Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

nonesuch00 it may seem you have multiple installs files with the same name, this causes Daz3d to load to a crawl.

I don't use DIM to install much. It is out of my control (because I can't Do It Myself)

I only use the directory install. 

Try this to test out DAZ3d

(only for testing-please remember your old directory location so you can load it later)

1-try creating a newdirectory-name this Daz3d New - put all Genesis8starter essentials here power pose and so on.

2-creating a new directory -name this Auto Face Enhancer HD - put AFE HD file here

(remove the main directories)-with only 2 directories in daz3d you will be able to see if AFE works. close Daz and Open again to see 2 directories.

Try it now!

Note: AFE is HD so it is loads to ram the HD

If you have 50 or so characters that AFE supports then AFE will load the 50 or so HD on the AFE thus the crawling time.

Also working under SD3 or Sd4 is very slow on low CPU/RAM computers.

dim.jpg
    612 x 210 - 35K

For all. You can log in to Daz3d and go to your product library. Here you can download your goody without using DIM.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited February 2020

For all. You can log in to Daz3d and go to your product library. Here you can download your goody without using DIM.

++++

I did that & it works after I fixed the broken G8F PowerPose temple but DAZ 3D needs to fix it in DIM / DAZ Connect. As the owner & profiteer of this product please inform them if the situation does not resolve when they release the PowerPose portion of your product that is now split into a seperate product. I will let you know but you should be testing your product too as DAZ releases it directly from the DAZ Store.

Most customers aren't going to know how to fix that mess though when they run into the same problem. That's what DAZ Studio, DIM, and DAZ Connect is supposed to do for them. It's why they shop at DAZ3D.com and not TurboSquid, Rendo, BlenderMarket, BlendSwap, and so on.

Also, you've stated earlier you don't use DAZ to test but you should test and have a clean DAZ Studio install & an upgradable DAZ Studio install to test every product you release directly via both New install & Upgrade via DIM, manual download, and DAZ Connect. Yes, that's an entire 8 hour day blown testing your product as distributed by DAZ 3D after they release it but it's your time & money. Ultimately that's going to improve your product quality and save you much more time should you continue to produce products for the DAZ 3D store. They're very good when they work so I hope you do but that depends if you make enough money & enjoy it enough.

Unfortunately, you can have only 2 DAZ, one release & one public beta, installs per machine without special preparations so a DAZ public beta for your upgradable DAZ Library content and an always new & clean DAZ release install that you install your releases new into and test before deleting it all with each now product & product upgrade. Hassle but this is being fobbed off on paying customers.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • So I had to manually install the update because of the same reasons other users mentioned. DIM did not recognize the update and always suggested to download the 200mb file. No problem. However I get a very bad mesh using AFE. Any ideas what I can do? I have used the SubD2 button which is included in the package and I tested on g8F base and "grace yong"

Grace yong texture shaded

Grace Yong texture shaded

Grace Yong Iray

G8F base texture shaded

1-Grace Yong. is not part of the AFE library because I don't have her. I will download her and upload the AFE mesh smoothly for you later today.

2-AFE works best with AFE Skin details (It is not out yet) Adding skin detail can help remove the bad mesh face.

3-AFE real expressions HD (free for AFE user) and AFE details are in marketing and will soon to be published.

For now, you don't have to use the AFE mesh unless you add or have the skin details.  I have added the HD facial wrinkle (power pose) directly onto G8F figures.

AFE mesh will help with skin details for those close up render. But you have to wait for it to come out. It is similar to the G8Male if you have it.

Grace Yong Smooth fix. please look at the Zip file and put this in your AFE library data folder. 

AFE Skin details tested, approved and will be released soon. Waiting...

zip
    zip
    RS GraceYong AFE Smooth.zip
    4M
    graceyong afe smooth1.jpg
    1318 x 1107 - 427K

Overkill with the Skin details. Showing AFE SubD-3 level with quick Iray screen render as is.

graceyong afe smooth2.jpg
    973 x 989 - 747K
  • Awesome thanks a lot for the effort! Appreciate it a lot :)

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Seriously can't wait for the skin details!!! laugh

• Today opening the file that I was working on yesterday. This is still happening sadly :(

• I've raised a ticket regarding the issue of installing the 700mb HD version via DIM either automatically or manually but nothing yet.

• Today opening the file that I was working on yesterday. This is still happening sadly :(

Btw this is nor regarding the installation of the 800mb file. I have installed the 800mb file manually. But this prompt makes it impossible to batch render.

• Are the 216mb(AutoFaceEnhancer) and the 790.6mb(AutoFaceEnhancerHDWithPowerPoseforG8F) the same content of two versions? I can't install them at same time. The manager is telling me install 216mb version again and again. 

216mb(AutoFaceEnhancer)  is an older version.

790.6mb(AutoFaceEnhancerHDWithPowerPoseforG8F) is the new updated. It has HD morphs.

• LesPaulLesPaul Posts: 50
    edited February 2020

I've reported the install problem with the two versions but after 5 days there is still no sign of life from Daz3d support. How long before we assume the worse? E.g. Zombie Apocalypse. 

Post edited by LesPaul on
    389245524 said:

Are the 216mb(AutoFaceEnhancer) and the 790.6mb(AutoFaceEnhancerHDWithPowerPoseforG8F) the same content of two versions? I can't install them at same time. The manager is telling me install 216mb version again and again. 

Yes & this is what DAZ 3D, the company, need to fix. The 216MB version needs to be withdrawn from DIM & then the installer for the 790MB version needs to uninstall the 216mb version we all already have installed and then install the 790mb version in it's place.

In DAZ Connect it offered me only the 790mb version but when I installed that it broke my AFE for G8M so I hd to reinstall that again. I've not tried both of them again to verify they bother still work after doing that though.

edited February 2020

Okay, once I got the darn thing installed (DIM is still only showing the 200 mb version). I'm having the same problem with the updated Autoface enhancer that I did with the old version: Even with the "HD" enabled, the geoshell creates weird deformaties in the face. The wrinkles aren't smooth. In fact, I'm sorry to say I haven't noticed any improvement.

Does the product only work on base characters which haven't been modified with add'l morphs at all?

Also, I don't have anything under "AFE Real Expressions HD."

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. The first thing I tried when I got the male version was to use Zev0's Vascularity morphs as a test, and they didn't show at all. It seems to be a limitation of the product that only the stated HD morphs can work with the geograft at all. At this point, I am just happy that the HD expressions and powerpose work without the geograft because it is too limited to use it consistently and it would be weird to have characters with ultra-detailed pores talking to smooth-skinned ones.

edited February 2020
    Uthgard said:

I am just happy that the HD expressions and powerpose work without the geograft because it is too limited to use it consistently and it would be weird to have characters with ultra-detailed pores talking to smooth-skinned ones.

Hm. Sadly, my HD expressions morphs don't exist. 

Maybe I need to try to reinstall... Again.

Uthgard said:

I am just happy that the HD expressions and powerpose work without the geograft because it is too limited to use it consistently and it would be weird to have characters with ultra-detailed pores talking to smooth-skinned ones.

Hm. Sadly, my HD expressions morphs don't exist. 

Maybe I need to try to reinstall... Again.

They will be listed under Parameters - Poses - Head - and then at the top of the Head section you'll see the product name. For the female product it still has both of the On - Off AFE slider controls in that tab while the male one has only one slider control so it's like something hasn't been updated correctly with the female product even if you uninstall the old product in DIM and then manually extract & copy the new 1GB female product and copy it to your DAZ Content Library manually after exiting DAZ Studio & DIM.

Real HD expression will be out soon. It is free for any who has AFE G8F. The FREE will end tomorrow.

DMaster said:

For now, you don't have to use the AFE mesh unless you add or have the skin details.  I have added the HD facial wrinkle (power pose) directly onto G8F figures.

I see this now - which is cool - but is there any way to prevent the PowerPose from distorting existing expressions? 

When I use PowerPose, my other expression morphs become useless because they're altered so much.

edited February 2020

DMaster -

I thought the point of the new HD was so we wouldn't have to see these distortions around the face / neck? I'm afraid I haven't noticed an improvement.

Also.... the AFE seems to be significantly altering the shape of the character's ears.

with-afe2.png
    500 x 901 - 548K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971

getting a vast number of duplicate formula errors after loading AFE Expression which is causing the load of G8F to stretch out to 8 minutes, of form:

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & AFE Tongue Out in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/D.Master/Auto Face Enhancer/G8F AFE expression/AFE Tongue Out.dsf.

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#neck_2?center_point/y

A quick use of Notepadd++ shows 6,336 of them ..!

Hmmmm...

Oddly, the distortions don't show up if I use the powerpose to make a face (except the sharp one at the throat).

with-afe3.png
    600 x 971 - 865K
    with-afe4.png
    600 x 971 - 740K
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 853
    SimonJM said:

getting a vast number of duplicate formula errors after loading AFE Expression which is causing the load of G8F to stretch out to 8 minutes, of form:

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & AFE Tongue Out in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/D.Master/Auto Face Enhancer/G8F AFE expression/AFE Tongue Out.dsf.

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#neck_2?center_point/y

I have the same issue, I will be uninstalling this until it's solved. Moreover, the AFE master dial and powerpose dial load at 100% on G8F, which can lead to unexpected behavior if one isn't aware. Also, unlike the G8M version, the HD expressions don't seem to work if the powerpose dial isn't active, which is far less useful in combining with other expressions (which are almost always rendered unusable with AFE).

Not quite an edit: I tried again and now the expression dials don't move at all, no matter what I do with the powerpose or master dials. Something really weird is going on here.

edited February 2020

Hi Guys. I am trying Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)  and Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Male(s) out and it works fine, for both male and female.

Looking into it. I can see Dim still installing the old Auto face Enhancer. please uninstall Auto Face Enhancer.

Please log into Daz and go to your product library and download the 790M files.

I am asking Daz to remove the old Auto Face Enhancer 216.46 MB files.

AFE install.jpg
    1534 x 1233 - 642K
    Post edited by DMaster on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

I have the same issue, I will be uninstalling this until it's solved. Moreover, the AFE master dial and powerpose dial load at 100% on G8F, which can lead to unexpected behavior if one isn't aware. Also, unlike the G8M version, the HD expressions don't seem to work if the powerpose dial isn't active, which is far less useful in combining with other expressions (which are almost always rendered unusable with AFE).

Not quite an edit: I tried again and now the expression dials don't move at all, no matter what I do with the powerpose or master dials. Something really weird is going on here.

I've put a ticket in, at least and, like you, will be uninstalling until a fix.

DMaster said:

Real HD expression will be out soon. It is free for any who has AFE G8F. The FREE will end tomorrow.

I like these products very much and although they are not really so anatomically accurate they are still head & shoulders above anything else in the DAZ Store for believable human expressions and are more than sufficient for caricaturized characters accuracy wise.

I hope that you make a lot of money for the lot of work you do on these products; so much that when Genesis 9 comes around DAZ 3D asks you to make the products to replace their old DAZ Originals "Expressions for ..." products. 

Thanks for your hard work.

edited February 2020
    Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

please have a clean uninstall and download the 790.68MB Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

You have to do a manual install. If you want it to work Now.

Post edited by DMaster on