Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

I hope you guys/girls got this going. Please post some HD Skin details here. Love to see what you are creating. 

• Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

getting a vast number of duplicate formula errors after loading AFE Expression which is causing the load of G8F to stretch out to 8 minutes, of form:

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & AFE Tongue Out in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/D.Master/Auto Face Enhancer/G8F AFE expression/AFE Tongue Out.dsf.

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#neck_2?center_point/y

A quick use of Notepadd++ shows 6,336 of them ..!

I have the same issue, I will be uninstalling this until it's solved. Moreover, the AFE master dial and powerpose dial load at 100% on G8F, which can lead to unexpected behavior if one isn't aware. Also, unlike the G8M version, the HD expressions don't seem to work if the powerpose dial isn't active, which is far less useful in combining with other expressions (which are almost always rendered unusable with AFE).

Not quite an edit: I tried again and now the expression dials don't move at all, no matter what I do with the powerpose or master dials. Something really weird is going on here.

I manually installed "Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)" from my product library. No duplicate file issues (though it asks to install the product) and the expressions work.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    DMaster said:

Real HD expression will be out soon. It is free for any who has AFE G8F. The FREE will end tomorrow.

I like these products very much and although they are not really so anatomically accurate they are still head & shoulders above anything else in the DAZ Store for believable human expressions and are more than sufficient for caricaturized characters accuracy wise.

I hope that you make a lot of money for the lot of work you do on these products; so much that when Genesis 9 comes around DAZ 3D asks you to make the products to replace their old DAZ Originals "Expressions for ..." products. 

Thanks for your hard work.

Lol I'm glad to see you saying the same thing. In the Genesis9 thread I wrote some time ago that for G9 DAZ shall hire DMaster to create the expressions and HD expressions.
    edited February 2020
    Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

getting a vast number of duplicate formula errors after loading AFE Expression which is causing the load of G8F to stretch out to 8 minutes, of form:

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & AFE Tongue Out in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/D.Master/Auto Face Enhancer/G8F AFE expression/AFE Tongue Out.dsf.

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-02-12 10:25:31.646 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997): output: neck_2:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#neck_2?center_point/y

I have the same issue, I will be uninstalling this until it's solved. Moreover, the AFE master dial and powerpose dial load at 100% on G8F, which can lead to unexpected behavior if one isn't aware. Also, unlike the G8M version, the HD expressions don't seem to work if the powerpose dial isn't active, which is far less useful in combining with other expressions (which are almost always rendered unusable with AFE).

Not quite an edit: I tried again and now the expression dials don't move at all, no matter what I do with the powerpose or master dials. Something really weird is going on here.

I manually installed "Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)" from my product library. No duplicate file issues (though it asks to install the product) and the expressions work.

we have to wait for DIM to be fixed. But the AFE is working 50%.

I see Smoothing is not showing up on the AFE mesh expression. Anyone else has the same issue? This is due to the DIM install that the missing link between the AFE HD and the real HD expression Smoother. 

Post edited by DMaster on
  • duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585
    DMaster said:
    please have a clean uninstall and download the 790.68MB Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

You have to do a manual install. If you want it to work Now.

I'm sorry, I know this is a PLEB kinda question, but I've only ever used DIM and this auto install/manual install/always being prompted thing is driving me completely nuts.  I know this is the solution but..

1) HOW do you do a full uninstall? Are you saying through DIM just uninstall?  Is that enough?  DO I need to delete files from my folders manually, or will DIM take care of that?

2) HOW do I do a manual install?  Is this when you download the files from the DAZ website?  Do I just extract them into my library like I would something from Rendo?

I'm sorry to have to ask, but it seems that there's an assumption that all of us know how to do this stuff, and the information is scattered about.  I've seen posts saying DIM is enough, I've seen some saying it isn't, and so for THIS product, and this problem, can somebody help me understand my points 1 and 2?  Thanks so much in advance!!!

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853
    SimonJM said:
    Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

I've put a ticket in, at least and, like you, will be uninstalling until a fix.

Thanks, I guess I won't be bothering CS, then.

DMaster said:
    Uthgard said:
    SimonJM said:

please have a clean uninstall and download the 790.68MB Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

I already uninstalled the old version and installed the new one, though I did it through Connect. It looks like having the AFE installed with Connect generates the problem with the expressions pack, no matter how they are installed (I just tried installing them with DIM and it just throws the same issue, minus the dials being at 100% by default, for some inephable reason). The problem with manually installing is that, in my case, I am running out of space in the disk my Daz Library is in, so I tend to put heavy files in my Connect folder (which is in a bigger yet slower disk). I know this particular set of circumstances have nothing to do with you, but being unable to install the product in my library of choice heavily impacts my ability to use it, so I will keep my fingers crossed for a fix.

• madparrotmadparrot Posts: 13
    edited February 2020

No idea if I'm installing it correctly, but here are some issues I get after the following manual install procedure:

copied the Data, People and Runtime folders of the 790MB file IM00062105-01_AutoFaceEnhancerHDWithPowerPoseforGenesis8Females.zip into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library
    added a figure in DAZ
    loaded AFE from DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Shapes>AFE (this is strange, because it appears in the Props category when installed through DIM) by loading Auto Face Enhancer attachment

It loads into the figure and PowerPose works for manipulation, however I get no AFE control sliders in the Parameters tab.  Also there are smoothing issues with all of the non-base G8F figures I've tried so far, Claire, Isla, Sienna all rumply

smoothingClaire.png
    768 x 432 - 312K
    smoothingIsla.png
    768 x 432 - 313K
    smoothingSienna.png
    768 x 432 - 295K
    Post edited by madparrot on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    madparrot said:

No idea if I'm installing it correctly, but here are some issues I get after the following manual install procedure:

copied the Data, People and Runtime folders of the 790MB file IM00062105-01_AutoFaceEnhancerHDWithPowerPoseforGenesis8Females.zip into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library
    added a figure in DAZ
    loaded AFE from DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>People>Genesis 8 Female>Shapes>AFE (this is strange, because it appears in the Props category when installed through DIM) by loading Auto Face Enhancer attachment

It loads into the figure and PowerPose works for manipulation, however I get no AFE control sliders in the Parameters tab.  Also there are smoothing issues with all of the non-base G8F figures I've tried so far, Claire, Isla, Sienna all rumply

The AFE control sliders are on the Poses in Parameters just under "Head", they are no located on the Auto Face Enhancer attachment prop. If you click on the directions in Smart Content or Content Library for AFE it will tell you the locations exactly. 

How do I uninstall completely?  Do I just open DIM, find all of the AFE stuff, and uninstall from there?  Are there folders I should delete?  Where are you all finding this process?

edited February 2020
    madparrot said:

added a figure in DAZ

The AFE control sliders are on the Poses in Parameters just under "Head", they are no located on the Auto Face Enhancer attachment prop. If you click on the directions in Smart Content or Content Library for AFE it will tell you the locations exactly. 

In that area, with the figure selected, I'm only getting the one slider for PowerPose:

nosliders.png
    493 x 564 - 23K
    edited February 2020

Let me see if I can do a workaround Dim. To get this going. 

For now, Just uninstall all AFE (females) from DIM and Smart Content. Check to see The Male is Working.

Seem the old install is messing with the expression and HD details.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

DAZ appears to have pulled the old Auto Face Enhancer. I uninstalled everything and re-installed. 

There's no smoothing issues, even with non-standard characters as long as you don't use the geoshell. Here is Bluejuante's Nadya first without the geoshell, and then with the geoshell. The disortions are really bad with the geoshell. 

DMaster - What does the geoshell do - allow us to use the skin details? Anything else?

afe-test3.png
    618 x 1000 - 775K
    afe-test4.png
    618 x 1000 - 803K

I have put in an Update for the HD expression. Missing HD files folder in the install.

duckbomb said:
    DMaster said:

I'm sorry, I know this is a PLEB kinda question, but I've only ever used DIM and this auto install/manual install/always being prompted thing is driving me completely nuts.  I know this is the solution but..

1) HOW do you do a full uninstall? Are you saying through DIM just uninstall?  Is that enough?  DO I need to delete files from my folders manually, or will DIM take care of that?

2) HOW do I do a manual install?  Is this when you download the files from the DAZ website?  Do I just extract them into my library like I would something from Rendo?

I'm sorry to have to ask, but it seems that there's an assumption that all of us know how to do this stuff, and the information is scattered about.  I've seen posts saying DIM is enough, I've seen some saying it isn't, and so for THIS product, and this problem, can somebody help me understand my points 1 and 2?  Thanks so much in advance!!!

1st off. I am sorry. The DIM will install the Older Auto face Enhancer. It does not Install the updated AFE HD files. This is bad for me and my products because people are not getting the correct files on the install. Many questions will be asked.  I am asking Daz to make a quick correction to the products.

Missing files are also in the HD Expressions. I am trying to upload the update here but it does not let me do 180M zip. will try to do a workaround.

Does anyone have advice on where I can put 156M zip for you guys to update?

If not then we have to wait for Daz.

DAZ appears to have pulled the old Auto Face Enhancer. I uninstalled everything and re-installed. 

There's no smoothing issues, even with non-standard characters as long as you don't use the geoshell. Here is Bluejuante's Nadya first without the geoshell, and then with the geoshell. The disortions are really bad with the geoshell. 

DMaster - What does the geoshell do - allow us to use the skin details? Anything else?

The geoshell is for additives like wet materials - added to the skin body and face.

The AFE mesh is for use with HD skin details.

The AFE mesh is also for future Characters I am working on. Later I can add detail like 3d scars and more details expressions on top for the HD Expression.

Hi DMaster -

I recommend either Dropbox or mega.nz

@DMaster - Thank you for your response, and yes, many questions will be asked, but I'm even more confused now than before you responded.  Are you saying that we DON'T have to manually uninstall and re-install, now, and that we should just wait for an update?  If so, I'm fine with that, but I can't believe it's been all day and nobody has been able to take the time to just explain HOW to uninstall/re-install stuff manually.  It's crazy, and I've been super polite and I tried to ask a very specific and clear question...  When it comes down to it, yes people will be confused.  But that's only a problem if they don't know what to do next.  If the answer is to just wait, then just say that very clearly and the vast majority of people will understand and hold tight. 

edited February 2020

I did as clean an uninstall as I can (deleted every file and folder from \My DAZ 3D Library that says "enhancer" or "D.Master")

DIM is now showing the 790MB file which downloads and installs without apparent issue, but then I end up right back where I was before, with only one AFE slider under Parameters/[figurename]/Head/Expressions and the same smoothing issues.

Also, as an aside, AFE doesn't seem to like fibermesh brows much.  Am I doing something wrong here?  With the geoshell on, the brow follows the geometry exactly, but without the geoshell the brows clip.

brows.png
    379 x 114 - 81K
    edited February 2020
    edited February 2020
    madparrot said:

I did as clean an uninstall as I can (deleted every file and folder from \My DAZ 3D Library that says "enhancer" or "D.Master")

DIM is now showing the 790MB file which downloads and installs without apparent issue, but then I end up right back where I was before, with only one AFE slider under Parameters/[figurename]/Head/Expressions and the same smoothing issues.

Also, as an aside, AFE doesn't seem to like fibermesh brows much.  Am I doing something wrong here?  With the geoshell on, the brow follows the geometry exactly, but without the geoshell the brows clip.

the workaround is to turn the display off on the AFE mesh. See attach image.

note: all attachments like brows and eyelashes will follow the base shape, not the HD shape.

if you want the attachment to follow the HD shape then you have to create a morph on the attachment.

The HD Expression moves the Additional vertex further away from the base shape to get the details. Thus the clip.

AFE brows.jpg
    1404 x 975 - 259K
    edited February 2020
    duckbomb said:

@DMaster - Thank you for your response, and yes, many questions will be asked, but I'm even more confused now than before you responded.  Are you saying that we DON'T have to manually uninstall and re-install, now, and that we should just wait for an update?  If so, I'm fine with that, but I can't believe it's been all day and nobody has been able to take the time to just explain HOW to uninstall/re-install stuff manually.  It's crazy, and I've been super polite and I tried to ask a very specific and clear question...  When it comes down to it, yes people will be confused.  But that's only a problem if they don't know what to do next.  If the answer is to just wait, then just say that very clearly and the vast majority of people will understand and hold tight. 

The DIM work now. Please just Uninstall all Auto Face Enhancer products via DIM and re Install.

you should have

Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female(s)

AFE - Real Female HD Expressions for G8Female(s) - Smoothing on the AFE missing in the install - I am putting the missing files in dropbox - Daz will update this in a few days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kjs4pcsd3b5jh2/Real Female HD Expressions Smoother fix.zip?dl=0

Here is the missing smoother for AFE HD Expression. Please put it in the Daz3d Library where you put AFE. 

See sample image to download zip and put the data folder into Daz3d data Library.

AFE instal fixl.jpg
    1036 x 741 - 193K

DMaster - Thank you for your hard work!

What does the smoother do?

Is there anyway to smooth the mesh for custom character / non-DAZ "base" characters. Otherwise, the HD details are a little unusable for the many, many other characters out there. :-\

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2020

Because you own Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s), you get AFE - Real Female HD Expressions for Genesis 8 Female(s) for FREE*

Thanks so much for the free update to the g8 woman!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    DMaster said:

The DIM work now. Please just Uninstall all Auto Face Enhancer products via DIM and re Install.

you should have

Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female(s)

AFE - Real Female HD Expressions for G8Female(s) - Smoothing on the AFE missing in the install - I am putting the missing files in dropbox - Daz will update this in a few days.

Understood!  Thank you very much!!  This makes sense!

edited February 2020

Is there anyway to smooth the mesh for custom character / non-DAZ "base" characters. Otherwise, the HD details are a little unusable for the many, many other characters out there. :-\

I have set up about 50 smoother characters on the AFE. more than enough.

for the custom character - It is the limitation. I have the plan to have my own characters come out using AFE.

Joshoo 001S.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 901K
  • paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited February 2020
    DMaster said:

I have set up about 50 smoother characters on the AFE. more than enough.

for the custom character - It is the limitation. I have the plan to have my own characters come out using AFE.

The more realistic the skin textures are the better can't wait to see your characters. Love the Product though 

Post edited by paulbungard on

DMaster, how are we supposed to know if the "smoother for AFE HD Expression" is working?

edited February 2020

Okay! I think everything is finally working as intended, and the results are pretty stunning. 

Post edited by Leonides02 on

Hmmmm. Am getting this problem though now, since I installed the smoother: