XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635
    edited April 2020
    Zev0 said:

@Zev0

Hi

Downloaded the script from my product library and deleted then replaced the previous version. Now getting a constant "Debug: Error finding' when I try to load the script. It doesn't matter what I try to transfer...GenX, purchased characters, base characters, G3M, G3F, everything brings up the error message on both laptop and desktop, 4.11 and 4.12, both running W7

2020-03-31 14:12:25.545 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:12:25.686 DEBUG: Error finding
    2020-03-31 14:13:46.081 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:47.360 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:47.485 DEBUG: Error finding
    2020-03-31 14:13:50.225 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse

It's not being very helpful in telling me what it can't find, help please :)

Hi. The files the script looks for in your mapped content is (depending on gender): "People/Genesis 8 Female/Developer Kit/Genesis 8 Female Dev Load.duf" "People/Genesis 8 Male/Developer Kit/Genesis 8 Male Dev Load.duf"

Have those been moved or removed? The script uses those for transfers. If not then we need to dig deeper at your issue.

Aha! I knew it would be something simple! Yes, I renamed 'People' to 'Figures' long time ago. I found a couple of products needed the Genesis 8 Basic Male and Female in a People folder, so I will add the Dev Loads to that and try again. Thank you!

Edit: that fixed it, transferred GenX morph in 27 secs. Woot!

Post edited by lorraineopua on
  • galiengalien Posts: 137
    Zev0 said:

Will be doing that for Shape Rigger. But was not really needed for GenX as GenX morphs on G3 are rigged fine. But with the latest 1.2 fix (release date pending) of Xtransfer it won't be needed since the rigging issue is fixed in this latest test build we are busy with.

Thanks, I'll look forward to the updates.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

Update has been submitted. I will notify all when version 1.2 is live. Thank you all for your patience.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

Update has been submitted. I will notify all when version 1.2 is live. Thank you all for your patience.

We thank you for your hard work!

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 123
    Zev0 said:

Version 1.2 is live now, and it fixes the problems I was having. Thanks, Zev0!

Version 1.2 is now live.

f7eer said:
    Zev0 said:

Good to hear.

edited April 2020

Guys we are aware of a bug on some characters teeth where it gets distorted on the one side..We are looking into it. This issue is not present on all characters so it was hard to pick up. Thanks to f7eer for bringing this to our attention. Apparently it has existed since the original version and wasn't spotted by anybody till now.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,069
    f7eer said:
    Zev0 said:

Not for me... GenX transfers are still broken, even deleting everything and redoing all the transfers, the joint are always bad.

edited April 2020

What are you transferring? Genesis 1 Base morph has not been resolved yet. All joins on GenX G1 and G2 character shapes should be fine. Can I see what morphs you are trying to transfer please?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

What are you transferring? Genesis 1 Base morph has not been resolved yet. All joins on GenX G1 and G2 character shapes should be fine. Can I see what morphs you are trying to transfer please?

I used Sadie from 3D Universe, I'm trying some more right now.

Like before the elbows, knees and nape gets really bad bendings, along with some other, less noticeable, problems in whole body. I even tried re-rigging it following your previuos post, nothing to do, it solves only the hands issue and even the wrong way (when bending the fingers they also twists)

edited April 2020

I just transferred Sadie. The shape dialed in on its own gives me no distortions when bent. Like I said. I need to see what is dialed in on your side. I cannot help blind.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

I just transferred Sadie. The shape dialed in on its own gives me no distortions when bent. Like I said. I need to see what is dialed in on your side. I cannot help blind.

Here some screenshots. The non-toon shapes seems to work a bit better, but toon ones are really bad.

I tried with both rerigging and not, the titles on the images indicates it.

Sadie_4_Rerig.jpg
    1145 x 669 - 250K
    Sadie_5_Rerig.jpg
    1275 x 643 - 260K
    Sadie_6_OriginalRig.jpg
    1228 x 644 - 257K
    Sadie_NoGenesis.jpg
    1177 x 633 - 223K
    Sadie_WithGenesis.jpg
    1256 x 621 - 223K
    Sadie_WithGenesisRerig.jpg
    1133 x 616 - 226K
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the shots and comparisons. Gives me something to look at. I know extreme shapes like Sadie will have bend issues because it is reliant on a proper genesis base shape to balance it. I will see if using one from a clothing product gives better results. If not then it could just be that extreme G1 morphs are fighting with genesis 8's bend jcms in general and will compare on g3 as well. I will analyze all this info once I am infront of my rig.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020
    Also we have to remember it's a gift that g1 genx morphs transfers over to g8. We anticipated G2 as the furthest back possible without resistance. G1 was always an unknown. We will try our best to see how we can improve things regarding g1 in general but there are limitations because the mesh between g3 and g8 are different and genx was written to bring those to g3. I know for one we trying to solve why the base shape comes over so broken in the hands. We will maybe have to try and bring the base shape over to genesis 3 with different options inside genx itself, then transfer that to see if that is where the problem lies.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    Also we have to remember it's a gift that g1 genx morphs transfers over to g8. We anticipated G2 as the furthest back possible without resistance. G1 was always an unknown. We will try our best to see how we can improve things regarding g1 in general but there are limitations because the mesh between g3 and g8 are different and genx was written to bring those to g3. I know for one we trying to solve why the base shape comes over so broken in the hands. We will maybe have to try and bring the base shape over to genesis 3 with different options inside genx itself, then transfer that to see if that is where the problem lies.

Thanks for your efforts!

Ok regarding Teeth Distortions on certain characters this was our findings.

Turns out it is not the head morph that has teeth issues. It is the eyelashes morph. The problem is that the lashes morph doesn't do anything on G8's mesh now that the lashes are separate geometry but deltas exist in the morph. Since vertex count and order changed those lash verts end up affecting the teeth instead and it is scrambled. So we will have a fix for that. It was hard to spot because not all characters had this issues with the lashes.

• DysPhuleDysPhule Posts: 21

Coming late to the party. A weird sequence of events has left me unable to use G8 Female, loading any G8 female character causes DS to shutdown. Last month while building a new computer,  I was running Xtransfer G3 - G8 with 3DU Avery, (following the PDF) on my old computer. It froze up, as the pdf said it might, but after 45 mins, I shut it down. Since then I am not able to load a G8 Female character without a crash. A bug report was sent in, and it was recommended that I uninstall XTransfer, and delete the temp file. I have since transferred my content HDDs to the new computer and installed Daz Studio to my D: drive. I have my Daz Library on a seperate HDD and do not use the Public Documents library. Unfortunately, the problem persists and I am unable to locate a file with the XT morphs, DS appears to crash when XT morphs attempt to load. I have removed any file I could find with an XT reference and removed and reinstalled DS 4.12 numerous times to no avail. Right now I would just like to be able to use G8 characters again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

edited April 2020

If for some reason the transfer process is interrupted or you are forced to quite Studio itself, some users
    have experienced that Studio or Genesis 8 will crash apon loading. To Fix this issue simply navigate to the transferred
    morph location on your Genesis 8 Figure and delete the Product Folders inside XTransfer Directory, or last known set
    that did not complete. You can also delete the entire XTransfer folder if issue still exists and start again.

Location for XTransfer folder is 

Your Content Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer
    or
    Your Content Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

You can also navigate to this location via the Browse to my saved XTransfer Morphs button within the script.

Please make sure the right content library is mapped inside your studio.

Also did you download version 1.2?

It fixes the crashing issue. If the problem persists I need to see your log file please.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • pompom Posts: 0
    DysPhule said:

Me too. Every time crash on "loaded: default-shape.dsf".

Studio4.12 and G8F re-installed.
    delete ->data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

Very rarely, load successful.
    But, G8F is Destroyed.

https://imgur.com/a/5qcuSw8

DysPhule said:

Coming late to the party. A weird sequence of events has left me unable to use G8 Female, loading any G8 female character causes DS to shutdown. Last month while building a new computer,  I was running Xtransfer G3 - G8 with 3DU Avery, (following the PDF) on my old computer. It froze up, as the pdf said it might, but after 45 mins, I shut it down. Since then I am not able to load a G8 Female character without a crash. A bug report was sent in, and it was recommended that I uninstall XTransfer, and delete the temp file. I have since transferred my content HDDs to the new computer and installed Daz Studio to my D: drive. I have my Daz Library on a seperate HDD and do not use the Public Documents library. Unfortunately, the problem persists and I am unable to locate a file with the XT morphs, DS appears to crash when XT morphs attempt to load. I have removed any file I could find with an XT reference and removed and reinstalled DS 4.12 numerous times to no avail. Right now I would just like to be able to use G8 characters again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

edited April 2020

"Very rarely, load successful."

Can you specify exactly what this means? Does it load fixed, or always in state as shown in image attachment. Or doesn't the figure in general load sometimes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020

@pom - Are you sure all XTransfer folders and morphs are deleted? This issue only happens if they still exists on G8.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Version 1.3 is done and in testing.

edited April 2020

Hi Guys. Version 1.3 should be live. Please verify. Thank you for all your patience. The teeth distortion issue on some characters should be resolved now in this version.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • f7eerf7eer Posts: 123
    Zev0 said:

Hi Guys. Version 1.3 should be live. Please verify. Thank you for all your patience. The teeth distortion issue on some characters should be resolved now in this version.

Yes, it's live. I just downloaded it. Thanks for staying with this. It is a truly fantastic product.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

And is anyone experimenting with this version to see how well it might transfer morphs from David3 or Michael4? (I know it wasn't designed for that.)

You will have to bring those morphs over from Genesis 1 to Genesis 3 via GenX first since you cannot do native M4 or M3 to G3, then use XTransfer to do the G3 to G8 process. Results might not look exactly the same as M4 was a much higher density mesh than G3 and 8, so some detail loss is expected.

1.JPG
    470 x 1271 - 104K
    2.JPG
    822 x 868 - 53K
  • mfourniermfournier Posts: 19

Issue with Lashes no longer fitting to eyes after Xfer morph is applyed to Gen8

mfournier said:

Issue with Lashes no longer fitting to eyes after Xfer morph is applyed to Gen8

Can I see a screenshot?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited April 2020

Sorry for being lazy but I recently bought your XTransfer product instead of using Singular Blue's work (good as it is) and I want to know if I can use XTransfer to transfer this product's morphs from G8F to G8M:

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestones-face-morph-collection-for-the-girl-8

or vice versa, G3M to G8M to G8F:

https://www.daz3d.com/multi-man-for-genesis-3-male

Not being an expert on 3D modeling and DAZ 3D's JCMs, MCMs, and the like, supposing if what I asked about above was possible by XTransfer, then would I need after the xtransfer to use the Shape Rigger+ product I bought to adjust those transferred morphs?

Thanks very much!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on