Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Now, I don't know if it's supposed to work this way, but if it is, that's fine. If I apply in Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, the SubD 4 Script to the AFE Wearable Preset, and then I look in the Parameters Tab under the Auto Face Enhancer Wearable Mesh, I find View SubD Level 4, and Render SubD Level (Minimum) 4.

But let's say that I've had the Character set at View SubD Level 1, and Render SubD Level (Mininum) 2. Now, when I go to look in the Parameters Tab at the Character's Mesh Resolution, I find that it has changed to match the Auto Face Enhancer Wearable Mesh. It is now also at View SubD Level 4, and Render SubD Level (Minimum) 4.

Is it supposed to work that way? Fine, if it is. Just questioning.

inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    erik_nl said:

Here's an example rendered in Octane Render (as a first test).

Eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard were fitted to the Enhancer mask, no problems there!

All in all thanks to D.Master for a great product, even with a few minor niggles.

Octane Render test 01

Yes. I see. It is one of the Skin Detail Morph. I will fix that when I do the addition..facial scar morphs for AFE G8M. Thank you.

Oh, Yea! Facial Scar Morphs for AFE G8M. I'm going to buy them. I assume it's a separate product. I am learning a lot as I've been using AFE. I think it has great promise for other parts of the male anatomy. How abut the gens?

DMaster would have to seel it elsewhere, but it's a great idea!

Ah, thanks! I hope there's more agreement, and DMaster will do it. It needs more skin details.

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

Not going to touch on any gens. Gentlemen.

inquire said:

I love the product, but I get a bit confused about what's in the Parameters Tab under Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. There's Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. 

Also, in the Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, there's Skin Detail 1, 2, and 3. Are these the same? 

Or, is the first set to be applied to the Auto Face Enhancer Wearable Mesh, and the second to be applied to the Character?

Not the same.

In the Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, there's Skin Detail < These are just saved out setting from the Parameters Tab.

Once you set up the parameter for your specific character, you will need to save (shaping preset).

OK, and in the Parameters Tab under Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. There's Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. So what do these do? I think they add more roughness and texture to the face. Is that it?

And in the Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, there's Skin Detail 1, 2, and 3. And you responded to this by saying "These are just saved out settings from the Parameters Tab." OK, and so if I choose Skin Detail 3, it boosts the Mesh Resolution to SubD 4 for both viewing and rendering, I think. Is that it? You see, I'm still a little confused about that.

So, I'm still not sure about the differences about these two sets. Is it that one adds roughness and texture, and the other adds SubD settings?

DMaster said:

OK, but if that's true, would you mind if someone else borrowed your ideas and techniques, and made such a product? Would you be willing to give any advice to someone trying to emulate you?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    inquire said:
    DMaster said:

OK, but if that's true, would you mind if someone else borrowed your ideas and techniques, and made such a product? Would you be willing to give any advice to someone trying to emulate you?

Almost every adult 3D model in the DAZ 3D Store has it's own set of  anatomy elements shader material sets including detail presets that apply maps of glossiness, normal, bump, and displacement maps in many of them. If you want more morph shapes rather than shader material sets you have the Mal3Media G8M and G8F products and for G8M there is Jepe (or is it Jepes?), who has made a Roderick for Diego 8 with so many morphs and poses you won't know how to use them all. 

If you want something more than that or different than that you will probably need to try and do it yourself or go to that other R site (although I don't know if their embellishments at the R site are better than the embellishments the PAs have made in their own DAZ Store products).

edited December 2019
    inquire said:
    DMaster said:

How are arts and design going to evolve if we all fear of borrowing ideas? One advice. How does a bird learn to fly? I am still learning...It seems to be a never-ending...

Post edited by DMaster on
    inquire said:

OK, and in the Parameters Tab under Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. There's Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. So what do these do? I think they add more roughness and texture to the face. Is that it?

And in the Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, there's Skin Detail 1, 2, and 3. And you responded to this by saying "These are just saved out settings from the Parameters Tab." OK, and so if I choose Skin Detail 3, it boosts the Mesh Resolution to SubD 4 for both viewing and rendering, I think. Is that it? You see, I'm still a little confused about that.

So, I'm still not sure about the differences about these two sets. Is it that one adds roughness and texture, and the other adds SubD settings?

The Skin details are smaller geometry. You cannot see it unless it is at SubD 3 or 4. The different types of characters have different skins. You can layer them to make 3d Skin bump. Zoom on to the skin turn on SubD 4 for those (eyes) closes-up shoot.

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited December 2019

Hi

I bought the AFE G8M-bundle today, I followed the descriptions in the PDF, but this is what I get when I click on the AFE Attachment button:  

Any help would be much appreciated :)

AFE.jpg
    605 x 581 - 20K
    Post edited by Eggs Actly on
  • Hi

I bought the AFE G8M-bundle today, I followed the descriptions in the PDF, but this is what I get when I click on the AFE Attachment button:  

Do you get an error alert? How did you install?

edited December 2019
    inquire said:
    DMaster said:

Almost every adult 3D model in the DAZ 3D Store has it's own set of  anatomy elements shader material sets including detail presets that apply maps of glossiness, normal, bump, and displacement maps in many of them. If you want more morph shapes rather than shader material sets you have the Mal3Media G8M and G8F products and for G8M there is Jepe (or is it Jepes?), who has made a Roderick for Diego 8 with so many morphs and poses you won't know how to use them all. 

If you want something more than that or different than that you will probably need to try and do it yourself or go to that other R site (although I don't know if their embellishments at the R site are better than the embellishments the PAs have made in their own DAZ Store products).

Yes, I'm aware of all of this. Thank you.

Post edited by inquire on
    DMaster said:
    inquire said:

The Skin details are smaller geometry. You cannot see it unless it is at SubD 3 or 4. The different types of characters have different skins. You can layer them to make 3d Skin bump. Zoom on to the skin turn on SubD 4 for those (eyes) closes-up shoot.

You can layer them? Are you saying that you can use Skin Detail 1, and have Skin Detail 2 layered on top of that? Would the layering occur just by double-clicking Skin Detail 1, and then double-clicking Skin Detail 2?

Sorry if I'm dense, but I'm trying to understand. I am using the product and I really like it. But there are some things I don't understand.

• Do you get an error alert? How did you install?

I'm not  getting any error messages - installed via DIM :)

• Hi

I uninstalled, deleted and installed manually, and that fixed this issue :)

edited December 2019
    inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    inquire said:

You can layer them? Are you saying that you can use Skin Detail 1, and have Skin Detail 2 layered on top of that? Would the layering occur just by double-clicking Skin Detail 1, and then double-clicking Skin Detail 2?

Sorry if I'm dense, but I'm trying to understand. I am using the product and I really like it. But there are some things I don't understand.

What? you have not played with the sliders?

1 select G8M character

2 parameter

3 AFE Skin Details

4 Slide away turn on SubD 3 or 4 to review 

5 once you happy with the setting save it as shaping preset..select AFE 

Help 008.jpg
    1579 x 1059 - 757K

Hi

I uninstalled, deleted and installed manually, and that fixed this issue :)

Try to put g8f in the 2nd library folder. I will have an update for G8F tomorrow.

• DMaster,

It seems if any type of geometry shell is parented to the Main Figure then the AFE 'figure' will not properly assign texture maps.  This is not a huge limitation, but just curious if you know any way to get around this.

Thanks,

Jeff

edited December 2019

DMaster,

It seems if any type of geometry shell is parented to the Main Figure then the AFE 'figure' will not properly assign texture maps.  This is not a huge limitation, but just curious if you know any way to get around this.

add another AFE on top of the last and add a push modifier Edit>Object>Geometry>Add push modifier?

the modifier is in Object > General>Mesh Offset> PushModifier it is the same as a geometry shell.

I just try it today. I will put up A geo shell body for the AFE Male Later today.

Help 009.jpg
    1283 x 890 - 882K

Here is the Geo Shell for AFE G8Male - put it in the correct directory.

Applying the materials will be the same. Load to G8 Figure 1st. select the Geo Shell > Copy material all > then load up the AFE Geoshell and assign the material to it.

You may have to go into surface to copy material from the face to the ears if you are using G3 mat...

zip
    zip
    AFE Male Geoshell.zip
    2M

Now, is the Geo Shell for AFE G8Male to be used instead of the regular AFE Material Wearable? Also, put it in the correct directory? I think that means put it in Shapes/AFE -- wear the other AFE icons and objects go. Correct?

DMaster said:
    inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    inquire said:

What? you have not played with the sliders?

1 select G8M character

2 parameter

3 AFE Skin Details

4 Slide away turn on SubD 3 or 4 to review 

Sorry. Still confused. Can you have several layers of Skin Details, one on top of the other? Or, do the skin details combine on the same AFE Material layer?

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

DMaster,

Thanks,

Jeff

The textures are being assigned to the AFE attachment, but the geometry shell has a blank texture covering it. Select the Geometry shell in the scene tab, go into the surfaces tab, select all the AFE surfaces and turn the opacity down to zero.

edited January 2020
    inquire said:

Now, is the Geo Shell for AFE G8Male to be used instead of the regular AFE Material Wearable? Also, put it in the correct directory? I think that means put it in Shapes/AFE -- wear the other AFE icons and objects go. Correct?

no. Guys. The Geometry shell is for jeff_someone.  Don't go into it if you don't know what it is. You'll get to it one day.  Just Not Now!

inquire "Sorry. Still confused. Can you have several layers of Skin Details, one on top of the other? Or, do the skin details combine on the same AFE Material layer?"

A-No Material Layers (we do not have texture material being applied)

B- inquire you have to play with the Slider to see what it is doing. You are moving the Geometry to create a 3D skin. You are playing with 3D vertex. About 15Mil of them on the face.

1 select G8M character turn on SubD 3 or 4

2 parameter

3 AFE Skin Details

4 move the Slide

Help 008.jpg
    1579 x 1059 - 757K
    inquire said:

Yes. The Geo Shell is for when you want to add wet maps like https://www.daz3d.com/macro-wet-maps

It is beyond the scope of this forums.

• gggff2015gggff2015 Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

Can somebody tell me step by step how to use the bundle?

Post edited by gggff2015 on
    edited January 2020
    gggff2015 said:

Can somebody tell me step by step how to use the bundle?

1.load the mesh (AFE Attachment) to G8M figure see Help001

2.load Powerpose or play with Expression Help 002b + c

3. Play with SkinDetail (Help008) Select G8M figure and Turn on SubD 3 or 4 to see details.

"Patience is the ability to endure a long wait calmly or deal with annoying problems without frustration. Many of the world’s greatest thinkers have emphasized the importance of patience. For Aristotle Face Enhancer, patience was bitter but the fruit it bore is sweet." Marko writing.

Help 001.jpg
    1002 x 1107 - 563K
    Help 002b.jpg
    2493 x 1113 - 971K
    Help 002c.jpg
    2316 x 1158 - 1M
    Help 008.jpg
    1579 x 1059 - 757K
    edited January 2020

News final. AFE for G8F 

New PowerPose Setup with HD

New HD Expression

Hey..cannot get this Gif displaying correctly..Help?

AFE-Expressions6.gif
    400 x 406 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    DMaster said:

News final. AFE for G8F 

New PowerPose Setup with HD

New HD Expression

Hey..cannot get this Gif displaying correctly..Help?

Forums SW won't display animated gifs. I think it was removed because it could be used as an attack vector.