FirstBastion's Mix and Mashin' ItUp - After the prizes

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

The entire image and the centaur in particular made me think of "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" movie, which frames the idea of mythic characters in modern times interestingly enough. I like the train rails running right through the trough area there. When I originally put the "Yards" together I had a lane-way passing through there but then reconsidered.

Okay, here we are, Monday morning, so the contest is now officially over. Now the judging begins. We'll need a few days to get feedback on the entries from the other judges. But it shouldn't be too long. I do want to thank you all for participating and taking the time to submit your artwork for the contest. I am very appreciative. Stay tuned.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i never saw the movie. My inspiration was mostly wanting to do something with mythic characters and then looking at the neighbors yard set :)

edited December 1969

Going through the thread, these appear to be the submissions. If I've missed something, let me know asap. (Those few images that had a B&W or color version, or a light and dark version have not been missed. )

contestlist.png
    730 x 504 - 294K
    edited December 1969

looks good to me FB

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

Looks good!

edited December 1969

Finally got all the results from the judges. Should be posting the results tomorrow, Monday.

edited December 1969

its Monday in Australia

edited December 1969

Lol Lycan, some people have monday every day ;-)

edited December 1969

now its Monday here

edited December 1969

This took a little longer than expected. But without further delay. The winners.

Grand Prize Winner:
    Bohemian3 - Mutant Primate Research Unit (mix and mash)

in the MIX and Mash it up category, wins all the items in my store.

Two Second Place winners:
    Warmblood - The Lamplighter
    LycanthropeX - Dungeon Encounter (mix and mash) or Suburban Legends

wins a choice of 5 products(choices can include the bundles in my store) plus the yet unreleased new product.

Three Third Place Winners:
    SabotSnake - The Commissar
    Totte - Baptism of Fire (mix and mash)
    Cuisle - Break of Day

win two (2) choices from my store (can include one bundle) plus the yet unreleased new product.

Honorable Mention Cinematic animation
    Ivy - New Dawn

win one (1) choice from my store plus the yet unreleased new product.

And in appreciation for participating, everyone else who entered gets a copy of my new set that is just a little behind schedule but should be released shortly or you can pick from the latest releases "Parkour Action", or "Land of Ice" , or "Farm Fencing"

Send a PM, with your name, email, and choices.

Thank you all.

edited December 1969

First, I must say thank you once again to FirstBastion for running this contest, it was really a blast, very fun. Then, I want to co gratulate Bohemian3 to the grand prize, well done and well deserved. And last, but not least, congrats to all who participated!

edited December 1969

congrats to everyone and a big thanx to FB

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331
    edited December 1969

First of all, congratulations to Bohemian3, Warmblood, LycanthropeX, SabotSnake, Totte, Cuisle and Ivy - well done!
    Then, thanks to FirstBastion for running this competition - it was a good experience to take part and especially to see the interesting and inspiring prices of work and fascinating "how-to's". And thank you so much for the incredibly generous gesture of offering a prize to all entrants, I couldn't believe it when I read that! Will PM you staright away.

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

FirstBastion, thanks for such a great contest, extremely generous prizes and most of all incredible products to work with. And thanks to the judge(s). It couldn't have been easy. Congrats to Bohemian3, LycanthropeX, SabotSnake, Totte, Cruisle and Ivy, and to anyone who participated. I especially liked including tutorials as a key component of the contest. I love seeing how other people work.

Thanks again!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

I've also to thank you, FirstBastion, for running this contest - I wanted to do more for the contest, but the last weeks have had less time than I thought. Also thanks for your generous gesture!!!

Congrats to the winners, you've done a great job! Very inspiring!

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034
    edited May 2013

Wow... thank you. Got so caught up in the end of the semester didn't get a chance to submit anything else. These contests are so cool... So thank you for running it, and thank you for the honor. I have said it before and will say it many times again: We all are so grateful for artists like FB who produce amazing products for us to mix, match, shred poloygons, twist, turn, and come up with a myriad of ways to create something fresh. Real honor go to you and all the artists here.

S

p.s.... I already have most of your products, and actually quite happy some of my coins found their way to your coffer before you bostowed the store on me; )

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited May 2013

And a HUGE thank you from me, FirstBastion, for this contest! :)
    Congratulations as well to the Winners for fantastic renders and explainations. I learned quite a bit just looking at your images.
    Thanks to all of you. :)

Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the kind comments. The "choice" PMs are slowly trickling in; my plan is to collect them all and send the whole list to the DAZ office all at once. So if you haven't done it yet, send me those choice selections.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I'm one of the slow trickles, arrrgh. I'll have mine in in a couple of minutes, with thanks!

Congratulations, Bohemian3! And congrats to Warmblood, LycanthropeX, SabotSnake, Totte, and Ivy! And a big general round of applause for all participants--this was such an enjoyable and educational event.

Thank you so much for running it, First Bastion. You've been incredibly generous with your time and your work, and just a wonderful host. <3 <3 <3</p>

edited December 1969

Cuisle said:
    I'm one of the slow trickles, arrrgh. I'll have mine in in a couple of minutes, with thanks!

have you trickled yet?

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I have indeed.

edited May 2013

Hi. I sent a whole bunch of confirmations PMs this morning, acknowledging the choices you all have made. If you've sent me a PM but didn't get a response this morning, please resend, and if you still have to send a PM, please send it. I'd like to get this straightened this week. Thank you all again for your patience. And I do hope that some of you will find time to at least post a render or two of the new prizes sets to this thread once they're distributed.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

I'll definitely be posting a render. Maybe more than one. Can't wait!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

This took a little longer than expected. But without further delay. The winners.

Grand Prize Winner:
    Bohemian3 - Mutant Primate Research Unit (mix and mash)

in the MIX and Mash it up category, wins all the items in my store.

Two Second Place winners:
    Warmblood - The Lamplighter
    LycanthropeX - Dungeon Encounter (mix and mash) or Suburban Legends

wins a choice of 5 products(choices can include the bundles in my store) plus the yet unreleased new product.

Three Third Place Winners:
    SabotSnake - The Commissar
    Totte - Baptism of Fire (mix and mash)
    Cuisle - Break of Day

win two (2) choices from my store (can include one bundle) plus the yet unreleased new product.

Honorable Mention Cinematic animation
    Ivy - New Dawn

win one (1) choice from my store plus the yet unreleased new product.

And in appreciation for participating, everyone else who entered gets a copy of my new set that is just a little behind schedule but should be released shortly or you can pick from the latest releases "Parkour Action", or "Land of Ice" , or "Farm Fencing"

Send a PM, with your name, email, and choices.

Thank you all.

Wow! I'm so Honored.
    Thank you so much FirstBastion

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

Congrats everyone, and thank you for running this contest FirstBastion!

edited December 1969

Okay, I've been crossing the "t" 's and dotting the "i" 's on this and apparently have the prize list in order. (let me just say I do not envy Stonemason's traffic in this regard) What I am missing at this point is a couple of email addresses, most winners have included them but a couple are missing. DAZ requires these to double check that the correct prizes are added to the correct accounts. I'll followup with pm 's to those people. As for the new release. It's done and ready to go, just waiting now for its slot in the schedule. Hopefully it'll all be dispersed together. Thank you all for your patience.

edited December 1969

It's we who are thankful for the contest, as it was loads of fun, loads of learning from the other and loads of fantastic prizes!
    Well done and executed from start to end, hat off for you FirstBastion!

edited December 1969

I can't say enough good things about this contest, the focus on creative thinking and the awesome products to work with make this one of the most fun contests to enter. This is one contest i watch for every year.

edited May 2013

Check your accounts and give DAZ_Britney a big thanks for her hard work!

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Check your accounts and give DAZ_Britney a big thanks for her hard work!

Thank you guys, you all rock! :)