Linday appreciation

Comments

• KentKent Posts: 106

sid said:

Kent said:

Sid, which male model did you use in this render?

The guy is TMA Kade with a few other dialled in (I can attach since I saved it), Death 9's materials with masculine chest and Dain 9 normals.I kept Kade's eyebrows and stubbles but lightened them both in the surfaces tab. The hair was Punky Tail Hair. (Sorry, I'm a compulsive dial spinner!)

The lady is the recently released Hikari.

Thanx Sid.  He's gorgeous, and I probably didn't recognize him because of the dials you added.  I also like to add my own dials to models and add that little bit of my own vision towards the end product, however lately I am just so lazy...

SapphireBlue said:

Kent said:

SapphireBlue said:

Wait, what? SapphireBlue, you truly are multi talented! I just watched your music video. It's very good - I didn't know you could sing. Did you have training in music? My videos look like baby stuff against everything I've seen in this group today. Thanx for sharing your video with us! RE Linday promo images - can anyone out there truly compare? It's by far the best, and has been that consistently, for many years.

Kent Thank you so much! heartI've had some training in singing and some instruments, but yeah, just love singing/songwriting/music production. Once I got to DAZ, I was super excited to start working on narratives and music videos - just starting with simple stuff though. And if the track has a more moody or sexy vibe, I know to make a beeline for a Linday hair. Hahaha.

Okay you have to drop a link to your video channel! I'm now curious about that on top of already being curious about what non-fiction book you're writing... laugh

I love music.  I was 8 when I started playing the violin, and when I was in my thirties my violin got stolen, so now I have an electric.  It's black with an ornamental white mother of pearl inset at the bottom.  I like looking at it, but the sound is inferior to my old one.  So I don't play any more. :( 

What am I writing?   Well, I am very, very, extremely boring.  My thesis was on Metaphysical Science, so that should give you a good idea blah yawn blah blah zzzzz.

Joking aside, it's about Metaphysics.  I'll see if I brought any of my little videos with me.  I don't have any online at this moment, but I am working on a bunch of new ones for my new web site.  I think I might still have one of my very, very first ones that I had on tiktok years ago.  Allow me to have a look and find it :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited November 2023

That's Awesome SapphireBlue!!! Bravo!!!

Beautiful voice and lovely song!!!

I'm a drummer for a rock band - or was. I just retired. One more show in December as my farewell to Glas Hamr. Now I'm free to write my own music again. Well, and I can go watch my own band as a consumer for a change, and that will be a real treat! The band does all covers.

My very tiny Music page

The music credited to me in my videos was just simple creative use of Magix MusicMaker Premium. Those digital drums shown on my page are my key to playing instruments I normally cannot, like orchestral instruments other than percussion.

But I write my music starting with the melody in my head - I write and play the bass guitar line around that and add complimentary melodies on the rhythm guitar - all the while I already know what I'll play on my drums. So to record I begin with drums alone and play the entire song. Then I lay in the bass track. Then several layers of guitar and any other instruments I want to add via midi performed using my drums.

Finally my vocal tracks. I'm always singing. The folks in town all know me for that. Always happy, always singing. When I first do my vocal tracks, the only words used are purely accidental - going with the feeling. Otherwise it's all gibberish. Sometimes I prefer to leave it gibberish because that's actually the true essence of my song - using my voice(s) as yet another instrument layer that compliments and contradicts them all.

I did this one for MATCreator, but the product was never accepted by Daz 3d, unfortunately. It's a fun prop.

EDIT: I haven't heard this for some time. Yeah, I remember making my voice go as low as I could while still being legible, and it wasn't nearly low enough for what I wanted, so I pitch-shifted it down a bit. I really loved the crazy-odd result. The whisper is more like my voice - but niot my singing voice. Though I still added a bit of effects to that as well.

I named the song: Morphs of The Hole! LOL

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Oh... and @SapphireBlue - a couple posts up I show my paultry specs, so I'm rendering at 720p

@Kent - Wow! Metaphysics! Sounds Fun! Now puck up that beautiful e-violin and write a metaphysical tune!!! ;)

Here's a little Linday and my first attempt at a Cyberpunk-style song, using some of the new content I got from this years Daz + sale

Dartanbeck said:

Here's a little Linday and my first attempt at a Cyberpunk-style song, using some of the new content I got from this years Daz + sale

Love it! 

sid said:

Kent said:

The guy is TMA Kade with a few other dialled in (I can attach since I saved it), Death 9's materials with masculine chest and Dain 9 normals.I kept Kade's eyebrows and stubbles but lightened them both in the surfaces tab. The hair was Punky Tail Hair. (Sorry, I'm a compulsive dial spinner!)

The results are stunning!

I'm a compulsive dial spinner too. My Rosie is a custom combination of... well... a whole lot of dial spinning! :)

Funny though. Some kids saw one of my Rosie videos and immediately recognized her as my wife, the Real Rosie! :)

edited November 2023

Kent said:

Dartanbeck said:

Love it! 

Thanks! :)

Dartanbeck said:

@Kent - Wow! Metaphysics! Sounds Fun! Now puck up that beautiful e-violin and write a metaphysical tune!!! ;)

Lol, I (my husband and I) am very far away from home at this time.  I'm on sabatical while I write, in Beautiful Guatemala.  We live on the outskirts of the jungle and it's fresh air and nature every day.  No electric violin :) 

edited November 2023

Ooops! I meant to say "Pick", not "Puck"!

Damned Auto-Correct!!!

Oh... I suppose I can't blame it on that this time around, eh?

Wow!!! Sounds Wonderful!!! Rosie and I live in a bit of paradise land next to the beautiful Lake Michigan in a small fishing village of Wisconsin - us and Chicha, our Strawberry Kangaroo... the Princess of Spain (our ultra-cool little dog) heart

I found my little video project but cannot directly upload it.  It has to be uploaded by link it seems.  

edited November 2023

Dartanbeck said:

Damned Auto-Correct!!!

Wow!!! Sounds Wonderful!!! Rosie and I live in a bit of paradise land next to the beautiful Lake Michigan in a small fishing village of Wisconsin - us and Chicha, our Strawberry Kangaroo... the Princess of Spain (our ultra-cool little dog) heart

My aunt and uncle lives around there too :)  I hear it's cold. brrrr

Post edited by Kent on

Kent said:

I found my little video project but cannot directly upload it.  It has to be uploaded by link it seems.  

Right. Images can be uploaded or linked from the web. Videos have to be YouTube or just a link to them.

Kent said:

Dartanbeck said:

Damned Auto-Correct!!!

My aunt and uncle lives around there too :)  I hear it's cold. brrrr

I was born in February in North Dakota. I'm good with cold! :)     Last Winter I get home from work, it's -10F and Rosie had All of the windows open, claiming it was still hot. Girl after my own heart! :)

Hence this one

Dartanbeck said:

Kent said:

Right. Images can be uploaded or linked from the web. Videos have to be YouTube or just a link to them.

Ok.  Well, now I know.  I've never had to upload videos before.  Tks.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 880
    edited November 2023

Kent Oh, I feel sad for your violin playing. I hope you pick it up again soon or you find a violin that inspires you to play again. Maybe you might even consider getting some effects pedals for your electric violin and explore a new sound!

Okay, there's nothing boring about Metaphysics! Now I'm even more curious what you're writing about. Well hope there's an opportunity for you to share about it. You can add your links (your site, videos, book when it's out, and of course, your DAZ gallery link) in your signature like Dart and I do. Then we can just hop across to see the latest. Yeah, I'm a curious cat. laugh

Dartanbeck Thank you very much! And I already knew of your band and that you were a drummer courtesy of your site! smiley It's neat to hear about your process and that you use your digital drums for the midi. Curious and interesting! You clearly had fun making that track for MATCreator!
    You know I was wondering how closely you modeled 3D Rosie on your wife - super cute to know it's close enough that those kids could recognize her immediately! laugh

Alright, I think that's enough of me going off topic... blush So my effort to get back to Linday is this render I shared in the gallery in the summer, which will be in the current music video project and also be the cover art for the track. I'm using Linday's lovely Classic Wet Hair. heart

I'll play your fool

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

Yeah. And I can't wait for her to write a Song about metaphysics!!! they can only hide in that jungle for so long, right?!!!

Rosie has been a true champ through all of this. I used to run into the other room where she was hanging out needle-pointing some beautiful masterpiece, and I'd get really close and absorb details of her face. Even then, I really sucked at gettin git anywhere close with my V4 attempts. No clue where my head was with the Genesis 1 version. Stylizing her with Rosie 7 was kind of magical. That's when I realized that our daughter, who looks a lot like Rosie, looks a lot like (in the face) TheGirl! Especially the eyes. I started messing around with thorne's Lara and it looked cool, but not quite there. After adding Sol... yeah. Nice. 

Rosie 8 has the added benefit of Ensley mixed in as well. Awesome!

I Play Your Fool - Wow! What a great piece of Art!!! That IS lovely hair!!!

• sidsid Posts: 432
    edited November 2023

Dartanbeck said:

sid said:

Kent said:

The results are stunning!

I'm a compulsive dial spinner too. My Rosie is a custom combination of... well... a whole lot of dial spinning! :)

Dartanbeck she's great! I was gonna ask if she was mocapped and how you got her so... jiggly, but I was worried I was getting a bit off thread, haha.

Kent Torment 8.1 might get you someone simalar without dials. I have just loved all the Gen 9 boys and own most of them!

On topic, the current 80% off for Gen 3 sale has a few linday options

Post edited by sid on
    edited November 2023

Mocap/hand key frame combo along with a whole slew of custom control dials I design myself. I'm a dialy kind a guy!

Jiggle comes from VWD Cloth and Hair V.2, which has a feature that applies realistic physics simulation calculation to specified morphs. It comes with presets for All Genesis Females prior to 9.

Back on topic, along with the Classic Long and curly hair, the shirt in this is actually an edited version of Linday's Wet & Dry Boyfriend T-Shirt for Genesis 3 Females. I just added a dForce modifier and it just works without a fuss! The cool texture is actually a map I found in the product's folder. I don't think it's used in any of the presets unless it's like a wet version glossiness color or something? I looked but didn't see it used. Nonetheless... I'm using it! My brother and I taste Pizza from around the globe. Yum! He makes a killer pizza himself!

PS - That's the result of the animation I build from the ground up in my course. We go from an un-posed Rosie 7, add an aniBlock. Decide we want her to put her hair back in the middle of it, so we add one of my custom partial aniBlocks (I show how to make those in a separate video) which gets us closer. Then we bake to the timeline and I go through all of the tips and tricks I've been using in Studio's timeline. When done, I introduce the dForce helpers I make for the hair control, simulate the shirt, the hair, render and finally composite in Fusion before moving on to the rest of the videos that show how to do the individual tasks in greater detail. Fun.

edited November 2023

If you haven't tried the Wet Style Curly Hair with dforce for Genesis 8 and 9 yet, I'm here to tell you that it simulates to look Just Like Real Wet Hair!!! Yikes, it's freaking Awesome!!!

It's also not that hard to make to look a bit less wet - just to have this excellent hair in both situations. It comes with morphs that keep the hair behind the ears (only if you want) even through the dForce simulation! How? No clue. But it freaking Works Great!!!

WIP of Rosie 9 - abandonned until more G9F is available - much higher resolution than the 720p I normally use - click for full - also using Linday's Car Wash Girls

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332

Rosie 9 looks really great - well done.

• Dartanbeck said:

I Play Your Fool - Wow! What a great piece of Art!!! That IS lovely hair!!!

Thank you Dartanbeck! And thanks for the info on the render resolution you use.

And as Artini just said, Rosie 9 looks really great!! yes

Thanks, you two!

Well, I like her in that picture too, but overall when she being animated, she doesn't look right. I've invested quite a bit into Genesis 9 to try and get her right, but there just isn't the right availability yet.

Besides, Genesis 9 tends to crash Daz Studio on me during some of the animation/simulation process, so I really have to wait anyway. And thus, Rosie 8 was born instead. 

Folks who have followed my CG Filmmaking thread in Art Studio know that I've recently suffred a massive data crash - lost over ten, perhaps twelve years of work - including all of the material I made to create my animation course. Everything. 

I almost started to rebuild Rosie 7 again, but she was Incredibly custom - using GenX2 to bring in things from the entire V4 family, Genesis 1 and 2 along with a whole lot of custom work. I could rebuild her... yes. But going for Genesis 8 actually felt better. Propelling myself forward a touch more. In doing so I've been able to get a whole lot more tools that work for me. Now I'm working like a mad dog to try and get new animations rendered to fill the void of all those lost stories. 

The entire car chase scene... Gone. I've started a few version of a Cyberpunk'd Urban Sprawl 3 so I can get those car chases going again. I just spent today finishing Rosie's car (above) using Linday's wonderful template system, then moved on to animating a whole bunch of LoRez figures to walk the streets, go through their hangovers and withdrawls, cops trying to stop the car chase... all manner of things. 

When I fibally went to bed last night this morning, I had the song "Ghost" replaying through my head. Love that song!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332

I am also impressed, that you are using Daz Studio to render animations.

I only use Unity game engine to render animations, if any.

Artini said:

I am also impressed, that you are using Daz Studio to render animations.

I only use Unity game engine to render animations, if any.

The Only reason I began that journey is because of Linday's introduction of the Classic Long and Curly Hair with dForce.

Since then I've caught quite a lot of flak for it - everyone wants me to try something else. And I get it. Daz Studio seems Very Unfriendly when it comes to working with animations.

The whole key to that mysterious lock was to think about how Studio likes us to work, and come up with a workflow that works for that. Coming from Carrara, there was a lot about Studio that seemed unfriendly. Those horribly impossible to use manipulators... argh!!! Universal tool is helpful unless you want Any sort of precision. So I ended up training myself to get used to using dials instead - and that actually rocks.

So I created dials that I needed to make animation work more friendly. Next thing I knew, I was Really Animating!!! I mean... it was Night and Day! Now it's so much fun that I just cannot stop - so I'm not going to! :)