XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Daventaki said:

Was able to finally pick this up and give it a try.  I can say my first transfer went well.  I haven't tried any of my GenX transfers yet, just a straight Rune 7 HD for G3F to G8F.  Im pretty excited about the transfer; it looks great, the only difference I noticed was the HD details are not quite as detailed on the transfer.  Another thing im excited about is the eyes are not irregular shaped (ignore the texture I didn't save the one I changed so its hard to tell in this picture, plus I didn't turn the render settings up)  no offense against RiverSofts product because I do love thier stuff also but the irregular eye thing caused me to really not use the product much.

Thank you for mentioning the irregular eyes... I wasn't sure if it was just me getting this problem with the alternative product. This is just one reason why I'm so enthusiastic about XTransfer. The only issue I've had with XTransfer is converting a GenX2-transferred Gianni 6. Everything I've XTransferred so far, that was native G3, has come to G8 pretty much perfectly. 

• Hey Zev0, really like XTransfer so far. I have a bit of an issue. Like some people here, I transfered a GenX2 character. Olympia 6. When posed, the bones go all over the place. Now, I already own also Morph Rigger Plus, so I used it to fix the bone problem but was denied to re-save over the XT. Tried it again with Gen 3 Male this time. Bones issue are less noticeable when posed, still can't overwrite with Rigger.

My question, will a future update for XTransfer have certain elements of the other the plugin or at least be less restrictive to alternate fixes?

Thanks.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 2019

Hi. What exactly happens when you try and rig a GenX morph with Shape Rigger? Does it hang? Can I see the Olympia morph bone rigging issue? I assume it's the body morph?

The update should fix rigging inconsistancies we found with GenX morphs..

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Okay, not going to go through 18 pages to find an answer.

Have been porting over morphs for a few days now. Mostly everything has gone well. And then I hit a snag. I suspect that either the script took exception to one of the morphs, or I had too many of them in the list to handle in one pass. In any case, I got a program hang, and had to force quit.

I was able to relaunch Studio and port over part of the list, and then the script evidently decided that it wasn't going to work any more.

When I'm starting from the G3F base, it hangs, the program is unresponsive, and I have to force quit.

When I'm starting from the G3M base the program quits as soon as I try to launch the script.

I haven't tested the morphs in the data folder yet, but I am all but certain that everthing that's there was converted before this latest hiccup. 

I'll try reinstalling the script and its support files, but would appreciate any other hints as to what may be needed to get it back into service.

Hi. I need your log file please.

• Any clue what happened in my instance? Did I provide all the needed info?

I reinstalled the original, and then replaced it with the updated copy. It took and transfered a pair of G3M base characters. No problem.

I tried again with some freebie Toon morphs. It threw me an error message and then the script exited.

Reinstalled again and tried with a couple of PA G3F characters. It worked fine on a single character once. Tried with another single character and got another hang.

I made a copy of the log file, but don't recognize anything in it as anything that I was doing. Although it was dated today. Will email.

edited December 2019
    The script is known to hang, but it is still processing..Does not mean it has crashed. Only time it is an issue is if studio itself closes. But send me your log.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. What exactly happens when you try and rig a GenX morph with Shape Rigger? Does it hang? Can I see the Olympia morph bone rigging issue? I assume it's the body morph?

On the left, Olympia 6 on Gen 3 through GenX2 after Morph Rigger. After that, I transfered it to Gen 8 with XTransfer, i.e right. That's how it looks before rigging. What I'm saying is, Morph Rigger will fix XTransfer morphs, but it won't save after rigging.

Annotation 2019-12-14 183033.png
    1920 x 919 - 315K
    edited December 2019

I did, but I also got a bounce message from the reply I sent to your first email. No idea whether it actually will reach you. 

By hang, I mean that the force quit options window identifies the program as not responding. This is as interpreted on the System level. I may reinstall everything again and set it up with another couple of morphs overnight. It seems to do this when dealing with G3F. With G3M it either does what it's supposed to or it closes outright. No hanging.

ETA: And now I just got a bounce message from the reply to the 2nd email.

Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

I did, but I also got a bounce message from the reply I sent to your first email. No idea whether it actually will reach you. 

By hang, I mean that the force quit options window identifies the program as not responding. This is as interpreted on the System level. I may reinstall everything again and set it up with another couple of morphs overnight. It seems to do this when dealing with G3F. With G3M it either does what it's supposed to or it closes outright. No hanging.

Send your log here in a zip file

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

On the left, Olympia 6 on Gen 3 through GenX2 after Morph Rigger. After that, I transfered it to Gen 8 with XTransfer, i.e right. That's how it looks before rigging. What I'm saying is, Morph Rigger will fix XTransfer morphs, but it won't save after rigging.

I'm having this exact issue as well... but Zev0's script should take care of the issue with the GenX morphs!

Zev0 said:

• Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Official update or unofficial. Cause if its the latter, I don't have the patch.

Zev0 said:
    JOdel said:

Send your log here in a zip file

Got it. The third bounce message from my prior attempt just reached me. 

zip
    zip
    Log File.rtf.zip

The re-instaltion seems to have gone appropriately. I was able to transfer another PA character without issue. Am beginning to wonder whether the problem may not be the specific morph I'm trying to transfer rather than the script by itself. But will give it another go tomorrow.

Let me know..The hard part about fixing this is the randomness. Something works flawless for somebody else, and when we think the update fixed the issue, somebody else has a problem with that same update...It is very frustrating...But we thank you all for your logs and support. It has been a great help. The reality is only about 5% of users are having these issues..but we will continue to work hard making sure that 5% get to enjoy the product like everybody else.

edited December 2019
    Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Hi..No official update yet. What we are doing is sending out updated versions to specific users to see if it resolves issues that user had. Once we feel confident that version is good, we will role out an official update.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2019

I would guess the official update as some of us already have the beta update... plus he plans to release it officially when testing is done; which is why I've been closely watching this thread!

You can PM him and request an unofficial patch!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

I already sent him one now.

• Used the beta update you gave me. It caught a lot more of the JCM and MCM's of the character this time, and converted a lot faster. No crashes at all.

The bone rigging when posed is still a problem, though. And I actually already did a clean install of Daz and all my content earlier this month.

edited December 2019

Can I see this bone rigging? As well as the dialed morph causing it. Thanks

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • f7eerf7eer Posts: 123

I tried your latest script on Aiko 7, and got the same error: DAZ Studio crashed. Here's the crash dump, and the log. (I don't know if the log is included in the crash dump or not, so I include it explicitly).

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191215-182518.zip
    zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191215-182518.log.txt.zip
  • Zev0 said:

Can I see this bone rigging? As well as the dialed morph causing it. Thanks

I used different morphs this time for comparison. i.e: Victoria 8, Mei Lin 7, Gia 6. The problem comes from any GenX2 (right figure) morphs. When posed, the shoulders start to move into the body, while the bones for the base of the feet gets pulled almost all the way out. Olympia 6 on Gen 8, in the OP, is the most extreme case I've tested so far, showing the hands are also affected as well but not as noticable. The rest of the bones have very minimal to no loss.

Annotation 2019-12-16 081216.png
    1718 x 918 - 473K
    edited December 2019

Ye its definately something only GenX morph related...We might have to change our approach..Have two scripts..One specifically for Genx morphs and one for everything else..I think trying to get the script to handle both types is a problem..In theory a morph is just a morph but there something in GenX morphs that just causes havoc with the current rules we have in place. We will see after we do more testing. Whats weird is some Genx morphs are also an issue trying to save via Shape Rigger after re-rigging..So maybe we can find the connection...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    Zev0 said:

Ye its definately something only GenX morph related...We might have to change our approach..Have two scripts..One specifically for Genx morphs and one for everything else..I think trying to get the script to handle both types is a problem..In theory a morph is just a morph but there something in GenX morphs that just causes havoc with the current rules we have in place. We will see after we do more testing. Whats weird is some Genx morphs are also an issue trying to save via Shape Rigger after re-rigging..So maybe we can find the connection...

Well, if there's going to be a separate script for GenX moprhs, I'd suggest going from Genesis 1 directly to Genesis 8 because as the morphs are passed along to G2 and G3, they tend to differ a bit from the original Generation 4 figures, such a V4. Or, better yet, I think, do the X Transfer directly from Generation 4 figures. You'd probably end up with a closer match to V4 than if you tried the GenX approach.

edited December 2019

The issue is any GenX morphs in general present on G3. Doesn't matter if it's G1 or G2 morphs via GenX. We are not handelling any base figure prior G3. What is on G3 needs to come over to G8 without issues. That is the focus, that is the product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

OK, I understand that approach, too. 

edited December 2019
    Zev0 said:

Ye its definately something only GenX morph related...We might have to change our approach..Have two scripts..One specifically for Genx morphs and one for everything else..I think trying to get the script to handle both types is a problem..In theory a morph is just a morph but there something in GenX morphs that just causes havoc with the current rules we have in place. We will see after we do more testing. Whats weird is some Genx morphs are also an issue trying to save via Shape Rigger after re-rigging..So maybe we can find the connection..

I want to say that we really appreciate the hard work you're doing for us and I will never forget that... thanks again for going above and beyond for us; THIS is why you are one of our favored PAs!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Here's another log file from using the latest version of the script.

txt
    txt
    DAZStudio-log_121619.txt
    2M
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited December 2019

Hi there - I purchased this on release but am just getting around now to trying it. The one character I've been trying to convert is Darius 7, and I noticed that you featured him on the product page. It seems to complete his transfer in about 2min, but when I load in the G8 base figure afterwards, I'm not finding anything under "XTransfer" on the parameters tab and the transferred character name doesn't have "XT" in front of it like the tutorial has (you showed us "XT Victoria 7" so I was expecting "XT Darius 7" but I'm not finding anything by that name). If I do a search for "Darius", he comes up, but when I load in the slider, his irises are distorted. I specifically bought this tool because your featured converted Darius didn't have wonky irises (I tried converting him with RiverSoft's tool in the past, which had resulted in the same wonky irises and I was so exited to try this one in hopes of finally being able to transfer this specific character). I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. I tried deleting the morphs and re-converting but no change. I'm not sure if it's because I previously tried converting him with RiverSoft's tool? I had deleted those morphs though so I'm not sure why that would matter. 

Capture.JPG
    678 x 611 - 45K
    Post edited by MelissaGT on