XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited March 2020

OK the issue is when navel or mouthrealismHD is selected\included in transfer list on some characters. If you get the Duplicate ID issue, transfer the character again with those unchecked and it will remove the issue. It will bypass those morph links..

Alternatively you can delete these two morphs if you do not want to transfer the character again. (See Attachment)

\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\DAZ 3D\Base\XT_PBMNavel.dsf

\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\DAZ 3D\Base\XT_PHMMouthRealismHD

If this happens on a female character then do the same process.

We will look into why this is happening with these morphs. We tested a bunch of characters and never got Duplicate ID issues..Thanks for picking up ones that didyes We will see what makes them different and try and find a solution. What's weird is if you transfer the Navel and MouthrealismHD morphs on its own then there is no issues, so issue only happens when it is linked to certain characters..Another Puzzle to solve....

Capture.JPG
    1035 x 912 - 80K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,069
    Zev0 said:
    Imago said:

I tranferred some G1 chars today, all worked properly and they are perfect... But the "base" Genesis1 ( the original shape) is broken, when I bend the elbows or the knees the "flesh" bends abnormally, like if the corrective morphs aren't tranferred. sad

That way I can't fully use G1 shapes since the base is needed for some of them to look correct.

Is the G1 morph rigged? If not that is only reason why it distorts. Can I see a screenshot?

Not sure what you mean by "rigged morph", but here are the screenshots. The morph comes directly from Genesis1, it's the base shape of the char. I transferred it using GenX, along some other morphs, to Genesis3. In Genesis3 they work pretty well.
    Once transferred from G3 to G8, the shape is OK but when I bend the arms, the legs or any other part its behaves like there's no corrective morphs, the mesh bends the wrong way. If I apply "Hand Fist" I obtain the scariest alien hands ever!

It happens in all flexible body parts and as long as the XT_Genesis morph is active, if I bring it to zero the distortion disappears. Also all the other morphs, even extreme ones like Sadie or Mavka, works fine until I use XT_Genesis.

BrokenArm.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 289K
    BrokenLeg.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 258K
    Slider.jpg
    285 x 53 - 10K
    edited March 2020

Not sure what you mean by "rigged morph

This allignes bones so shape bends correctly.

Can you do me a favour?..Load G3,  favourite the Genesis 1 shape from Genx and show me the XTransfer window, I want to see all morphs linked to it.

Secondly, we are aware that the G1 base shape from Genx doesn't come over nice on G8 from G3. It has nail issues on the fingers and the finger bones are messed up. GenX G2 base shape onwards is fine. We will see if we can distribute a proper G1 clone for G8 if we cannot fix the nail and finger rig issue, but we need to see if it is ok with Daz. Alternatively, if you have another Genesis 1 clone or shape from another product just use that, as long as it is rigged, if you wish to dial it in with your G1 characters.

Thirdly reason I ask to see your G1 shape in Xtransfer is because my G1 looks different. It isn't distorting as bad at the bends.

Also the XT Genesis morph, it needs to be rigged again on G8..The hand rigging gets messed up when transferred, hense your finger issues. So yes the G1 shape from GenX has some issues. To fix this just dial up the XT Genesis morph, right click and do the following (see attachment 3) Make sure orientation is ticked in the options to fix the finger issue, ERC Freeze it in Property Hierarchy (make sure you are in edit mode), then all you do is resave that morph with the newly alligned bones.

1.JPG
    2176 x 1255 - 145K
    2.JPG
    2181 x 1273 - 144K
    3.jpg
    409 x 309 - 92K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • f7eerf7eer Posts: 123
    Zev0 said:
    Thirdly reason I ask to see your G1 shape in Xtransfer is because my G1 looks different. It isn't distorting as bad at the bends.

This is what I see also. I converted Rune 7 with the just released latest XTransfer, and saw similar, but less distortion at the elbow bends on the converted figure. I went back to the original G3 Rune 7 figure, and I see exactly the same distortion. I also had some concerns about other shapes which I assumed were artifacts of the conversion, but these "artifacts" are present in the original G3 Rune 7 as well. In my opinion, it's just not a very flexible figure, unlike most other G3 figures.

XTransfer is reproducing the shape and morph behavior perfectly, good and bad. This is precisely what I hoped for, and is more than I expected. Because of the fine control XTransfer gives, I think I could go back (if I really wanted to) and fine-tune the conversion, by eliminating conversion of the worst morphs in the first place.

Kudos to Zev0 for his commitment to and effort towards making this right. Thanks.

edited March 2020

"Kudos to Zev0 for his commitment to and effort towards making this right. Thanks."

You're welcome. We had to get these issues fixed so we can finish up the G8 to G3 module. Everything is way behind schedule lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • hookflashhookflash Posts: 167
    Zev0 said:
    hookflash said:

Seems to be working great so far! Just one question: Is it better to transfer the full character morph, or the separate head and body morphs?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm having the same issue as user "empty" (but with a different character)

It's best to transfer the character dial. It will include the characters head and body and scale correctly as intended.

One issue I'm noticing is JCMs don't show up in the XTransfer morph list when just the character dial is used (not only that, but the separate head & body dials don't seem to be showing up either). Here's a screenshot of when the character dial is used:

character-dial

And here's when the body & head are both dialed in (and JCMs are showing up):

body-and-head

Am I doing something wrong?

Zev0 said:

Not sure what you mean by "rigged morph

This allignes bones so shape bends correctly.

Can you do me a favour?..Load G3,  favourite the Genesis 1 shape from Genx and show me the XTransfer window, I want to see all morphs linked to it.

Secondly, we are aware that the G1 base shape from Genx doesn't come over nice on G8 from G3. It has nail issues on the fingers and the finger bones are messed up. GenX G2 base shape onwards is fine. We will see if we can distribute a proper G1 clone for G8 if we cannot fix the nail and finger rig issue, but we need to see if it is ok with Daz. Alternatively, if you have another Genesis 1 clone or shape from another product just use that, as long as it is rigged, if you wish to dial it in with your G1 characters.

Also the XT Genesis morph, it needs to be rigged again on G8..The hand rigging gets messed up when transferred, hense your finger issues. So yes the G1 shape from GenX has some issues. To fix this just dial up the XT Genesis morph, right click and do the following (see attachment 3) Make sure orientation is ticked in the options to fix the finger issue, ERC Freeze it in Property Hierarchy (make sure you are in edit mode), then all you do is resave that morph with the newly alligned bones.

Did that, the hads are somewhat fixed and the bad bends a bit mitigated, but it still looks terrible. If I bend the head back the neck sinks in the skull and the armpit are totally dented in.
    The transfer window shows only the base morph, no other morphs, no visble and no hidden, just the Genesis1 morph.

I am definitely having the same "garbled hand" morph problem described by Imago this morning. Here's a screenshot.

I converted 3 figures: Rune 7, Aiko 7, and G3F Ayumi, which is based on Aiko 7.

The figure in the photo has XT_Ayumi dialed to 100%..It is in the pose "Base Pose Standing A" from the base G8F poses folder. This is the first time I have tried a non-default hand pose on a converted figure. If I dial down XT_Ayumi (which automatically dials down XT_Aiko7 and the others), the hand returns to normal.

Let me know what other info you want. All of the conversions completed without errors or crashes. I am going to try to see what the minimal conditions to cause this problem are.

MessedUpHand.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 422K

I removed XT_Ayumi and XT_Rune7 from the XTransfer folder, restarted DAZ Studio, and dialed up XT_Aiko7 to 100%, and then put the figure in the same pose above. The hand is fine. So the problem appears to be coming from XT_Ayumi.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 681
    edited March 2020

I also wanted to express my thanks for all the hard work Zev0 has put in to making XTransfer as good as it can be.

My wish is that DAZ would put out a product along the lines of a "Genesis 1 Shape for Genesis 8" like they did years ago with products like V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis.  That I'm assuming would resolve some of your problems right there.

Post edited by zombiewhacker on
    edited March 2020
    f7eer said:

I removed XT_Ayumi and XT_Rune7 from the XTransfer folder, restarted DAZ Studio, and dialed up XT_Aiko7 to 100%, and then put the figure in the same pose above. The hand is fine. So the problem appears to be coming from XT_Ayumi.

Investigating..No native G3 morph should be distorting. OK found the problem Ayumi Body morph didn't preserve its rig after transfer....SO the morph details transferred fine, but the morphs rig didn't..Dial up just Ayumi body morph and you will see the bones are not alligned. We have no idea why this is happening on some shapes. Think it is on some characters that rely on another base. EG ayumi body also dials up Aiko 7 body. We tried other characters that require other shapes and they came out fine..This is a rare occasion but still, doesn't make us happy. The solution? Dial up the XT Ayumi character slider and then adjust rigging to shape, erc freeze and then resave it. It is best to do the main character dial because if you want to do the Ayumi body morph, which is the problem, you will have to unlink all other dialed morphs before rigging. Just rigging the main character dial is easier. So yes, check the bones via joint editor, that will tell you if all is ok. Below I attached the rigging before and after I fixed it on Ayumi. If you don't want to manually rig morphs then I would recommend using Shape Rigger if you have it already. Regardless we are looking into the matter as to why this happens.

Capture.JPG
    1034 x 1245 - 48K
    Capture.JPG
    1046 x 1187 - 67K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2020

Looks like we will be releasing another update. This one is less serious and wont take as long. In summary if a character makes use of another, EG character X for V7, and uses that V7's body morph, the script fails to rig the current characters body morph. So V7 body morph gets rigged but Character X body morph doesn't, meaning till this gets fixed you will have to adjust rigging to shape as described above if you are transferring such characters.

The crap thing is if you exclude V7 body from the transfer, it will rig Character X body fine, but wont dial in V7 morphs because the V7 Body link is now invalid. We will work around the clock to get this fixed....On the bright side at least no crashes have been reported lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Can I assume it will fix the issue with GenX and Genesis1 too? smiley

edited March 2020

OK update from our side..we fixing the rigging issue with characters that require other character bases. Also that navel and mouthrealismhd issue was a once off related only to how gianni 6 was saved we think. We will test more. Regarding G1 genx base shape, that will take a bit longer to resolve, but we will role out this update asap since a lot of characters in the market are based off others. So this is crucial to get out.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

OK update from our side..we fixed the rigging issue with characters that require other character bases. Also that navel and mouthrealismhd issue was a once off related only to how gianni 6 was saved. Regarding G1 genx base shape, that will take a bit longer to resolve, but we will role out this update asap since a lot of characters in the market are based off others. So this is crucial to get out.

Is it your recommendation that Navel & Mouth Realism HD be disabled in the XTransfer pane for all characters? I'm getting the same issue as the user above was having with Gianni 6 (but with a different, G3 character... I don't have Gianni 6 installed).

edited March 2020
    hookflash said:
    Zev0 said:

OK update from our side..we fixed the rigging issue with characters that require other character bases. Also that navel and mouthrealismhd issue was a once off related only to how gianni 6 was saved. Regarding G1 genx base shape, that will take a bit longer to resolve, but we will role out this update asap since a lot of characters in the market are based off others. So this is crucial to get out.

Is it your recommendation that Navel & Mouth Realism HD be disabled in the XTransfer pane for all characters? I'm getting the same issue as the user above was having with Gianni 6 (but with a different, G3 character... I don't have Gianni 6 installed).

Ummmm..For now yes (only if they populate in the transfer list, by design they not supposed to show) until we can find more characters that cause this issue. What G3 character is causing issues?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    hookflash said:
    Zev0 said:

Ummmm..For now yes until we can find more characters that cause this issue. What G3 character is causing issues?

Here's an example: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/yana-for-genesis-3-females/137408/

When you transfer the head & body sliders, you get a "duplicate formula" error, and the "XT Navel" and "XT Mouth Realism HD" sliders default to 100% (even when just G8 base is loaded). Maybe it's a problem with how the figure was saved?

Also, unrelated to the Navel / Mouth Realism sliders, I've noticed an issue with this character: https://www.daz3d.com/hp-myrtle-for-star-2-0-and-aiko-7

When you only favorite her character dial, JCMs don't get transferred. To get JCMs, you have to favorite both the head & body sliders instead. I noticed this issue with another character as well, but I'm having difficulty finding out which one it was...

Regardless, XTransfer is a great (and much needed) product, and the remaining issues seem relatively minor. So, congrats!

Thanks..will look into these characters.

I ran the conversion on Izabella 7, and it apparently suffered from a bad rigging problem, as shown in the image of the hand.

I noticed that this figure had the usual figure morphs (XT Izabella, XT Izabella Head, and XT Izabella Body), but also created the following, because they were apparently used in G3F:

XT Izabella 7 Breasts
    XT Neck Length
    XT Head Propagating Scale

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but all the other figures where the conversion worked only had the three usual suspects.

zip
    zip
    Izabella7_conversion_log.zip
    XT_Izabella hand.jpg
    890 x 1440 - 179K
    edited March 2020

Thats happening because the body morph isn't being rigged properly on some characters. We are aware of the issue and are on a fix. If you dial up the main character slider and go adjust rigging to shape it will fix the problem.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Zev0 said:

Thats happening because the body morph isn't being rigged properly on some characters. We are aware of the issue and are on a fix. If you dial up the main character slider and go adjust rigging to shape it will fix the problem.

Unfortunately in my case I have to re-rig the character every time I re-load them as the re-rigged character won't save the rig, also I cannot use shape rigger due to not being able to save with that program as well... That's OK, as that will all be taken care of once the update comes out!wink

edited March 2020

You can rig and save via Shape Rigger. I'm confused. It has a save feature. Why can't you save?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

You can rig and save via Shape Rigger. I'm confused. It has a save feature. Why can't you save?

The problem between XT and Shape Rigger, is Shape Rigger stalls when saving certain XT morphs. No crash and no freeze.

Source: Experince by accident. This happens when certain morphs are installed through "Public Documents" and are possibly treated as if installed by Smart Content / DazIM.

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635
    edited April 2020

@Zev0

Hi

Downloaded the script from my product library and deleted then replaced the previous version. Now getting a constant "Debug: Error finding' when I try to load the script. It doesn't matter what I try to transfer...GenX, purchased characters, base characters, G3M, G3F, everything brings up the error message on both laptop and desktop, 4.11 and 4.12, both running W7

2020-03-31 14:12:25.545 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:12:25.686 DEBUG: Error finding
    2020-03-31 14:13:46.081 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:47.360 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:47.485 DEBUG: Error finding
    2020-03-31 14:13:50.225 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse

It's not being very helpful in telling me what it can't find, help please :)

Post edited by lorraineopua on
  • galiengalien Posts: 137
    Zev0 said:

I also haven't been able to save XTransfer morphs using Shape Rigger.

Here's an extract from the log file:

2020-03-30 23:13:55.264 DEBUG: ERC Freeze Successful for XT Rune 7 Head

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1292

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'sVendorName' [undefined] is not an object.

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@D:/Software/Daz/Studio Content/Scripts/Shape Rigger Plus/Shape Rigger Plus.dse:1292

2020-03-30 23:15:15.916 Error in script execution: D:/Software/Daz/Studio Content/Scripts/Shape Rigger Plus/Shape Rigger Plus.dse

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

Most likely it's because it's an X-Transfer morph dealing with the Gen-X morphs, which are problematic.

• Hi Zevo

Downloaded the script from my product library and deleted then replaced the previous version. Now getting a constant "Debug: Error finding' when I try to load the script. It doesn't matter what I try to transfer...GenX, purchased characters, base characters, G3M, G3F, everything brings up the error message on both laptop and desktop, 4.11 and 4.12, both running W7

2020-03-31 14:12:25.545 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:46.081 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:47.360 Loading script: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse
    2020-03-31 14:13:50.225 Script executed successfully: Z:/Lorraine/Documents/daz 3d/studio4/My Library/Scripts/XTransfer/XTransfer G3 to G8.dse

Is all the content on the same HD? Did you re-install and update the metadata? I transfered "Lorraine" myself with no error, but another character file gave an error for a hidden morph file from Tween 7, which I didn't own.

galien said:
    Zev0 said:

I also haven't been able to save XTransfer morphs using Shape Rigger.

Here's an extract from the log file:

2020-03-30 23:13:55.264 DEBUG: ERC Freeze Successful for XT Rune 7 Head

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1292

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'sVendorName' [undefined] is not an object.

2020-03-30 23:15:15.869 WARNING: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@D:/Software/Daz/Studio Content/Scripts/Shape Rigger Plus/Shape Rigger Plus.dse:1292

2020-03-30 23:15:15.916 Error in script execution: D:/Software/Daz/Studio Content/Scripts/Shape Rigger Plus/Shape Rigger Plus.dse

Zev0 said:

Most likely it's because it's an X-Transfer morph dealing with the Gen-X morphs, which are problematic.

Shape Rigger would need to be updated for compatibility with XT but that's if the update is already available but wasn't brought up. Busy people can forget sometimes.

edited April 2020

Will be doing that for Shape Rigger. But was not really needed for GenX as GenX morphs on G3 are rigged fine. But with the latest 1.2 fix (release date pending) of Xtransfer it won't be needed since the rigging issue is fixed in this latest test build we are busy with.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635
    edited April 2020

Hi Zevo

Is all the content on the same HD? Did you re-install and update the metadata? I transfered "Lorraine" myself with no error, but another character file gave an error for a hidden morph file from Tween 7, which I didn't own.

All content is on the one drive: Z:/Lorraine (Lorraine being me), I've never used metadata ever, wouldn't even know where to put it, and the previous iteration loaded fine, just stalled at 71% and refused to go any further. This iteration that I downloaded from my product library (I don't use DIM either) will not open, it just gives me that debug message and when I click 'ok' disappears. I'm hoping @Zev0 might know what the problem is. If it does need metadata, is that the manifest and supplement file? Where do they go?

Edit: I deleted the new file and reinstalled the original. It opens, does some stuff, puts some morphs in to G8 data, stalls at 71%, I close it, load G8, morphs are there, do not work properly. I think that's where I was at before the update.

Post edited by lorraineopua on
    edited April 2020

@Zev0

Hi

Hi. The files the script looks for in your mapped content is (depending on gender): "People/Genesis 8 Female/Developer Kit/Genesis 8 Female Dev Load.duf" "People/Genesis 8 Male/Developer Kit/Genesis 8 Male Dev Load.duf"

Have those been moved or removed? The script uses those for transfers. If not then we need to dig deeper at your issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on