XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2020
    fastbike1 said:

Zev0 "EG clicking on V7 icon and loading her in the scene then using Xtransfer. The product was designed to work with the default base figure only."

I'm afraid I must be misunderstanding what you're saying. I read this as only transferring G3 Female Base to to G8 Female Base. If true, this seems to be of very limited use.

Can I not transfer Eva 7 to Generation 8 Female? I hope I misunderstand.

@fastbike1, I bought this when it came out, but have been too busy to actually use it. Looking at your question, I decided to transfer Eva 7 as my first project so I could give you a step-by-step. Seriously, this couldn't be any easier.

Here is my step-by-step for XTransfering Eva 7:

1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Load the Genesis 3 Base Female.
    3. In the Parameters Tab, locate the Eva 7 morph under Actor > People > Real World
    4. Favorite the one morph, (click on the heart outline icon in the upper right of the parameter, next to the gear icon. When favorited, this heart becomes solid.)
    5. Open the XTransfer Script.
    6. Verify the content directory the morphs will be saved to.
    7. Click on the "Transfer Selected Morphs" button.
    8. Wait until the script has finished. (It took just over five minutes on my computer, which was a pretty fast little beast when I bought it 3-1.2 years ago.)
    9. Close the script once it has finished.

The script clears the scene and removes your favorite from the original morph, so you don't have to do so manually.

Just load the Genesis 8 Base Female, select her, and locate the morph under Actors in the Parameters tab. Dial in the morph and apply the original Eva 7 materials. (Tip: Select both the figure and the Eyelash addon, then double-click on the Eva 7 All Maps material preset. This will apply the materials to the eyelashes and eyemoisture at the same time it applies the materials to the base figure.)

I highly recommend you open the included PDF. XTransfer opens to the Info tab. Click on the button at the bottom of the script window to open the PDF. Everything I've outlined here is in the PDF, and a lot more.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited March 2020

@Zev0 "favourite its icon on the base figure under people."

Thanks.that clears up my confusion. I also realize that I had "skipped over the instructions to "favorite" morphs/characters since I rarely favorite anything. Won't make that mistake again.

@L'Adair 

I appreciate the step by step. I also haven't used it yet since Zev0 was clearly working hard to fix peoples issues. I do try to always look as associated pdfs when PAs take the effort to make them.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited March 2020

Are there fixes to this coming? I get a CTD at the 71% mark. Trying to load G8F after also causes a crash.

Post edited by Madbat on
  • notsram_827a4d215enotsram_827a4d215e Posts: 21
    edited March 2020
    Madbat said:

Are there fixes to this coming? I get a CTD at the 71% mark. Trying to load G8F after also causes a crash.

We're all hoping so. Zev0 posted on the 10th that an update would be coming "within the week", but given how world events have moved in that time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it takes a bit longer than that.

Post edited by notsram_827a4d215e on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Yeah, hope folks are staying home and bathing in disinfectant where possible.

• HaddixxHaddixx Posts: 88

I've got a strange one that I'm hoping @Zev0 or the community can help me with.  I was transfering a number of characters from G3 to G8 and have been careful of using only the BASE G3 figure.  The characters were Lilinoe and two of Maddelirium's (Jerica and Lacie).  The transfer of Lilinoe worked great but for Maddelirium's they got screwed up.  The bigger problem is now my base G8 character has a problem with the navel.  See the included image.  It also affects all characters I load that use the BASE G8 character.  I can get it back to normal by going to Actor->Waist and setting XT Navel to 0% (it is defaulted at 100%).  Can someone help me understand what I did wrong and how I can fix this so the G8 Base Character and all my G8 figures will load normally.  Thanks.  Really appreciate the help and love the tool.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 1.09.59 PM.png
    4018 x 3006 - 2M
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

I can report that after my reinstallation of Windows and Daz, XTransfer now works for me without issue!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited March 2020
    Haddixx said:

I've got a strange one that I'm hoping @Zev0 or the community can help me with.  I was transfering a number of characters from G3 to G8 and have been careful of using only the BASE G3 figure.  The characters were Lilinoe and two of Maddelirium's (Jerica and Lacie).  The transfer of Lilinoe worked great but for Maddelirium's they got screwed up.  The bigger problem is now my base G8 character has a problem with the navel.  See the included image.  It also affects all characters I load that use the BASE G8 character.  I can get it back to normal by going to Actor->Waist and setting XT Navel to 0% (it is defaulted at 100%).  Can someone help me understand what I did wrong and how I can fix this so the G8 Base Character and all my G8 figures will load normally.  Thanks.  Really appreciate the help and love the tool.

You did nothing wrong. This has been fixed in the update (still to be released). What happens in the current version is it dials all linked mcm navel morphs at the same time to the g3 navel (XT Navel) if you transferred it and it was dialed up. What you can do is just not transfer the G3 Navel morph, and when you dial in the navel morph on G8, the transferred character navel morph will now work correctly. It will dial with the G8 navel morph instead of the XT Navel. However to do this you need to delete the xt navel morph you transferred, and then re-transfer the character and when you do that, just untick the G3 main navel morph (check the linked morphs in list before you transfer if it is there). When you do this the characters navel mcm will now automatically use the G8 Navel, and without issues. What we found that this issue was not just related to the navel, but breast gone as well. It had to do with how morphs were linked. We also made the script a lot smarter to not include all linked morphs related to it certain morphs, but only the one from the character. So this issue won't happen once update is released. Once released, you can use the XT navel again and there won't be any issues. If the character navel morph isnt that important to you, just delete XT navel if transferred, and use the G8 navel morph. That will fix your issue as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks @Zev0.  I'll give that a try when I convert the next G3 character.  How do I fix the G8 Base Character?  Do I just delete all the morphs in the folders "Base" and "Base Correctives" under "Daz3D->Studio->My Daz Connect Library->data->DAZ3D->Gensis 8->Female->Morphs->XTransfer->Daz3D?  

What happens if I delete everything under the XTransfer folder?  Will I just need to re-convert the characters I already converted or will this mess something up?

edited March 2020
    Haddixx said:

Thanks @Zev0.  I'll give that a try when I convert the next G3 character.  How do I fix the G8 Base Character?  Do I just delete all the morphs in the folders "Base" and "Base Correctives" under "Daz3D->Studio->My Daz Connect Library->data->DAZ3D->Gensis 8->Female->Morphs->XTransfer->Daz3D?  

What happens if I delete everything under the XTransfer folder?  Will I just need to re-convert the characters I already converted or will this mess something up?

Just search for XT Navel in the Xtransfer Folder and delete it. That should work.

"What happens if I delete everything under the XTransfer folder?  Will I just need to re-convert the characters I already converted or will this mess something up?"

You will just lose all content you decided to transfer. You can if you want just delete the character product folder in there, you do not have to delete all converterted content.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks so much.  Your products are awesome and really appreciate the great support.

• XTransfer is working great. I had Daz Studio crashed when running the script after marking favorite on Actor -> Full Body -> People -> Real world -> (Character name), I should've marked favorite on Actor -> People -> Real world -> (Character name). After doing that, the crash never happened.

One annoying issue is that when openning gen 8 character, body and head morph dial always go to 100% for some converted characters.  I wonder if there is anything I can do to prevent this.

edited March 2020

"One annoying issue is that when openning gen 8 character, body and head morph dial always go to 100% for some converted characters.  I wonder if there is anything I can do to prevent this."

I need to see a screenshot please of the dialed morphs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2020

Hi Guys..Product should be live again in store with Update..Should say V1.1 on script

Please read the user guide as well as we added some additional information. Thank you all.

Change Log

- fixed issue with XGen morphs transferring
    - added background progress tracking
    - changed G3 morphs to save to XTTemp folder
    - added checks to prevent crashes
    - updates bone orientations
    - fixed issue with lToes and rToes
    - added check for character presets
    - added progress dialog during launch
    - changed OBJ export to not write faces
    - auto-cleanup of XTTemp and appdata folders on script launch
    - added multi-select for multiple morphs. Hold shift, select morphs and right click for options.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    Thank you Zev0 for this product and your hard work and dedication to this.
  • Thanks Zev0 for taking the amount of time for this update. A side note, the GenX morphs transfered perfectly. Just have to be careful with only extreme angry expressions and even then, it works at 85-90 percent.

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited March 2020

Ok So I actually didn't get round to using this product since it's release so I'm just catching up with everything since the update and have been transferring G3M characters and all was fine. I didn't transfer a batch but did them individually. Am I right in thinking that it should just be the base character that is favorited and not the HD versions of the character? Also is there a preferred place to store the morph folder, or does it not matter?...the reason why I ask is that everything was fine, morphs look amazing, but when I load the Genesis 8 male base figure I got the following error (attached), even though it appeared to load up properly and the morphs all worked. I deleted my X-Transfer folder (which was in the data folder Daz3d - gen 8 - male - morphs - Xtransfer) and the Gen 8 male base figure then loaded up fine. I followed instructions to the letter, and like I said, all the morphs look fine, but only the base male figure error upon loading. 

POST EDIT - OK, found the culprit. It was Gianni 6 from the Legacies for G3M Heroes. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes ; For some reason, as well as creating the usual file for 'SLOSH' in the XTransfer folder, it also created one called 'Base' in the DAZ3D folder. In the Base folder was XT_PBMNavel.dsf and XT_PHMMouthRealismHD.dsf. Not sure if this 'base' file has anything to do with the causes of the error but it is definitely the character xtransfer that caused it. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.57.28 PM.png
    842 x 256 - 35K
    Post edited by Fungible User on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,069

I tranferred some G1 chars today, all worked properly and they are perfect... But the "base" Genesis1 ( the original shape) is broken, when I bend the elbows or the knees the "flesh" bends abnormally, like if the corrective morphs aren't tranferred. sad

That way I can't fully use G1 shapes since the base is needed for some of them to look correct.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201
    edited March 2020

thanks for the update, Zev0 and DiscoBob!  everything i've converted today has worked beautifully.  even a few genesis 1 and genesis 2 genX-generated morphs.

thanks!

j

Post edited by jardine on
    edited March 2020
    Imago said:

I tranferred some G1 chars today, all worked properly and they are perfect... But the "base" Genesis1 ( the original shape) is broken, when I bend the elbows or the knees the "flesh" bends abnormally, like if the corrective morphs aren't tranferred. sad

That way I can't fully use G1 shapes since the base is needed for some of them to look correct.

Is the G1 morph rigged? If not that is only reason why it distorts. Can I see a screenshot?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Thanks, Zevo, much appreciated all the work you've done. It's not updated yet in the product library, I'll check again tomorrow. Looking forward to being able to use it :)

Cheers

Lorraine

edited March 2020

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • hookflashhookflash Posts: 167
    edited March 2020

Seems to be working great so far! Just one question: Is it better to transfer the full character morph, or the separate head and body morphs?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm having the same issue as user "empty" (but with a different character)

Post edited by hookflash on
  • hookflashhookflash Posts: 167
    Zev0 said:
    empty said:

Ok So I actually didn't get round to using this product since it's release so I'm just catching up with everything since the update and have been transferring G3M characters and all was fine. I didn't transfer a batch but did them individually. Am I right in thinking that it should just be the base character that is favorited and not the HD versions of the character? Also is there a preferred place to store the morph folder, or does it not matter?...the reason why I ask is that everything was fine, morphs look amazing, but when I load the Genesis 8 male base figure I got the following error (attached), even though it appeared to load up properly and the morphs all worked. I deleted my X-Transfer folder (which was in the data folder Daz3d - gen 8 - male - morphs - Xtransfer) and the Gen 8 male base figure then loaded up fine. I followed instructions to the letter, and like I said, all the morphs look fine, but only the base male figure error upon loading. 

POST EDIT - OK, found the culprit. It was Gianni 6 from the Legacies for G3M Heroes. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes ; For some reason, as well as creating the usual file for 'SLOSH' in the XTransfer folder, it also created one called 'Base' in the DAZ3D folder. In the Base folder was XT_PBMNavel.dsf and XT_PHMMouthRealismHD.dsf. Not sure if this 'base' file has anything to do with the causes of the error but it is definitely the character xtransfer that caused it. 

"Also is there a preferred place to store the morph folder, or does it not matter?"

This is all automated. All you have to do is point to the content directory you wish to use if you have multiple ones. You do not need to touch anything else.

Also if you get a duplicate ID issue and there is no Xtransfer folder in your Genesis 8 data folder then the duplicate ID issue isn't related to Xtransfer. Can I see a log please?

I'm having the "duplicate ID" issue as well, but with the character "Yana" from Rendo. It happens when I try to transfer the body & head morphs (as opposed to the full figure morph). I deleted the XTransfer folder before attempting the transfer.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Cheers for this Zev0

• Zev0 said:
    empty said:

"Also is there a preferred place to store the morph folder, or does it not matter?"

This is all automated. All you have to do is point to the content directory you wish to use if you have multiple ones. You do not need to touch anything else.

Also if you get a duplicate ID issue and there is no Xtransfer folder in your Genesis 8 data folder then the duplicate ID issue isn't related to Xtransfer. Can I see a log please?

Log file sent to you via message. Thanks for taking the time. When the error occured the Xtransfer folder was in the Genesis 8 data folder, only after I deleted the XTransfer folder did the Genesis 8 male error disappear. I have since re-transfered all the G3M to G8 one by one and tested each after each transfer and all is working fine with excellent results. I left Gianni 6 until last. Only afer I have completed the transfer of Gianni 6 and loaded up the Genesis 8 base male to test the morph do I get the pop-up error.

hookflash said:

Seems to be working great so far! Just one question: Is it better to transfer the full character morph, or the separate head and body morphs?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm having the same issue as user "empty" (but with a different character)

It's best to transfer the character dial. It will include the characters head and body and scale correctly as intended.

edited March 2020

Edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    hookflash said:
    Zev0 said:
    empty said:

I'm having the "duplicate ID" issue as well, but with the character "Yana" from Rendo. It happens when I try to transfer the body & head morphs (as opposed to the full figure morph). I deleted the XTransfer folder before attempting the transfer.

I need the log file please.

edited March 2020

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on