Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410
    daveso said:

now I'm zingy. Do I need all 3 modules or is there one that gives just HD or something ... I'm lost, dazed, and confused on this products.

1-get the bundle to make life easier. Read the Details info. It will tell you what it is.

2-you need the https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-hd-with-powerpose-for-genesis-8-males to work with https://www.daz3d.com/auto-face-enhancer-skin-hd-details-for-genesis-8-males

edited December 2019
    inquire said:

OK, now I see in the Promo images that it's only (I think) the AFE Skin Details that are added in Parameters/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Now, are the Expressions to be found under Expressions? And what about the Auto Face Enhancer HD? Where is that found?

1- All the settings are on Genesis 8 male characters.

2-Load the Auto Face Enhancer on to G8M figure

3-read the tip - mouse over the icon Turn On AFE Skin Detail 01 (see the attached image)

Detail is at parameters>G8M>Actor>Head>AFE Skin Details

Help 001.jpg
    1002 x 1107 - 563K
    Post edited by DMaster on
    edited December 2019

Remember guys.

1- (select G8M figure) after you happy with the details - you can save out as Shape for your character  (see attached image) I just save only the head AFE Skin Details

2- (select G8M figure) After you happy with the expressions - you can save out as Pose for your character (see attached image) I just save only the head

3- (select G8M figure) turn on PowerPose to use PowerPose -  you can save out as Pose for your character (see attached image) I just save only the head

Help 003.jpg
    540 x 567 - 222K
  • surody said:
    rock63 said:

I may be missing something but I am getting the face points in POWERPOSE. Any suggestions ?

Tia

You have to make sure that your Character is selected when using the Power Pose tool.

I am also missing all of the options for the face. Was a solution ever posted for this? Thanks!

• Useless product. Can't get it to work. Followed advice given to people here and still just have a white face, head and neck. No clear instructions on the PDF that comes with the product. PA hasn't addressed my concerns and just passed right over me. Going to ask for a full refund and will wait until someone else comes up with a similar product that actually works.
    sjensen said:
    surody said:
    rock63 said:

I may be missing something but I am getting the face points in POWERPOSE. Any suggestions ?

Tia

You have to make sure that your Character is selected when using the Power Pose tool.

I am also missing all of the options for the face. Was a solution ever posted for this? Thanks!

You have an out of dated  Daz3d -update is here. Genesis 8 Male PowerPose Templates 

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_42071

• NekoSoreNekoSore Posts: 35
    edited December 2019
    Useless product. Can't get it to work. Followed advice given to people here and still just have a white face, head and neck. No clear instructions on the PDF that comes with the product. PA hasn't addressed my concerns and just passed right over me. Going to ask for a full refund and will wait until someone else comes up with a similar product that actually works.

Have you tried it on a clean character just to see if it got installed correctly? If you have a character with a bunch Geoshells (Jeppe body hair, make up, wet/sweaty skin, genitals etc) then you have to select the Geoshells in the "Scene" tab, then you go into the "Surfaces" tab and expand the Geoshells you have selected, find and select everything with the name "Auto face enhancer" and turn down the opacity to 0. If you've done it correctly the white mask should disappear.

Post edited by NekoSore on
    Useless product. Can't get it to work. Followed advice given to people here and still just have a white face, head and neck. No clear instructions on the PDF that comes with the product. PA hasn't addressed my concerns and just passed right over me. Going to ask for a full refund and will wait until someone else comes up with a similar product that actually works.

gerterasmus.

I have to agree with you. The product is designed and build for the advanced user. It required a bit of reading and understanding. Only with understanding, will one see the details.

1- if you load up AFE you should not have a  white face. see attach image. You should see the default materials. Missing UVs /ID will give you white and you will not be able to apply any materials.

2-uninstall all AFE and reinstall. see if that works for you. If still not work. Then try #3 only if you know what you are doing.

3-create a new base directory and install the AFE into it. Load AFE from here.

Help 002.jpg
    500 x 501 - 108K
    Help 004.jpg
    951 x 189 - 83K
  • Thank you, NekoSore. I will try that out later today.

DMaster, instead of just giving me a rehearsed, standard issue answer and telling me it's for advanced users only, go back, read my original post, and answer according to what I explained my issues are. It looked like an awesome product so I treated myself and bought the bundle and I NEVER buy bundles. But, instead of giving proper instructions, you tell me I'm too dumb for the product.

• Did your mother ever teach you that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar?  Doesn't seem like it, otherwise you would have started your initial request for help with something other than "Useless product".  When you go from zero to incredibly rude in a single sentence, you shouldn't be surprised when you get a less-than-helpful response.  "I paid good money for this product" gets you a license for the product, not a license to be a jerk.

• madparrot, this was my original post, and just like you, DMaster ignored it.

Think I'm gonna need an Idiot's Guide to AFE. Trying to use it with Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8 Male(s) and Jepe's Bodyhair Project 78. Just not getting it.

Now, that doesn't sound rude, does it? What IS rude, is ignoring people and just helping people that didn't get the whole bundle and telling them to buy the rest. What IS rude, is telling someone the product is for advanced users and not even bothering to see what the problem is.

So, excuse me for having a mild Autism Meltdown triggered by being ignored, but some help in the first place would have been great. And, seeing as I've tried all the advice given here to other people myself and still not getting it to work is a bit frustrating.

edited December 2019
    Can anyone help with doing a demo, a tutorial with AFE for G8M. I am too busy working on the G8F Updated. Offer for this demo when approved by more than 8 people here will received $200 US. Credit to your work is the link to your own youtube account. + Future request and demo works. 1- I will be working on facial punch expressions. 2- auto pants and shirt wrinkles 3- HD auto body motion Please post demo here. Last day for review is Jan 5 2020. thank you.
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    edited December 2019

OK, bought it today and I've got it working. What might be added to the PDF is Serene Night's tip:  A friend wrote up some clear directions, and I got it to work.smiley The step that is missing from the pdf, is that you need to apply the material to the autoface enhancer shell That was where I was confused.

And also, that tip that DMaster gave: 

2-Load the Auto Face Enhancer on to G8M figure

3-read the tip - mouse over the icon Turn On AFE Skin Detail 01 (see the attached image)

Oh, and the tip is in the little graphic that's not repeated here: Turn OFF AFE Skin Detail 00.

Detail is at parameters>G8M>Actor>Head>AFE Skin Details.

If these are added to the Manual I think things will be clearer.

Post edited by inquire on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114
    edited December 2019

Got it to work just fine. You really need both the Skin and Power Pose products in order for it to work properly,. EXCELLENT PRODUCT!   I am very satisfied. I am not a super advanced user. Easily managed to swap the original chracter skin maps onto the skin overlay  with the given insructions. Easy. cheesy.  As a rule, we like things to work right out of the box, but if a product needs users to undertake one or two or even three steps, we tend to throw up our hands in frustration. I've done it myself, many times. (I can't speak to anyone else's experience or unique system configurations. No opinion on any previous comment posted here.)  I've learned that with CGI, I need to be patient, read instructions, read them again if it doesn't work right off the bat, and figure it out! Thanks DMaster. Merry Christmas y'all.

Post edited by ACue on
    DMaster said:

Remember guys.

1- (select G8M figure) after you happy with the details - you can save out as Shape for your character  (see attached image) I just save only the head AFE Skin Details

2- (select G8M figure) After you happy with the expressions - you can save out as Pose for your character (see attached image) I just save only the head

3- (select G8M figure) turn on PowerPose to use PowerPose -  you can save out as Pose for your character (see attached image) I just save only the head

These preset shaping options? Is this when you use Power Pose? Is this when you are in the Animation Tab? I usually just save a pose in the regular scene tab, and I don't get options for the pose. How do you get options for the pose, so that you can save just the head?

DMaster said:
    Can anyone help with doing a demo, a tutorial with AFE for G8M. I am too busy working on the G8F Updated. Offer for this demo when approved by more than 8 people here will received $200 US. Credit to your work is the link to your own youtube account. + Future request and demo works. 1- I will be working on facial punch expressions. 2- auto pants and shirt wrinkles 3- HD auto body motion Please post demo here. Last day for review is Jan 5 2020. thank you.

I'm really glad to hear that you will be working on facial punch expressions. I'd really llike indentations on the body, as for wrestling poses. For example, if a pec claw is applied, indentations for the fingers. Or if an abdominal claw is applied, same thing, indentations for the fingers. Hope you will consider this for future sets that you release.

You've obviously done a lot of work for the AFE for the Genesis Males product, and you deserve a great deal of thanks and credit for it. Thank you for coming up with such a great product.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure what the Skin Textures do? Do they produce more roughtness on the surface of the face, and 2 is higher than 1? Is that it?

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127
    Think I'm gonna need an Idiot's Guide to AFE. Trying to use it with Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8 Male(s) and Jepe's Bodyhair Project 78. Just not getting it.

The issue you are having is not with the AFE product, but that the other two products are geometry shells. These products have material zones for the base figure material zones only, but don't apply any materials to geografted attachments. As the AFE is a geograft item, it has created 3 new material zones on the wet and tanned geo shell, and the same on the body hair geo shell, but has not applied a material to them so they appear white and are hiding the materials applied to the AFE product.

Your solution is to select the wet and tanned geo shell in the scene tab, go to the surfaces tab, select and copy the 'face' material zone, select the 'AFE face' material zone, ensure it is using an Iray shader then paste the face material onto it. Do the same for lip and torso materials, and repeat the same process for the Bodyhair geo shell. You will have to do this whenever you try to use a geograft item and a geometry shell item together. 

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    edited December 2019

Thank you NekoSore and Mart1n71 for answering my question. Will try out your suggestions tomorrow and see how it goes.

Post edited by gerterasmus on
    inquire said:

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure what the Skin Textures do? Do they produce more roughtness on the surface of the face, and 2 is higher than 1? Is that it?

Hope you will be happy to see the skin details. SubD is when 1 face geometry is divided...like

SubD 0 have 1 face

SubD 1 have 4 faces

SubD 2 has 16 faces

SubD3 has 32 faces

The higher the SubD you will see more details. Computer speed will slow down.

AFE gives you the ability to see actual skin details on the face. Given that the AFE has more faces to start with. 

• So I'm confused.

1.This product only works with specific predetermined characters only? You can't use custom shaped characters? And if you can use it with custom characters will you still be able to continue shaping your character after applying AFE?

2. When applying AFE to a Gen8 male, do you still have to go to the Gen8 female AFE to apply the "wearable"? Because every time I apply the AFE from the Gen8 Male section I just end up with a grey block for a head.

3. Once AFE is applied, are you no longer able to edit your figures' skin surface?

4. When I do apply the AFE wearable from the Gen8 Female onto my Gen8 Male it will ask who the item is originally for, I click gen8 female and let it apply. I then turn the AFE on "from the gen8 Female section". I then go back to the Gen8 male, select the AFE wearable and apply the skin I previously saved to the AFE wearable and can kinda get it to look right. But I still have patches of odd-colored skin everywhere and it doesn't quite wrap around the head completely. 

So yea, bit confused here..

vanteal620

So I'm confused.

1.This product only works with specific predetermined characters only? You can't use custom shaped characters? And if you can use it with custom characters will you still be able to continue shaping your character after applying AFE?

2. When applying AFE to a Gen8 male, do you still have to go to the Gen8 female AFE to apply the "wearable"? Because every time I apply the AFE from the Gen8 Male section I just end up with a grey block for a head.

3. Once AFE is applied, are you no longer able to edit your figures' skin surface?

4. When I do apply the AFE wearable from the Gen8 Female onto my Gen8 Male it will ask who the item is originally for, I click gen8 female and let it apply. I then turn the AFE on "from the gen8 Female section". I then go back to the Gen8 male, select the AFE wearable and apply the skin I previously saved to the AFE wearable and can kinda get it to look right. But I still have patches of odd-colored skin everywhere and it doesn't quite wrap around the head completely. 

1. yes. I smooth out the geometry for given characters I do have. Yes, you can use custom shape only to a limit. (See image 1)If you add Skin Details it helps remove the bad soothing to a limit. The product has PowerPose and 26 Real HD Expression morphs for you to play with. These have no limits on custom Characters.

2. (see image 2) for now, can you uninstall AFE G8F from the main directory. Can you create a 2nd directory and put AFE G8F into that. I am working on the update for G8F AFE to resolve this issue. (only if you have AFE G8Female and AFE G8Male)

3. You can edit your skin surface anytime. Just have to save materials and re-apply to AFE. You can del the AFE to work on the material and then add AFE to your character again or select Geometry selector (image 3) to show the hidden faces and then hide the AFE to view your material edit.

4. The AFE is designed for Male and Female so you must use a Male AFE and a Female AFE.

Help 005.jpg
    3107 x 981 - 972K
    Help 006.jpg
    2421 x 1113 - 944K
    Help 007.jpg
    835 x 867 - 329K

This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

I'll keep you guys updated on this.

2. Temp fix for now, can you uninstall AFE G8F from the main directory. Can you create a 2nd directory and put AFE G8F into that. I am working on the update for G8F AFE to resolve this issue. (only if you have AFE G8Female and AFE G8Male)

Help 006.jpg
    2421 x 1113 - 944K
  • hfilbhfilb Posts: 63
    edited December 2019

I feel like the importance of this product is going a bit unnoticed, probably because of not-the-best advertisement.  Personally I can't use the wearable because I have custom sculpted characters, so the AFE shell looks all bumpy and mishapen (poor sculpt smoothing on my part, oh well), but the real useful things in this product are the HD EXPRESSIONS and, especially, the POWERPOSE template.

I understand that the PA wants to advertise the realtime render aspect of this...it is nice to have a high resolution face and low resolution body to save memory. But the real functionality is the new template that allows for a radically different control of the G8 facial rig. The base female powerpose template is very rudimentary and is basically 1 step above bone posing. This product is bringing things more in line with actual facial rig control found in pro production workflows (like for games). MORE PAs need to explore the powerpose realm of DAZ.

I have one question to DMaster (I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I read through everything and am still unsure): Can the HD details (not the expressions, but the additional product you are making for G8F) be applied without the AFE wearable shell when the figure is at a high SubD (e.g. 3 or 4)? 

Also, consider reaching out to Dreamlight3D and his Youtube channel. He does amazing reviews...I don't know if he'll be open to doing a demonstration for you, but it's worth a shot to see if he can possible honestly review your product.

Post edited by hfilb on

hfilb

Thank you. I will try with Dreamlight3D. 

I build the HD expressions at SubD 2 level on the G8M base. Will do the same to G8F.

The Skin Details I have to set G8 to SD6 to capture the detail on AFE at SD3. As you can see the file size on one detail morphs on the G8 figure at SD5 would be over 1G. If I have 10 morphs?

Daz3d also has file limits for each product.

I have created AFE smooth for 45 characters. I will add Smooth update as more character comes along.

Send me a note if you need that specific character to work with AFE. I will try to make it work for you.

Best

• DMaster said:

vanteal620

So I'm confused.

1. yes. I smooth out the geometry for given characters I do have. Yes, you can use custom shape only to a limit. (See image 1)If you add Skin Details it helps remove the bad soothing to a limit. The product has PowerPose and 26 Real HD Expression morphs for you to play with. These have no limits on custom Characters.

2. (see image 2) for now, can you uninstall AFE G8F from the main directory. Can you create a 2nd directory and put AFE G8F into that. I am working on the update for G8F AFE to resolve this issue. (only if you have AFE G8Female and AFE G8Male)

3. You can edit your skin surface anytime. Just have to save materials and re-apply to AFE. You can del the AFE to work on the material and then add AFE to your character again or select Geometry selector (image 3) to show the hidden faces and then hide the AFE to view your material edit.

4. The AFE is designed for Male and Female so you must use a Male AFE and a Female AFE.

Thank you for responding with tips and info. Much appreciated. 

hfilb

Note. AFE does have more details on the Expressions morphs over that of the G8M SubD 2 level figure. Because I sculpted on the AFE at Sd3 and transfer over to G8 figures.

• hfilbhfilb Posts: 63
    edited December 2019
    DMaster said:

hfilb

Note. AFE does have more details on the Expressions morphs over that of the G8M SubD 2 level figure. Because I sculpted on the AFE at Sd3 and transfer over to G8 figures.

I see. So because the details were sculpted on the AFE shell when G8M was at SubD3, and because AFE shell effectively doubles the set SubD level on the head, it is necessary to increase the G8M SubD to Level 6 to achieve the same detail as SubD Level 3 + AFE. That's a genius way of getting around bloated filesizes (SubD 4 is already expensive...).

But I must ask: can't the HD details be sculpted on a less dense mesh, maybe Level 4 or 5? Some larger facial creases and big spots probably don't need lots of polys to sculpt in. It is more work and totally not feasible to redo the product...I'm just wondering :) . For your own financial benefit (assuming it is possible), you then could sell the HD details as a standalone product instead of relying on it being bundled with AFE. Of course, it will work better with AFE because the entire figure doesn't need to be high SubD, but the possibility is there for people who might not want to buy the bundle. 

Don't take this as a negative to your skill DMaster, but I think this product is doing too many things at once. There are so many goodies that can be used indepentendly but also rely a little bit on eachother that when one part isn't 'as good' as someone expects, they completely overlook the other great aspects. Perhaps decoupling some dependencies might save some headache when troubleshooting with customers. Maybe an idea for future is to target each sub-product (HD details, expressions, AFE) to a different demographic.

AFE -> useful for people into realtime rendering, other 3D programs, advanced users who need speed/memory

HD details -> probably most of Daz users understand HD details now. This is easy to market. Maybe some detail can be at SubD5/6 (but most at 4 like other products) with a little note that AFE will save memory if they use that.

HD expressions + powerpose -> people who know what powerpose is, and if they dont, they at least get a few expressions to play with.

Maybe this is a terrible idea. IDK. But reading this entire thread it seems there is A LOT of confusion over what this product is doing which is a shame :( . It's actually a great technical achievement and I hope you continue sculpting HD details for other parts of the body too.

I have created AFE smooth for 45 characters. I will add Smooth update as more character comes along.

Send me a note if you need that specific character to work with AFE. I will try to make it work for you.

Thank you for the offer. I make my own characters/morphs in Blender though so the crazy issues with the shell is my own fault. I rely on the subdivions to smooth out my sculpt instead of doing it myself with a brush :P . That's OK though, I mainly love this product for the powerpose template .

Post edited by hfilb on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited December 2019

Not bad ;)

Christian AFE.jpg
    850 x 778 - 90K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Does the powerpose template replace the default one?

Even with your G8F product I've never really understood how to access it. or what it does specifically.