XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

I'm not going to even try to use it at this point. It's been too long to get a refund; so, I'll just uninstall it, and call it even.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited February 2020
    Hi guys. We think we finally found the bug in the script. I know it took some time but we had to run 3 machines at same time doing same conversion to find the issue with different content library setups. Long story short the conflicts and freezing happened when certain older content was installed with certain naming issues in id. This is why only certain people had issues such as distorted morphs and freezing etc. Wasn't easy to track down. We will be finalizing the update and let you all know when it is ready for download. Thank you for your patience. We apologize to those who have not had a great experience.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,186

Hurray! And thank you for all your effort!

• Zev0 said:
    Hi guys. We think we finally found the bug in the script. I know it took some time but we had to run 3 machines at same time doing same conversion to find the issue with different content library setups. Long story short the conflicts and freezing happened when certain older content was installed with certain naming issues in id. This is why only certain people had issues such as distorted morphs and freezing etc. Wasn't easy to track down. We will be finalizing the update and let you all know when it is ready for download. Thank you for your patience. We apologize to those who have not had a great experience.

Thank you, Zev0. I know how frustrating it might had been figuring out the issue. Thank you for not giving up and for being patient with us.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for the info, @Zev0. Does that include my issues with not being able to find the morphs in Daz once saved? They're in the correct file structure, but they don't show up in the Parameters tab. I had sent you my log file. I never had any issues with crashing. 

Nope this fix does not address that as it is not a bug. Morph saving should work..I will review your logs again.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited February 2020
    Zev0 said:

Nope this fix does not address that as it is not a bug. Morph saving should work..I will review your logs again.

Thank you - not sure if it matters, but I have no issues with your other morph products. Body Mixer, Fit Control, Bend Control, Shape Shift, Breast/Glute Control...I have pretty much all of them for G3 and G8 and they all work fine. Not sure why this one is being so difficult. I just install everything via DIM and my runtime is on the same drive as the Daz executable. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.  I loaded Gianni 7 into the scene.  I favorited the Gianni 7 morph under Gianni7->Actor->People->Real World and the Gianni 7 head under Gianni7->Head->People->Real World.  The script ran through to completion and then I loaded a Gensis 8 base character and then cranked the XT Gianni 7 Body morphs under Genesis 8 Male->Actor->Xtransfer->Full Body->People->Real World to 100% and got the figure on the left.  What am I doing wrong?  Does this script work for base Genesis 3 characters like Gianni 7?

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 8.15.57 PM.png
    3988 x 2984 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,916

Don't load Gianni 7 directly; just load base G3m, favorite the morphs and run XTransfer.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,069
    edited February 2020

I bought the script... Very deluded by the results...sad

The shapes I transferred from Genesis1 to Genesis3 (which works fine in G3) are totally distorted once transferred from 3 to 8. crying Wavy arms, arched legs, bumped neck...

There will be an addon to make a direct transfer? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong, even if the script is really simple and I followed step by step all the phases?

Post edited by Imago on
  • Thank you @Gordig.  That worked!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

An update for this product seems to be at a standstill for now

edited February 2020

No it is not at a standstill. We have been working on the update nonstop. I have put all other product production\releases on hold until this is done.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Imago said:

The shapes I transferred from Genesis1 to Genesis3 (which works fine in G3) are totally distorted once transferred from 3 to 8. crying Wavy arms, arched legs, bumped neck...

There will be an addon to make a direct transfer? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong, even if the script is really simple and I followed step by step all the phases?

The update should fix this...And no there will be no direct transfer from G1 to G8.

Zev0 said:

No it is not at a standstill. We have been working on the update nonstop. I have put all other product production\releases on hold until this is done.

Thats great to hear! I guess standstill wa not quite the right word as far as you working on it, but meant more for any updates in the thread as to the progress of the update, sorry

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,916
    Zev0 said:
    Imago said:

And no there will be no direct transfer from G1 to G8.

That's disappointing to hear.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,069
    Zev0 said:
    Imago said:

The update should fix this...And no there will be no direct transfer from G1 to G8.

I hope the update can help me... sad

However, I think you should make a "G1 to G8" plugin, Im sure lots of people will buy it. There are many special chars in Genesis1! wink

edited February 2020

GenX already fills that gap to get G1 on G3...All we focused on is G3 (With GenX morphs) to G8..And eventually G8 to G3.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited February 2020

Sent an update to all those who i've had listed in PM who had issues...If I missed anybody my apologies...Based on their results we will set the update officially live. This update fixes some major issues some experienced..The distortion of mesh on the one side, and the hanging\crashing that some experienced. It also fixed some rigging issue on GenX based morphs...Also the transfer process is slightly faster now. We had to change a lot of the base code. Please Lord let this version be good so I can continue with life..Amen....cheeky

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Sent an update to all those who i've had listed in PM who had issues...If I missed anybody my apologies...Based on their results we will set the update officially live. This update fixes some major issues some experienced..The distortion of mesh on the one side, and the hanging\crashing that some experienced. It also fixed some rigging issue on GenX based morphs...Also the transfer process is slightly faster now. We had to change a lot of the base code. Please Lord let this version be good so I can continue with life..Amen....cheeky

Great news Zev0!  You always go above and beyond for your customers!  Looking forward to the update release.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,650
    Zev0 said:

Despite reading some of these posts, I am buying this product in two minutes, (or five depending on how long it takes to type this) because I know if it's not fixed now or soon, it will be. I hope you're right, that it is fixed now, because it's frustrating to find something amiss and get caught fixing rather than creating new productions. I personally had to unpublish eight books, just because I changed publishing companies. Then I got a few complaints. I had to delay republishing to determine which were authentic and which were user errors. For me a user error was the books took place in Canada but were published in the US. People in Canada expect colour vs color and cheque vs check. The language was US english yet I had to have each one edited again to determine which gripes were plausible. I took the opportunity to rebrand and start from scratch. But it's the right thing to do when people invest in a product and find flaws. The thing is, there comes a time to create an update like the RSSY product did for the eye thingy, make it as good as possible and move on. You deserve kudos for your principals, and for any newcomers reading this I hope they know you are an extremely talented vendor who sells very worthwhile, usable products.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    Zev0 said:

So ... I hate to bring this up, but I did have a question earlier about whether or not the update takes care of the issue I mentioned earlier, that XTransfer doesn't seem to clean up after itself, and this winds up slowing down Studio a fair amount. No big deal if it doesn't, since I do know to check the temp directory now. Just wondering.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

I wish you well, it must have been a grueling to re code the base script and find and squash the many bugs, I'm still glad I bought this regardless of the hiccups; thanks for working so hard on a fix!

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 274
    Zev0 said:

Having been a software engineer in a support team, my heart goes out to you on this one. Hope you've fixed it and can get back to more enjoyable stuff. But maybe take a break first?

• I posted this over in the New Users but was referred here to get help. 

I am looking for a little help with this issue. I have converted a few Genesis 3 female figures to Genesis 8 using X-Transfer. Process goes smooth, and I can dial in partial body / head morphs to get a custum figure that looks 99% like the original Genesis 3 model I created with the same morphs. The 1% problem is the lips. They always look wrong, either too full, too puckered, etc. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to convert the Genesis 3 Female base figure somehow?

Thank you for any help.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I posted this over in the New Users but was referred here to get help. 

I am looking for a little help with this issue. I have converted a few Genesis 3 female figures to Genesis 8 using X-Transfer. Process goes smooth, and I can dial in partial body / head morphs to get a custum figure that looks 99% like the original Genesis 3 model I created with the same morphs. The 1% problem is the lips. They always look wrong, either too full, too puckered, etc. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to convert the Genesis 3 Female base figure somehow?

Thank you for any help.

What I have noticed is that some characters have more of a HD finish to them. If you take the original characters down to base resolution, you may notice the lips look quite different in base. It is especially strange because the characters I noticed this on are not even HD! But any transfer tool can only carry over the base resolution of any model, that is a limitation of Daz Studio. I believe this is what you are getting.

Thankfully I've only seen it a couple of times.

edited March 2020

I posted this over in the New Users but was referred here to get help. 

Thank you for any help.

This should not be..Morphs transfer over 1 to 1. Here is an example of G3 and G8 with Olympia 7 overlayed on each other.

Characters which are non HD at base will come over 100% the same. If however a character has an HD morph or details that does impact the face, that will only come over at base resolution.  So if that morph is also dialed then will you see differences.

Can I see a screenshot of what you talking about?

Capture.JPG
    1615 x 1255 - 190K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Guys..Some people are responding via PM and it says message delivery failed. Please make sure your responses are sent. Thanks.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

I've had excellent results in just about everything I've ported over. There was a hitch early on where the script stopped working after a crash, but I finally got it functioning again.

I have had some stalls on a dial-spin which I saved as a character preset. I favorite all the components, and the program hangs. Still, I managed to port most of the components over seperately and was about 98% able to rebuild the character, which is all I really needed.

• TymefyreTymefyre Posts: 13
    edited March 2020

I was able to get a close approximation to the orignal G3F lips by manual adjustment. The figure is using head morphs from Arianna (14%), and Lexi (100%) - which sets Rune 7 to 65%. In the image you can see where the lips are pulled more toward center and are higher at the peak. The lips are also parted further than the original figure. 

I found another problem when trying to pose the figure. I get a lot of distortion around the elbows, wrists, and fingers. First pose is using a G8F native pose. 2nd us using a G3F native pose.

Eidt: I have also noticed a 42% stall when trying to transfer morphs from G3F Coco by Rhiannon. This may be due to the figure having G3F / G8F native files. I mention this because the orignal figure I used had Coco's head at 70%, which was removed for the comparisson below.

Mouth Compare.PNG
    724 x 581 - 234K
    Distortion 1.PNG
    569 x 551 - 150K
    Distortion 2.PNG
    591 x 580 - 168K
    Post edited by Tymefyre on