query about this. I clicked a couple of times on the change payment button, and got an option to add a new CC proflie, but not to change payment method to some other method.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Chohole - but this is not giving me any confidence in the state of affairs here.

This discussion has been closed.