Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited February 2020

This product messed up all my G8... It takes forever to load and it generates lots of errors... Older scenes cannot be loaded, they take 30 min to load and do not load at all. Sorry, I needed to uninstall!

Post edited by Dreamlight on
  • A quick example of a custom character. I set her to subD 3, switched on thecdkin details and applied one of the presets and tweaked the settings. The expression is one of the predefined one. It takes longer to render but impressed by the results.

064.jpg
    803 x 1300 - 467K
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    edited February 2020

This product messed up all my G8... It takes forever to load and it generates lots of errors... Older scenes cannot be loaded, they take 30 min to load and do not load at all. Sorry, I needed to uninst

Please read the old posts to get AFE going again. Daz is looking for the Old files so it is killing time. Please remove all he AFE and reinstall. You have to delete the old AFE wearable and put on the new one and resave the AFE.  It is a new different geometry and the new HD morphs are not build for the old AFE.

Post edited by DMaster on
    LesPaul said:

A quick example of a custom character. I set her to subD 3, switched on thecdkin details and applied one of the presets and tweaked the settings. The expression is one of the predefined one. It takes longer to render but impressed by the results.

It is in Sub-D so rendering will be heavier. Remember lighting raytracing shadow will add better details on the skin too.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    LesPaul said:

A quick example of a custom character. I set her to subD 3, switched on thecdkin details and applied one of the presets and tweaked the settings. The expression is one of the predefined one. It takes longer to render but impressed by the results.

Impressive!!!

edited February 2020

Did a test run on Auto Face Enhancer today? I really like how the details you can get working + go with real-time rendering on Marmoset. Sub_D 3 on obj export.

I will fix the HD detail causing the ears to overlap when adding details morphs. sometime this week and put it here and for an update to DIM.

AFEscreenshot000.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    AFEscreenshot001.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    AFEscreenshot003.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    AFEscreenshot004.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    AFEscreenshot005.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
  • LesPaulLesPaul Posts: 50
    edited February 2020

This is a second test example. Same character and AFE settings but this time using one of the portrait lighting rigs from Ultra Genesis Studio Iray box lights. This shows the skin details a little better.

069.jpg
    803 x 1300 - 478K
    Post edited by LesPaul on
  • I have a new update for "AFE - Reak Female HD Expressions for G8F" size 245.5MB is it safe to update? Any experiences?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

i'd love to know too.  is this the updater that's going to install everything where it needs to go?

edited February 2020

I have a new update for "AFE - Reak Female HD Expressions for G8F" size 245.5MB is it safe to update? Any experiences?

This update will have the HD smoothing to the Expression.

With DIM install now it will be easier to uninstall without going into the AFE folders.

The Dropbox update is no longer needed.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    DMaster said:

Did a test run on Auto Face Enhancer today? I really like how the details you can get working + go with real-time rendering on Marmoset. Sub_D 3 on obj export.

I will fix the HD detail causing the ears to overlap when adding details morphs. sometime this week and put it here and for an update to DIM.

Which character is Marmoset? I tried to find him in the DAZ Store. I he sold here?

• inquire said:
    DMaster said:

Which character is Marmoset? I tried to find him in the DAZ Store. I he sold here?

Marmoset is the company that developed Toolbag, a realtime renderer. He exported the DAZ model to it and rendered it there.

inquire said:
    DMaster said:

https://marmoset.co/posts/creating-realistic-skin-toolbag-saurabh-jethani/

I will put the character up for sale in a few weeks. Working on the texture now.

The character looks terrific. I'm so impressed.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

FYI, new AFE Update from DIM causes Studio to throw a Missing File message for it, even on scenes where it is not used.

• I ended up with the duplicate formula problem.  Uninstall didn't really work so had to manually uninstall.  Got that all cleared.  Reinstalled with DIM and that cleared the errors but....now when I try to load the AFE geometry....

First it asks if I want to save scene before loading

Then it gives me a 'file does not exist' error.

I've checked my directories and it's installed there.

Any ideas?  I really depend on AFE to tweak my expressions

• Learning3DLearning3D Posts: 90
    edited February 2020
    Mart1n71 said:

I have Zbrush, but I'm just a beginner. Is there a tutorial you could recommend to show how to do this? Or would you be able to do a quick tutorial?

+1 on quick tutorial. Just record your screen while doing those adjustments add some basic commentary and upload to youtube. That of course would be super helpful.

Here's a quick video then. https://youtu.be/5Dm0cc0FtDA   I have no mic so no commentary unfortunately. Sorry.

So step 1, Load your G8 Character, delete any attchmets, hair/eyelashes/brows/anatomical elements etc. Add any morphs you want included. I use D.Masters Auto Shape Enhancer and Zevos Skin Crease Controller so have included both. (this would also be a good time to set a material preset if you havn't already) Set mesh resolution base resolution and open the figures mouth to 50% (following D.Masters recommendation below) and export as on OBJ using Daz default settings.

Step 2, Add AFE attachment so it follows the shape of your charcter. Loads of mesh artifacts as the higher res AFE is following the base resolution of G8. Turn off the visiblity of G8, set the resolution of AFE to 0 and export as OBJ, again using Daz default settings. (DO NOT CLOSE HER MOUTH)

Step 3, In Zbrush import the G8 obj you saved first. Open the 'Geometry tab in the tools menu and click 'Divide' 2 times to get SubD level 3. Open the subdivision tool tab and click copy.

Step 4, import the AFE OBJ.

Step 5, In the subtool tab click paste. The G8 mesh should be visible in the layer below the AFE mesh.

Step 6, Scroll down the Subtool tab and open the 'Project' tool. I used the settings in the video, not sure if they are the best, but the worked ok enough for me, Click 'ProjectAll'

Step 7, In the subtool tab, turn off the visibility of the G8 subtool and inspect the resulting AFE Mesh. If you encounter any issues with the ears or eye sockets defroming, CTRL-Z and adjust the Project settings by making SMALL adjustments to the Distance/Mean/PABlur sliders until you are happy.

Step 8, Export AFE mesh as OBJ.

Step 9, Back in DAZ, select AFE, Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro. Select the AFE mesh you've just exportd from ZBrush. In the advanced options set Reverse Deformations to 'Yes' and Accept.

Step 10, In the properties tab, select Morphs and dial the morph in to see how it works.

Step 11, (optional) Click the properties gear icon and open the Parameter Settings tab. Set the minimum limit to zero, change the morph location. I used Actor>People.

Step 12, File>Save as>Support Assets>Morph Assets. Expand the selction tree until you find your new morph, and tick the check box to save the morph to AFE so you can dial it in manually whenever needed.

Step 13, Add meterials and enjoy.

So when I make this procedure am I still able to play around with various morphs and adjust the shape of my figure afterward or when I adjust anything do I need to do all of that again?

If the latter then that would be rather inconvenient because when I make significant changes I always need to redo the Zbrush stuff? 

Thanks for answering, really looking forward to test this out :)

EDIT:

Btw. the update worked flawlessly on my machine. However, I made sure to first uninstall the old AFE file using DIM and installing the new AFE file afterwards also using DIM.

Post edited by Learning3D on
  • How to remove the stripes on the surface? Is that a bug?

enhancer.jpg
    712 x 700 - 77K
    edited February 2020
    389245524 said:

How to remove the stripes on the surface? Is that a bug?

That's what we have to fix with the above mentioned 13 steps. The author cannot adjust his product for all of the different characters out there. Currently trying to figure this stuff out. Also watch the video tutorial that Mart1n71 provided very kindly.

EDIT: OMG I did it. I am so happy and proud of myself. This was super difficult because I had only a very small (basically none ZBrush) experience. Thanks again for the tutorial @Mart1n71 

But also I am realizing that I need to adjust the AFE Mask each time I modify my character. So the workflow will be finalizing my character and creating the corrected AFE morph afterwards.

• Earlier today I purchased the Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female(s). Everything looks like it has installed fine but when I move the sliders nothing happens to the face. It's genesis 8 female and I've set the mesh resolution to 3 but the sliders still aren't changing anything. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I saw in a video someone using an afe attachment piece that made it work but there is nothing like that in the product I downloaded and there isn't a tutorial file either. Is there a comprehensive tutorial anywhere? Thanks!
    c3a70b2d8e8486e0ef42f9d4e529e3.jpg
    3840 x 2113 - 820K
    edited February 2020
    hugokday said:
    Earlier today I purchased the Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female(s). Everything looks like it has installed fine but when I move the sliders nothing happens to the face. It's genesis 8 female and I've set the mesh resolution to 3 but the sliders still aren't changing anything. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I saw in a video someone using an afe attachment piece that made it work but there is nothing like that in the product I downloaded and there isn't a tutorial file either. Is there a comprehensive tutorial anywhere? Thanks!

You need to apply this to your G8F. It's not applied on the screenshot you provided. Won't work without it:

hugokday said:
    Earlier today I purchased the Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female(s). Everything looks like it has installed fine but when I move the sliders nothing happens to the face. It's genesis 8 female and I've set the mesh resolution to 3 but the sliders still aren't changing anything. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I saw in a video someone using an afe attachment piece that made it work but there is nothing like that in the product I downloaded and there isn't a tutorial file either. Is there a comprehensive tutorial anywhere? Thanks!

you need this

https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-hd-with-powerpose-for-genesis-8-males

you may like to have this

https://www.daz3d.com/afe--real-male-hd-expressions-for-genesis-8-males

edited February 2020
    389245524 said:

what character ? do all characters the same. if yes then please uninstall and reinstall. We do have a new update.

Not all characters are cover by AFE.

looks like

Grace Yong Smooth fix. please look at the Zip file and put this in your AFE library data folder. 

ZIPimage

DMaster said:
    389245524 said:

what character ? do all characters the same. if yes then please uninstall and reinstall. We do have a new update.

loke like

Grace Yong Smooth fix. please look at the Zip file and put this in your AFE library data folder. 

ZIPimage

But this smooth fix is only for the G8 females, right? Or should it be used for the G8 males as well?

I ended up with the duplicate formula problem.  Uninstall didn't really work so had to manually uninstall.  Got that all cleared.  Reinstalled with DIM and that cleared the errors but....now when I try to load the AFE geometry....

First it asks if I want to save scene before loading

Then it gives me a 'file does not exist' error.

I've checked my directories and it's installed there.

Any ideas?  I really depend on AFE to tweak my expressions

what is happening is Daz cannot find the file or because it has 2 files and it won't know what to do with 2.

Uninstall everything. Do DIM uninstall first to remove those DIM link. Then Un-Install manually by removing all directory.

1-You can check by downloading all the installation files. open the zip to see the directories.

2-Create an AFE directory and put all installation files in to here. Add this to your Daz library folder. Close Daz3d

3 now open Daz3d.  Daz will load up all directory. From AFE directory you should be able to load the AFE. This works because it is loading the AFE from a clean directory.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

But also I am realizing that I need to adjust the AFE Mask each time I modify my character. So the workflow will be finalizing my character and creating the corrected AFE morph afterwards.

I believe you will have to re-do the smoothing for any significant change to the G8F geometry. Small changes you may get away with not noticing.

Mart1n71 said:

I believe you will have to re-do the smoothing for any significant change to the G8F geometry. Small changes you may get away with not noticing.

Correct. HD is very demanding. FYI = You can hide some of the imperfections with the Skin details.

inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    389245524 said:

loke like

ZIPimage

But this smooth fix is only for the G8 females, right? Or should it be used for the G8 males as well?

this smoother is only for this character.

AFE has many characters smoother on. It does not cover all characters...only the many many I have put on.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Mart1n71 said:

Yes, seems like that is an unfortunate limitation. However, Mart1n71, you were very,. very kind in putting together a tutorial so you can use any custom character. Thank you again! 

• so if i get this right, not all morphs are supported by AFE? And you have to create your own smoothers for them? 

Is there perhaps a way to automate the creation of smoothers using a script?