XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 2020
    For a custom character you need to assign all the used morphs to a new character slider and freeze that then save it. This means all the used dials are now controlled with one main property. There are lots of tutorials which show how to do this. Once thats saved then all you do is favourite that slider and it will transfer all related used morphs. Now when you dial up that slider on g8 your shape will match. We actually busy on a product that does just this. If your character just has used dials that isn't assigned to a property which controls them then you will have to favourite them all and after transfer you will have to dial up the matching values.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Zev0 said:

Our aim is to get it out before the year is over along side the inter gender module.

Any news if that's still the projection? And, I don't know if it is possible, but what would be a  marvellous time saviour was a tool that would allow you to replace a character of one generation with another (like G3F -> G8F) maintaining current pose and possibly all in the puppeteer pane, even better if that could work cross gender (like G3F -> G3M) Would that something you could take a look on?

Actually I would be even happy with a tool/script that would allow to copy the 6 DoFs of the character (and possibly hip, too) to another as the internal figure copy/paste for some reason does not....

edited December 2020

"Any news if that's still the projection?"

We not going to make that deadline unfortunately. Let's just say there was a huge spanner thrown in the mix. But it's on our to do list to get this all out when new year starts..I had 5 planned releases before year ends that just haven't gotten done:(

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

Zev0 said:

I had 5 planned releases before year ends that just haven't gotten done:(

Don't worry, take your time, I know it's going to be good in the end! Enjoy the holidays and stay safe and in good health!

Thank you, You too. Have a good one.yes

• edited December 2020

Hello, I have a big problem with Xtransfer. I don't know what to do next. DAZ3D 4.12 likes to crash, at 71%.
     V7 works now. The rest of the morphs don't work.

Post edited by Chaosqueens-World on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,573
    edited December 2020

Chaosqueens-World said:

Hallo, ich habe ein großes Problem mit Xtransfer. Ich weiß nicht, was ich als nächstes tun soll. DAZ3D 4.12 stürzt mit 71% gerne ab.
     V7 funktioniert jetzt. Der Rest der Morphen funktioniert nicht.

Hello, I have a big problem with Xtransfer. I don't know what to do next. DAZ3D 4.12 likes to crash, at 71%.
     V7 works now. The rest of the morphs don't work.

Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode rather than adding censor bars to the image.

This is the image with the left half of the figure being distorted while the right is correct, I think others have run into the same problem so if you scroll back through the thread you may find a fix. Edit: Possibly here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5959101/#Comment_5959101

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited December 2020

Any update on my reported crashes with 4.12 and 4.14? Previously was working fine and now will crash out near the end - I had posted my log file. Not sure if it has anything to do with a Windows 10 update (I'm on 20H2). 

txt
    txt
    Daz Crash Log - XTransfer.txt
    Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • I purchased Xtransfer recently and tried to transfer the gen3 skinchangers model to gen 8. Daz now either crashes when I try to load *any* gen 8 male or completely messes with them (see attached image). How do I fix this issue?

• sbrinabean said:

I purchased Xtransfer recently and tried to transfer the gen3 skinchangers model to gen 8. Daz now either crashes when I try to load *any* gen 8 male or completely messes with them (see attached image). How do I fix this issue?

See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6347526/#Comment_6347526

sbrinabean said:

I purchased Xtransfer recently and tried to transfer the gen3 skinchangers model to gen 8. Daz now either crashes when I try to load *any* gen 8 male or completely messes with them (see attached image). How do I fix this issue?

The answer is in the userguide towards the bottom.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

Apologies if this was answered before, but this thread is quite long and the forum search function isn't great...

XTransfer has created transferred some (but not all) basic morphs from G3 to G8 although I never did any of that manually:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Base
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Base Correctives
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Base Pose
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/DAZ 3D/Head

Those seem redundant and unnecessary... are there negative consequences to deleting those folders?

Why were they created to begin with?

Thanks!

What character did you choose to convert:?

I noticed this after I had already converted a number of characters, so I don't know which one(s) caused this...

edited January 2021

The base and head was included if any of the following was included on a character

Base - navel, nipples, .

Head - any of the base daz head morphs

It is hard to say why base correctives and base pose was included unless I know exactly what character caused them to transfer over.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ok... thanks for the speedy reaction, anyway!

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Any progress on additional modules and cross gender? Hope they have not been scrapped, sorry so impatient

edited February 2021

Nothing been scrapped. This 8.1 update just delayed things and my partner was heavily involved in aspects of its developement and release.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

I have found X-Transfer very picky on what it will and will not transfer.. I have been trying to transfer https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-jade-hd-for-teen-josie-7 but eveytime I try it crashes at 71% when it is loading in the required files..  In the end I have given up and trying and just using Genesis 3 version of Jade..

Hmmm..It shouldn't crash apon loading a character. Can you try again and send me a log file?
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited March 2021

Zev0 said:

Hmmm..It shouldn't crash apon loading a character. Can you try again and send me a log file?

Here is the log file buried in there somewhere is the error, thank you for your help as your addon is a must have.. smiley Hopefully you can find what is wrong, as transferring the base characters are no problem.. But transferring some custom characters like Jade is, the issue is that while Jade refuses to transfer over, some other custom characters will transfer, not sure why..

Update: Finally got Jade to port over to Genesis 8 Female, using Daz Studio's transfer utlility option.. Found a short tutorial on youtube for porting G8 to G3, interestingly I found it worked going in the other direction..  Eitherway it still has me flumoxed as to why while other custom characters would work Jade would not..

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • hi

What does this mean when some morphs in the list are greyed (see screenshot)? And what to do to be checked and transferred?

Because I transferred my G3 custom char to G8, but when checking the G8 with transferred morphs, some morphs are missing

thx

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.04.12_13h35m44s_004_.png
    923 x 413 - 62K
    edited April 2021

Some morphs are compulsory and needed when transferring and cannot be unchecked based on how they are linked, hense why they are greyed out. They will auto transfer.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Some morphs are compulsory and needed when transferring and cannot be unchecked based on how they are linked, hense why they are greyed out. They will auto transfer.

ok ty :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Okay, I've got a different question. 

My content library is filling up, so I'm splitting my content between two hard drives. The Character library will be on the new one. But I don't want to just copy the whole thing over. There's a gfair amount of older stuff which I'm not likely to use, and I might as well reinstall what i do want to keep.

However, I spent a number of days converting G3 characters to G8 and I'd just as soon not have to do that again.

Moving the thumbnails will be a no-brainer, but the conversions were done quite awhile ago, and now I don't know where I need to look to find the accompanying data files which need to be copied over to move them to the new drive.

WHat is the path that I need to reproduce in hopes of being able to port the finished conversions over?

edited April 2021

Regarding XTransfer stuff all you need to do is move the Xtransfer folder located here 

\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

to same structure as your new content library where Genesis 8 Female or Male is. All slider icons are inside the XTransfer folder already.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Thanks. I knew it was in there somewhere, but I kept looking for it under Zev0.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 481

Hi, been away from rendering for a couple of years. Still using daz studio 4.10. My questions: will this work with DS 4.10? If I have morphs transferred from m4 to m7 using genx can I transfer those morphs and just those morphs to M8?

edited April 2021

"My questions: will this work with DS 4.10"

It should. Think 4.9.3.166 is lowest version compatible.

" If I have morphs transferred from m4 to m7 using genx can I transfer those morphs and just those morphs to M8?"

Yes

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 481

Zev0 said:

"My questions: will this work with DS 4.10"

It should. Think 4.9.3.166 is lowest version compatible.

" If I have morphs transferred from m4 to m7 using genx can I transfer those morphs and just those morphs to M8?"

Yes

Great! Thank you!