Older product difficulties with DS4.5.1.6 - Compiled Issues

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,936
    edited December 1969

File a support ticket or make out a bug report

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Lisa's Carnation Bouquet requires Lisa's Botanical Carnations be installed. Do you have it installed as well as the Bouquet? The Bouquet packet is probably looking for required files from the original.

http://www.daz3d.com/lisa-s-botanicals-carnation

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

For this one...there is no simple fix, unless the download is one of those that has separate DS and Poser downloads with the bulk of the textures being in the Poser file.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2013

Lisa's Carnation Bouquet requires Lisa's Botanical Carnations be installed..http://www.daz3d.com/lisa-s-botanicals-carnation

I'm not seeing where it says that in the description. Two of the vases I see but not the Basket, which is why I made a point of that. The two vases aren't included but the Basket is, so they are separate issues afaik.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Lisa's Carnation Bouquet requires Lisa's Botanical Carnations be installed..http://www.daz3d.com/lisa-s-botanicals-carnation

I'm not seeing where it says that in the description. Two of the vases I see but not the Basket.

No that link is to the original LB Carnations, which you need to have installed for the LB Bouquet to work. Do you have both products? If not, you'll need to get the original LB Carnations and install them for the LB Bouquet to work.

edited January 2013

Frank0314 said:
    File a support ticket or make out a bug report

Many people, myself included are not going to file a bug report because it is way too complicated in this environment. If there was a forum dedicated to posts like this, more people would submit the issues as doing so wouldn't require a larger investment in time and frustration then they would be willing to commit. Often, I can fix or work around the issue easier then making a bug report, but that doesn't help the rest of the community.

If I am beta testing something for DAZ I can see creating an account on a bug report system. For this type of problem it is way too complicated for the average person imo and I don't see supporting the concept.

edited December 1969

Your not going to get problems with packs resolved in the forums

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

I'm not seeing where it says that in the description. Two of the vases I see but not the Basket.

No that link is to the original LB Carnations, which you need to have installed for the LB Bouquet to work. Do you have both products? If not, you'll need to get the original LB Carnations and install them for the LB Bouquet to work.

Oops. Maybe I am confused. I thought you were talking about the LB Carnation Bouquet product, which is an addon to the original LB Carnations. Sorry for the confusion.

edited December 1969

But I will at least let others in the community know there is a problem.

edited January 2013

...Oops. Maybe I am confused. ..

Oh I gotcha, I see where the confusion came from. In my first post when I referred to the bouquets, I was referring to them in the original LB Carnation, not the Bouquet add-on. I should have been more clear, but didn't think about the fact the add-on had the name that could get mixed up with what I meant ;)

The obvious solution is to have both, however I'm not currently in the PC club and can't justify $10 for the add-on atm.

It will help a great deal when the website can clearly show (actual) requirements, add-ons, etc... when looking at 'any' product.

edited December 1969

The DS 'Cherry Tree 4, Summer White' has a png file but not .daz file.

On a related note, for anyone that has but is wondering what the letter designations are, LS = Late Summer, S = Summer, ES = Early Summer... Obvious afterwards but had me scratching my head at first, so guessing it might also others, especially as the letters are jammed together with other items.

This is an official plea for PA's to use common english names in the file names as all modern operating systems can handle them. There is no reason to name something Cherry01ESP rather then 'Cherry 1, Early Summer Pink' anymore, and hasn't been for a *long* time.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You do realise that these are all quite old products. Most have been using them for a couple of years or more with no problems.

And a small request. Could you put all your observations into one thread, instead of keep starting new threads for each one.

edited January 2013

I don't see a reason to keep them in the same thread as they are separate issues. As for people using them with no issues, broke is broke... don't see what you are getting at.

edited January 2013

I am actually specifically using the word 'Borked' in all of the threads and keeping them in separate threads so that anyone searching on 'Borked' can get a list and select the one specifically that relates to their problem.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Are you downloading both the DS and the Poser files?

A lot of these older products require both. If we could see the file size before download, then if the two files are about the same size, you can download and install just the ds. If the ds file is substantially smaller, then you need both. As we can't see file size until we download, it's safest to download both.

edited December 1969

Actually, that varies a lot. In this product, the DS and Poser are around the same size. When that happens, I try just the DS version to see if it works ok. If something doesn't work, I install the Poser version to see if there was something included in that that didn't make it into the DS version. This happens at times. I am maintaining a spreadsheet with what files I needed to install to get the product working, which I may make available later if anyone wants it. (Lists versions, release dates, files needed to install for DS 4.5x, etc...)

In this case, the file is missing in both.

edited January 2013

And as all the products he has decided are "Borked" are older products, that could quite possibly be the problem. They all were originally in poser format.
    I personally have never experienced any problem with any of the files named.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2013

Please simply test before adding unqualified statements (statements made without verifying beforehand) that don't contribute anything.

edited December 1969

As already stated. File a support ticket. Complaining about it in the forums isn't going to get it fixed if there actually is a problem with it.

edited January 2013

I wasn't complaining... I was simply letting people know.

As for them being older products, they are still selling as I just bought them recently.

edited January 2013

File a support ticket. As you can see no one else appears to be having your problem, the only replies you are getting is people giving you suggestions about how to sort it out., so all you are actually doing is filling the forum up with individual threads, when common sense says that if there are actually problems, then it would be easier to deal with them if they were alll itemised in one thread with a generalised title, rather than a lot of individual threads that people are not going to go looking for.

Ypu could then even put a link to that one thread into the support ticket when and if you file it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2013

The posts where I am not specifically asking for information was simply my trying to help others identify the problem if they ran across it themselves. I am not posting these to upset anyone. As for the separate threads for separate issues, it is actually proper forum etiquette, not as was suggested, posting multiple issues in a single thread.

To be fair, I edited some of my posts as I was getting frustrated and some of what was in them didn't contribute anything positive.

The issue here is minor, as are the other ones I mentioned. I am installing a lot of products right now and testing them as I go, one at a time, so this might give an unintentional idea that there are a lot of problems, which relative to the number if items I'm installing isn't the case.

Please understand these posts if not requesting information is for for informational purposes only and by definition relatively minor as it didn't get a bug report on my part.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 1969

Gedd...

Sorry I am reading and I am now confused...

Are you asking about this product? http://www.daz3d.com/carnation-bouquet
    This product DOES mention that Lisa's Botanicals - Carnation is required. ( next to the "!" on the product page)

If this is the trouble and you can not afford to buy the original...DAZ3D is good about refunds. :)

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

When you have an issue with a product please file a bug report. https://bugs.daz3d.com
    It helps QA and it will get your issue resolved a bit faster than posting on the forums. QA doesn't always get to the forums to check for bugs.

I will take a look at the cherry trees and fix them if needed.

Thank you.

edited January 2013

No, you have it backwards (my fault though for not being clearer....) I have the original. The original comes with bouquets. Some (not all) of the bouquets are intended to be used with the add-on which I do not have. Specifically there are two vase bouquets that are aimed at the add-on. There is a Bud Vase Bouquet which works fine (the add-on gives alternative vase textures but doesn't effect the bouquet itself.) There is also a 'Gathering Basket' and a 'Gathering Basket Bouquet' in the original. The GBB is what is missing texture files but shouldn't be as it is supposedly complete within the original package from what I can see.

As an addendum, one can probably fix the GBB spec issue by figuring out which of the 3 individual spec maps mentioned above are appropriate for each of the individual flowers in the bouquet and applying them manually. That is what I intended to do at a later point in time.

Sorry for all the confusion :)

edited December 1969

Also, these are beautiful products that I definitely recommend, especially if one is in the PC club. :)

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

This is an older product and I believe at the time the textures were not included in the DS version. So you would need to install the Poser and the DS versions to get it to work correctly.

I did take a look and those are the current installers for the product. They are before version numbers so the 1_2 and 1_1 mean the number of the installer. In this case it has 2 installers.

edited December 1969

This package, for anyone considering it, has a large variety of trees and are very nice. I definitely recommend them even as is, especially if in the PC club.

edited December 1969

Thank you, is there a way I can edit the title to show 'Fixed'?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I follow Gedd's threads and check my products. In this case I only have the Poser version which is now on its third machine since it was first released.

That .pp2 exists in the Poser version.

If it does NOT exist in the Poser version (you didn't say) then the only explanation for its existence on my harddrive is that sometime prior to May 2007 I noticed it was missing, copied another Tree 4 pp2, changed the texture reference, and renamed it.