Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 403

Just bought this one, and like some others, I also can't assign materials to that wearable. Well, to be more precise I can assign material preset or copy materials from my G8 character, and wearable's material zones have maps and all but still the wearable stays white... Thankfully, my characters already use higher subdivision levels, so I assume I don't have to use that wearable. At least expressions seem to work fine for SD2 and render SD4 when I have AFE turned on, but I suppose I lose fine wrinkle details that way, so if there's a quick fix for that, I'd still rather use that wearable especially for older figures.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127
    Mendoman said:

I can assign material preset or copy materials from my G8 character, and wearable's material zones have maps and all but still the wearable stays white... 

You don't have a geometry shell applied to your character do you? If so you'd need to reduce the opacity of the AFE material zones on the geometry shell for the surface below to become visible. 

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 403
    Mart1n71 said:
    Mendoman said:

I can assign material preset or copy materials from my G8 character, and wearable's material zones have maps and all but still the wearable stays white... 

You don't have a geometry shell applied to your character do you? If so you'd need to reduce the opacity of the AFE material zones on the geometry shell for the surface below to become visible. 

Oh man, actually I have several other geometry shells applied. That must be the problem then. I'll have to tweak with those and hopefully that'll fix the problem. Thank you for your help

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    Mendoman said:

Just bought this one, and like some others, I also can't assign materials to that wearable. Well, to be more precise I can assign material preset or copy materials from my G8 character, and wearable's material zones have maps and all but still the wearable stays white... Thankfully, my characters already use higher subdivision levels, so I assume I don't have to use that wearable. At least expressions seem to work fine for SD2 and render SD4 when I have AFE turned on, but I suppose I lose fine wrinkle details that way, so if there's a quick fix for that, I'd still rather use that wearable especially for older figures.

The Update will help. Working on this. G8Female. It will be much like G8Male.

"Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you've got Auto Face Enhancer in Daz Library Tree this Christmas."

Merry Christmas 2020 to all.

• Just bought the G8 Male bundle, can't wait to play. Very good tool in combination with Facegen.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

I was so pleased to purchase this today, DMaster! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Indeed, it comes right at Christmas! I bought the bundle right away and will play with it during the holidays. The promo images look very impressive and the attention to detail is astonishing. Thank you also for releasing the HD version for the males first and also, releasing a Male version at all.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

This looks great. I am a little confused about resolution though. All of my characters are HD as I use lots of details for the musculature. If I use this am I sacrificing HD on the rest of the body to get the super details on the face? Not a sale killer I just want to know before purchasing. Thank you.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

This would have probably been a product I picked up anyway, but what really impressed me is this vendors commitment to improving not just this, but his previous offering as well.  Understandably, some of this is sales tactic, but there are many, many out there who would be content to release something quick and easy to make a buck and then move on.

Im not gushing, but credit to where credit is due.  This is what really locked in the sale for me, I'm happy to support this kind of commitment to quality.

• This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

I'll keep you guys updated on this.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Well, I see the AFE for G8M has been divided into multiple pieces so what's going to be going on with AFE for G8F for those of us that have already purchased it?

• yaruuvvayaruuvva Posts: 33
    edited December 2019

I've just received an email with info about Auto Face Enhancer bundle for Genesis 8 Male:

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-genesis-8-males-bundle

It looks impressive. Is there a version of a similar bundle for Genesis 8 Females?  

Post edited by yaruuvva on

Please give this time. It is alots

Sigurd said:

This looks great. I am a little confused about resolution though. All of my characters are HD as I use lots of details for the musculature. If I use this am I sacrificing HD on the rest of the body to get the super details on the face? Not a sale killer I just want to know before purchasing. Thank you.

This is HD on the body and Head. You can remove the AFE  and still have the wrinkles. I have designed for SubD 2 for G8F=HD. The AFE holds the Detail Skin Resolution at SubD 6 level giving you the skin detail with real-time preview. Please be patient and play with it. It is big in the learning curve. Give this time. The large addition to the facial details is these. You have the expression morphs where you can mix and blend them together to creates additional expression. You have PowerPose where you may also add on top of the Expressions or create your own. You also have the Skin HD Details to make that closeup look like a close-up.

This was designed for animation and previewing details in real-time. No sacrificing HD. If you doing a full body shoot turn off the AFE. When you don't need the body and need that detail on the Face do turn the AFE on....put it on...

Best

This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

Working on this G8F update.  

Well, I see the AFE for G8M has been divided into multiple pieces so what's going to be going on with AFE for G8F for those of us that have already purchased it?

Soon. The Update for G8F will have an update like that G8M. It is Free. Just have to buy the Skin HD Details. I am still working on the HD Skin Details. 

edited December 2019
    yaruuvva said:

I've just received an email with info about Auto Face Enhancer bundle for Genesis 8 Male:

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-genesis-8-males-bundle

It looks impressive. Is there a version of a similar bundle for Genesis 8 Females?   

Working on the update for the Female.

Post edited by DMaster on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

Sounds good! I am game to try it.

• Think I'm gonna need an Idiot's Guide to AFE. Trying to use it with Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8 Male(s) and Jepe's Bodyhair Project 78. Just not getting it.
  • DMaster said:

This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

I've got this problem too. An update would be appreciated.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    DMaster said:

Sigurd said:

This is HD on the body and Head. You can remove the AFE  and still have the wrinkles. I have designed for SubD 2 for G8F=HD. The AFE holds the Detail Skin Resolution at SubD 6 level giving you the skin detail with real-time preview. Please be patient and play with it. It is big in the learning curve. Give this time. The large addition to the facial details is these. You have the expression morphs where you can mix and blend them together to creates additional expression. You have PowerPose where you may also add on top of the Expressions or create your own. You also have the Skin HD Details to make that closeup look like a close-up.

This was designed for animation and previewing details in real-time. No sacrificing HD. If you doing a full body shoot turn off the AFE. When you don't need the body and need that detail on the Face do turn the AFE on....put it on...

Best

So, do you mean that I should render the figure at Sub D 2, but if I add the Skin Details, the face would render at Sub D 6? And the rest of the figure would render at Sub D 2? Is that correct?

Couldn't I keep the AFE on when I'm doing a full body shoot? Wouldn't that work? Although, of course, the Skin Details would be less noticable, depending on how distant from the camera the figure was. 

In the promo images, it looks like it all works from the Parameters Tab/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Is this how it works (excluding, of course, Power Pose)? So would I no longer need to copy a texture and paste a texture? Has that been done away with (I hope)?

" After I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes." 

Problem with G8F after G8M is installed. I will fix this between today to tomorrow. 

...I see a default UVs overriding in the install.

inquire said:
    DMaster said:

Sigurd said:

Best

So, do you mean that I should render the figure at Sub D 2, but if I add the Skin Details, the face would render at Sub D 6? And the rest of the figure would render at Sub D 2? Is that correct?

Couldn't I keep the AFE on when I'm doing a full body shoot? Wouldn't that work? Although, of course, the Skin Details would be less noticable, depending on how distant from the camera the figure was. 

In the promo images, it looks like it all works from the Parameters Tab/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Is this how it works (excluding, of course, Power Pose)? So would I no longer need to copy a texture and paste a texture? Has that been done away with (I hope)?

the AFE has additional geometry. 2x. so if you set G8  to sudD2 the AFE geometry will be like SD4..Just a division of geometry. At high resolution, you don't need Bump or normal maps.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

OK, now I see in the Promo images that it's only (I think) the AFE Skin Details that are added in Parameters/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Now, are the Expressions to be found under Expressions? And what about the Auto Face Enhancer HD? Where is that found?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,802

now I'm zingy. Do I need all 3 modules or is there one that gives just HD or something ... I'm lost, dazed, and confused on this products.

• DMaster said:

Thank you, it is good to know it isn't just me.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

I'm not getting how to save as AFE. There is no option to save as anything but material preset. No options available that I can see.

• Awesome product! This is my first try, still trying to get a bit subtler on the wrinkles.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

Nevermind. A friend wrote up some clear directions, and I got it to work.smiley The step that is missing from the pdf, is that you need to apply the material to the autoface enhancer shell That was where I was confused