XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

Thanks for the free booty bender!

• NathNath Posts: 2,771
    xyer0 said:

Thanks for the free booty bender!

Yeah, this ^

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

Thank very much for the male glute control.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065

You are all welcome. We are making good headway on the update..We will keep sending versions to users who had issues. A big thanks to those people who are helping solve these issues.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

And another thank you for the freebie! Love your products and use them a lot.

Right now I'm a bit on the cautious side and prefer to wait for the update before I give X-Transfer a spin on my custom characters.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

thank you for the gift and other discounts, i picked up quite a few of your items i had wishlisted 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,916

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to transfer G3 UVs to G8? Nothing I’ve trued so far works. I know there are products in the Daz store that let G8 use the G3 base character UVs, but what about other custom UVs?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

For the third time, I think, here a link to Sickleyield's tutorial on map transfer:

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-The-Map-Transfer-Utility-368686796

Easiest thing to do is to convert a G3 UV to Base Male (or Female) for G3. Which should then work on G8 without further work. The eyes might not be quite right, but you can easily use some existing eye map.

Ill need to look closer over the weekend, because I wasn’t getting anywhere with that last night. Thank you. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201
    Gordig said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to transfer G3 UVs to G8? Nothing I’ve trued so far works. I know there are products in the Daz store that let G8 use the G3 base character UVs, but what about other custom UVs?

redz has a product that lets you use all 19 of the custom g3f UVs on g8f. 

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female

• Also from me: Thanks to Zev0 for the free G8M glute control!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Now my conan character can look good in his loin cloth thanks to you Zev0! wink

Before XTransfer, I would barely even have cared about today’s $2.99 base character sale, since I try to use only G8. As it is, though, I’m now Ivan, Kimo, Kenji, Lee, the Guy, Mei Lin and Teen Josie 7 richer. Can’t wait to get home and XT them. 

• Zev0 said:

You are all welcome. We are making good headway on the update..We will keep sending versions to users who had issues. A big thanks to those people who are helping solve these issues.

Thanks for all the hard work and today's gift! Your dedication and support keep me coming back!

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Another morph test was originally Insectoid for M4 tansfered to G3 with Genx then G8 with your tool

Insectoid test.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 844K
  • @Zev0 - Hi there. I fall in the category of people with XTransfer problems. OK, yes, I pushed it to the limits. I tried to transfer thousands (sheepish grin) of favorited morphs (including GenX2 morphs from earlier generations) at one time. Some transferred well, but most did not. Basically, GenX2 created the morphs but when I load Genesis 8, the morphs do not show up. When I open up one of the files that isn't working, the references are to Genesis 3 instead of Genesis 8. Would that be the problem? Or should I just go back through and transfer less morphs at one time. I can send you some sample files if that would help. Meanwhile, I can test transferring less morphs at a time.

blush

edited December 2019
    Hi. Try just one character first. Also if the process is interrupted it will leave xtransfer morphs on G3 (Same product data location as favourited morph). Just do a search and delete those otherwise you will get a duplicate ID on G3. Also if you experience a crash please send me your log file.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • @Zev0 - Thanks for the tips. I tried it again with just one morph (Brittany G3F Head) and it worked well. Morph looks very good. The process took 24 seconds on my machine. I thought I would be able to batch-process lots of morphs at one time as I do with GenX2 but I'm seeing there's a limit...just not sure what that limit is yet.

• The limit for me seems to be around 15 morphs. It's not feasible to convert a medium to large library of morphs at this point.

Ok send me your log. It should be able to handle way more than that.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Okay, I picked this up on day of release, but was half-way across the country at the time. I'm now playing catchup.

I've built a separate content library specifically for conversions. So far it's mainly been used for clothing conversions, but I intend to do character conversions in it as well. Consequently, I have a few questions of what I'm going to need to have available in *this* specific library. Since this isn't my normal character library.

I gather that I will need to install clean copies of G3F&M in this library. Will I need clean copies of G8F&M as well? Will I need to install whichever characters that I want to convert into this library as well? At this point I'm thinking of DAZ base characters,or straightforward PA characters, but what about dial-spins that I built myself? Will copies of these also need to be installed before conversion? I understand that this might preserve the original copies in case of glitches.

What about after conversion -- assuming that the conversion goes satisfactorily? Will I be able to move the newly converetd characters into my main character library, so their dials will be in with the rest of my morphing and character dials, or would it be safer to leave all converted items in the conversion library?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

By separate content library do you mean a separate runtime? Because I have that (for testing new stuff) and there's no need to add new copies of G3 or G8. Just point the script at that runtime and it will put the new XTransfer there, and that's it. Studio will do the rest.

If I misunderstood your question, then I appologise.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281

Ah, so it's just a case of choosing the output directory?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2019

@JOdel, yes chose your output directory from the script screen:

XTransfer_Path1.jpg
    1816 x 1234 - 354K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    JOdel said:

Okay, I picked this up on day of release, but was half-way across the country at the time. I'm now playing catchup.

I've built a separate content library specifically for conversions. So far it's mainly been used for clothing conversions, but I intend to do character conversions in it as well. Consequently, I have a few questions of what I'm going to need to have available in *this* specific library. Since this isn't my normal character library.

I gather that I will need to install clean copies of G3F&M in this library. Will I need clean copies of G8F&M as well? Will I need to install whichever characters that I want to convert into this library as well? At this point I'm thinking of DAZ base characters,or straightforward PA characters, but what about dial-spins that I built myself? Will copies of these also need to be installed before conversion? I understand that this might preserve the original copies in case of glitches.

What about after conversion -- assuming that the conversion goes satisfactorily? Will I be able to move the newly converetd characters into my main character library, so their dials will be in with the rest of my morphing and character dials, or would it be safer to leave all converted items in the conversion library?

I don't believe having clean installs of any base characters is needed in the morph destination folder. I did not need them.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963
    Love XTransfer but I have a stupid question... Would I get a different output using XTransfer from the products in the store that are 'Character Name' 7 for 'Character Name 8'?
    evacyn said:
    Love XTransfer but I have a stupid question... Would I get a different output using XTransfer from the products in the store that are 'Character Name' 7 for 'Character Name 8'?

Are you asking if, say, XTransferred Monique 7 would be the same thing as Monique 8?

• Gordig said:
    evacyn said:

Are you asking if, say, XTransferred Monique 7 would be the same thing as Monique 8?

No, I think they're referring to products like "Girl 7 for Girl 8". As for whether the output would be different or not, I couldn't say, as I haven't tried it for myself yet.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963
    I have a few favourite base Genesis 3 characters and was just curious if those products would be more accurate then the XTransfer versions I've done of them. I've seen those products on sale so thought I'd ask.
  • I got an unusual message running the script, trying to ONLY transfer the Gianni 6 morph I had previously converted using GenX2 (hadn't read the forum up until now because I had no other issue transferring GenX2 morphs before this).

The message is a pop-up error that says "Select a source figure, and then a target, to use this action. Both figures must be based on triax technology" (screenshot attached), along with log. 

Daz Studio 4.12.0.85 BETA.png
    1920 x 1002 - 305K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt