XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited April 2020

Hi. XTransfer does not do cross gender transfers. Secondly there is no need to rig the morphs if using XTransfer. If a morph you are transferring is rigged it will preserve the rigging in the transferred morph.

If you want cross gender you will have to wait for XTransfer module 2 which does G8 to G3..

Now this is how you can do it once that is released-

G8M morphs to G3M via XTransfer Module 2, that G3M morphs to G3F via genx, that G3F morphs to G8F via XTransfer module 1.

We are finishing up module 2 it's nearly done. Will we do a dedicated cross gender transfer version of XTransfer? We dont know yet...Focus is on module 2.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. XTransfer does not do cross gender transfers. Secondly there is no need to rig the morphs if using XTransfer. If a morph you are transferring is rigged it will preserve the rigging in the transferred morph.

If you want cross gender you will have to wait for XTransfer module 2 which does G8 to G3..

G8M morphs to G3M via XTransfer Module 2, that G3M morphs to G3F via genx, that G3F morphs to G8F via XTransfer module 1.

We are finishing up module 2 it's nearly done. Will we do a dedicated cross gender transfer version of XTransfer? We dont know yet...Focus is on module 2.

Hate to ask but, is Module 2 an add-on like you did with "fit control" or is it a Standalone?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited April 2020
    Zev0 said:

OK, but it isn't actually XTransfer doing the G3M to G3F morph transfer then it would by genX. I will look at buying genX then instead. I don't need to go backward from G8 to G3 really.

Looks like I'll buy those and by thatr time you G8M to G8F and vice versa might be ready if you do that.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    Zev0 said:

OK, but it isn't actually XTransfer doing the G3M to G3F morph transfer then it would by genX. I will look at buying genX then instead. I don't need to go backward from G8 to G3 really.

Looks like I'll buy those and by thatr time you G8M to G8F and vice versa might be ready if you do that.

Ye GenX does it quite well.

• Thank you Zevo.  You have saved some of my favorite Genesis 3 Characters.

Hayley
    Jade
    Jun
    Karen 7
    Mallorie
    Ophelia 7

Easy conversion and with the Genesis 3 Character UV's for Genesis 8 Female I picked up during the $50.00 coupon, Ophelia 7 looks corect as "XT Ophelia" (she had a custom UV).  I may pick up a few more G3 characters now just to convert.

Sweetyes Enjoy!

• twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81

I just bought this 4/24/2020 and tried to use it today.  I should have the latest script version, the .DSE file date is 4/26/2020 at 08:52.  I looked through the previous 27 pages and did not see my issue addressed.  I have tried both G3M and G3F morph transfers of Bethany 7, V7 and M7.  I have no issues with the script running, no crashes and it takes 2-4 minutes.

The issue is when I load the base G8 figure, the XT morphs do not show up in Parameters.  There is no Xtransfer line under Actor as shown in the instruction PDF.

I have only one content directory and I can find the Xtansfer created morph files in the correct location on my hard drive.

Below are screen shots of G8 Parameters and of the XTransfer morphs in the data section of my hard drive.  I have deleted the XTransfer folded in data a couple of times and reloaded DAZ multiple times.  

og file attached also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Genesis 8 Fenale Parameters.png
    331 x 619 - 27K
    XTransfer in Explorer.png
    1051 x 311 - 38K
    txt
    txt
    DAZ Error Log.txt
    1M
    edited May 2020

Did u do a search for "xt" morphs on the figure inside studio?

Post edited by Zev0 on

I have tried to search for XT multiple times.  Attached is a screen shot of an XT search for Gen 8 Male.  I transferred Michael 7 only and the needed files are in Data..../Xtransfer folder on my hard drive.  The issue is DAZ is not adding those files to the Parameter Tab for Gen 8 Male for use.

I have only one content library.

Also screen shot showing files in Data and from XTransfer script setup before transfer of selected morphs.

Thanks for your quick response

XTransfer issue- missing in Parameters.png
    796 x 757 - 118K
    XTransfer issue Files in DAZ Library.png
    1161 x 344 - 44K
    Xtransfer issue XTransfer script.png
    1190 x 561 - 53K
    edited May 2020

Going to send you a PM.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Studio 4.12.0.86 and 4.12.1.109 Beta. Win 7 64 Bit, Xtransfer 1.3

I'm getting the Error "An asset filter with the class name DZObjExporter could not be found". This locks up Studio (the dialog keeps popping up when you click OK) so that I need to shut it down with Program Manager.

How to fix?

Can you post your log .txt here please.

fastbike1 said:

Studio 4.12.0.86 and 4.12.1.109 Beta. Win 7 64 Bit, Xtransfer 1.3

I'm getting the Error "An asset filter with the class name DZObjExporter could not be found". This locks up Studio (the dialog keeps popping up when you click OK) so that I need to shut it down with Program Manager.

How to fix?

This sounds like a bad install of Studio. Can you do a test and try and export an normal OBJ and tell me what happens. The issue is with studio's objexporter, not the product.

@Zev0 "sounds like a bad install of Studio"

You are probably right. Happens with both release 4.12.0.86 and Beta 4.12.1.109. The only export choices I get are *.mi and *.u3d. But bad installs of both the release and the beta? Everything else works although I don't ever export and none of the other pose conversion or clothes conversions or other scripts have problems. Any way to fix short of complete re-install? I'm leary of the recent release/Beta because of the unusaul issues being reported.

I never install Beta's....I cannot afford them messing with production work if they are problematic.

Still have the issue with 4.12.1.117 Beta, which is the same as the Release version. Any help from anyone? What amI missing to get the OBJ exporter? The OBJ Importer shows as an option when I select File>Import

• earl waveryearl wavery Posts: 12
    fastbike1 said:

Still have the issue with 4.12.1.117 Beta, which is the same as the Release version. Any help from anyone? What amI missing to get the OBJ exporter? The OBJ Importer shows as an option when I select File>Import

Uninstall all beta files only. Having both beta and release on the same pc can cause certain plugins to not function properly. Then, uninstall only PostgreSQL CMS, restart your pc, then reinstall CMS.

If there's still problems after that, with just the Release, reset Smart Content, then re-import metadata, select all and update metadata.

edited May 2020

@earl wavery

Don't use Smart Content, never have. Not sure what metadata has to do with this issue. 

*** Found my issue. Sometime in the past, i must have disabled the Wavefront OBJ exporter. Enabled that, restarted Studio and Xtransfer worked without issues. Converted Eva 7 in 5 min, 45 sec. (Win 7, I7-4770K, 32GB RAM). ***

Post edited by fastbike1 on
    edited May 2020
    twitch99 said:

I have tried to search for XT multiple times.  Attached is a screen shot of an XT search for Gen 8 Male.  I transferred Michael 7 only and the needed files are in Data..../Xtransfer folder on my hard drive.  The issue is DAZ is not adding those files to the Parameter Tab for Gen 8 Male for use.

I have only one content library.

Also screen shot showing files in Data and from XTransfer script setup before transfer of selected morphs.

Thanks for your quick response

Hi. We think the issue is Corrupt Author related. Either add in a name or edit existing one in preferences..See attachment. Now when you do this and save any existing scene it will think you aren't the original author so it will pop up a dialog to set the name instead of automatically overwriting the loaded one. Don't worry it isn't an issue. Just resave.

Capture.JPG
    872 x 681 - 49K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512

I've had a few issues with morph dials that when transfered cause duplicate ID errors in Genesis 8.  Zevo sorted me out.  He told me to export the Genesis 3 dialed morph, re-import the morph to Genesis 3, adjust rigging, and save as a 'clean' Genesis 3 morph.  I could then transfer those 'clean' morphs to Genesis 8 safely.  (I then removed my 'clean' genesis 3 dials from my library.)  I can't stress enough that it helps to do all this work in a test library directory before moving it to your final library.

1) New Project, and load Genesis 3, then set it to base resolution.

2) Dial up the shape you want to transfer, fully dialed with all the morphs you want to use will become a single morph representing a complete shape.

2a) export this shape as a wavefront obj.  Choose names that are different from the originals.

2b) You may want to repeat this a few times since for instance you may want to dial up face versus body morphs separately. Elf ears etc.

3) New Project, and load Genesis 3, then set it to base resolution.

4) Edit->Figure->Morph Loader Pro

5) Select convert to Daz from Daz, Vertex Only, and choose all your saved objs.  And these objs will now be morphs you can dial.

6) Edit the parameters for all those dials.  For instance you might want to set them from 0 to 100%, rather than the default -100 to 100%.  Change colors or whatever you want.

7) Select Tools->Joint Editor, so you can see the bones rigging your character.  (You can see that if you dial the original morph, the bones adjust, but your new one, simply does not.)

8) For each imported morph, dial, and rig the morph by;

8a) dial the imported morph

8b) Edit->Figure->Rigging->Adjust Rigging To Shape, and make sure only the regions you want adjusted are selected.  For instance... head morphs might be just the head bones and face rigging.  (Don't do 'adjust orientation', that rotates the bones.. not good.) Hit accept. (Your morph should still be dialed for this.)

8c) On the morph dial, select Edit Mode.

8d) On the morph dial, select, ERC Freeze.

8e) On the morph dial, select Edit Mode (turning edit mode off). 

8f) You now have a morph which you can dial that adjusts your rigging as you dial it. Play with it and see how the rigging adjusts. Dial this morph off, and do the next morph shape you want.  (Back to step 8a.)

9) After you have set up all the morph dials you want (body and head?) you need to save it with File->Save As->Support Asset->Morph Asset(s)...

10) Select an Asset Directory that makes sense.  This important, since if you screw up, its easier to wipe a test library than clean up your real library, and you probably don't want to keep your new dials anyways.  I normally keep a My Test Library to test products from Daz. (I've had enough errors over the years that I do this religiously missing textures, or other assets.  I test it everything I buy.)

11) Select a Vendor Name, and a Product Name that makes sense to you.

12) Select each of the dials you created, and save it.

13) Start a new project, and load Genesis 3.

14) You can find your morphs under the Parameters tab, Genesis 3/Morphs/Morph Loader.  (You can dial it now.. and if the Joint Editor tool is running you should see the rigging adjust with your morph dial.)

15) Favorite those morphs, and use XTransfer to move them to Genesis 8.

This might seem like a lot, but its really quite easy and straight forward.  This is also probabaly what you'd need to do for figures which are really just a pile of dials and morphs.  I havea a few from Daz that are like that.

• gocuzerogocuzero Posts: 55

its happent to me too  daz crash when open genesis 8

edited May 2020
    gocuzero said:

its happent to me too  daz crash when open genesis 8

I need more info please. Can I see a log file? Also what version of the Product are you using? Thanks

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2020
    UHF said:

I've had a few issues with morph dials that when transfered cause duplicate ID errors in Genesis 8.  Zevo sorted me out.  He told me to export the Genesis 3 dialed morph, re-import the morph to Genesis 3, adjust rigging, and save as a 'clean' Genesis 3 morph.  I could then transfer those 'clean' morphs to Genesis 8 safely.  (I then removed my 'clean' genesis 3 dials from my library.)  I can't stress enough that it helps to do all this work in a test library directory before moving it to your final library.

1) New Project, and load Genesis 3, then set it to base resolution.

2) Dial up the shape you want to transfer, fully dialed with all the morphs you want to use will become a single morph representing a complete shape.

2a) export this shape as a wavefront obj.  Choose names that are different from the originals.

2b) You may want to repeat this a few times since for instance you may want to dial up face versus body morphs separately. Elf ears etc.

3) New Project, and load Genesis 3, then set it to base resolution.

4) Edit->Figure->Morph Loader Pro

5) Select convert to Daz from Daz, Vertex Only, and choose all your saved objs.  And these objs will now be morphs you can dial.

6) Edit the parameters for all those dials.  For instance you might want to set them from 0 to 100%, rather than the default -100 to 100%.  Change colors or whatever you want.

7) Select Tools->Joint Editor, so you can see the bones rigging your character.  (You can see that if you dial the original morph, the bones adjust, but your new one, simply does not.)

8) For each imported morph, dial, and rig the morph by;

8a) dial the imported morph

8b) Edit->Figure->Rigging->Adjust Rigging To Shape, and make sure only the regions you want adjusted are selected.  For instance... head morphs might be just the head bones and face rigging.  (Don't do 'adjust orientation', that rotates the bones.. not good.) Hit accept. (Your morph should still be dialed for this.)

8c) On the morph dial, select Edit Mode.

8d) On the morph dial, select, ERC Freeze.

8e) On the morph dial, select Edit Mode (turning edit mode off). 

8f) You now have a morph which you can dial that adjusts your rigging as you dial it. Play with it and see how the rigging adjusts. Dial this morph off, and do the next morph shape you want.  (Back to step 8a.)

9) After you have set up all the morph dials you want (body and head?) you need to save it with File->Save As->Support Asset->Morph Asset(s)...

10) Select an Asset Directory that makes sense.  This important, since if you screw up, its easier to wipe a test library than clean up your real library, and you probably don't want to keep your new dials anyways.  I normally keep a My Test Library to test products from Daz. (I've had enough errors over the years that I do this religiously missing textures, or other assets.  I test it everything I buy.)

11) Select a Vendor Name, and a Product Name that makes sense to you.

12) Select each of the dials you created, and save it.

13) Start a new project, and load Genesis 3.

14) You can find your morphs under the Parameters tab, Genesis 3/Morphs/Morph Loader.  (You can dial it now.. and if the Joint Editor tool is running you should see the rigging adjust with your morph dial.)

15) Favorite those morphs, and use XTransfer to move them to Genesis 8.

This might seem like a lot, but its really quite easy and straight forward.  This is also probabaly what you'd need to do for figures which are really just a pile of dials and morphs.  I havea a few from Daz that are like that.

Just to clarify the solution I gave was because the source product on G3 was created and saved out with issues. There was nothing XTransfer could do to help, hense the solution of merging as one morph was recommended. I just need to specify this because I do not want people thinking this is a workflow that is required before using XTransfer. This was a once off issue regarding that character product. Also step 7 to 12 you can do with 2 clicks using Shape Rigger:)

Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0, thanks for the fix, not sure how my name got corrupted, not sure I ever entered a name.  It was very strange, about 7 or 8 repeating asian characters for many lines.  Took awhile to delete them all.

The issue is fixed!!

Thanks

DAZ Preferences Author Name.png
    1295 x 740 - 64K
    twitch99 said:

Zev0, thanks for the fix, not sure how my name got corrupted, not sure I ever entered a name.  It was very strange, about 7 or 8 repeating asian characters for many lines.  Took awhile to delete them all.

The issue is fixed!!

Thanks

Ye we saw that as well. Glad the issue is resolved.yes

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

I ran into another character with issues, so I thought other users might find those instructions useful.  (I've been going through odd models which I'd purchased a while back.)

And yeah, what Zev0 said.. its not xTransfer's issue.  I've used XTransfer a lot already and 'it just works'.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Sorry to be impatient is the G8 to G3 close to being released

edited May 2020

We hope to have it submitted soon. We are just busy with the UV remapping to ensure lashes work properly since G8 lashes are a seperate geometry to figure and on G3 is it part of the figure, so to project that properly is taking time. So far everything else works great, just lashes nails and eyes are being refined for full accuracy.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

There was an XTransfer update in DIM 2020 May 15, thanks, so I hope the SRP is next for it's FGAP bug fix.

• AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 104

Hi ZevO, I loooove your products a lot!  smiley

Bought XTransfer recently and today I wanted to try it out... I have uninstalled and installed it a couple of times and still cannot find a way to run it...sad

Here it is the log pertaining to this issue:

2020-05-16 14:28:02.431 Loading script: /Volumes/'External Disc'/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_65431/scripts/xtransfer/xtransfer g3 to g8.dse
    2020-05-16 14:28:02.441 Failed to load script: /Volumes/'External Disc'/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_65431/scripts/xtransfer/xtransfer g3 to g8.dse
    2020-05-16 14:28:09.395 Loading script: /Volumes/'External Disc'/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_65431/scripts/xtransfer/xtransfer g3 to g8.dse
    2020-05-16 14:28:09.395 Failed to load script: /Volumes/'External Disc'/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_65431/scripts/xtransfer/xtransfer g3 to g8.dse

Please, would you mind telling me what can I do to make it work?

Looking forward to a reply... cannot wait to convert Kenji and other Dario Fish's Fantasy Shapes to G8!  Thanks in advance....