XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

Hi. What version of Studio are you using?

• AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 104
    Zev0 said:

Hi. What version of Studio are you using?

The last official one 4.12 Pro. In Mac. No beta, the only time I had dared to try any beta I had to reinstall Daz...too many hours lost at that time.

edited May 2020

Hmm should be working then. Can I get a copy of your log? Send it to me via PM please. Also Try a manual zip download of the product and tell me if that works.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Hmm should be working then. Can I get a copy of your log? Send it to me via PM please. Also Try a manual zip download of the product and tell me if that works.

Exactly! All your other products are working nicelywink... I'm sending you the log. Thanks in advance.

Angelik I sent you a new PM.

edited May 2020

There was a corruption with the smart content installer. It should be fixed now.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Hi, ZevO...thanks for the quick reply!smiley
    I'll check today and come back...wink

Thanks ZevO, XTransfer is now launching!

I have been playing today... intuitively though as for some reason the User's Guide is not available... nothing happens whenever I click on it... is there a link for it, please? I would like to fully understand how can I use itwink

In the meantime, these are some rendered drafts...

G8 XTransfer: Star/Sakura Morphs and some other morphs applied (Test).

XTransfer: Mika 7/The Girl8 morphs and some other morphs applied (Test rendered at 25%).

So far, I'm sooooo happy with the results laugh

edited May 2020
    Hello..Do a manual download of the product zip. The userguide will be there. I'll find out why the Userguide isn't working with your install.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited May 2020

Was there talk of a Geneis 8 to Genesis 3 version? I ask because I've worked out a workflow to get some morphs over to Genesis 8 female from Genesis 8 male and vice versa, If I can get the morph transferred to Genesis 3 then I can use GenX to transfer over to the other gender and then XTransfer up to Genesis 8. So far my workflow works, but it would be great if I could simplify one of the steps.

Post edited by GRFK DSGN Unlimited on
    edited May 2020

Hi. Yes it is nearly done..We are just busy cleaning up the eyes. Right now on heavily customized character shapes it distorts, so we are resolving the issue.

1.jpeg
    1109 x 868 - 67K
    2.jpeg
    1132 x 890 - 88K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Cool. Always willing to test.

• So, Xtransfer crashed a couple of times in porting over some morphs (I have nothing reflected of such in the error file)

And now I get this, which started during my last attempt with XTransfer (which otherwise went smoothly? Attempt before crashed, but the morphs were created successfully). I got all of the morphs to correctly transfer, but this now pops up whenever I load G8F, whether it's from the Basic file, the Dev file, or from a character actor file load. Only on G8F. Not on male, not on G3F. 

Again, I have nothing in my log reflecting any errors, and crashes are down to desktop with no error codes. 

I have reinstalled G8F. I have removed the XTransfer morph folder from my data. I have reinstalled XTransfer. I have restarted my computer. 

I have looked through the text file of all the files that were transferred and my basic G8F duf file, and have no reference to this file it seems to be calling for. I don't know where this is coming from. 

Ultimately, this seems like just a minor annoyance, but I load G8F a lot and I would love to not have the annoyance, if you know how to fix it. 

• Whoops, forgot to attach this. 

MissingFiles.PNG
    576 x 275 - 6K

I will need to see your log file please.

• ....So I made an empty scene file by that name, dropped it in the folder, and the missing files dialog is now gone. Just wanna make sure this isn't gonna screw up anything with XTransfer, though?

No It wont..Did you get that popup message when loading up a default Genesis 8 female in a new scene?

• Yes. It was very strange. I've never gotten it before today. And the only thing that was ever in my log file about it was the line of "can't resolve." Literally no other references to it. No clue where it's calling from. 

A figure shouldn't be calling up scene files. What character did you convert that maybe had that file loaded on? It is hard to solve without seeing the log file. Please PM it to me.

• Sent.

• Hello - i am finding now that for all new Characters i load the teeth are being distorted; upon investigation, i found that the XT Mouth Realism HD Morph is being automatically applied at default value of 100%. I now have to manually move this slider to 0% to restore the Characters teeth to original. As this seems to be associated with XTransfer, is there a fix to diable this behaviour and not automatuically have this XT Morph applied by default?

edited June 2020

Hi. What version of the product are you using? Version 1.3 is the latest.

Post edited by Zev0 on

"As this seems to be associated with XTransfer, is there a fix to diable this behaviour and not automatuically have this XT Morph applied by default?"

You can also just delete the XT morph. Or not include it in transfers. Pretty sure this issue was resolved in version 1.3

• Zev0 said:

"As this seems to be associated with XTransfer, is there a fix to diable this behaviour and not automatuically have this XT Morph applied by default?"

You can also just delete the XT morph. Or not include it in transfers. Pretty sure this issue was resolved in version 1.3

Hi Zev0 - thank you for your guidance, I always upgrade to the latest version via DIM so yes I am using the latest. I have found the XT Mouth Realism HD Morph under Actor->Full Body->Head->Face->Mouth->XTransfer but any help on finding the actual HDD location of the Morph File so that I may delete it? I have searched under \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer but cannot seem to find it without the actual filename. Perhaps its stored under a different directory? 

Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,916

Just noticed the change to the thread title. Is module 2 coming soon?

• Zev0 said:

Hi Zev0 - thank you for your guidance, I always upgrade to the latest version via DIM so yes I am using the latest. I have found the XT Mouth Realism HD Morph under Actor->Full Body->Head->Face->Mouth->XTransfer but any help on finding the actual HDD location of the Morph File so that I may delete it? I have searched under \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer but cannot seem to find it without the actual filename. Perhaps its stored under a different directory? 

Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards!

Corrected with instructions posted on page 25. Thank You.

XTransfer morphs are designed to only be saved under the XTransfer folder. If it is not in there then I don't know where it is. Try doing a deeper search for "mouth realism" in where your content is installed.

Gordig said:

Just noticed the change to the thread title. Is module 2 coming soon?

We hope so lol. We still in final testing.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I managed to transfer Aiko 3 to G3.

Didn't realise I had Aiko 3 untill I saw the thread about the character on Sunday.

Seems to have transferred well, X transfer from G3 to G8 after using

• jesuschoyjesuschoy Posts: 57
    nicstt said:

Makes total sense.

XTransfer cannot find some files because it searches drive E:, but on my PC there is no drive E, only C: and F:
    Why are you looking for files on a drive that does not exist?
    I have already uninstalled and installed the XTransfer module several times with Daz Imstall Manager, but the error persists.
    See attached image.

error Xtransfer.jpg
    1163 x 914 - 98K
  • jesuschoyjesuschoy Posts: 57
    edited June 2020
    Zev0 said:

The product is for both male and female.

XTransfer cannot find some files because it searches drive E:, but on my PC there is no drive E, only C: and F:
    Why are Xtransfer looking for files on a drive that does not exist?
    I have already uninstalled and installed the XTransfer module several times with Daz Install Manager, but the error persists.
    See attached image.

error Xtransfer.jpg
    1163 x 914 - 98K
    Post edited by jesuschoy on