XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Hi Zev0,

I need your help. I purchased your X Transfer program and it keeps crashing. It worked on a couple of G3 figures (Victoria 7 and Bethany 7) but now it keeps crashing DazStudio everytime I use it. 
    Now I can't seem to add a 'Genesis 8 female character' onto the scene and it crashes DazStudio too. 

What do I do?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 2019

Hi. I'll send you a new version to try. I'll PM you.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited January 2020

Well, on the odd shot that more information can help: I've tried this with a few characters, both G3M originals and some GenX transfers. Haven't had any issues with any of them.

I don't know if this part matters: When Singular Blues had his first script out, it worked more or less on a directory basis -- once a favorite was identified, it would transfer everything in that directory. Since GenX just puts everything into the D3D Gen X directory, divided by character source, this caused a few issues. What I started doing, both to keep the transfer time reasonable and to more easily identify any issues that might come up, was going into the data directory and putting the character morphs into their own subdirectory inside the D3D Gen X/source directory. Given the issues people were reporting, it seemed reasonable to just keep to that workflow. Two characters I've done that are moderately extreme shape transfers were Citizen X (Genesis to G3 via GenX originally) and Smay's Boris (G2 to G3). Both of them came through without any issues.

The only thing it seems to be having any kind of issue with is deleting objects after the transfer is completed, which seems to take about five minutes per character. The actual transfer, depending on the character, takes 2-3 minutes.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Don't quote me on this, but I THINK I solved the problem of converting Gianni 6 (Transferred to G3M via GenX2). I had already successfully converted the G3M version in the Slosh product (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes). I watched as XTransfer created files in the "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\D3D Gen X\Genesis 2 Male" folder and for some reason it created two other files: XT_FBMGianni.dsf and XT_FHMGianni.dsf.

I had already uninstalled the above product just in case that was causing an issue, but a new attempt created those same two files during the XTransfer conversion process. I went to my "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\Slosh" folder and removed the entire folder to my desktop. I also wiped the failed conversion from the XTransfer folder for GenX2, and the Xtransfer files in Daz Studio's TEMp folder. Then I restarted Daz Studio and ran the conversion again, having made only the Gianni 6 morph the 'favourite'. XTransfer naturally picked up the head and body morphs as well as all the JCM and MCM morphs associated with the figure. After the conversion completed (it took  ) I tested the conversion and it worked without any problems. No geometry distortion down the right-hand side or any other issues I could see. It posed correctly. I closed Daz Studio, put the Slosh folder back where I had moved it from, restarted Daz Studio and tested it again. Both sets of morphs (the G2M version of Gianni 6 and the Slosh version) worked correctly. 

The version of XTransfer I used for the conversion was Version 1.1h, kindly sent to me by Zev0 after reporting my initial problems with converting this GenX2-transferred figure. Incidentally, so far Gianni is the only figure I've had a problem with. I also XTransferred a GenX2 version of Minotaur 6 with no problems at all. 

I hope this helps Zev0 with troubleshooting his fantastic script, going forward. 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

@Zev0, just wondering if you've heard back on my issue with the morphs never showing up after being saved. I had provided my log. 

• Hey people,

I used this with laura for genesis 3.

But when it was transfering it crashed daz studio and when i opend it up it and want to load g8f standard default figure daz closes without any warning.

G8M isn't affect and loads normal

Already re-installed daz 4.12, already re-installed genesis 8 female essentials but it's still giving me the same problem.

The was one time it give me an error report, you can find it attached here or in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0AT6FHwR4zgcAVDRKVQNSlNHv_un6aL/view?usp=sharing

Anybody able to help me out pls?

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_200113-011218.zip
  • Hey people,

I used this with laura for genesis 3.

But when it was transfering it crashed daz studio and when i opend it up it and want to load g8f standard default figure daz closes without any warning.

G8M isn't affect and loads normal

Already re-installed daz 4.12, already re-installed genesis 8 female essentials but it's still giving me the same problem.

The was one time it give me an error report, you can find it attached here or in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0AT6FHwR4zgcAVDRKVQNSlNHv_un6aL/view?usp=sharing

Anybody able to help me out pls?

From what I've read in this thread, you would need to delete the morphs that were transferred up to the pint that Daz Studio crashed. 

They would be located in a folder: My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

In the XTransfer folder there will likely be a folder called "JavierMicheal" and under that another called Laura, since XTransfer copies the original folder structure of the G3 morphs it is transferring. You may also need to delete any other morphs in the XTransfer folder that were created around the same time. If Laura was the first and only figure you have tried to convert, just delete everything in that XTransfer folder. 

Then restart Daz Studio and try to reload G8F. 

That's the advice that Zev0 has given in this thread before for this kind of problem. 

• Ok thanks that cleared up the issue. Just did a search for "xtransfer" and "laura" and deleted the files popping up. Started daz studio, loaded standard g8f and all is back to normal. All though i have to mention loading g8f took longer then normal
  • Hello,

I purchased the product XTransfer and wanted to transfer Titus (G3 character) to G8M. XTransfer product loaded fine. Then, during the transfer process, DAZ Studio crashed. Now I can't open DAZ Studio without a crash. I'm curious if anyone else had this issue or if I need to go to DAZ Support for assistance.

• illysArt said:

Hello,

I purchased the product XTransfer and wanted to transfer Titus (G3 character) to G8M. XTransfer product loaded fine. Then, during the transfer process, DAZ Studio crashed. Now I can't open DAZ Studio without a crash. I'm curious if anyone else had this issue or if I need to go to DAZ Support for assistance.

Can you post what the log file says when Daz crashes ? 

I tried searching for the answer on this, but couldn't find it.

I noticed that there were a very very very large number of OBJ files created by XTransfer in the temp directory. Can we just delete those once the transfers are completed? I'm guessing the files are created so that XTransfer can use them to create new morphs, but I haven't done any new transfers for several days now.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Will there be some updates coming for Xtransfer?  I am assuming Zev0 is working on the issues that several people have mentioned since release of the program as there have been no updates from the creator thus far

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Kharma said:

Will there be some updates coming for Xtransfer?  I am assuming Zev0 is working on the issues that several people have mentioned since release of the program as there have been no updates from the creator thus far

I'm pretty sure he's working on an update as we speak, this is zev0 after all, as his products are pretty solid, though this one is only suffering from a mild case of the hiccups! wink

edited January 2020
    Kharma said:

I'm pretty sure he's working on an update as we speak, this is zev0 after all, as his products are pretty solid, though this one is only suffering from a mild case of the hiccups! wink

Good to know, I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed the update if it hadn't shown up in DIM yet as I have had issues with other updates not showing or being really late compared to what is discussed in the forums.

Post edited by Kharma on

In my User/ ? /  AppData/Daz/Temp folder I have 83.1 MB of obj files from transfers I have tried ... do I need these files or are they safe to delete and why are they saved in the temp folder anyway?

Kharma said:

In my User/ ? /  AppData/Daz/Temp folder I have 83.1 MB of obj files from transfers I have tried ... do I need these files or are they safe to delete and why are they saved in the temp folder anyway?

\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\XTransfer folder that is, and yes; this is a very excellent question as daz still uses the temp folder for active projects as in textures for certain scenes/characters so I would also like to know if it's ok to delete these files as mine has bloated to over a gigabyte in size!

edited January 2020
    vwrangler said:

I tried searching for the answer on this, but couldn't find it.

I noticed that there were a very very very large number of OBJ files created by XTransfer in the temp directory. Can we just delete those once the transfers are completed? I'm guessing the files are created so that XTransfer can use them to create new morphs, but I haven't done any new transfers for several days now.

Kharma said:

\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\XTransfer folder that is, and yes; this is a very excellent question as daz still uses the temp folder for active projects as in textures for certain scenes/characters so I would also like to know if it's ok to delete these files as mine has bloated to over a gigabyte in size!

Well, for what it's worth, I decided to take a risk and move -- not delete -- the OBJ folder from the temp directory to the desktop, where Studio couldn't see it but I could easily put it back if needed. Then I loaded G8M. He loaded without Studio complaining about any missing files, and all the XTransfer morphs worked normally, so it looks like it's probably safe enough to delete them. Probably. (Also, he loaded MUCH faster than he has been doing; since the /temp/XTransfer directory held over 200 OBJ files that were almost 400MB total, that's somehow not surprising.)

I wonder if there's an issue with XTransfer both not cleaning up after itself and Studio maybe not being able to clean up after plugins. Normally, stuff in the temp directory should be deleted when Studio is closed, but that may only be true if Studio itself -- rather than a plugin, with is sorta kinda a separate program -- created the content in the temp directory.

Post edited by vwrangler on

@vwrangler thanks so much for the information, I am just going to go ahead and delete it as I haven't transfered very many characters yet anyway.

Deleting it as well, I was too lazy to try myself as I'm in the middle of doing other things at the moment; thanks for the confirmation!

• Don't quote me on this, but I THINK I solved the problem of converting Gianni 6 (Transferred to G3M via GenX2). I had already successfully converted the G3M version in the Slosh product (https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes). I watched as XTransfer created files in the "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\D3D Gen X\Genesis 2 Male" folder and for some reason it created two other files: XT_FBMGianni.dsf and XT_FHMGianni.dsf.

I had already uninstalled the above product just in case that was causing an issue, but a new attempt created those same two files during the XTransfer conversion process. I went to my "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer\Slosh" folder and removed the entire folder to my desktop. I also wiped the failed conversion from the XTransfer folder for GenX2, and the Xtransfer files in Daz Studio's TEMp folder. Then I restarted Daz Studio and ran the conversion again, having made only the Gianni 6 morph the 'favourite'. XTransfer naturally picked up the head and body morphs as well as all the JCM and MCM morphs associated with the figure. After the conversion completed (it took  ) I tested the conversion and it worked without any problems. No geometry distortion down the right-hand side or any other issues I could see. It posed correctly. I closed Daz Studio, put the Slosh folder back where I had moved it from, restarted Daz Studio and tested it again. Both sets of morphs (the G2M version of Gianni 6 and the Slosh version) worked correctly. 

The version of XTransfer I used for the conversion was Version 1.1h, kindly sent to me by Zev0 after reporting my initial problems with converting this GenX2-transferred figure. Incidentally, so far Gianni is the only figure I've had a problem with. I also XTransferred a GenX2 version of Minotaur 6 with no problems at all. 

I hope this helps Zev0 with troubleshooting his fantastic script, going forward. 

Would it be ok for me to ask I could see your Gianni 6 as a Genesis 8. He is by far my favorite character of ALL TIME and has been my dream to get him to G8. I was holding my breath they might release him as an 8 character....but I have exhaled now.

• it's not working. i can see that morph files are transfered at 

C:\Users\user\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

but the morph didn't shows up at actor tap. what did i miss hear?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,916

I XTransferred Skinchangers and Creech, male and female, for this render....which, in hindsight, was unnecessary, because they’re not wearing any clothes or using any other morphs, but here we are. 

Wife Swap: Black Lagoon

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

any news about cross gender?

• I just purchased this. Should I hold off on installing? The crashes have me a bit concerned.

• So I installed... How long is the transfer supposed to take? Ive been sitting at 42% for 10 minutes now.

• 52 Minutes at 42% stuck on the same file "Loaded file eJCMJennMouthSmileOpen.dsf". Going to wait an hour and then kill it in task manager.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,727
    edited January 2020

At one hour, I pressed cancel on the conversion progress popup. Process didnt cancel so I coppied the history and then clicked the close button. That did close the popup. I then recieved an error, "an error occured while reading the file, see log...". Saved log file. There was a G8(?) on screen after the process. At least I think it was a G8, shouldve checked. Exited daz, re-luanched, attempted to load a new G8f, crash!

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,727
    edited January 2020

Deleted XTransfer morphs from Genesis8 Female restored G8F. G3F throwing Duplicate Formulas Found error.

Duplicate Formula issue resolved.

waiting for update...

Post edited by AnotherUserName on

There hasn't been too much updates lately in this thread about the crashes.  I too am waiting to see if there will be an update posted, Zev0 is probably working on the issues people have been aving with the crashes

• Kharma said:

There hasn't been too much updates lately in this thread about the crashes.  I too am waiting to see if there will be an update posted, Zev0 is probably working on the issues people have been aving with the crashes

I hope so. I was really excited to get this up and running.