XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

Send me your studio log file please. In studio go to help/troubleshooting/view log file and send me the .txt

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    jesuschoy said:
    nicstt said:

Makes total sense.

XTransfer cannot find some files because it searches drive E:, but on my PC there is no drive E, only C: and F:
    Why are you looking for files on a drive that does not exist?
    I have already uninstalled and installed the XTransfer module several times with Daz Imstall Manager, but the error persists.
    See attached image.

You have a setting somewhere that X transfer is looking for I'd guess; it's either a bug, or something set incorrectly by the user; we don't like admitting it, but we do all make mistakes. Took me an hour yesterday to realise why something wasn't rendering correctly in Blender - called myself some pretty uncomplimentary names once I'd realised.

If uninstalling X transfer hasn't solved then look elsewhere; hopefully Zev0 can offer a suggestion as it may be a bug.

Need the log file.....

• jesuschoyjesuschoy Posts: 57
    nicstt said:
    jesuschoy said:
    nicstt said:

Makes total sense.

XTransfer cannot find some files because it searches drive E:, but on my PC there is no drive E, only C: and F:
    Why are you looking for files on a drive that does not exist?
    I have already uninstalled and installed the XTransfer module several times with Daz Imstall Manager, but the error persists.
    See attached image.

You have a setting somewhere that X transfer is looking for I'd guess; it's either a bug, or something set incorrectly by the user; we don't like admitting it, but we do all make mistakes. Took me an hour yesterday to realise why something wasn't rendering correctly in Blender - called myself some pretty uncomplimentary names once I'd realised.

If uninstalling X transfer hasn't solved then look elsewhere; hopefully Zev0 can offer a suggestion as it may be a bug.

I made some changes:
    I changed the letter of the disk to E:
    I uninstalled and installed Xtransfer more than twice and now it does recognize the disk, but it has other errors that I mention in the files I send below.
    Xtransfer installed and uninstalled it with DIM, I even downloaded it from DAZ3D.com and installed it once with the same results.
    I also uninstalled and installed DAZ Studio, and it's still the same, plus PostgreSQL CMS doesn't work for me.
    Attachment files with errors and log.txt.

XtransferError1.jpg
    773 x 741 - 68K
    XtransferError2.jpg
    1331 x 852 - 120K
    XtransferError3.jpg
    1112 x 891 - 102K
    txt
    txt
    log Xtransfer.txt

Does it have something to do with my main user on my PC being "Jesús Choy Ley" and not "Jesus Choy Ley" (without accented letters)?

jesuschoy said:

Does it have something to do with my main user on my PC being "Jesús Choy Ley" and not "Jesus Choy Ley" (without accented letters)?

As I thought, the accented characters used on Spanish keyboards do affect the operation of certain DS modules.
    I created a user with a name without these characters, I ran the DS program and the two errors that appear with the user with accented characters disappeared: PostgreSQL and XTransfer.
    They should put a warning regarding accented characters in the name of Windows users, as this is what causes these errors and others that I am not aware of.

Hi. Sorry for late reply. Yes we were testing the special characters because another user had same issue. Glad that resolved it.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Glad you've found it.

• Zev0 said:

Hi. Yes it is nearly done..We are just busy cleaning up the eyes. Right now on heavily customized character shapes it distorts, so we are resolving the issue.

Has there been any updates on the G8 to G3 version?

• Was this problem ever resolved? I seem to be having a similar issue.

• edited August 2020
    twitch99 said:

I just bought this 4/24/2020 and tried to use it today.  I should have the latest script version, the .DSE file date is 4/26/2020 at 08:52.  I looked through the previous 27 pages and did not see my issue addressed.  I have tried both G3M and G3F morph transfers of Bethany 7, V7 and M7.  I have no issues with the script running, no crashes and it takes 2-4 minutes.

The issue is when I load the base G8 figure, the XT morphs do not show up in Parameters.  There is no Xtransfer line under Actor as shown in the instruction PDF.

I have only one content directory and I can find the Xtansfer created morph files in the correct location on my hard drive.

Below are screen shots of G8 Parameters and of the XTransfer morphs in the data section of my hard drive.  I have deleted the XTransfer folded in data a couple of times and reloaded DAZ multiple times.  

og file attached also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry... The quote didn't carry over.This is the problem I'm referring to.I've looked at my folder structure and I can't see why the Xtransfer morphs won't show up.

Post edited by kennrowe_f558b276d6 on
    edited August 2020

I need a log file please. If they are in the G8 data folder they should appear on the figure. if you click on the "Browse to Saved XTransfer Morphs" button does it take you here and show XTransfer folder? See attachment.

Capture.JPG
    665 x 610 - 31K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • "Browse to Xtransfer Morphs" button works as it is supposed to work. Everything "looks" right. Thank you for your quick attention.laugh

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M

Can you zip up your xtransfer folder on G8 with the morphs and send to me please? We need to see something. Send link via a pm. Thanks

KenRowe this is the problem..Your Author name inside Studio is messed up. Please change it and try again. See all the funny characters? The script cannot read that. All those who have morphs not showing up please check your author name. Thanks.

Capture.JPG
    2536 x 1294 - 679K
    2.JPG
    656 x 526 - 49K
  • Zev0 said:

KenRowe this is the problem..Your Author name inside Studio is messed up. Please change it and try again. See all the funny characters? The script cannot read that. All those who have morphs not showing up please check your author name. Thanks.

I'll give that a go. Thank you so much!
  • supernoobsupernoob Posts: 154
    edited August 2020

I've used this product several times recently without any problems. I load G3 base, I favourite the morphs (full character + head + body), I load the script, then I just click transfer morphs. I tend to only do one character at a time. I don't mess around with anything else, I just let it do it's thing. It's never given me any problems before but it's started behaving strangely.

1. One character transfer created some new file structure solely for the PNGs of that character's morphs. See attached image. The folder 'My Librarydata' did not exist before and contains nothing other than the PNGs for that one character's morphs.

It also appeared to link a lot of seemingly unrelated morphs, mostly navels and nipples of other characters (not Daz base characters either, just 3rd party characters) for some reason. No navel or nipple morphs were favourited and I can't see any reason any of those additional characters would be linked to the character I was transferring.

2. The next characer I attempted to transfer fails with the message "Error moving morph file, exiting".

I've done another transfer since and that worked completely normally. It didn't error/fail, it didn't add a pile of extra morphs, and it didn't put the PNGs into the new file structure like the one above.

file-structure.png
    866 x 348 - 53K
    Post edited by supernoob on

Worked fine for me (see attachment). Also there is no need to favourite the head and body if you favourite the main character dial. They will automatically be added. Also things like navel and nipple are transferred if the character or body dial uses those morphs. You can manually unselect them in the linked morphs list.

Capture.JPG
    707 x 492 - 36K
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873
    Zev0 said:

Worked fine for me (see attachment). Also there is no need to favourite the head and body if you favourite the main character dial. They will automatically be added. Also things like navel and nipple are transferred if the character or body dial uses those morphs. You can manually unselect them in the linked morphs list.

Will favouriting the main character dial result in having separate head, body, and character dials, or will it only transfer a character dial?

edited August 2020

Yes it will include the head and body since they make up the main dial. XTransfer preserves links. If you dial up a morph and it dials up anything linked to it, they will be included unless you specifically deselect them in the linked list in the script, you do not have to always favourite them as well. If you are not sure, you can always favourite something, open script and see what is linked and will transfer, without having to transfer anything.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

Das ist gut!

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969
    edited August 2020
    Just trying this for the first time today. Script hangs at 71% and elapsed time stops ticking Tried 3 times have to use task manager to get Daz to end. When I restart Daz and open a new G3 Daz searches through Metadata and crashes. Reopen Daz and open G3 opens fine.
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
    edited August 2020

Ok after several tries it finally worked when I converted one at a time. How do I delete the messed up ones?

CHLOE2.PNG
    246 x 282 - 40K
    CHLOE1.PNG
    662 x 654 - 159K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
    edited August 2020

You will have to browse to the XTransfer folder in data on G8F and manually delete the ones you dont want.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Also what version of XT are you using?

It should be the current version as I always update. Thanks on how to delete the ugly morphs
  • supernoobsupernoob Posts: 154
    Zev0 said:

I might not have explained it very clearly...

When I transferred this character, it created the usual folder + morphs, exactly the same as in your screenshot. But it also created an additional top level folder as shown in my screenshot. I've transferred several characters before (and a few since) and this character is the only one that creates/uses this additional top level folder.

I understand that navel/nipple might be linked and can be deselected. However, the character in question is not just linking to a navel/nipple, it's linking to dozens of other (completely unrelated) character's nipples etc - there are so many of them that I don't really know which should be deselected. None of the other transfers have done this either.

And I have another character that gives the warning "Error moving morph file, exiting", which closes down the script.

edited August 2020

Clear your log file, then send it to me with the problem transfers in only.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hello.

I have a problem with the eyelashes on the conversion of a custom spin dial character.

The eyelashes are  offset from the eyes as per attached screenshots.

I have just read this entire thread and noticed a few months back someone else mentioned the same problem - however you requested screenshots and as none were posted I assume this has not been looked at.

I do not know if it makes any difference but my character at 165cm is a lot shorter than Generic G8 female - as I dial in the character  I can see the eyelashes come separated from the eyes as the characters height decreases.   

• Oops Sorry.

Re above post.

Pressed Post Comment by mistake.

I am having trouble uploading the screen shots - it just states Uploading and nothing else happens.

I will try again tomorrow.