XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 2019

Okay. How do you select a morph to transfer? I launch the script. It brings up the script window. I go to the favorite morphs tab and try selecting the directory I wanted things to land in. Nothing whatsoever shows up in the list. 

Okay. I select the directory where all my character library lives. Still nothing whatsoever in the list. There is no list. 

The G3 figure is selected in the scene tab. Clicking elsewhere in the program window does nothing. 

Will try reinstalling the script in the character library and see if that changes things. (Note: this is a manual install, if that matters.)

----------------------

ETA: Moved the script and its support files to the character library, but everything is still greyed out, and there is no way inside the script window to select anything that I would want to transfer. Clicking on anything outside the script window just gives me an alert beep.

This is an iMac running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave), DAZ Studio 4.12.0.86, let me know whether there is anything else that would be helpful. 

I repeat; this is a manual install. Is this something that only functions if it's installed through DIM?

FavoriteMorphs.jpg
    811 x 574 - 61K
    DirectoryMorphs.jpg
    799 x 530 - 54K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • Did you remember to click the little heart icon next to the morphs you want to transfer?

• msc3dzmsc3dz Posts: 1
    edited December 2019

never mind

Post edited by msc3dz on

Before opening the script window? Will do that next. Thanks for the hint.

• Just so you know, when you load up the script, there's a button that says "User Guide" that goes into detail on how to use the script.

edited December 2019

Yup. It isn't quite as clear as it looks, but doing the selection and setup before launching the script seems to do it. So far I've not have issues, although I've yet to go in and test everything. I'm mostly transfering Toon morphs and other stylized figures so far. 

I don't see whether it's going to be possible to transfer end-user dial spun figures. But possibly one needs to export those as some sort of preset before they have a single dial in order to transfer them. 

Eh. At worst, one can transfer all the components and recreate them in G8.

ETA: Well it seems to have choked on Morpheus. Hung at 85% and appears to be doing nothing. But every 5-10 minutes it'll give another twitch, so I'm leaving it alone.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 2019
    JOdel said:

Yup. It isn't quite as clear as it looks, but doing the selection and setup before launching the script seems to do it. So far I've not have issues, although I've yet to go in and test everything. I'm mostly transfering Toon morphs and other stylized figures so far. 

I don't see whether it's going to be possible to transfer end-user dial spun figures. But possibly one needs to export those as some sort of preset before they have a single dial in order to transfer them. 

Eh. At worst, one can transfer all the components and recreate them in G8.

ETA: Well it seems to have choked on Morpheus. Hung at 85% and appears to be doing nothing. But every 5-10 minutes it'll give another twitch, so I'm leaving it alone.

That is correct. For dial spun characters you will need to make a master property dial that controls all the morphs. Just create a new property, erc freeze that property as morphs are dialed, and save it.

"ETA: Well it seems to have choked on Morpheus. Hung at 85% and appears to be doing nothing. But every 5-10 minutes it'll give another twitch, so I'm leaving it alone."

Yes it is still processing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I got an unusual message running the script, trying to ONLY transfer the Gianni 6 morph I had previously converted using GenX2 (hadn't read the forum up until now because I had no other issue transferring GenX2 morphs before this).

The message is a pop-up error that says "Select a source figure, and then a target, to use this action. Both figures must be based on triax technology" (screenshot attached), along with log. 

Following on from this, I did try re-converting Gianni 6 to G3M with GenX2, then re-running the XTransfer to bring the morph to G8M. Attempting to transfer the whole character resulted in the same error. Attempting to convert just the head morph did complete, but dialling in the transferred head morph resulted in a severely disfigured head such as has been noted earlier in this thread. I have deleted the XTransfer morphs and now wait to see if an update will resolve the issues.

I found morphs for a half a dozen DAZ G2M bases for G3M in my list of existing morphs. Gianni 6 was one of them. I haven't used GenX to port anything beyond G2, so I suspect these were from a PA. They seemed to be whole figure morphs rahter than head and body separate. But they ported oveer without crashing or stalling out. I've not checked them yet though.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    Zev0 said:

That is correct. For dial spun characters you will need to make a master property dial that controls all the morphs. Just create a new property, erc freeze that property as morphs are dialed, and save it.

Wow, I completely forgot how to do this, thanks for the refresher!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    JOdel said:

I found morphs for a half a dozen DAZ G2M bases for G3M in my list of existing morphs. Gianni 6 was one of them. I haven't used GenX to port anything beyond G2, so I suspect these were from a PA. They seemed to be whole figure morphs rahter than head and body separate. But they ported oveer without crashing or stalling out. I've not checked them yet though.

Probably this product, I'd suspect: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-legacies-for-genesis-3-male-heroes

That said, there should be three dials per character: head, body, master slider for both.

Slosh build those for Genesis 3 himself, so they're not GenX2 related. They should transfer as though they're Genesis 3 native -- which, effectively, they are.

Yup, I suspected it might have been from Slosh. I'll have to go hunting the separate body and head morphs and add them to the collection. 

I've not tried to get anything dial spun past the G2->G3 divide. I have Cayman Studios geograft patches, but I've not given them much of a workout either. I really should since going back to G2 and earlier would do an end run around the dratted Iray only issue.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Gordig said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to transfer G3 UVs to G8? Nothing I’ve trued so far works. I know there are products in the Daz store that let G8 use the G3 base character UVs, but what about other custom UVs?

This guide has pictures for anyone having trouble baking the UV maps and might be easier to follow. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95701/tutorial-converting-custom-genesis-2-uvs-to-genesis-3

So I installed XT today, tried Rune7 and got the crash some have had. It just hangs at 71% and closes on its own. This is the point where it is import/exporting geometry. I had tried to fave the Rune head, body, and full dials. This also caused Daz to crash even just loading G8F. I deleted the XT folder and it works again. However it does feel like G8 is loading slower, though I can not say for certain. I tried different things and none worked. A couple of times Daz gave me fatal error reports, so I have those. One time Daz crashed so bad I had to force kill it. And other times it crashed without any warning or error. I don't even see an error in the help log. Though now I have moved on so the log is flushed. But I did save the fatal error logs when given the chance.

I eventually managed to get a basic head to transfer. It had no linked or hidden control morphs. I got it to work by dialing the morph in on a fresh G3 figure. I'll try that with Rune tomorrow.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

@outrider42 it would help Zev0 if you provided a copy of the error log file, because it's likely there's a conflict with some other character, and the log will narrow that down.

• Zev0,

I purchased the Xtransfer script on the day it was released, but have been completely unable to convert any G3F or G3M figures to the G8 version. The script completes, but when finished produces results shown in the screenshot. I have deleted the XTransfer morph directory each time. I have also attached my DAZ log. Any help would be appreciated. 

Dexterward99

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Sent PM to dexterwardoutrider42

• Hi Zev0,

I just tried the new XTransfer script you sent me (XTransfer_v1.1h) and It still doesn't work. I have attached another screenshot and my DAZ.log file. I am currenlty running DAZ Studio 12.4.0.86 Pro Edition 64-bit. With all of the different versions of DAZ Studio that can be installed and the thousands of morph packages available it must be a nightmare to debug. Let me know if you need any additional information. I don't know if this matters, but I have almost all of the plug-ins offered here at DAZ installed, so could it be an issue with an incorrect DLL file or something along those lines? 

Dexterward99

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Thanks will go through log

• Please remember to lput the viewport in smooth shaded view if you are going to pst a screen shot of a nude, albeit distorted, figure.

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited December 2019
    Zev0, not sure how true this might be but I think I had issues when I was trying to use the X-Transfer on figures that were not compatible (those figures that do not have properties either in the hidden or visible section in your software.) I had not installed those figures after you provided the patch and I haven't had any issues so far.
    Post edited by XpiderMan on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

The update seems to work. I got the same three Rune 7 morphs (head, body, full) that had crashed to work this time. I dialed them into a new G3 instead of loading the Rune 7 preset. I don't know if that matters, but it works this way. I was worried for a moment because it did stay at 71% for a while, but this time it got past it. Wooo!

I am impressed with the accuracy, and how it still has the correctives to work with additional shapes.

@outrider42 it would help Zev0 if you provided a copy of the error log file, because it's likely there's a conflict with some other character, and the log will narrow that down.

The error log that the crash generated said it had done an illegal access violation. This may be the relevant part of the log.

<!--This error report was automatically generatedby BugTrap for Win64-x64 on Monday, December 9, 2019 11:25:16 PM -->

-<report version="1">

<platform>Win64-x64</platform>

<application>DAZ Studio</application>

<timestamp>132204075167480000</timestamp>

-<error>

<what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>

-<process>

<name>DAZStudio.exe</name>

<id>2644</id>

</process>

<module>C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\dzcore.dll</module>

<address>0033:00000000F2494055</address>

-<function>

<name>DzMorphDeltas::clearVertCount</name>

<offset>165</offset>

• So there's an update? I tried it out on a SithLord character and it crashed every time. I tried one of my morphs that I had created for G3M and it worked without issue (took like 10 minutes though).

Hi. There is no official update yet. What we are doing is sending updated versions of the script to those who have issues to see if it is solving things. Once we have enough confirmations and data gathered, we will role out the official update. I will PM you a version to test.
  • I ran the script one time and it basically made the Genesis 3 male and Genesis 8 male unusuable on my system. The Genesis 8 male won't completely load or when it does comes out horribly distorted. Most times, though it just crashes DAZ studio. When you go to load genesis 3, it tells me "Duplicate Formuals Found in Files Make sure the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details."

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated this makes me. You can see by the image, what kind of stuff I'm talking about. That's now the default load of the Genesis 8 Male --it automatically loads the morph I tried to transfer now --IF it doesn't crash DAZ studio on me. Not a happy camper at the moment.

XTTransfer Error.png
    3833 x 2160 - 2M
    Will2power delete the XTransfer folder on your G8 in data..To do this, Load G3, then open script go to browse Xtransfer morphs and delete the folder on G8. Now on G3 to get rid of the duplicate ID morphs, go to the data of the product you tried to transfer and delete any morph that has XT prefix. All will be reset now. In the update this will all be automated if there is an issue with a transfer. I will PM you a new version to try.
  • I ran the script one time and it basically made the Genesis 3 male and Genesis 8 male unusuable on my system. The Genesis 8 male won't completely load or when it does comes out horribly distorted. Most times, though it just crashes DAZ studio. When you go to load genesis 3, it tells me "Duplicate Formuals Found in Files Make sure the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details."

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated this makes me. You can see by the image, what kind of stuff I'm talking about. That's now the default load of the Genesis 8 Male --it automatically loads the morph I tried to transfer now --IF it doesn't crash DAZ studio on me. Not a happy camper at the moment.

I found out what was going on. The script when you launch it, on the Favorite Morphs Tab, the Content Directory defaults to the bottom directory listed in your Content Directory Manager. If you don't change it to where you launched your G8M From, then you get the weird messages and have all the issues. It took me a while to figure out what was going on because the log wasn't very helpful in tracking down where the hiccup was occuring. I was only able to find the .DSF that was causing me all the trouble by scanning my entire computer --that's when I found that it was saving everything in a different content directory than what I expected. After deleting those morphs and closing out of Studio and going back into it, I was able to run the script without an issue this time. So if anyone else was having this issue --check your Content Directory Location on the Favorite Morphs Tab.

I found out what was going on. The script when you launch it, on the Favorite Morphs Tab, the Content Directory defaults to the bottom directory listed in your Content Directory Manager. If you don't change it to where you launched your G8M From, then you get the weird messages and have all the issues. It took me a while to figure out what was going on because the log wasn't very helpful in tracking down where the hiccup was occuring. I was only able to find the .DSF that was causing me all the trouble by scanning my entire computer --that's when I found that it was saving everything in a different content directory than what I expected. After deleting those morphs and closing out of Studio and going back into it, I was able to run the script without an issue this time. So if anyone else was having this issue --check your Content Directory Location on the Favorite Morphs Tab.

Maybe it's due to me using the "City Limits Lite" layout (heavily customised), but... I don't have a "Favourite Morphs Tab". It's not an option in the list of panes (tabs) under the "Window" menu option. 

• As requested, I'm attempting to upload my error report.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191211-214012.zip
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Was able to finally pick this up and give it a try.  I can say my first transfer went well.  I haven't tried any of my GenX transfers yet, just a straight Rune 7 HD for G3F to G8F.  Im pretty excited about the transfer; it looks great, the only difference I noticed was the HD details are not quite as detailed on the transfer.  Another thing im excited about is the eyes are not irregular shaped (ignore the texture I didn't save the one I changed so its hard to tell in this picture, plus I didn't turn the render settings up)  no offense against RiverSofts product because I do love thier stuff also but the irregular eye thing caused me to really not use the product much.

xtransfer.jpg
    1600 x 1282 - 729K