Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Some interesting stuff going on here again.
    I seem to be missing a lot lately, been a bit busy.
    Just thought I'd show my 3 latest offerings.

Got the car models from 3dbar.net. Just smoothed them, changed the colours, added the number plates which I made in Photoshop and rendered them with an HDRI as a backdrop and lighting. The floor on the BMW image is a photo of the inside of my sheds concrete floor mapped on to a terrain object. The Rolls Royce took only 50 mins to render, the BMW took 15 hours. I made the platform and the wheels underneath the Rolls with Bryce primitives. No postwork.

The Gyroscope is all Bryce, no postwork. Pull cord is made from Metaballs.
    Render time was 1.5 hours. HDRI lighting plus 1 radial light.

Another 3 great renders... I especially like the BMW for it's dynamic angle.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Again, I am not certain about this one. Only postwork on this one is a couple of tiny fixes on the waterfall.

You always get such naturalistic looking scenes and this one is no exception, except for that exceptionally giant bird that's sitting on the bridge? [insert grin emotion here, presuming the emoticons are still not working].
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I did wonder when someone was going to remark on the giant bird. We do grow large birds up here in the Welsh maountains. :coolgrin:

Seriously I don't unfortunately have any raptors. Ken (the birdman) hasn't done any yet. I do have an eagle, but that would be a little too large. It needs a focal point there though, and given the amount of high poly imported vegetation I have used I am a bit worried that a human figure on the bridge may just be the last straw that makes Bryce scream. However now I have got it this far I may try it.

If I make it facing the waterfall, then I can maybe remove most of the human figure mesh and have a set of clothes with hair, as long as I am careful with textures.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - Thanks very much.

@chohole - The bird looks very much like a Jay.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2013

Stuart...super lighting on the middle image car work...looks photographic to real. I love doing cars, too, but there's always an issue I have with using some models out there, and that is, the front wheels are always pointed straight forward. I would imagine it is an easy thing for the modeller to turn them slightly do during initial production, so I wonder why some don't do it...after all, it might give additional character to the car.

Chohole...that bird is huge alright!. It looks like a Jay, and in comparison to the bridge, they certainly aren't that big. I have several Jays nesting in my surrounds, and they are the same size as your average crow...they've got a weird, rasping shriek when alarmed.

Jay (ahem)

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Is no one going to buy the fact that we grow giant birds in the Welsh mountains?

I am in the process of working out something to replace the jay. A jaywalker maybe.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@Chohole, I like the bird there, I think you should leave it, just shrink it slightly.

@StaurtV4, excellent car renders.

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney -
    Thanks.
    Some of the more complex models have front and rear wheels as seperate models so they are easy to turn,
    but you also have to turn the brake disk and caliper which may be seperate too.
    Some of the more basic models have the front and rear wheels as 1 model so you cant turn the front wheels.

Here's a few that seem to have the front wheels turned out. I've not tried them but they are usually ok from 3dbar.
    They are all in 3ds format so they should all import in to Bryce.

BMW X5 : <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=17144">http://3dbar.net/?p=17144</a>;BMW 540: <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=15016">http://3dbar.net/?p=15016</a>;Moskvich: <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=16532">http://3dbar.net/?p=16532</a>;Citroen C2: <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=14265">http://3dbar.net/?p=14265</a>;Golf3 tuned 2006: <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=8584">http://3dbar.net/?p=8584</a>;Mazda RX7: <a href="http://3dbar.net/?p=8468">http://3dbar.net/?p=8468</a>;

@Sean Riesch - Thankyou Sean.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Pam: That is a lovely scene, though I think the Giant Welsh Mountain bird a bit to large in comparison to the bridge. Still, if that's how you want it, then that's how you want it. I'll just remember to bring bigger bats when visiting your area. :-) (still not smileys)

@Stuart: I first thought photographs when I saw the two car images, sweet. I think it's how you used lighting that really sets both off. The gyro isn't anything to sneeze about either. All three are terrific.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited June 2013

@Pam - Again a very nice and peaceful place you come up with. Warerfall and water looks very plausible. The birs, apart from the jumbo size, it gets a bit lost because of the colours around it.

@StuartB4 - I've seen the beautifully rendered cars already. The third thingy - whatitsname - reminds me that I once had one of those, but not so beautiful. Great render as well, the shadows are a bit noisy but there's really not much to complain about.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - Thanks very much, you're very kind.

@Horo - Thankyou. I think the shadows are a bit noisy because the tiles are slightly textured as well as a bit reflective.
    I should have picked one or the other really.

edited June 2013

@Jamahoney.

I think you're right about the wheels. This particular model has got 4 seperate wheel
    models so it was easy to turn the front passenger side one out and drivers side in a bit.
    Although there does'nt seem to be a wheel arch liner inside the arch.
    I also took a bit of the shine off the tyre.

BMW_7_Series_2.jpg
    1100 x 573 - 95K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2013

Stuart...looks great (of course, I'm biased to turned wheels..hahaaa). All we need now from the modellers are drivers sitting in the seats of these wonderful models (they just never are around), doors that can be opened (allowing renders like the occupant has just got out, or, a rendered view of their interiors etc., etc.,), and finally, textures of age and use (the odd scratch, bump, dirt on tyres etc.,) - the natural version, if you like.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited June 2013

ok I shrunk the birdie and put another figure in there, which didn't upset Bryce too much after all

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare?—
    what_is_this_life.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 914K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Stuart...looks great (of course, I'm biased to turned wheels..hahaaa). All we need now from the modellers are drivers sitting in the seats of these wonderful models (they just never are around), doors that can be opened (allowing renders like the occupant has just got out, or, a rendered view of their interiors etc., etc.,), and finally, textures of age and use (the odd scratch, bump, dirt on tyres etc.,) - the natural version, if you like.

Jay

Although I rarely do it, a lot of the car models when in Poser (other posing applications are available) do have opening doors and turning wheels, some have opening hoods and trunks too and it's not much of a job to pose your own V4 or M4 (or Alien) as the driver and/or passenger.
    Then a quick .obj export into Bryce and you're ready to render (after Brycifying all the materials).

2-aliens-in-beetle2.jpg
    750 x 558 - 84K
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ok I shrunk the birdie and put another figure in there, which didn't upset Bryce too much after all

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare?—

Don't know if it's a forum problem or something you can fix, but the full size is not working on your last post.

edited December 1969

Working fine for me, may be a browser issue. Try a hard refresh. (shift refresh)

edited December 1969

sjhayes2 said:
    Don't know if it's a forum problem or something you can fix, but the full size is not working on your last post.

Worked for me (Chrome).
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

chohole said:
    Working fine for me, may be a browser issue. Try a hard refresh. (shift refresh)

Works fine for me now. Must have been a momentary glitch.

Post edited by Dino Gramps on
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited June 2013

I like that image @cohole... nice atmosphere.

Been busy and on a little vacation, here's a new less-symmetrial one...

asymmetries14dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited December 1969

This one has somehow a 3D-ish look. Like it.

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @dwsel: Really like the results. I've copied what you posted, and if I can decipher how to set it up I want to give it a try.

Horo said:
    @dwsel_ - interesting experiments.

@dwsel_ - wow interesting experiments, I wish I understood what you mentioned so I could try it out. It’s so cool when one can take David’s or anyone’s tutorial one take it step further or in your case a few steps forward. Thanks for sharing the screenshots. Hope I can still attempt something.

Deciphering might not be easy, as I've noticed I must have been writing while falling asleep and my sentences are slightly scattered and some images missing. Oh well... I'm deeply sorry for that - sleep-writting should be prohibited for me :blank:

@StuartB4:
    Great car renders and gyroscope as well (though objects on the table might use slightly less saturated colours). You're master of the realistic still lifes.

@chohole:
    Nice waterfall - I've always wondered how do you manage to make it such naturally looking (material, light settings etc.). I'm wondering if the vegetation is all Brycean or it's from Xfrog as well? The only crit I could have is the plain blue Brycean sky and purple-ish haze shade (caused imho by default perspective colour).

edited December 1969

@dwsel_
    Thanks very much for the complement. I've always liked bright, vivid colours but I know what you mean,
    they are a bit "in ya face" :)

edited December 1969

@ dwsel_ In this one most of the vegetation is 3ds files from the links provided by StuartB4 here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10013/#345624, so although the meshes are imported I have used mostly bryce materials to texture them.

I usually use imported trees in the foreground and build up behind with Bryce trees, as Bryce does prefer them.

And yes I know the sky does let it down, need to make a new sky., but actually we often get a purplish sort of haze over the mountains here, unless it is like today when it is very definitely grey and dismal and quite thick. I am at almost 1200 ft above sea level, and looking out across the valley to the next mountain is an everchanging view. Today at least we can see the mountain, sometimes it gets so thick that the mountain disappears altogether. At it's worst we can't even see the town down in the valley.

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    @ dwsel_ In this one most of the vegetation is 3ds files from the links provided by StuartB4 here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10013/#345624, so although the meshes are imported I have used mostly bryce materials to texture them.

I usually use imported trees in the foreground and build up behind with Bryce trees, as Bryce does prefer them.

And yes I know the sky does let it down, need to make a new sky., but actually we often get a purplish sort of haze over the mountains here, unless it is like today when it is very definitely grey and dismal and quite thick. I am at almost 1200 ft above sea level, and looking out across the valley to the next mountain is an everchanging view. Today at least we can see the mountain, sometimes it gets so thick that the mountain disappears altogether. At it's worst we can't even see the town down in the valley.

Maybe I'm just not used to such high mountain views - living in the hilly terrain. You must have a beautiful sunsets and sunrises in your area :)

edited June 2013

dwsel_ said:
    chohole said:

Maybe I'm just not used to such high mountain views - living in the hilly terrain. You must have a beautiful sunsets and sunrises in your area :)
    Yes if you get out of the village a wee bit, Doesn't take much, just a wee walk of a mile or so. View from our front, looking sort of south of west really, lousy photo taken through the window, but gives you an idea. The houses on the other side of the road block the actual sunset from us. First photo taken in daylight, other as the sun was really westering.

View_from_front.jpg
    600 x 800 - 271K
    view_at_sunset.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 252K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited December 1969

@Guss: It is a few days since, but thanks for your kind remark.

@StuartB4: The red BMW picture is outstandig. The giro picture reminds me of some record sleeves from the 80s. No idea, why.

@TheSavage64: Aliens in a beetle *laugh"

@chohole: I do believe in giant Welsh birds. If the Americans can have a Bigfoot, I can not see, why there may not be a Welsh Bigjay. BTW it is a lovely scene. I could never achive until now such a convincing waterfall and river.

• Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited December 1969

a render from yesterday night at the pier with moon :)

pier_night_light_other_moon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 623K
    edited December 1969

the same with another, bigger moon

pier_night_light.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

and the last one for tonight, also pier but another point of view :)

all with Daz Studio Pro 4.6 and Photoshop CS2

pier_night_a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.