FirstBastion's Mix and Mashin' ItUp - After the prizes

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

Congrats warmblood! Well done, great how to!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited April 2013

I was starting to get worried...

if there are no new tuts posted this week I'll choose one from all the previous weeks submissions. There's a few that were a close second. But there's no easier way to score a free environment than posting a tutorial in here. Like in this thread, before Monday. Morning, with some screen shots and how-to info .... :cheese:

edited:

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

I've tried to get them here!
    I've been busy with RRRR renders and other stuff but I might toss one together tonight I got so many ideas and so little time ;-)

edited December 1969

Thanks Totte, I appreciate it. I've edited the previous post just a bit.

And since we had some snow fall yesterday.

hazesnow-hccshader.jpg
    779 x 426 - 380K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

I am still fighting with a idea I've got, currently I am not satisfied in any way... *grrr*

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Title: The Lamplighter
    Products used: High Cliff Crossing and Breaking Waves
    Software used: Daz Studio 4.5 (no postwork except to add signature)

This is my first render with High Cliff Crossing. VERY nice product.

The_Lamp_Lighter.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 606K
    edited April 2013

Warmblood, I like what you did with the lanterns. Actually, the entire scene has just the right amount of light and moonlight, to showcase detail but still give the feeling of nighttime. It's nice to see you've put your prize to good use. :-)

On with this weeks,
    The Final "How-To" winner goes to
    LycanthropeX for the RPG encounter turtorial.

Send me a PM with your email and choice of product and I'll have DAZ add it to your account.

Alright, I think we're in the home stretch. On with the final week of the contest.

edited December 1969

Congrats Lycan!

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

awesome, most unexpected, thank you

edited December 1969

The Fifth Week and final "how-to" prize has been awarded. Congratulations LycanthropeX. Hope you get to put the High Cliff Crossing to good use. :-)

We're in the home stretch. Up for grabs; All 31 of my store products for the grand prize winner.

edited December 1969

Title: Valley of the Dinosaurs 1 & 2
    Render: Poser Pro 2012
    Post Work: Paint Shop Pro X5, HitFilm Ultimate, and Anamaker

I;m posting both the regular and the 3D Ana-glyph version of this image, if you have red/green or red/blue 3D glasses you can view the 3D version of the image, it looks pretty kool.

3D-Dino-Girl-2.jpg
    1979 x 1145 - 557K
    3D-Dino-Girl-3.jpg
    1990 x 1150 - 601K
  • warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Firstbastion. I think the main lights in The Lamplighter are the darker ones that come with High Cliff Crossing, just dialed back a bit, and a pointlight and omnifreaker area light added to the lanterns (and the staff.)

Congrats LycanthropeX, and thank you for also including the 3D ana-glyph image along with info on the software used. I'm going to have to try that.

edited December 1969

i'm thinking about doing a quick tutorial on how to do the anaglyph images, even though the tutorials are over with. they are not too hard to do. I have fun with them.

edited December 1969

I like the dinosaurs. So what are the odds, is the carnivore going to survive this? Good use of the Hidden Waterfalls without the water. We pulled out our 3D googles, nice job on the ana-glyph image.

edited December 1969

I like the dinosaurs. So what are the odds, is the carnivore going to survive this? Good use of the Hidden Waterfalls without the water. We pulled out our 3D googles, nice job on the ana-glyph image.

um FB, I hate to inform you that dinosaurs are extinct, so none survived :D

edited April 2013

Not an entry, but an image by NightSong, from the old Neighbour's Yard thread in the old archives forum titled coffee and sunrise. Always nice to start a new page with an image.
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=181663&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

coffee_and_sunrise_800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 241K
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Title: Break of Day

First Bastion products used: Hilly Surround, Land of the Ice Cold Sun Skydome
    Software: DS 4.5, Photoshop CS6

terrymcgarry_break-of-day.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Powerful imagery. For some reason the words "The Ghosts of War" came into my head to reference it.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Powerful imagery. For some reason the words "The Ghosts of War" came into my head to reference it.

Thanks so much! That's a wonderful title, too, and describes it perfectly. The Hilly Surround put me in mind of the lush green peacefulness of historic battlefields, beautiful and serene and also haunted.

Thanks also for hosting this contest!

edited December 1969

Rooftop tag game
    First a warning, don't try this at home kids, these polygons are trained professionals.

The idea to this render came from a game we invented when I was a kid and lived in a area similar to the Neighbours Yard. When playing 2D tag became boring, we invented 3D tag, or rooftop tag game. We added some extra ways using stuff we found in the garages and then we played after school, before any parents came home. They tried to stop us, they tried to tell us how dangerous it was, but we kept going and no one got seriously injured, just a couple of ankles and lots of cuts and bruises. Today the kids sits indoors with their nintendo playing with a little funny man that walks on fences, jumps from roofs and tries to avoid being caught, and they parents say: -"go out and play, it's much healthier." We did that, we we're outside, and we walked on fences and jumped on roof and it was not at all healthy according to our parents.

First Bastion sets pilfered for pieces:
    Neighbours Yard (Main setup)
    Storm Sewer (rocks)
    Spiral Descent (monolith, rocks and stonestairs)
    Horse Show (bar and bricks)
    High Cliff Crossing (rock)
    Flight of stairs (sign)
    Basement Unfinished (Shelf and sofa)
    Walk Across Water (foot bridge part)
    Rural Crossing /Stopsign)
    Old Water hole (dock posts)

Most is just adding items from other sets, using the save subscene dialog. There is a nifty feature there worth noticing. The only "bashing" was when I used Hexagon to strip the walkway clean of some other stuff. Two pictures attached showing those things.
    A squirrel is also present to support iKyoto!

rooftop-taggame_s.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 371K
    subcut.jpg
    547 x 332 - 26K
    subsave.jpg
    579 x 370 - 51K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,737
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Rooftop tag game
    First a warning, don't try this at home kids, these polygons are trained professionals.

The idea to this render came from a game we invented when I was a kid and lived in a area similar to the Neighbours Yard. When playing 2D tag became boring, we invented 3D tag, or rooftop tag game. We added some extra ways using stuff we found in the garages and then we played after school, before any parents came home. They tried to stop us, they tried to tell us how dangerous it was, but we kept going and no one got seriously injured, just a couple of ankles and lots of cuts and bruises. Today the kids sits indoors with their nintendo playing with a little funny man that walks on fences, jumps from roofs and tries to avoid being caught, and they parents say: -"go out and play, it's much healthier." We did that, we we're outside, and we walked on fences and jumped on roof and it was not at all healthy according to our parents.

First Bastion sets pilfered for pieces:
    Neighbours Yard (Main setup)
    Storm Sewer (rocks)
    Spiral Descent (monolith, rocks and stonestairs)
    Horse Show (bar and bricks)
    High Cliff Crossing (rock)
    Flight of stairs (sign)
    Basement Unfinished (Shelf and sofa)
    Walk Across Water (foot bridge part)
    Rural Crossing /Stopsign)
    Old Water hole (dock posts)

Most is just adding items from other sets, using the save subscene dialog. There is a nifty feature there worth noticing. The only "bashing" was when I used Hexagon to strip the walkway clean of some other stuff. Two pictures attached showing those things.
    A squirrel is also present to support iKyoto!

I love it!!! This one is great, Totte! Great scene, lighting, composition, and a lot of fun! I can remember doing some pretty goofy stuff as a kid too, though not this one. :lol:

edited December 1969

The squirrel with the nut says it all.

We also did some crazy things as kids, so I love the idea of an obstacle course, Totte. The girl jumping on to the couch is a bit real close to a memory of mine. But I have to say, you deserve kudos for the sheer audacity of coming up with an idea for a render that uses 10 sets in a single render. Nicely done.

edited December 1969

Thanks Luci and FirstBastion!

As I say: "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!"

edited December 1969

how much time we got? working on one last render

edited December 1969

well i ran into issues, looks like what i have entered so far is what its going to be. Going to keep working on my image though because i like the idea of it

edited April 2013

I just re-read the first post, and yah the April 20th deadline is a typo, it should have been the 21st Sunday night. Just like the last few weeks, I was planning to have a look at the thread on Monday morning and then that would be the official deadline. So everyone has until sometime tonight (Sunday night) or tomorrow morning (Monday Morning) , give or take a few hours compensating for time zones or what not.

edited December 1969

oh kool !!!, wish i had known that last night, would have kept working lol, well i got all day then

edited December 1969

FINALLY!!! finished it, probably well too late for the contest, but oh well, here it is.

Title: Suburban Legends
    Render: Poser Pro 2012
    FB Products: Neighbors Yard, Pool, Spiral Descent
    Post Work: Paint Shop Pro X5

hope you enjoy

Suburban-Legend.jpg
    1990 x 1150 - 546K
    edited December 1969

Cool one Lycan! Love the "centaur dude" ;)

edited December 1969

thanx, i wanted to do something with mythical characters, and then i got thinking of the yards set, and eventually i got to the point of "what would it look like if mythical creatures were real, and they lived in modern times? "