[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,519

I'm having trouble batch converting, no idea why it wants one character loaded in the blank scene? I have to click cancel, and then the program finished converting, then it goes onto the next character and stops with this same error. Can someone pls help?
    So glad you made this, it'll make my library much more usable. Love the clothes converters too.

It should want no characters in the scene.  However, what I think is happening is that you are getting an error while loading a character.  The script thinks there is a problem and tries to go to the next character.  I have no idea why you are getting that Missing File "Scene/VivienneMorphs.duf" but that it is looking for a scene file indicates there is some type of corruption.  

I'm having trouble batch converting, no idea why it wants one character loaded in the blank scene? I have to click cancel, and then the program finished converting, then it goes onto the next character and stops with this same error. Can someone pls help?
    So glad you made this, it'll make my library much more usable. Love the clothes converters too.

It should want no characters in the scene.  However, what I think is happening is that you are getting an error while loading a character.  The script thinks there is a problem and tries to go to the next character.  I have no idea why you are getting that Missing File "Scene/VivienneMorphs.duf" but that it is looking for a scene file indicates there is some type of corruption.  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,337

Thanks a lot, jenniferhughey.

•  I'm having trouble batch converting, no idea why it wants one character loaded in the blank scene? I have to click cancel, and then the program finished converting, then it goes onto the next character and stops with this same error. Can someone pls help?

Ok, so do you know how I would fix this? It's a blank scene when I start..and the program itself says it is clearing the scene..It's going to take forever if I have to click cancel on each character :-(

Ok, so do you know how I would fix this? It's a blank scene when I start..and the program itself says it is clearing the scene..It's going to take forever if I have to click cancel on each character :-(

I wish I did.  That message comes up from opening the character file and the script cannot control what DS is doing at that point.  Anyone know?  @chohole?  @Richard Haseltine?  Perhaps you could send them or Daz support a message.

I wish I did.  That message comes up from opening the character file and the script cannot control what DS is doing at that point.  Anyone know?  @chohole?  @Richard Haseltine?  Perhaps you could send them or Daz support a message.

Actually, let's confirm this. 

• Create a empty scene
    • Open the Window->Pane->Script IDE
    • Paste this code in there:
    function ApplyPreset( preset )
    {
      var status = true;
      try
      {
        var oContentMgr = App.getContentMgr();
        status = oContentMgr.openFile(preset);
      }
      catch(e) {
        print('Error applying preset %1'.arg(preset));
        status = false;
      }
      return status;
    }
    ApplyPreset( 'D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Skinchangers/Skinchangers Wolves.duf' );
    • Change the ApplyPreset line to use one of your problem characters (note that you can use forward slashes for the path on Windows or Mac)
    • Click the Execute button

The character should load.  Does the error message also occur?

• HatBHatB Posts: 77

Is there any way to limit the files that are being read when searching for g3 figures? It takes forever to go through all my files. I wish it would let me tell it to search from SKU 21630 (Genesis 3 Starter Essentials) till the end.or until a given SKU.

edited August 2019
    HatB said:

Is there any way to limit the files that are being read when searching for g3 figures? It takes forever to go through all my files. I wish it would let me tell it to search from SKU 21630 (Genesis 3 Starter Essentials) till the end.or until a given SKU.

You can use the Add Files and select a bunch of files to add.  As long as the "Check Content Type" option is checked, it will discard any non-"Actor/Character" files.   You can of course also use the Add Directory on subdirectories under People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters.

EDIT: Also, you can just let it scan once however long it takes, and then immediately hit Save to save the list and exit the dialog.  The next time you start the dialog, the files will still be there.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • eaea Posts: 48

Margie (by Sangriart) G3F and G8F converted with scene converter. The result for head and body in general is really good, excepted for breasts, but Margie breasts are a little specific, in using other morphs I succeeded to bring them closer from G3F ones

margie.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 268K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,368

I'm also getting this when transfering a dial spun character. Along with the autofit problem I'm beggining to wonder if this is just not suitable for home spun dialed characters.

CC4.JPG
    477 x 680 - 44K
  • scorpio said:

I'm also getting this when transfering a dial spun character. Along with the autofit problem I'm beggining to wonder if this is just not suitable for home spun dialed characters.

Oh my, she's From Beyond. I hope you can get your issues resolved. It's very odd how some of us are having so many problems and others, like myself, are not. I have already transferred almost a dozen characters with the scene converter and every single one had worked. I have somewhere around fifteen Daz 7 ladies transferred too and haven't had a single issue except for Fred Winkler's Taia which I was able to adjust and rerun the script.
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Converted 48 characters (some of which were ones I had made by combining various morphs) in just under 2 hours.  I  have not yet had time to go through and check the results yet but I am expecting that some may not have made the translation exactly in the same shapes in which they started due to my having created them with shaping morphs for ears and teeth and such that may put them  into the “extreme” category.  Batch converting went smoothly.  I will have time to check out the results more this weekend. My plan is to simply delete the ones that were too extreme from their G8 category and keep them as G3.  I am very very satisfied with this product and when the version for the males hits the store it will be an instant purchase for me as have been all the other conversion scripts that relate to the characters, clothes and hair items in my library.  Consider me a very happy customer.

edited August 2019
    Mayuka03pic01.jpg
    1300 x 1200 - 387K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited August 2019

Question:

Does it add the G8 Eyelashes element to the Character preset ?

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited August 2019
    ea said:

Margie (by Sangriart) G3F and G8F converted with scene converter. The result for head and body in general is really good, excepted for breasts, but Margie breasts are a little specific, in using other morphs I succeeded to bring them closer from G3F ones

That face looks really good!  Thanks for sharing.  

EDIT: Any idea what happened to the breasts?  I wouldn't think breasts would be HD morphs so that shouldn't be it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Noah LGP said:

Question:

Yes, it does.

scorpio said:

Wow, that is not good at all.  Extreme morphs should be the only problem you are encountering.  I can understand your frustration. I have converted home spun characters before without problems. What morphs are in your home spun character?  Could you post the Daz Log from the conversion?

scorpio said:

I asked this earlier but I think you missed it among the large stream of posts. After loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a normal G8F morph (not one that was from conversion), can you auto-fit? After loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a converted G8F morph (undial the normal G8F morph), can you auto-fit?

Daikatana said:

Converted 48 characters (some of which were ones I had made by combining various morphs) in just under 2 hours.  I  have not yet had time to go through and check the results yet but I am expecting that some may not have made the translation exactly in the same shapes in which they started due to my having created them with shaping morphs for ears and teeth and such that may put them  into the “extreme” category.  Batch converting went smoothly.  I will have time to check out the results more this weekend. My plan is to simply delete the ones that were too extreme from their G8 category and keep them as G3.  I am very very satisfied with this product and when the version for the males hits the store it will be an instant purchase for me as have been all the other conversion scripts that relate to the characters, clothes and hair items in my library.  Consider me a very happy customer.

I am glad it went well for you.  With the extreme ones, try dialing down the tolerance (from 0.06 > 0.02 or even smaller).  You can sometimes get great results with lower tolerance.

GlenWebb said:
    Noah LGP said:

Question:

Yes, it does.

As @GlenWebb said, you have the eyelashes element.  The main script even tries to copy the materials from the G3F eyelashes and eyemoisture surfaces to the G8 Eyelashes surfaces.

Thanks.

edited August 2019
    ea said:

EDIT: Any idea what happened to the breasts?  I wouldn't think breasts would be HD morphs so that shouldn't be it.

Well, That's difficult to explain and it's not evident to post nude breasts here ;)  So I tried to hide the biggest area in keeping visible the problematic part. I hope nobody will be shocked. The difference is more obvious on the preview image than on the rendered one (converted with 0,014 tolerance setting).

Images removed     please take note of this thread  Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

For genX transfers we would use the custom shape option as the dials are not located in the content library correct? It seems to transfer kind of well but the character stays the same height but the shape changes to match, for example trying to transfer the Maddie 3 shape, it transfers the shape but you end up with a giant child lol

scorpio said:

I asked this earlier but I think you missed it among the large stream of posts. After loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a normal G8F morph (not one that was from conversion), can you auto-fit? After loading a vanilla G8F, if you dial in a converted G8F morph (undial the normal G8F morph), can you auto-fit?

Yes that works fine I have no problems with autofit except for when trying on a converted character.

scorpio said:

Wow, that is not good at all.  Extreme morphs should be the only problem you are encountering.  I can understand your frustration. I have converted home spun characters before without problems. What morphs are in your home spun character?  Could you post the Daz Log from the conversion?

Sorry no log I've closed DS and my computer since, I'll try again when I have time and post the log then, I'll also list the morphs there are quite a few.

•  I'm having trouble batch converting, no idea why it wants one character loaded in the blank scene? I have to click cancel, and then the program finished converting, then it goes onto the next character and stops with this same error. Can someone pls help?

Actually, let's confirm this. 

• Create a empty scene
    • Open the Window->Pane->Script IDE
    • Paste this code in there:
    function ApplyPreset( preset )
    {
      var status = true;
      try
      {
        var oContentMgr = App.getContentMgr();
        status = oContentMgr.openFile(preset);
      }
      catch(e) {
        print('Error applying preset %1'.arg(preset));
        status = false;
      }
      return status;
    }
    ApplyPreset( 'D:/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Characters/Skinchangers/Skinchangers Wolves.duf' );
    • Change the ApplyPreset line to use one of your problem characters (note that you can use forward slashes for the path on Windows or Mac)
    • Click the Execute button

The character should load.  Does the error message also occur?

Character doesn't load error line 15, maybe something I typed in wasn't correct?

amandla error.JPG
    3807 x 1945 - 504K
    ea said:
    ea said:

Well, That's difficult to explain and it's not evident to post nude breasts here ;)  So I tried to hide the biggest area in keeping visible the problematic part. I hope nobody will be shocked. The difference is more obvious on the preview image than on the rendered one (converted with 0,014 tolerance setting).

Images removed     please take note of this thread  Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity

I thought to have not cross the line... never mind.

• KooreoKooreo Posts: 47

I have a suggestion to make this product better. Currently, for the textures, it just copies them from gen 3 to gen 8 using the original textures files and location. What would be better is if instead copied the files to a new folder directory and used those files. When I convert a gen 3 model to gen 8 I don't want to have the old model hanging around in my files anymore but if you are a dim user and you uninstall the old character you will lose the textures unless you manually install them to there directory afterward.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,304
    Kooreo said:

I have a suggestion to make this product better. Currently, for the textures, it just copies them from gen 3 to gen 8 using the original textures files and location. What would be better is if instead copied the files to a new folder directory and used those files. When I convert a gen 3 model to gen 8 I don't want to have the old model hanging around in my files anymore but if you are a dim user and you uninstall the old character you will lose the textures unless you manually install them to there directory afterward.

I have to disagree with this, as I doubt most people are going to go in and delete the Genesis 3 version of the character after conversion, so having those (sometimes quite large) texture files copied and automatically placed in a new file means that most people are going to have two copies of the exact same texture files taking up additional space on their hard drives. That would make sense to do if most are going to uninstall the G3 version of the character, but I doubt most will (who knows, I could be wrong though - I just figure most people are going to probably keep both versions for various reasons. Again, I might be wrong). 

Having that as an OPTION though, like "Create New Texture File" might be a nice option - but that's a lot of additional work to code, I'm sure, and the product is already pretty robust and does quite a bit. :)