Linday appreciation

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332
    edited September 2022

Did not know, that hair from https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-blowout-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

can be used without dForce simulation and it still looks great.

Babina801pic04.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 319K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Linday said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your amazing support, renders are great and we really like to see your work with "our" products... 

Perhaps you as users are more experienced in working with several hair products, and you are able to compare hair systems and their pros and cons. It'd be quite useful for us to know what works for you and when ( poses, scenes, lighting...) 

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

Gladly. BTW, you make the best hair products in the Daz store. That's saying something given that there are other great vendors making great hair.

At first when I attempted using one of your hair products I struggled with volumn. It seem the hair was too thick. Over time I've discovered, I and found this out by simply applying your supplied simulation settings for a different hair product of yours, that the gravity setting makes all the difference. Just uping the gravity from the default 1.5 to something like 6 or 7 lets the hair fall much more naturally and gives it a great deal of realism. That's all it took. Once I applied more gravity to my simulation settings the results went from great to phenominal.

Additionly, I recently purchased your dForce Soft Classic hair which gives me some behind the ear posing options. I love that and wish more creators would do that. This gives me the ability to create interacting figures rendered from the side the ability to show more of the face and expression. Far too many hair products for female characters only work well from a front rendered position as if it's a portrait. This option gives me side rendering options that are lacking with too many other hair procucts. More of that, please!

Thanks for all the great work!

• Linday said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your amazing support, renders are great and we really like to see your work with "our" products... 

Perhaps you as users are more experienced in working with several hair products, and you are able to compare hair systems and their pros and cons. It'd be quite useful for us to know what works for you and when ( poses, scenes, lighting...) 

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

Still eagerly and patiently waiting for another hair product from you. I loved the last two so much. At one point, I was thinking of paying you personally 100$ to make a custom dforce hair only for me hahah.  

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2022

i'm still hoping that the tube top outfit featured in the syble hd promos make it into the store someday.

hopefully with g8f/g81f support.

:)

j

Post edited by jardine on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

jardine said:

i'm still hoping that the tube top outfit featured in the syble hd promos make it into the store someday.

hopefully with g8f/g81f support.

:)

j

The panties can be found here

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,717

I really love the "cloth" dynamic hair. I also really love the quality of other Linday products, definitely top tier products. Below are a couple of recent renders using Linday products.

Image Title: Alexi - Queen and King
    Linday product used: dForce Romantic Curly Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

Image Title: The Library
    Linday Products used:
    Leather Chairs and Poses for Genesis 8 and 9
    Breakaway Bundle

• KentKent Posts: 106
    Hi everyone. I just found this thread when I was looking for something else. I'm glad I found it, because I'm probably one of THE biggest fans of Linday, ever. I own most products, because I'm an avid collector of all things Linday. However, I'm a little disappointed that the new outfits are mostly a bit 'prozzi'. The energy can get somewhat sleezy. I'm really embarrassed to say all this, because I'm obviously still buying! Linday, can we please have a new clothing set that covers the bum? Your products are awesome, but at this point somewhat limiting to one genre - which we all like rendering in private - let's just be honest about that ;) Love your products, can't wait for the next one! Ps: Syble is my go-to girl. If I don't use her face and body, chances are I'm going to use her skin. I even converted her to newer models. She's awesome.
    edited November 2023
    Sharing a render with the new Rococo Revival Bundle: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5807804141010944#gallery=newest&page=1
    main.webp (1).jpg
    1280 x 720 - 793K
    Post edited by Kent on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

It was Linday's Classic Long and Curly Hair with dForce that got me to finally discover how to really animate in Daz Studio. If it wasn't for that hair, I'd likely still be animating in Carrara instead.

Thanks Linday! I'm on a Really Fun Trip!!!

Dartanbeck, I enjoyed watching Rosie 7, your first one just now. How long did that take you to do? It's incredible. The movement of the hair looks amazing. I've been thinking about buying the two car chase products, now I'm going to!
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Linday, Linday, Linday! These two are a Daz treasure! I wish that action gear sold better than coquetterie because I'd really like some more contemporary action girl outfits.

• sidsid Posts: 432

Was playing with the Rococo set last nice. Just fabulous.

edited November 2023

Kent said:

Dartanbeck, I enjoyed watching Rosie 7, your first one just now. How long did that take you to do? It's incredible. The movement of the hair looks amazing. I've been thinking about buying the two car chase products, now I'm going to!

I don't recall how long. I'm constantly running those test animation/simulation renders with Rosie.. and I sometimes stitch them together into a short video when I'm inspired to. 

Folks in the forum were being really quite negative about animating in Daz Studio, arguing with me when I told them that I love doing it. So the whole car chase idea was born specifically for that video, so I could show people that, yes... we can animate in Daz Studio.

Including setting up over one hundred of Predatron's LoRez figures walking and talking throughout the massive Cyberpunk'd Urban Sprawl 3 I created, also animating Rosie driving the car (Linday's Four-Wheeler Template system took care of the steering wheel) and then simulating her hair... all of that took about a week and a half - maybe a little less. I do remember that it took three long sessions to get those first 900+ frames rendered even though it all fit within my 6GB RTX. That scene took forever to save and load! :)

Hey, thanks for your kind words! I really appreciate it! :)

promo for the Bonus: Behind the Scenes - Piranha vs Nemesis Car Chase Scene that comes with my course

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Almost ready for the Sprawl, Rosie 8's new (used and massively modified) aniMate-Ready (Thanks to Linday!!!) CyberCruiser is going to look really cool speeding through the city that never sees true daylight!

I've become such a Huge fan of Linday, I've started a quest to own the whole Linday store. I have quite a few already, but my budget keeps me at bay. It's a fun quest though.

I absolutely Love the tips, tutorials and helpful videos Linday provides. I've learned a Lot about Studio and dForce through purchasing Linday products alone! So Cool!!!

<gets onto the rooftop to shout>

Thanks Linday!!!

edited November 2023

In the Car Chase scene, I was having trouble finding a car that would look menacing enough to make someone like Rosie run from it. 

I put petipet's Piranha Star Ship on Linday's Four-Wheeler template and... Bam! I couldn't believe how cool it looked having That thing chasing her through the streets!!!

I don't have enough good words (and I have a Lot of good words!!!) to say about Linday's amazing Four-Wheeler Template!

EDIT: or any of Linday's Amazing products, for that matter!

I've become such a Huge fan of Linday, I've started a quest to own the whole Linday store. I have quite a few already, but my budget keeps me at bay. It's a fun quest though.

I absolutely Love the tips, tutorials and helpful videos Linday provides. I've learned a Lot about Studio and dForce through purchasing Linday products alone! So Cool!!!

<gets onto the rooftop to shout>

Thanks Linday!!!

Tks for your replies. While I was cooking I followed your link to your YouTube page and watched some of your videos (and burned the food as a result, lol). Good stuff. You truly have a gift for this! Like you, I've also enjoyed the videos Linday provide with and for their products, and learned a ton. At this moment I don't have a machine of my own as I'm traveling and it mysteriously broke after going through the airport security... However, I'm thinking of getting a new box. Perhaps you could give us some tips for compiling a machine good enough and strong enough to do animation etc? I wouldn't even know where to begin :)
    sid said:

Was playing with the Rococo set last nice. Just fabulous.

Sid, which male model did you use in this render?

@Sid That is a Gorgeous Render!!! Fabulous!

edited November 2023

@Kent  You wouldn't believe how I get by! LOL

I build my own using yesteryear's technology, if not even earlier. My machines are usually fairly upbeat for what I do, as far as I can tell, but probably really low-end compared to recommendations you'll find aroung these circles.

That said, this latest build - about six or more years ago is:

• Ryzen 7 2nd Gen - 8 core/16 threads (cheapest model)
    • Lower-end MSI Military-Class motherboard (Military-Class for the beefier capacitors and other long-life niceties)
    • 64GB cheaper, lower speed than recommended RAM
    • I had a GTX 6GB card, but Agitated Riot had an RTX 2060 6GB card up for grabs and I won the challenge

Very low key.

This is how I get by

Note that, when I'm talking about and showing various "Elements", they're all rendered individually by themself and I layer them in Fusion

DustRider said:

I really love the "cloth" dynamic hair. I also really love the quality of other Linday products, definitely top tier products. Below are a couple of recent renders using Linday products.

Linday Products used:
    Breakaway Bundle

Amazing renders as always, my friend! Yikes that's good!!!

DustRider said:

Linday Products used:
    Breakaway Bundle

Amazing renders as always, my friend! Yikes that's good!!!

Wow. Very nice rendering.

I recently grabbed that Romantic Curly Hair as well for Rosie - she uses that when she gets dolled up for parties held by Corpo Scum that she needs to infiltrate. You've never seen Rosie in a dress, have you? That's because most people who have can only eat from a straw now, and talking isn't in their set of abilities anymore! ;)

edited November 2023

@Kent  You wouldn't believe how I get by! LOL

I build my own using yesteryear's technology, if not even earlier. My machines are usually fairly upbeat for what I do, as far as I can tell, but probably really low-end compared to recommendations you'll find aroung these circles.

That said, this latest build - about six or more years ago is:

• Ryzen 7 2nd Gen - 8 core/16 threads (cheapest model)
    • Lower-end MSI Military-Class motherboard (Military-Class for the beefier capacitors and other long-life niceties)
    • 64GB cheaper, lower speed than recommended RAM
    • I had a GTX 6GB card, but Agitated Riot had an RTX 2060 6GB card up for grabs and I won the challenge

Very low key.

This is how I get by

Note that, when I'm talking about and showing various "Elements", they're all rendered individually by themself and I layer them in Fusion

Oh goodie. Thank you so much, this is a great starting point. I'm so thankful you shared. I subscribed to your channel, so I don't miss anything new you bring out ;)
    Post edited by Kent on

@Kent said: Wow. Very nice rendering.

Yep. That's DustRider. He doesn't know how to do the other kind :)

Oh goodie. Thank you so much, this is a great starting point. I'm so thankful you shared. I subscribed to your channel, so I don't miss anything new you bring out ;)

I'm honered! Thanks! :)

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 880
    edited November 2023

Agreed, DustRider's renders are really nice!

Kent Your postwork is always awesome. Such mood!

sid Very stylish!

Dartanbeck Always impressed by how you do all your animations and in DAZ. One of these days, I'll get a little brave and try it. What resolution do you render these out at? Thanks for sharing that video of rendering out in layers - hadn't thought of that. Very cool!

I was just working on a future music video project tonight with a Linday hair and outfit, saw this thread bubble up again, and wanted to share a previous simple music video I did where the stars were A) my character Miss Red and B) Linday's Classic Blowout Hair. They both get equal billing. Lol. laugh

I finally got to use Linday's hairs and dForce them after getting an Nvidia GPU. Before with my CPU renders, I couldn't dForce the Linday hairs I had bought at all sadly. As soon as I got the GPU though I went shopping for even more. smiley I'm still learning to use dForce better, but I had fun messing around badly with some dForce wind nodes and things and just had fun with the renders for that song.

I seem to have half of Linday's store at present. But next to the beautiful, fabulous, sexy etc. products, I also have to give a shout-out to their absolutely gorgeous promo images. Just soooo amazing and super inspiring! heart

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

Agreed, DustRider's renders are really nice!

Kent Your postwork is always awesome. Such mood!

sid Very stylish!

Dartanbeck Always impressed by how you do all your animations and in DAZ. One of these days, I'll get a little brave and try it. What resolution do you render these out at? Thanks for sharing that video of rendering out in layers - hadn't thought of that. Very cool!

I was just working on a future music video project tonight with a Linday hair and outfit, saw this thread bubble up again, and wanted to share a previous simple music video I did where the stars were A) my character Miss Red and B) Linday's Classic Blowout Hair. They both get equal billing. Lol. laugh

I finally got to use use Linday's hairs and dForce them after getting an Nvidia GPU. Before with my CPU renders, I couldn't dForce the Linday hairs I had bought at all sadly. As soon as I got the GPU though I went shopping for even more. smiley I'm still learning to use dForce better, but I had fun messing around badly with some dForce wind nodes and things and just had fun with the renders for that song.

I seem to have half of Linday's store at present. But next to the beautiful, fabulous, sexy etc. products, I also have to give a shout-out to their absolutely gorgeous promo images. Just soooo amazing and super inspiring! heart

Wait, what? SapphireBlue, you truly are multi talented! I just watched your music video. It's very good - I didn't know you could sing. Did you have training in music? My videos look like baby stuff against everything I've seen in this group today. Thanx for sharing your video with us! RE Linday promo images - can anyone out there truly compare? It's by far the best, and has been that consistently, for many years.
  • sidsid Posts: 432

Kent said:

Sid, which male model did you use in this render?

The guy is TMA Kade with a few other dialled in (I can attach since I saved it), Death 9's materials with masculine chest and Dain 9 normals.I kept Kade's eyebrows and stubbles but lightened them both in the surfaces tab. The hair was Punky Tail Hair. (Sorry, I'm a compulsive dial spinner!)

The lady is the recently released Hikari.

paledude.JPG
    674 x 918 - 101K
  • Kent said:

SapphireBlue said:

Wait, what? SapphireBlue, you truly are multi talented! I just watched your music video. It's very good - I didn't know you could sing. Did you have training in music? My videos look like baby stuff against everything I've seen in this group today. Thanx for sharing your video with us! RE Linday promo images - can anyone out there truly compare? It's by far the best, and has been that consistently, for many years.

Kent Thank you so much! heartI've had some training in singing and some instruments, but yeah, just love singing/songwriting/music production. Once I got to DAZ, I was super excited to start working on narratives and music videos - just starting with simple stuff though. And if the track has a more moody or sexy vibe, I know to make a beeline for a Linday hair. Hahaha.

Okay you have to drop a link to your video channel! I'm now curious about that on top of already being curious about what non-fiction book you're writing... laugh