FirstBastion's Mix and Mashin' ItUp - After the prizes

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

I'll be picking the weekly "how to" in the morning tomorrow so there's a few more hours if someone wants to enter the fray. I enjoyed reading all the methodology posts thus far, and the various techniques people have been using developing their artwork. Definitely stuff worth learning.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

Sorry FirstBastion, I just couldn't let you sit here all alone.

So I decided to make quick one.

First Bastion Item used: Gallerie Bastion Spacious Interior

Poppy plantation on Mars - (What the Curiosity really saw)

How-to as pdf found here.

marspoppy.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 355K
    edited March 2013

Totte said:

Vue is pretty amazing, just look at the quality of the gravel detail. I have Vue8 Frontier but I seriously need to look at one of these Vue Complete packages.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited March 2013

Let me first off say, thank you all for taking the time and submitting into this week's contest thread. A lot of great submissions. You're all still in for the main prizes down the line.

On to the Monday morning Weekly Winner.

Bohemian3 - Mutant Primate Research Unit

Your tutorial on unlocking and tearing apart the "Flight Of Stairs" set met the criteria for "How to" coupled together
    with a fair amount of creativity. Thinking outside the box and taking chances tutorials always offer stuff to learn. I would have like a few more screen shots but the info was top notch!

Send me a PM of your product choice and I’ll get DAZ to add it to your account.
    Well Done Bohemian3!

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Vue is pretty amazing, just look at the quality of the gravel detail. I have Vue8 Frontier but I seriously need to look at one of these Vue Complete packages.
    I do describe how it's done in the how-to ;-) EcoSystem with pebbles.

edited December 1969

Congrats Bohemian3!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Congrats!!! Great how-to!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,737
    edited December 1969

Congrats Bohemian3! A wonderful tutorial and render!

edited December 1969

Hey Bohemian3, check your PMs

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

And a well written how- to it was, unfortunately the base Vue packages don't have Ecosystems without picking up the required module, so I'm thinking getting the complete version will be the best investment.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

And a well written how- to it was, unfortunately the base Vue packages don't have Ecosystems without picking up the required module, so I'm thinking getting the complete version will be the best investment.

Do that, I did the stupid buy frontier and then upgrade, cost much more, and I lacked some default content which I didn't get until Vue 10 (I took the monthly fee and free upgrades, Vue Infinite is on my wishlist, but it's so crowded and the funds ain't enough for everything on it....

edited December 1969

I hear that, definitely worth saving for, since making great art is more like an investment. It can pay you back later on.

edited December 1969

I hear that, definitely worth saving for, since making great art is more like an investment. It can pay you back later on.

Yes it is, pitty you need to die before your work with be valuable though ;-)

edited March 2013

Totte said:

Yes it is, pitty you need to die before your work with be valuable though ;-)

at least, my kids will be grateful! :-)

edited March 2013

The Second week’s “how-to” prize has been awarded. Congrats again, Bohemian3. Enjoy the Hidden Waterfall.

On with Week Three.

edited December 1969

Peeks in... :gulp:

hmmmm... :ohh:

edited December 1969

Peeks in... :gulp:

hmmmm... :ohh:

I'm working on it so far only four different sets used trying to squeeze in some more, decided I cannot let Bohemian3 win that easy ;-)
    edited March 2013

Baptism of fire

FirstBastion items used:
    Walk Across Water
    StormSewer
    Horse Show
    High cliff crossing

How to found here as pdf.

Edit: added a daylight version too

BOF-day.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 316K
    BOF.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 137K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

In the hopes of triggering some ideas. A few more non entries.

A couple of the Neighbour's pools dropped into Spacious Interior Museum set.
    Two Breaking Waves turned facing each other and re-textured with The Old Waterhole ground.
    High Cliff Crossing merged with The Hidden Waterfalls.

reality_hwhcc231160spxv3.jpg
    1100 x 550 - 609K
    ThePatrol.jpg
    800 x 480 - 217K
    poolsinmuseum.jpg
    600 x 450 - 253K
    edited December 1969

The new pools looks awesome;-)

edited December 1969

;) I hope your store will come in MM - I need something more to play with :D

edited December 1969

Unfortunately I didn't opt in to the Madness sale this month. But you have a chance to get stuff for free from my DAZ store, by participating in the contest.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately I didn't opt in to the Madness sale this month. But you have a chance to get stuff for free from my DAZ store, by participating in the contest.

I think Sedor is in a Catch-22 as he only got one item from your store ;-)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

the first time i entered the only item i had what the Gallerie Bastion Spacious Interior, i used what i had and did tutorials and picked up more items as the contest went on. So even if you only have one product you can still participate, just focus on using it in a way that is unique

edited March 2013

I can understand that. But it's not really a limitation, We all work with what we have. The three images below all use only a single product for example, Rocky Flats/Grassy Stone. http://www.daz3d.com/rocky-flats-grassy-stone

The artist are: Luci45, Cosmo 71, Scorpio64dragon submitted these during last year's contest.

There's plenty of possibilities even with a single set. And the rules are very flexible, you can use always use any other product in your runtime too.

scorpio64dragon.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 419K
    Cosmo71_1_3322958.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 96K
    Luci45_1_3347735.jpg
    1400 x 974 - 383K
    edited December 1969

I was typing while LycanthropeX commented so ditto on what he said too.

edited March 2013

I clicked back to the forum archive and Luci45 tutorial is still there on how the cliffs were assembled. This is not an entry cause it already won a "how-to" prize in last years contest. But in the spirit of education and experimentation.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3349150.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_2_3349150.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_3_3349150.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_4_3349150.jpg

edited December 1969

Hehe, I know that one item can be used in different ways, but I just want to have more items to do completely different setups - mix and match more of your products :)

But of course I will do more than the one I've already posted - the contest still runs some days :D

edited March 2013

Hey Sedor I was just suggesting some ideas for everybody, not singling you out. You know your stuff: just by having a look at your linked galleries we can see all the great images you've done, all the beautiful women. I'm just offering some suggestions and ideas hoping to see more participation. And for the record, you can never go wrong with beautiful women; as far as art goes, I mean, sure some times it can lead to folly, or... okay I'll stop now... :red:

You're right we're about halfway through the contest on Monday. Still plenty of time to enter for the main event and the weekly prizes.

:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

LOL FirstBastion, Sedor and Micky3D are the two Wizards with the best "women render fu" ;-)